PDA

View Full Version : Digg Needed: Obama says no to Weed Legalization

He Who Pawns
03-26-2009, 10:23 AM
http://digg.com/politics/Obama_Says_NO_to_Weed_Legalization

Let's see his delusional robot supporters explain this.

ClayTrainor
03-26-2009, 10:24 AM
ugh... i thought this was one issue i could actually side with Obama on.

looks like he's pure anti-freedom, through and through :(

TruthisTreason
03-26-2009, 10:27 AM
Dugg.

He Who Pawns
03-26-2009, 10:29 AM
ugh... i thought this was one issue i could actually side with Obama on.

many of us thought wrong.

dannno
03-26-2009, 10:35 AM
Dugg.

Very sad day.

RonPaulFanInGA
03-26-2009, 10:36 AM
One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

hillertexas
03-26-2009, 10:38 AM
dugg

specsaregood
03-26-2009, 10:44 AM
Uhm, he has always said he was against legalization. Did people just not listen to what he was saying?

ClayTrainor
03-26-2009, 10:47 AM
Uhm, he has always said he was against legalization. Did people just not listen to what he was saying?

Perhaps some of his deluded supporters convinced me otherwise?

I tend to turn obama off, when i hear him speak.

He Who Pawns
03-26-2009, 10:48 AM

He doesn't have to tax it at the federal level, just leave the states alone to make drug laws. Obviously his DOJ already said they were going to do just that.

specsaregood
03-26-2009, 10:51 AM
He doesn't have to tax it at the federal level, just leave the states alone to make drug laws. Obviously his DOJ already said they were going to do just that.

Leaving it to the states is a completely different status than "legalizing it", decriminalization is completely different as well.

mczerone
03-26-2009, 10:54 AM
many of us thought wrong.

I said from the beginning that I would be surprised if Obama changed the Federal stance on the War on Drugs. He's all about "change" and "hope" in all the areas where he disagrees with Bush, i.e. in no area whatsoever.

O = W ?

trey4sports
03-26-2009, 11:13 AM
i cant fucking stand comrade Obama

polomertz
03-26-2009, 11:14 AM
Why does Obama laugh at things like this? This isn't a laughing matter. He does that a lot and I don't like it one bit.

He Who Pawns
03-26-2009, 11:16 AM
are we getting buried? i don't know how to see that?

Bruno
03-26-2009, 11:21 AM
are we getting buried? i don't know how to see that?

looks like it. Just like any semi-negative comment about Obama was in this digg

http://digg.com/politics/Obama_I_like_to_know_what_I_m_talking_about_before _I_speak?FC=PRCT0

He Who Pawns
03-26-2009, 11:24 AM
Leaving it to the states is a completely different status than "legalizing it", decriminalization is completely different as well.

well, we're talking about taking these laws off the federal books, whatever you want to call it.

malkusm
03-26-2009, 11:28 AM
My friend was talking to me last night about how great it would be if Obama decriminalized, how much economic sense it would make, showed me a video where he says he would leave it to the states, etc. and was really optimistic.

Needless to say I sent this to him.

ClayTrainor
03-26-2009, 11:32 AM
My friend was talking to me last night about how great it would be if Obama decriminalized, how much economic sense it would make, showed me a video where he says he would leave it to the states, etc. and was really optimistic.

sounds like a conversion in progress :cool:

dannno
03-26-2009, 11:32 AM

Ya so why is this story getting buried??

I don't friggin get it.

malkusm
03-26-2009, 11:34 AM
Ya so why is this story getting buried??

I don't friggin get it.

People don't want to wake up. If they had wanted to, they could have listened to him in the primaries, or do research on his voting record. They'd rather bury their heads in the sand and convince themselves that everything is going to be fine.

tribute_13
03-26-2009, 11:36 AM
Almost every person I know who voted for him, which was almost 90% of the time a zoned out black kid, said the only reason they voted for him was to get weed legalized. Way to go blowing an election.

malkusm
03-26-2009, 11:39 AM
sounds like a conversion in progress :cool:

I'll try to remember to post the thrilling conclusion of this episode. :D

dannno
03-26-2009, 11:49 AM
Almost every person I know who voted for him, which was almost 90% of the time a zoned out black kid, said the only reason they voted for him was to get weed legalized. Way to go blowing an election.

Ya especially when we have this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufekh_SwZd0&eurl=http://www.campaignforliberty.com/

I can't believe America blew it. I mean, they could have had our troops home, sensible drug policy, honest monetary system.. but no.. we need a friggin American Idol watching zombie for our President.

zach
03-26-2009, 11:54 AM
"LOL, potheads wanna get high."

-audience members with Prez

phill4paul
03-26-2009, 11:57 AM
http://digg.com/politics/Obama_Says_NO_to_Weed_Legalization

Let's see his delusional robot supporters explain this.

The Obamalammas are saying that he only promised not to raid dispensaries. The pot heads are heartbroken.:D:D

phill4paul
03-26-2009, 11:59 AM

Do ya got that video link of him saying he would leave it to the states? I sure could use that.

malkusm
03-26-2009, 12:00 PM
Do ya got that video link of him saying he would leave it to the states? I sure could use that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvUziSfMwAw&NR=1

dannno
03-26-2009, 12:01 PM

He was talking about medicinal only..

malkusm
03-26-2009, 12:01 PM
He was talking about medicinal only..

