PDA

View Full Version : Did Beck just backtrack on the FEMA camps?

sailor
03-27-2009, 12:05 AM
It sure looks like so to me.

Zuras
03-27-2009, 12:27 AM

Huh? Try being more specific. I haven't even ever heard him voice his opinions about the FEMA camp thing. He just said he's been looking into them. /shrug. He did say he was going to cover them on his show, but then later didn't cover them on the show citing lack of information. So what has hejust "backtracked" on?

sailor
03-27-2009, 12:46 AM
In so many words said it was a "classic conspiracy theory" and that he is going to have it debunked the monday after next one.

Zuras
03-27-2009, 12:51 AM
In so many words said it was a "classic conspiracy theory" and that he is going to have it debunked the monday after next one.

The guy he had on from popular mechanics said something along those lines, he said that when he first started investigating it that it had all them makings of a classical consiparicy theory, a sprinkling of facts taken out of context. Note the past tense and usage of "first", indicating a change of opinion.

sailor
03-27-2009, 08:42 AM
Thats not how I heard it, but maybe I misheard. I was tired as hell.

Reason
03-27-2009, 09:30 AM

oh noes don't keep an open mind to the investigation or anything now

ItsTime
03-27-2009, 09:32 AM
He didnt backtrack he said they needed to do more research and it looks like they have done that research and the conclusion will be on the Monday after next

bossman068410
03-27-2009, 09:40 AM
I bet they won't even touch any of the hardcore evidence.
They will debunk the B***S*** stuff on Youtube.
I don't know for sure. I just don't trust anyone on that matter.

donnay
03-27-2009, 09:49 AM
I wonder if Ben Chertoff is the senior research of this?

sailor
03-27-2009, 10:39 AM
oh noes don't keep an open mind to the investigation or anything now

To the investigation of what? Beck pussying out?

tonesforjonesbones
03-27-2009, 11:02 AM
well Ron Paul didn't help matters when he said he didn't believe they exist but there is legislation on the table for them. tones

donnay
03-27-2009, 11:34 AM
well Ron Paul didn't help matters when he said he didn't believe they exist but there is legislation on the table for them. tones

I agree. Rex-84 has been around since Reagan.

Plus all the information about executive orders:

http://www.mindfully.org/Reform/2004/FEMA-Concentration-Camps3sep04.htm

dannno
03-27-2009, 11:35 AM

He didn't say he didn't believe they existed, he said he had seen no evidence.

dannno
03-27-2009, 11:42 AM
He didn't say he didn't believe they existed, he said he had seen no evidence.

When Ron Paul got tricked by Sasha Cohen, someone asked if Ron Paul had ever seen the Ali G show. They said no, he hadn't, if it isn't hardcore finance more money news, then Ron Paul probably hasn't seen it.

So does the Ali G show not exist because Ron Paul has never seen it? This is the same logic people have used on this site for saying that Ron Paul doesn't think FEMA camps exist, or Ron Paul doesn't think 9/11 was an inside job.

Did they not find molten metal under the world trade center just because Ron Paul has never seen it or analyzed what could have caused said molten metal to be running under the world trade center several weeks after collapse?

These are questions we must ask ourselves and consider when listening to Ron Paul's expertise along the lines of congressional legislation and monetary and financial theories and occurrences. These are the questions we must consider when he voices his opinion on these complicated, secretive matters and past occurrences. Ron Paul is very careful with his own wording.

Ron Paul clearly said he had seen no evidence, he didn't say he had spent countless hours researching and was certain they did not exist, he just said that he hadn't seen evidence.

tremendoustie
03-27-2009, 11:49 AM
I haven't seen evidence either, although I did hear that someone went a checked a couple of them out and found nothing.

I really don't think they exist, but I admit I have not done all the research I could. I certainly have not seen anything indicating it's for real.

donnay
03-27-2009, 01:10 PM
You're right Danno, I agree Ron Paul watch his wording to Glenn Beck. However, he does know the legislation that was enacted just for FEMA Camps.

Congressman: American Concentration Camps "On The Books"
Texas Representative urges repeal of neo-fascist laws in America before it is too late

Steve Watson
Infowars.net (http://www.infowars.net/articles/november2006/131106RonPaul.htm)
Monday, November 13, 2006

Re-elected Texas Republican Congressman Ron Paul joined Alex Jones on air last week to discuss the fallout of the midterm elections and what he sees transpiring over the next two years. He ended by ominously warning that if something is not done soon to overturn legislation such as the Military Commissions act, the law officially allows for citizen concentration camp facilities.

