PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul to Appear on "The Young Turks" Tonight at 8:20 p.m.

Knightskye
03-26-2009, 03:58 PM
http://www.theyoungturks.com/story/2009/3/26/135247/612/Enough/Congressman-Ron-Paul-Will-Be-On-TYT-TONIGHT-at-8-20pm-ET

Apparently he'll have a quick interview at 8:00 p.m. with Campbell Brown, and then dash off to a telephone to call in to "The Young Turks" radio show.

"The Young Turks" interview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCBrsOpJCmw

ClayTrainor
03-26-2009, 03:59 PM
so he's gonna be on CNN as well?

Bruno
03-26-2009, 03:59 PM
They have spoken favorably of him in the past.

Epic
03-26-2009, 04:03 PM
young turks are hardcore liberals, right?

yep... the comments there are like, well I hope he exposes Ron Paul's racist newsletters...

Young Paleocon
03-26-2009, 04:05 PM
Didn't the young Turks massacre the Armenians?

MRoCkEd
03-26-2009, 04:27 PM
I hope they doesn't bring up those newsletters. I remember them really attacking him for them.
Bashing Obama's economic plan - I'm up for that.

Invalid
03-26-2009, 04:39 PM
Cenk asks hard hitting questions.

I actually hope he brings up news letters because it would be interesting to hear the whole thing. They've debated those newsletters on his show before.

young turks are hardcore liberals, right?

Ya but Cenk supposedly used to be a republican. I don't think he minds libertarians quite as much as neocons, but I could be wrong.

Invalid
03-26-2009, 04:46 PM
What questions do we want them to ask?

We can email Ana, and she might read some of them?

MRoCkEd
03-26-2009, 04:50 PM
Do you see any chance that Obama's stimulus plan will work?

ladyjade3
03-26-2009, 04:53 PM
Hope this was a good call on my part. I think Cenk is intelligent and they can have as good a discussion as Cenk is willing to have.

Invalid
03-26-2009, 04:55 PM
Cenk will go after the newsletters for sure. Maybe he'll ask about Rand's senate run.

Dripping Rain
03-26-2009, 05:25 PM
please go to this page where you can watch the show and defend Dr Paul in the chatroom from any lies
go go go
http://www.theyoungturks.com/

Invalid
03-26-2009, 05:35 PM
I haven't watched this show in a while. Seems like Anna's essentially the co-host now. At one point she was just an intern in the back somewhere.

Zera
03-26-2009, 06:09 PM
please go to this page where you can watch the show and defend Dr Paul in the chatroom from any lies
go go go
http://www.theyoungturks.com/

Jesus Christ, the Keynesians in that chat room are stupid as hell.

They seriously think the market has had no regulation under every Republican president in the past 30 or 40 years.

Bruno
03-26-2009, 06:15 PM
never listened to the show.

on next, I think?

ClayTrainor
03-26-2009, 06:16 PM
He's on now!

Bruno
03-26-2009, 06:21 PM
listening bump

specsaregood
03-26-2009, 06:24 PM
This is going great. I hope I don't jinx it....

ClayTrainor
03-26-2009, 06:27 PM
This is amazing so far!

This will be a great one to show your left-leaning friends!

Bruno
03-26-2009, 06:29 PM
I love this rambling old man. :D

Young Paleocon
03-26-2009, 06:29 PM
I don't know....RP sounds a little incoherent in this one just my opinion.

Young Paleocon
03-26-2009, 06:31 PM
Alright talking about the fed got him back on track.

Bruno
03-26-2009, 06:32 PM
agreed back on track

specsaregood
03-26-2009, 06:35 PM
I love this rambling old man. :D

Get in line pal. :)

He Who Pawns
03-26-2009, 06:36 PM
the interview was an overall win.

ClayTrainor
03-26-2009, 06:36 PM
I don't know....RP sounds a little incoherent in this one just my opinion.

Seriously?

I thought this was one of his best interviews to date, even though it's a pretty minor one.

Very good discussion on the issues, and the interviewer did a great job on challenging him but also maintaining respect.

ladyjade3
03-26-2009, 06:37 PM
OK I'm pretty pleased with that. :) Young liberal audience. 75% will probably have no clue what he was talking about, but the 25% that will be scratching their heads and googling is worth it!!!!

Zera
03-26-2009, 06:38 PM
Being in the chat room, most of the Liberals were not liking much of what Paul was saying.

trey4sports
i get frustrated when i have to dumb down to explain every fucking thing

ItsTime
OK I'm pretty pleased with that. :) Young liberal audience. 75% will probably have no clue what he was talking about, but the 25% that will be scratching their heads and googling is worth it!!!!