Yeah, which is what I told my friend....he was quite delusional about it, to be honest.

gls
03-26-2009, 12:06 PM
He was lying about the medical marijuana too. The feds raided a dispensary in San Fransico yesterday.

http://www.sacbee.com/state_wire/story/1730601.html

malkusm
03-26-2009, 12:09 PM
He was lying about the medical marijuana too. The feds raided a dispensary in San Fransico yesterday.

http://www.sacbee.com/state_wire/story/1730601.html

More ammo - thanks a lot. My friend will be quite disappointed. :D

hillertexas
03-26-2009, 12:45 PM
The press secretary was just asked about it in the briefing and he restated what Obama said earlier...extending it to include "Obama is against the legalization of marijuana" He was then asked...
"What about medicinal marijuana?"
Gibbs responded "The president doesn't think legalization is good for the country".

That was basically it. A lot of reporters started asking questions about it...."Why did he bring it up?" Everyone was animated. It should be on CSPAN archives later

homah
03-26-2009, 12:53 PM
Gibbs responded "The president doesn't think legalization is good for the country"

I thought he was in favor of state's rights with regard to medical marijuana. Is the press secretary confused or is this a flip flop?

dannno
03-26-2009, 12:57 PM
I thought he was in favor of state's rights with regard to medical marijuana. Is the press secretary confused or is this a flip flop?

flip flop?

More like psy-op...

I don't friggin know anymore. These goons are just acting so unbelievably over such a useful plant with such rich history.

hillertexas
03-26-2009, 12:58 PM

I don't know. It is over now, so it should be up on CSPAN soon...check it out. If I remember correctly, Gibbs sounded fairly certain in the position. Also, he was asked about it again later in the press conference about whether or not the questions about marijuana got so many votes because it is an actual issue to Americans and Gibbs responded with some bullshit about working on treatment and having more inspections on the border to make the "growing or consistent" demand go down. Oh and he said that this is not the first time they have had people vote on questions, and marijuana ones always went up to the top....but he did it in a way that made it seem like it was spammed.

mczerone
03-26-2009, 01:05 PM
I don't know. It is over now, so it should be up on CSPAN soon...check it out. If I remember correctly, Gibbs sounded fairly certain in the position. Also, he was asked about it again later in the press conference about whether or not the questions about marijuana got so many votes because it is an actual issue to Americans and Gibbs responded with some bullshit about working on treatment and having more inspections on the border to make the "growing or consistent" demand go down. Oh and he said that this is not the first time they have had people vote on questions, and marijuana ones always went up to the top....but he did it in a way that made it seem like it was spammed.

Just like the ballot boxes in all the areas that have voted, in his democratic system, to legalize medical uses or decriminalize all uses.

Those stupid "spammers" don't represent "real America" - oh wait that was supposed to be a concept antithetical to an Obama administration.

Danke
03-26-2009, 01:06 PM
So I digg it and then I get "The Digg Crew" email that says some pothead is now my fan....

He Who Pawns
03-26-2009, 01:11 PM
The press secretary was just asked about it in the briefing and he restated what Obama said earlier...extending it to include "Obama is against the legalization of marijuana" He was then asked...
Gibbs responded "The president doesn't think legalization is good for the country".

That was basically it. A lot of reporters started asking questions about it...."Why did he bring it up?" Everyone was animated. It should be on CSPAN archives later

Motherfuckers!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Another digg of the same video made the front page...

http://digg.com/odd_stuff/Obama_opposes_legalizing_marijuana

tsopranos
03-26-2009, 01:12 PM
Already on the front page...

http://digg.com/odd_stuff/Obama_opposes_legalizing_marijuana

Feenix566
03-26-2009, 01:15 PM
Obama and almost all other politicians do what the polls tell them to do. Right now, 40% of Americans are in favor of decriminalizing marijuana, and 48% are against it. When 60% of Americans are in favor of decriminalization, it'll happen.

That means start convincing everyone you know. That's the only way to Change anything.

Dripping Rain
03-26-2009, 01:39 PM
what a liar! he lied that wasnt the question
what a scumbag

UtahApocalypse
03-26-2009, 01:42 PM
reading the digg comments is hilarious. So many people commenting how they thought they chose the person that would legalize and that's the ONLY reason they voted for him. I gladly respond that I blame them for that ass being elected.

Zera
03-26-2009, 03:32 PM
Seems like most Digg users are defending Obama, stating that they already knew he opposed it.

Fucking idiots.

mport1
03-26-2009, 03:32 PM
dugg

Knightskye
03-26-2009, 04:05 PM
I don't know if this guy's serious, but here's a comment:

Get over it, you're not going to save the economy by letting everyone pay to get high. I don't want to be forced to be around pot smoke when I don't want to be.

It also wont help damn near anything else... like education, productivity, safety.

mediahasyou
03-26-2009, 04:20 PM
no surprise.

mczerone
03-26-2009, 04:23 PM
Obama and almost all other politicians do what the polls tell them to do. Right now, 40% of Americans are in favor of decriminalizing marijuana, and 48% are against it. When 60% of Americans are in favor of decriminalization, it'll happen.

That means start convincing everyone you know. That's the only way to Change anything.

Part of the problem here is that people IN CALIFORNIA have already used the system itself to show favor for allowing it; part of federalism was allowing States to try different laws to see what outcomes result for the betterment of all States.

Further, 100% of the people in my house don't have a problem with it, so why is it still illegal for me to do in that location when it doesn't infringe on anyone else's rights?

I agree that we need to get people to influence people in a classic grassroots fashion in order to cause real change in the way our government treats us, and I am sort of thanking Obama for this move. It's going to make it easier for Liberty to spread - and through much of his own former support. Each Loyalist we are able to de-program is a 2-point gain on the lead.

mczerone
03-26-2009, 04:28 PM

He's been listening to liars his whole life. Not one thing he says would actually result.

He Who Pawns
03-26-2009, 04:32 PM

That's probably Robert Gibbs doing some spin control.