Beginning with the positives to come out of the election, Ron Paul stressed that it has provided an important indication to the rest of the world that the people of America are unhappy with the usurpers that have seized control of their government and are trying to initiate change. The Congressman was quick to point out that this may not be carried into policy however:

"Not a whole lot will change because the leadership on the Democratic side, even if they had their way, don't have a different foreign policy. They have been supportive of an interventionist foreign policy in the middle east, and they are not about to back away from that... They are willing to criticize the policy but only as a means to get power."

As we have seen over the past week, leading Democrats are all towing the party line, unreservedly dismissing any notion of the possibility of impeaching the President over Iraq.

The Congressman also stated that monetary policy will stay the same, which can only mean bad news for the American economy.

" They all believe in the federal reserve, they are not going to get rid of the IRS and the income tax. I think the dollar is going to keep sliding, which means prices are going to rise, when currencies self destruct, the end goes quickly. There are no signs that there is anything being done in Washington to correct the problem. Spending is going to continue and probably going to get worse, the deficits are going to stay high if foreign policy is not going to change."

The Congressman agreed that the elite globalists within the US government may not care about this too much because it means they can blow out the economy and then come back and buy it up very cheaply. These Internationalists care not about preserving and protecting American sovereignty when there is a quick buck to be made.

"That's also part of the foreign policy to be in position to hold onto natural resources, that's one of the major reasons why we're in the middle east, so yes if there is a financial crisis, they're going to have the guns, and they have control of the natural resources... It's not a good scenario, because what usually happens when you wipe out a currency is that you wipe out the middle class, and we already see this happening. The standard of living is going down." Paul asserted.

Ron Paul's comments echo those of Former World Bank Vice President, Chief Economist and Nobel Prize winner Joseph Stiglitz, who two weeks ago predicted a global economic crash within 24 months - unless the current downturn is successfully managed. Asked if the situation was being properly handled Stiglitz emphatically responded "no," and also drew ominous parallels to the development of the NAFTA Superhighway and the North American Union.

What real Conservatism there was left in the House, to block such moves, as well as Bush's amnesty program for illegals, is gone. With Pelosi at the helm Ron Paul sees it as a forgone conclusion that such policies will sail through.

"I think that's right, although I complain about the two parties being exactly alike, I would say on this amnesty issue and what's happened with the election, there probably was a difference between the two. It is more likely with the Democrats in charge, and Judiciary and the other major committees, and with the President not really fighting for our national borders, he's always argued for some type of worker program, yes I think there's a much greater danger that that is going to be coming in the next session."

Commenting on strategies to defeat the North American Union, the Congressman urged a continuance of educating people on the real issues and reaching more and more Americans who care about preserving their national sovereignty:

"You have to keep doing what you are doing, you are reaching a lot of people, and they have to get to their members of congress, and in many ways the current House has been pretty good with this. With the new House we don't know exactly what is going to happen, but I had something very encouraging come to my attention just this week. I had a call from a young lady that won in Kansas as a Democrat, and in her literature she put my whole article on the NAFTA super corridor in there... She is not going to vote with Nancy Pelosi."

Finally, and perhaps most importantly, The Congressman spoke on the issue of going about demanding a repeal of freedom crushing legislation such as the Patriot act and the Military Commissions act and the Defense Authorization Act which essentially wipes out Habeas Corpus.

"We might have to hope that our Supreme Court helps us out a little. The Court has been better than the executive branch and a heck of a lot better than the Congress, because we've given the President everything he's asked for and the President has been begging for all this authority, so immediately we have to hope that the courts will save us on some of these things. But once again ultimately its only when the people wake up and say they don't like this... sometimes the people wake up to late. Right now we don't have concentration camps, but like you have pointed out, the authority has been given so that concentration camps can come without Habeas Corpus . I have heard the argument that there is nothing else left in the Bill of Rights. If they can lock you up, what good is freedom of speech or what good is a gun? That is now part of the books, part of the law."

Take Ron Paul's suggestion up and contact your new or re-elected members and demand a move to repeal legislation paving the way for fascist government control in America today.

Reason
03-27-2009, 04:20 PM
I remember this story from years ago

http://news.pacificnews.org/news/view_article.html?article_id=eed74d9d44c30493706fe 03f4c9b3a77