PDA

View Full Version : Iran leader repeats challenge to debate Bush at U.N.

ghemminger
09-17-2007, 02:27 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/09/16/AR2007091600993.html

By Parisa Hafezi
Reuters
Sunday, September 16, 2007; 5:40 PM

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad challenged U.S. President George W. Bush to a debate on global issues at a U.N. summit in New York, state TV reported on Sunday, repeating a call rejected by Washington last year.

"I had suggested holding a debate. I am saying again that let us discuss global concerns at the (U.N.) General Assembly in front of representatives of other nations," Ahmadinejad told state television.

The White House rejected Ahmadinejad's last year call for a presidential debate, calling it a "diversion."

DJ RP
09-17-2007, 02:41 PM
Yes. It can only be bad for the world if its leaders engage in public discourse. GET RID OF THIS DIVERSION!!!! NUKE THEMMMMM

ItsTime
09-17-2007, 02:43 PM
Would you agree to debate someone knowing you would lose? Bush cant talk himself out of wet paper bag.

quickmike
09-17-2007, 02:45 PM
Yes. It can only be bad for the world if its leaders engage in public discourse. GET RID OF THIS DIVERSION!!!! NUKE THEMMMMM

yeah, no shit!!

Then in 3 weeks they'll all say "Iran has no interest in working out a peaceful solution to our problems. Weve tried and tried and Iran just will not talk reason to us."

The sad part is that so many dumb asses will believe it.

quickmike
09-17-2007, 02:48 PM
Would you agree to debate someone knowing you would lose? Bush cant talk himself out of wet paper bag.

Yes he can!!!! I saw him do it once.......... ok, it wasnt a wet paper bag, it was a bottle of mad dog 20/20 WRAPPED in a paper bag. He was saying "DAMN YOU Mad Dog 20/20!!!!.......... I just cant quit you baby. When you gonna leave me alone?"