PDA

View Full Version : back to back Ron Paul callers on Joe Scarborough!

max
03-27-2009, 09:02 AM
Two callers back to back praising Ron Paul and comparing him to Daniel Hanaan.

One woman mentioned how Hannaan said he would have voted for RP to be president if he were an American...

Scarborough gave Ron Paul props...but...I don't understand why these radio "conservatives" are so excited about Hanaan and wish "there was someone like hannan in USA"......but STILL downplay RP!

He Who Pawns
03-27-2009, 09:05 AM
Well, to be fair, that Brit guy did a better job of laying out a devastating case in short order than RP usually does. RP is usually more like a professor when he speaks.

Kludge
03-27-2009, 09:06 AM
Dr. Paul isn't the best speaker. He occasionally stumbles over his words, and frankly, his age is quite noticeable in his voice. Ron Paul doesn't coin many new terms and is too much of a gentleman. I believe that a key reason Obama won the recent election because he was a "Great Orator".

Even so, he's the best we currently have in Congress. I'm very excited to know that the youthful BJ Lawson is probably going to be with this movement forever. He's done some amazing performances, and his speaking ability can only improve.

heavenlyboy34
03-27-2009, 09:07 AM
Two callers back to back praising Ron Paul and comparing him to Daniel Hanaan.

One woman mentioned how Hannaan said he would have voted for RP to be president if he were an American...

Scarborough gave Ron Paul props...but...I don't understand why these radio "conservatives" are so excited about Hanaan and wish "there was someone like hannan in USA"......but STILL downplay RP!

They have to stick to the NWO script. ;):p

max
03-27-2009, 09:14 AM
if Hanaan were an American politician, these ass clowns who love him now, would attack him when the media bosses order them to do so

Conza88
03-27-2009, 09:21 AM
Dr. Paul isn't the best speaker. He occasionally stumbles over his words, and frankly, his age is quite noticeable in his voice. Ron Paul doesn't coin many new terms and is too much of a gentleman. I believe that a key reason Obama won the recent election because he was a "Great Orator".

Even so, he's the best we currently have in Congress. I'm very excited to know that the youthful BJ Lawson is probably going to be with this movement forever. He's done some amazing performances, and his speaking ability can only improve.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omHUsRTYFAU

tremendoustie
03-27-2009, 09:22 AM

BJ is awesome. I don't know what the best method is to get him into the spotlight, right now, it's a bit of a waste, having someone of his talents virtually unknown.

He is absolutely excellent with his rhetoric, using arguments and words that bring both sides of the aisle in.

Kludge
03-27-2009, 09:32 AM
BJ is awesome. I don't know what the best method is to get him into the spotlight, right now, it's a bit of a waste, having someone of his talents virtually unknown.

He is absolutely excellent with his rhetoric, using arguments and words that bring both sides of the aisle in.

Absolutely. I'm probably going to have a negative net equity in 2010, but I intend to donate the maximum amount toward BJ's run and help in whatever other way I'm able.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omHUsRTYFAU

So why isn't Dr. Paul using a teleprompter if it would better his ability to communicate? Too proud or would his flaws still shine through?

specsaregood
03-27-2009, 09:45 AM
So why isn't Dr. Paul using a teleprompter if it would better his ability to communicate? Too proud or would his flaws still shine through?

I know this is subject to debate and there is no real answer; but your comment reminds me of a line from the movie: Good Will Hunting.

People call these things imperfections, but they're not. That's the good stuff.

I think his style gives him believability. It makes him real. Constantly using a teleprompter could remove this aura of "truth". Besides teleprompter code doesnt allow one to think on their feet, change the topics, etc. ie: it is scripted.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
03-27-2009, 10:02 AM
We need someone who speaks like Schiff, but is interested in public office. Great one liners, quick witted, great comebacks, awesome analogies.

Conza88
03-27-2009, 10:04 AM

Unfortunately Ron Paul has a brain. And uses it. Shame really... :rolleyes:

C'mon though... Ron on a teleprompter? Noooo chance the MSM network would blow it at the right moment.... or screw up the words...

:rolleyes:

MRoCkEd
03-27-2009, 10:04 AM
We need someone who speaks like Schiff, but is interested in public office. Great one liners, quick witted, great comebacks, awesome analogies.
I agree

Conza88
03-27-2009, 10:06 AM

True. The man does TONS of interviews, like all day, every day...

Media machine.

He already knows what they'll say before they say it... he's heard it all before and twice on Sunday.

zach
03-27-2009, 10:10 AM
We should start genetically engineering the best of all the candidates we like and form a supermachine.

acptulsa
03-27-2009, 10:17 AM
I believe that a key reason Obama won the recent election because he was a "Great Orator".

I, ah, think I, um, have to take, er, issue with your, eh, statement there. At least, mur, when he, woof, doesn't have, meow, a teleprompter.

Kludge
03-27-2009, 10:20 AM
I, ah, think I, um, have to take, er, issue with your, eh, statement there. At least, mur, when he, woof, doesn't have, meow, a teleprompter.

Claim what you want, but when he spoke in the debates and with his teleprompters, I do believe his speaking ability far surpassed Dr. Paul's without doubt.

Again, why doesn't Ron Paul use teleprompters if they provide such an advantage?