Into the lions den is always good :D

Wish I had listened! lol

micahnelson
03-26-2009, 06:41 PM
Chatroom was painful. Worse than right wing IMO.

StudentForPaul08
03-26-2009, 06:42 PM
Ya know what, even the TYT have diff. views than Dr. Paul at least they were respectful as $%@, unlike those biotches at CNN.

Young Paleocon
03-26-2009, 06:43 PM
Seriously?

I thought this was one of his best interviews to date, even though it's a pretty minor one.

Very good discussion on the issues, and the interviewer did a great job on challenging him but also maintaining respect.

I've heard him due better, he just kinda sounded tired and started rambling, but he got more collected on the fed.

Invalid
03-26-2009, 06:44 PM
Paul voted against the repeal of glass-Stegal.

I wish he would have explained that when he was questioned on it.

He was one of the only republicans to vote against it.,

ClayTrainor
03-26-2009, 06:48 PM
I've heard him due better, he just kinda sounded tired and started rambling, but he got more collected on the fed.

hmmm... well i'll agree to disagree :D

MRoCkEd
03-26-2009, 06:49 PM
pretty good one

Invalid
03-26-2009, 06:50 PM
Someone go in chat room who can log in, and tell them Paul voted against the glass-stegal bill.

Invalid
03-26-2009, 06:50 PM
He's blaming Ron Paul for glass-Stegal...

This is ridiculous

Young Paleocon
03-26-2009, 06:51 PM
Paul didn't vote on the Gramm-Biley bill

Young Paleocon
03-26-2009, 06:54 PM
Glass-Stegal isn't a valid argument anyway. The argument with that is our economic ills today are due to it being repealed in 99. That argument is assuming we didn't have booms and busts between the 30's and 1999. We had plenty of recessions even when GS was on the books....

Invalid
03-26-2009, 07:00 PM
Why is he bashing Paul for glass-Stegal when Paul voted against the repeal.

WTF. That was Phil Gram not Ron Paul that did that. Paul was one of the lone persons against it.

Invalid
03-26-2009, 07:02 PM
http://www.house.gov/paul/congrec/congrec99/cr110899-glb.htm

This is Ron Paukl's 1999 statement opposing the repeal of glass stegall

Invalid
03-26-2009, 07:02 PM
http://www.house.gov/paul/congrec/congrec99/cr110899-glb.htm

This is Ron Paukl's 1999 statement opposing the repeal of glass stegall

Madam Speaker, today we are considering a bill aimed at modernizing the financial services industry through deregulation. It is a worthy goal which I support. However, this bill falls short of that goal. The negative aspects of this bill outweigh the benefits. Many have already argued for the need to update our financial laws. I would just add that I agree on the need for reform but oppose this approach. -Ron Paul

They jsut spent a half hour bashing Ron Paul for Glass-Stegall when he opposed the bill

Conza88
03-26-2009, 08:07 PM
FFS, tell them so... BAH

Epic
03-26-2009, 08:59 PM
Why is he bashing Paul for glass-Stegal when Paul voted against the repeal.

WTF. That was Phil Gram not Ron Paul that did that. Paul was one of the lone persons against it.

You can't put common sense into statist liberals...

Young Paleocon
03-26-2009, 09:02 PM
Paul didn't vote on Gramm's revision of GS. Read my previous posts on the thread.

satchelmcqueen
03-26-2009, 09:22 PM
They have spoken favorably of him in the past.

i saw one vid of them and the guy was trashing paul big time. i dont like the turks.

Knightskye
03-27-2009, 12:18 AM

Knightskye
03-27-2009, 12:46 AM
I just want to ask some questions about Dr. Paul's "100% reserve" claims.

1. If I put my money into a 10-month CD, the bank would be able to lend that money out for 10 months, and they have to make sure the money is back into the back at the end of that period?

2. if I just have money in a savings account and a checking account, the banks aren't allowed to lend any of that, unless they have my permission?

raystone
03-27-2009, 08:48 AM

thanks, excellent job by Dr. Paul.

Epic
03-27-2009, 09:34 AM
I just want to ask some questions about Dr. Paul's "100% reserve" claims.

1. If I put my money into a 10-month CD, the bank would be able to lend that money out for 10 months, and they have to make sure the money is back into the back at the end of that period?

2. if I just have money in a savings account and a checking account, the banks aren't allowed to lend any of that, unless they have my permission?

Correct.

BJ Lawson can help here.
http://blog.lawsonforcongress.com/2007/08/19/ron-paulites-discuss-sound-money-at-redstatecom/

"Regarding the question, “Ok, so the proposal is to give legal status to private “money,” to be 100% backed by gold and/or silver. How exactly is this expected to work?” –> Easy. Just repeal the legal tender laws. The only institution that will be *required* to accept Federal Reserve Notes for settlement of debts is the federal (and perhaps state and local?) government (i.e., you could always pay taxes in Federal Reserve Notes). Anyone else can take ‘em or leave ‘em. Most folks would continue to take ‘em, but they would be instantly subject to open market competition.

