MRoCkEd
03-26-2009, 12:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXJb-JkysEQ

ClayTrainor
03-26-2009, 12:07 PM
nice, thanks!

MRoCkEd
03-26-2009, 12:12 PM
He gets Geithner to admit that it wasn't lack of regulation that caused the crisis.

tremendoustie
03-26-2009, 12:21 PM
He gets Geithner to admit that it wasn't lack of regulation that caused the crisis.

Whoa, Geithner admits that it's insurance that creates the moral hazard, which makes the regulations necessary.

That's a biggie.

Now if we could just get him to admit that the Fed caused the overleveraging.

DFF
03-26-2009, 12:42 PM
He confused the HELL out of Geithner. Lol

MRoCkEd
03-26-2009, 12:47 PM
I'll get back to you

jrskblx125
03-26-2009, 02:33 PM
what a moron. that was funny lol... SHOULD U BE INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY IN ALL ASPECTS OF THE PHRASE.... umm i ah i dont FUCKING A IM STUPID

AJ Antimony
03-26-2009, 02:43 PM
He confused the HELL out of Geithner. Lol

No, Geithner confused himself. After all, he is clueless.

Smoke the Liberty Tree
03-26-2009, 02:50 PM
Ron grandstands too much. He needs to ask more questions in the short 5 minute period in which they are allowed. For the questions that pertained to the subject of discussion during that meeting, i must say that geihtner did an adequate job of explaining himself and his actions. I still disagree with him though.

Smoke the Liberty Tree
03-26-2009, 02:52 PM

Just because you don't agree with his policies does not mean he is clueless. haha, would love to see some of the people on here that dish out criticism try and debate him with their point of view versus his. Very few people on here would be able to do so, including myself. He may be a babbaling bafoon in your opinion, but he is still a very smart man. you just happen to disagree with his points of view, as do i.

paulim
03-26-2009, 02:56 PM

I think he is a very bright guy and the first who tries to answer RPs questions. Too bad that he is on the wrong side.

dannno
03-26-2009, 03:08 PM
Heh, that had to be the longest 10 minutes of Geithner's life.

Omphfullas Zamboni
03-26-2009, 03:45 PM
RP wasn't very articulate with his question. I did like the part where Geithner admitted regulations are needed to balance the moral hazards are initiated by government safety nets.

ItsTime
03-26-2009, 04:04 PM
someone please reply to this comment on the youtube page

You know, I may be just running my mouth here without conclusive evidence, but, Ron Paul seems to be just like all of these other boobs on youtube running thier mouths and complaining. There is one difference between the two though, Ron Paul is in a position to introduce bills to actually change things, yet, he just whines and complains. Can someone direct me to the bills he has introduced to make a difference? what for and why is he just yapping?

He Who Pawns
03-26-2009, 04:14 PM
Lol I'm not sure what Dr Paul was even talking about here.

ItsTime
03-26-2009, 04:16 PM
Heh, that had to be the longest 10 minutes of Geithner's life.

Since it was only 5 mins I would say its the shortest 10 mins of his life :D

Omphfullas Zamboni
03-26-2009, 04:23 PM
someone please reply to this comment on the youtube page

Ron Paul introduces more legislation each year than any other member of Congress. HR 1207 is a good bill.

devil21
03-26-2009, 06:41 PM
Ron grandstands too much. He needs to ask more questions in the short 5 minute period in which they are allowed. For the questions that pertained to the subject of discussion during that meeting, i must say that geihtner did an adequate job of explaining himself and his actions. I still disagree with him though.

There's really no point to that since Geithner (like Bernanke) will just respond with some boilerplate language that has nothing to do with the questions. At this point, I think RP likes to get things out in the open that no one else will even mention. Call it grandstanding if you want. I call it not sticking to the "script", and make no mistake about it there is a script, of these hearings.

sparebulb
03-26-2009, 09:00 PM

I believe that there is a game being played in these committees. If RP were to ask a question without the long narrative, Geitboy would have the opportunity to filibuster RP with a long Bernanke-esque answer and run out the clock. RP knows what he is doing. He is speaking to us and the official record. Somewhere in the future, there will be a record of a man in Congress who tried his best to avert disaster.

Rangeley
03-26-2009, 09:12 PM
No, the questioner can cut them off if they want. Geinther/Bernanke can't fillibuster, and the questioner has total control of their allotted time.

fj45lvr
03-26-2009, 11:08 PM
funny how things "evolved" to only being able to get an occasional 5 MINUTES of sanity in Gov. !!! All the freaking time in a year and its condensed down to 5 minutes here and there.

the "system" is a joke.

fr33domfightr
03-26-2009, 11:40 PM
I think Ron needs to keep his narrative shorter, allowing more time for multiple questions.

I did like the part about Geithner saying the moral hazard is created by the insurance. I had to play that over several times to understand what he was talking about.

I think he was saying, banks use short term loans from the federal reserve, leveraged with fractional reserve banking for the benefit of society. And if you do this, you can get runs on the bank, which is why we need the FDIC, which causes moral hazard, which is why we need regulation.

Well, then why not stop using fractional reserve banking, then you won't need insurance, then you won't need regulation??

What seemed very strange was, Geithner didn't really answer Ron Paul's question. Ron was asking about being innocent until proven guilty, but also brought up the IRS. Geithner didn't seem to know what to say, but as a taxpayer, I pay my taxes to the United States Treasury, which Geithner is Secretary. He just wasn't prepared for that question, since Ron was right. The IRS assumes you're guilty, you must pay first to try to appease them, then try to defend yourself against them to try and reclaim your money.

FF