"Because he has a brain"

Maybe he ought to use it to write a speech instead of improvising everything.

dannno
03-27-2009, 10:41 AM

I agree, Schiff could totally be our guy if he would be willing to run for public office..

and I hope you donated to Schiff4senate or whatever it was..

satchelmcqueen
03-27-2009, 11:52 AM
we have a guy like him named ron paul and rand paul from what i have gathered. the msm need to embrace these 2 guys if they want a guy like the "british ron paul."

JohnJay
03-27-2009, 12:14 PM
. . . Ron Paul doesn't coin many new terms and is too much of a gentleman. . . .

RP has seemed to put new words - and ideas - into the dialogue, whether or not he's coined them.

Everyone uses the term "toxic assets" now - Ron Paul was the first person I heard use the term.

talkingpointes
03-27-2009, 12:18 PM
Peter Schiff is awesome and my hero. But the guy is viewed as having a very negative attitude. Most people have a really emotional attachment to their investments specially those of historic American companies that bring a sense of pride in their ownership through stocks. Then when Schiff goes on tv saying to sell American stocks and treasuries people go on the offense. they try to equate his positions to being anti-American. Which of course is rhetoric and we know better, but the masses don't. If Peter Schiff is to win he needs to inspire people in oration of positive means to save ones self through the financial downturns.

I have watched nearly every interview he has done for the past three years and the response is the same thing every time; "you must be a laugh riot at parties" , "so what does being in gold mean for the average person, you can't buy things with gold", or my favorite "Your just doom and gloom".

On the flip side watching him debate is comical. His introduction being "The guy that called the crash". People will still argue the catalyst and other portions of what they viewed wrong even though history has already proven him right.

The best debate was him and Art Laffer when he bet him a penny.

Dripping Rain
03-27-2009, 12:33 PM
good news. scarboroughs son is a Rp fan

He Who Pawns
03-27-2009, 01:36 PM

You mean like... Schiff? Believe me, he's interested.

Adding a little bit of silver lining to his clouds is all Schiff needs to do.

parke
03-27-2009, 10:16 PM

Im with you there. Ill support BJ for as long as he keeps running.

Bman
03-28-2009, 01:54 AM
You mean like... Schiff? Believe me, he's interested.

Adding a little bit of silver lining to his clouds is all Schiff needs to do.

Lets hope so. And when he gets there maybe we can hope that he kicks Barney Frank in the a$$.

Athan
03-28-2009, 06:45 PM
I don't understand why these radio "conservatives" are so excited about Hanaan and wish "there was someone like hannan in USA"......but STILL downplay RP!

Because Ron Paul's name alone brings to surface their shame and embarrassment of their positions during the presidential race. He was the one republicans didn't want on the soap box because of his war views. Now that his predictions have all come true and Iraq is a war Americans are more angry about than tolerant of; and now that his major concerns of the economy are finally on everyone's lips, they find themselves in a bad position.

If they acknowledge him, they also acknowledge their ignorance, and poorly biased opinion. So they will try to avoid his name but channel his message as best they can so they can try to remain relevant in an increasingly volatile environment.

Even the msm personal shame and embarrassment of his name is no match for the demand for his views and analysis. Yes, Bill Maher ignores Ron Paul, Peter Schiff, and Jim Rodgers' economic forecast now, but he won't after this new crisis in a few months.

People are not relying on them for news anymore. They are irrelevant and those around us in our community who ignored us earlier are now having a difficult time ignoring us anymore because they are scared and they want to know what we know. And they know they are not getting informed by the media who doesn't do their job and only act as cheerleaders for the people who fucked up our financial system royally or act like drama queens for stupid irrelevant shit like AIG bonuses while trillions of dollars are being blown.

Ron Paul is the most controversial name in the media. They rather say vulgarities at this point.

Carole
03-28-2009, 07:54 PM
Because Ron Paul's name alone brings to surface their shame and embarrassment of their positions during the presidential race. He was the one republicans didn't want on the soap box because of his war views. Now that his predictions have all come true and Iraq is a war Americans are more angry about than tolerant of; and now that his major concerns of the economy are finally on everyone's lips, they find themselves in a bad position.

If they acknowledge him, they also acknowledge their ignorance, and poorly biased opinion. So they will try to avoid his name but channel his message as best they can so they can try to remain relevant in an increasingly volatile environment.

Even the msm personal shame and embarrassment of his name is no match for the demand for his views and analysis. Yes, Bill Maher ignores Ron Paul, Peter Schiff, and Jim Rodgers' economic forecast now, but he won't after this new crisis in a few months.

People are not relying on them for news anymore. They are irrelevant and those around us in our community who ignored us earlier are now having a difficult time ignoring us anymore because they are scared and they want to know what we know. And they know they are not getting informed by the media who doesn't do their job and only act as cheerleaders for the people who fucked up our financial system royally or act like drama queens for stupid irrelevant shit like AIG bonuses while trillions of dollars are being blown.

Ron Paul is the most controversial name in the media. They rather say vulgarities at this point.

Well said. I so agree with you. :)

RonPaulwillWin
03-29-2009, 01:52 AM

Did they just un-ban you for that awesome comment? j/k

gerryb
03-29-2009, 11:57 AM
RP has seemed to put new words - and ideas - into the dialogue, whether or not he's coined them.

Everyone uses the term "toxic assets" now - Ron Paul was the first person I heard use the term.

Are you serious? If he really did coin this term that is a sure negative. There is no such thing as a "toxic asset", that's called a liability, and I'm pretty sure RP knows this.