PDA

View Full Version : Libertarian-Oriented Site Looking to Pay More Writers

escapinggreatly
03-26-2009, 11:29 AM
I honestly have no idea where to put this, because the online part of the "Spreading the Message" forum seems to be more about swapping banner ads and such (and absolutely no one would ever see it), and the Grassroots Central forum is much more Ron Paul-specific, while this is a general political site - so that left this place.

Anyway, I'm the owner of a site called The Melting Pot Project (http://www.meltingpotproject.com), which features all sorts of libertarian-y stuff. We're looking to add a few new writers to the staff, and I know there are some good writers on this forum, so I figured I'd let everyone here know, since new sources of income are pretty hard to find for anybody these days. Ideally, we're looking for people with solid technical writing skills (i.e., you know what to capitalize and where a question mark goes), open minds, and the ability to weave some humor into what you write. If you're interested, just send some info about yourself and a few writing samples over to meltingpotproject@gmail.com . (Yes, we have our own email system, but quite frankly, using Gmail for general stuff is easier and faster.)

We now return you to your regularly-scheduled arguments.

tsopranos
03-26-2009, 11:59 AM
Nice site... :)
Do you mind if I piggyback off of your post to whore my own blog? :D

I'm looking for contributing authors as well.
http://bluntlyspeaking.wordpress.com/

The name says it all, "Bluntly Speaking". Non-PC banter of anything under the sun.

PM me if interested.

A. Havnes
03-26-2009, 12:11 PM
Thanks! I'm a freelance writer looking for more work (my previous magazine is changing publishing companies), so you may hear from me.

TruthisTreason
03-26-2009, 12:18 PM
I honestly have no idea where to put this, because the online part of the "Spreading the Message" forum seems to be more about swapping banner ads and such (and absolutely no one would ever see it), and the Grassroots Central forum is much more Ron Paul-specific, while this is a general political site - so that left this place.

Anyway, I'm the owner of a site called The Melting Pot Project (http://www.meltingpotproject.com), which features all sorts of libertarian-y stuff. We're looking to add a few new writers to the staff, and I know there are some good writers on this forum, so I figured I'd let everyone here know, since new sources of income are pretty hard to find for anybody these days. Ideally, we're looking for people with solid technical writing skills (i.e., you know what to capitalize and where a question mark goes), open minds, and the ability to weave some humor into what you write. If you're interested, just send some info about yourself and a few writing samples over to meltingpotproject@gmail.com . (Yes, we have our own email system, but quite frankly, using Gmail for general stuff is easier and faster.)

I sent you something. :cool:

nate895
03-26-2009, 12:22 PM
I'll be sending you something.

tremendoustie
03-26-2009, 12:24 PM

I'll send you something later :).

bossman068410
03-26-2009, 12:34 PM
I hope you guys aren't passing

VD

around. :)

ps I do like the site :)

constituent
03-26-2009, 01:00 PM
Are you looking for staff writers or pay per post?

escapinggreatly
03-26-2009, 07:28 PM
Are you looking for staff writers or pay per post?

Well, staff writers in the sense that we have a group of people who consistently post from month to month, but the amount they're paid does depend on their number of posts.

RestoreTheRepublic
03-26-2009, 07:42 PM
I sent you a writing sample, not sure if you are looking for someone with journalist/professional writing experience. About to graduate college but thought it was worth it to send in a sample anyway :)

max
03-26-2009, 09:08 PM
just sent you an e-mail with a sample of my writing.

I authored the original Founding Fathers full page Union Leader ad (which Lepard later ran full page in USA Today as a softer version) and I also wrote The Allegory of the Great Tomato Bubble....both huge hits here at RP forums.

I would be able to post quality commentary regarding history, economics, and philosophy as often as you would like.

cheers

escapinggreatly
03-31-2009, 06:29 PM
Just giving this a friendly bump for anyone who might be interested but didn't get the chance to see it. To everyone who sent an email on over, thanks very much for your interest. We're waiting a few more days before talking with certain applicants about staff positions, because we're going to be posting ads on Craig's List as well.

escapinggreatly
04-01-2009, 06:11 AM
I've gotten a few questions via email, so, yes, we are looking for positions that will be more permanent - you don't have to sign a contract or anything, but if you come aboard, we'll want you to write as long as you want to write. Also, yes, we're looking for people who can mix humor in with politics; nitty-gritty bureaucratic stuff is pretty boring unless you can throw in an Anchorman reference or two.

weslinder
04-01-2009, 06:54 AM
I sent you a link to a blog (http://www.pitchforkandmusket.com/) that I post on, and a few of my posts.

BuddyRey
04-01-2009, 05:10 PM
I've just sent a writing sample via PM. I hope that's okay. I'm on a shared computer right now that has a nasty tendency of retaining my email login when it shouldn't.

Good luck with your site! :)

BuddyRey
04-03-2009, 07:42 PM
Bump for the R3volution!

Kludge
04-03-2009, 07:48 PM
Hahahaha.... Just how "open-minded' of a person do you seek?

BuddyRey
04-06-2009, 04:18 PM
Any updates?

nate895
04-10-2009, 01:12 PM
Bump, when are we going to hear anything back?

Dripping Rain
04-10-2009, 05:17 PM
nice looking site. I recommend A Havnes & max. theyre good writers. I also saw a lot of people saying nice things about aratus. you may want to contact her. shes a good writer

Aratus
04-11-2009, 06:53 AM
my early morning caffinated bump! (tis more than a penny a word?)

Aratus
04-15-2009, 07:45 AM
i had to ask a charles dickens question, i did!