PDA

View Full Version : Obama on the interntz live now

angelatc
03-26-2009, 10:02 AM
He is on live now.

His plan for reducing student loan debt is simply to give out more grants. Hurrah!

The money we are spending on health care, energy and education? that's not what's driving our deficit. It's Bush's fault for underfunding medicare! (read - I can spend what I want. Bush is evil.)

He's cutting the deficit in half by the end of his first term. Hurrah!!!

1st q: GM needs help! What are you going to do? (1st ans: I am going to tell you about that later, but they need more money. I need to protect taxpayers from mismanagement. "Everybody has to give a little bit.")

angelatc
03-26-2009, 10:05 AM
2nd q: Federal procurement contract system is broken - bundled contracts aren't fair. Will you fix it?

1st a: Halliburton joke. (It's Bush's fault!) I am looking at this. Probably, but I'll tell you about it later.

angelatc
03-26-2009, 10:09 AM
3rd q: From an RN, came with a herd of nurses. Will you be sure nurses get a fair cut of government money? No, not literally. Can you make sure nurses will be part of the healthcare reform discussions?

3rd ans: Nurses are more important than doctors! Nurses don't make enough money! Nurses work terrible hours! I will fix it!

constituent
03-26-2009, 10:11 AM
link?

angelatc
03-26-2009, 10:12 AM
4th q: Disabled vet, owns a business - selling crap to the government. Served on education platform.

His business is ok, but can interest and bank fees not count as income? (I have no idea what the heck he means.)

4th a: I will help small business, but their tax burden will grow. Capital gains taxes will be eliminated for small businesses if accumulated over 5 years.

angelatc
03-26-2009, 10:12 AM
link?

http://www.whitehouse.gov/OpenForQuestions/

acptulsa
03-26-2009, 10:13 AM
Where's a virtual tomato when you need to throw one?

smithtg
03-26-2009, 10:13 AM
discussion before you connected here

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=185751&page=3

take a look at my survey of 'keywords' on quesitions asked

constituent
03-26-2009, 10:18 AM
http://www.whitehouse.gov/OpenForQuestions/

many thanks

angelatc
3rd q: Teacher about education: Define charter schools? Define effective teachers? Will you have teachers help write those definitions?

3rd a: Teachers are more important than students! Yes, they'll be there! Charter schools are already defined: public schools that experiment with your kids. They willl have to meet requirements of a state-mandated curriculum. (scary!) They become laboratories. (He really said that.) Bad schools should be shut down. (Look out Chicago!)

Measuring teacher performance: no standardized test, because that's not fair! Poor scorers are penalized! The teachers test to the test! (Well, duh.) We are going to let teachers develop teacher review! Bill Gates wants us to use cameras! (cha-ching!)

acptulsa
1st q: GM needs help! What are you going to do? (1st ans: I am going to tell you about that later, but they need more money. I need to protect taxpayers from mismanagement. "Everybody has to give a little bit.")

GM themselves said they're better off in bankruptcy--it will give them more room to perform badly needed restructuring. I guess they waited too long. Part of that badly needed restructuring concerns the unions, after all...

angelatc
03-26-2009, 10:19 AM
I hate this guy sooo much.

constituent
03-26-2009, 10:19 AM
I have to register to ask a question?

So much for the right not to incriminate myself.... hehehe

angelatc
03-26-2009, 10:25 AM
Health care question. (If this guy isn't a plant I'll eat Hemminger's other shoe.) How do you address it?

Ans: My Mother had cancer! She died! She was working as an independent contractor, she had insurance but they gave her a hard time. It wasn't fair! (He is a lawyer, but he didn't help his dying Mom deal with insurance? What a prick!) It isn't fair that insurance costs so much! I have ideas, but I'll tell you about it later. Mandatory insurance is what the companies want.

During the campaign I said no mandates, but I am flip-flopping on that.

angelatc
03-26-2009, 10:26 AM
I have to register to ask a question?

So much for the right not to incriminate myself.... hehehe

Read the TOS - it appears they're probably going to use them for future political purposes.