PDA

View Full Version : Should we all become globalists?

Elwar
03-26-2009, 07:36 AM
Ok, the title is sorta misleading. I don't mean globalist in an empire building Obama/Bush way...

I mean, should we start looking at owning property in other countries in case the SHTF. I see a lot of talk of bugging out and heading for the hills, but that usually means heading for the hills here in the U.S. But that would just delay the inevitable. If it comes down to having to leave your home, then it's more than likely that the federal government is the cause, and even the "hills" are under federal control.

So why not bug out to another country? Maybe pick a freer country like New Zealand or some place with decent property rights where you can buy now and have it available down the road for safe harbor.

This might be my strategy...I had considered buying land in New Hampshire but that would be like moving from Moscow to Saint Petersburg if it comes down to it...you're still in Russia.

Any thoughts on countries that allow foreigners to own property (or at least 100 year lease) where the country is higher on the Freedom Index than the US? (who knows, maybe a no-extradition country might be needed as well).

demolama
03-26-2009, 08:26 AM
Running never solved anything

pcosmar
03-26-2009, 08:32 AM
Where are you going to go that has no UN? There is not a place I know of that won't be affected. :(

Might as well make a stand and resist.

Deborah K
03-26-2009, 08:34 AM
Well, don't try to buy land in Mexico. They only LEASE to foreigners. Many other countries have the same policy.

Edit: sorry I didn't see that you knew that already. I hear Panama is a good place and lots of Americans are moving there. No restrictive gun laws either. If this gov't tries to enact conscription, we are leaving. They are NOT going to get my four eligible children or my two sons in law.

Deborah K
03-26-2009, 08:38 AM
Where are you going to go that has no UN? There is not a place I know of that won't be affected. :(

Might as well make a stand and resist.

I agree. I think they are going to bypass the NAU and go straight for the ultimate goal. Ths global currency talk has me almost convinced of it. We NEED to get the hell out of the UN!

I'll be emailing TV, radio, newspaper, news websites, and congress/senate about this. I'm changing my personal strategy from the NAU to the OWO.

Elwar
03-26-2009, 08:39 AM
Running never solved anything

I'm merely voting with my feet. If I were in Russia under Stalin I'd be looking for a way to America.