Regarding the question, “The problem with all of this, which the Paulites must address, is bank runs. It’s inevitable that banks will close during panics if they use any kind of fractional reserve. Remember, under full gold-backing by private institutions, there is no credible deposit insurance.” –> “Honest” banks that support hard currency would (again) distinguish between time deposits and demand deposits (that’s where we’ve again lost our way). A time deposit (i.e., a CD) pays interest, but CANNOT be withdrawn until it matures — because the money literally isn’t in the vault, it’s out working and earning you interest. A demand deposit (i.e., a checking account) is something that YOU pay for, for the convenience of drawing against it via Web banking, checks, ATMs, or whatever. (You could still write checks, though… we WOULDN’T need to eliminate “the practice of writing paper checks on bank deposits”.)

Your demand deposits would sit in the vault until you needed them, no loans would be written against them. Your time deposits would be put to work following the risk/reward profile YOU choose (or maybe you’d continue to invest in stocks, real estate, or whatever). Complete confidence in demand deposits == No runs on banks. The previously-cited financial instabilities during the “gold standard” eras resulted from fractional reserve banking gone awry, not the currency itself.

In this world, you wouldn’t NEED deposit insurance. But you’d probably look for an independent “Consumer’s Reports” seal of approval on your bank of choice to ensure it had the appropriate audits and internal controls in place."

Basically in a free market there are no rules except for don't screw with natural rights (person and property). So just use your imagination. What would likely happen is that there would be some accounts that are time deposits (where you agree the bank can loan your money out, but you agree not to withdraw your money until a certain time, hence there can be no bank runs) and demand deposits, where they keep your money and don't loan it out at all, but you have to pay them for the privilege.

Epic
03-27-2009, 11:09 AM
I want more people to see his appearance here:

digg.com/political_opinion/ Ron_Paul_Rapes_Young_Turks_with_Logic_Economic_Kno wledge

connect those with cut and paste. (also eliminate the space in the word knowledge that it wont let me take out)

yoshimaroka
03-29-2009, 08:36 PM
Hope this was a good call on my part. I think Cenk is intelligent and they can have as good a discussion as Cenk is willing to have.

You should try booking Dr. Paul on the No Agenda podcast. They reach a couple hundred thousand listeners.

Knightskye
03-30-2009, 02:32 PM
You should try booking Dr. Paul on the No Agenda podcast. They reach a couple hundred thousand listeners.

Ah. I just knew Adam Curry endorsed Ron Paul. I didn't know he helped run the site.

By the way, I wish I could change the thread title more than five minutes after I post the thread. People are going to think Ron Paul's on the show tonight and every night.

SimpleName
08-14-2009, 11:29 PM
Yeah, I didn't get an answer in the other thread, but who the hell are the Young Turks anyway? There was some Lew Rockwell thread a few days ago speaking about some group formed out of the Ottoman Empire or something. Are these the same people? Like do these fools represent that group or something? :confused:

silverhandorder
08-15-2009, 05:17 AM
Yeah, I didn't get an answer in the other thread, but who the hell are the Young Turks anyway? There was some Lew Rockwell thread a few days ago speaking about some group formed out of the Ottoman Empire or something. Are these the same people? Like do these fools represent that group or something? :confused:

Very liberal show on youtube. I have no idea why they call them selves Young Turks.

max
08-15-2009, 09:59 AM
i get frustrated when i have to dumb down to explain every fucking thing

use this for dummies..

http://www.TomatoBubble.com

satchelmcqueen
08-15-2009, 08:29 PM
/.//

Imperial
08-15-2009, 08:30 PM
The Young Turks were a group of Westernizing folks in the Ottoman Empire who made a de facto coup against an Islamist sultan and began to modernize and liberalize the state.

The principles espoused by the Young Turk movement are probably what the site embraces.

PaulaGem
08-15-2009, 08:58 PM
The Young Turks were a group of Westernizing folks in the Ottoman Empire who made a de facto coup against an Islamist sultan and began to modernize and liberalize the state.

The principles espoused by the Young Turk movement are probably what the site embraces.

They were also responsible for the Armenian genocide.

Imperial
08-15-2009, 09:09 PM
They were also responsible for the Armenian genocide.

True...well, at least one of the Armenian genocides. The Armenians were always bullied like the Jews were.

I didn't say they lived up to their mandate. The Young Turks also denied freedom for the Arabs still under the Ottomans.