PDA

View Full Version : Angle Grinder Man!

Rael
03-26-2009, 10:28 PM
This story is a bit old, I don't know where the guy is now, but i thought it was worth sharing

Angle Grinder Man!

What’s a good Brit to do when it’s discovered that the traffic wardens have “clamped” your car for the most minor parking violation? Just call London’s newest super hero, Angle Grinder Man! He’ll drop in, sporting full super hero garb and golden angle grinder to rescue you from the clutches of evil bureacracy! And if he can’t make it himself, his website has handy tips on doing the job yourself.

“I may not be able to single-handedly and totally cast off the repressive shackles of a corrupt government - but I can cut off your wheel-clamps for you. My obsession with wheel-clamping is actually a rebellion against a much deeper malaise,” he said. “Namely, the arrogant contempt that politicians hold for the people who put them into power, and whom they claim to represent.”

Friend of the common man that he is, it would seem that Angle Grinder Man would be counted the enemy of the London and Kent police. But the cops say that there have been no complaints from anyone, so they’re not after him. That doesn’t mean he doesn’t need to be careful though. The clamps are placed private outfits hired by the city governments, and those guys don’t take kindly to having their clamps destroyed. He has had threats made against him and his website seems to be a target for hackers — likely the guys he’s ticked off. His website was working last night, but this morning it was down.

Angle Grinder Man targets not only the low-tech wheel clamps, but also speed cameras. And there are rumors that he’s planning to expand his services to New York

bossman068410
03-26-2009, 11:06 PM
Sounds like the scamra dude.

But he doesn't destroy the traffic cams.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqIuWeuKNJ0
make you laugh :)