PDA

View Full Version : Outreach: EU's Daniel Hannan's Assistant Contacted Me Last Night - Huge Ron Paul Fans!

torchbearer
03-26-2009, 07:19 AM
I not really sure how to start this off... because I'm kinda surprised I received these emails. So let me just post what i've been asked to post.. and then I'll try to answer any questions.

First email:

From: HANNAN Daniel ASSISTANT3 (daniel.hannan(at)europarl.europa.eu )

Dear TorchBearer,

Apologies for emailing just you - I couldnīt find another email on the Ron Paul Forums and, as an active user, I thought you might be a good person to send this through. Could you reply to http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=185550 with this email? To clarify, I am emailing in a personal capacity and not on behalf of Daniel. :)

Daniel did indeed appear on both the shows of Neil Cavuto and then Glenn Beck - on Neil Cavutoīs show he reiterated how he originally wanted Ron Paul to win (which he has, indeed, blogged - but I canīt find the link at the moment.) We will hopefully get the videos up on Danielīs YouTube channel as soon as possible.

Daniel will have more US coverage tomorrow - although sadly itīs not my place to say where, as much as I would like to!

On a personal level, I am a huge Ron Paul fan and had the pleasure of meeting him in the states last Summer. Keep up the fantastic work across the pond. Liberty!

Best wishes,

Mark

I respond:

Mark,
would you like me to post your email on the forum? Do you want me to also show your email address?
What is it that you would like me to do for you? I'm not entirely clear as to what you want me to put in my response in that thread.

To be honest, I hadn't heard of Mr. Hannan before today, but I have quickly become one of his biggest fan.
The problems we face are not unique to our respective countries, but is worldwide.
Just let me know what you need me to do.

I can post your email if that is what you want... i'm not sure exactly what you are asking, but I am willing to help.

Thanks for contacting me.

Brent

And this morning, this is the rest of what he sent me:

Hi Brent,

Many thanks for your reply - as you can probably imagine, we are completely snowed under here. Left the office at 11:30 last night and got in this morning at 8:00! :)

Please could you put the email down as daniel.hannan(at)europarl.europa.eu ? And feel free to copy paste my email and whack it on the forums. My aim was to let you guys know that we were on Glenn Beck / Cavuto, and currently we are being inundated with requests for coverage. I canīt really say more, but Dan will be on Fox later today.

Keep up the fantastic work over there. :)

Best wishes,

Mark

Glenn Beck (Best in my opinion): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_Pa30Sp_sw

Neil Cavuto Part One: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqC6ubGOJxM

Neil Cavuto Part Two: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JKhzUffBCQ

torchbearer
03-26-2009, 07:22 AM
Apparently there is at least one person in their office that is keeping up with Ron Paul Forums.
He is a big fan, and wants to reach out.

hillertexas
03-26-2009, 07:28 AM
wow...the more Daniel could mention Ron Paul in the media the better.

acptulsa
03-26-2009, 07:29 AM
Join up, friend! We have some Irish members now. I'd love nothing better than for this place to become the headquarters for the Irish resistance to the Treaty of Lisbon--that way we can keep up with the battle and lend at least moral support.

Thanks for the good work you're doing. Let's show that ass McCain what a maverick really is!!

Brown Sapper
03-26-2009, 07:30 AM
Daniel is awesome. I'm glad to know that there isn't just people in the United States that realizing what is really going on. I wouldn't feel so bad about the NWO if I knew that it was made up of people like him and Ron Paul. (TY acptulsa)

Jeremy
03-26-2009, 07:30 AM
Interesting that they act like humans and actually use a computer to communicate with average people. No one's like that in government here =o

(except ladyjade of course lol)

acptulsa
03-26-2009, 07:31 AM
I would feel so bad about the NWO if I knew that it was made up of people like him and Ron Paul.

May I suggest you edit a n't into this statement? ;)

ladyjade3
03-26-2009, 07:35 AM
wow...the more Daniel could mention Ron Paul in the media the better.

This isn't about Ron Paul, this is about liberty and sanity. If Daniel keeps talking about that, nice and loud, I'll be happy!

torchbearer
03-26-2009, 07:36 AM
I will be sending him a link to this thread, so if there is anything you'd like Mark or Daniel to know.. just post it in this thread.
If they send me updated info on his tv appearances, I'll pass them along.

hillertexas
03-26-2009, 07:42 AM
This isn't about Ron Paul, this is about liberty and sanity. If Daniel keeps talking about that, nice and loud, I'll be happy!

Right on!

Johnnybags
03-26-2009, 07:45 AM
in the UK, maybe we could fund a trip for Ron to go international. Boy would that cause a stir.

tremendoustie
03-26-2009, 08:01 AM
From what I've seen, Daniel Hannan is awesome, we need more like he.

There are many whose ideas are as good, but I have not seen any who articulate them so well.

torchbearer
03-26-2009, 08:01 AM
in the UK, maybe we could fund a trip for Ron to go international. Boy would that cause a stir.

Do you think such a trip would make a blip on the news radar screen?

Johnnybags
03-26-2009, 08:19 AM

a 25k money bomb to the C4L entitled "RON goes to the UK". Hannan could easily provide the audience and Ron could address the conservatives. They are pretty raucus over there. I'd donate to that. Strike while the Iron is hot. Huge press leverage for a short dollars.

acptulsa
03-26-2009, 08:23 AM

Depends. Is he going to speak out against the Treaty of Lisbon?

He'd be reluctant, but if he announces that he's speaking as a man and not as a Represenative of the U.S. House...

PatriotOne
03-26-2009, 08:28 AM
Forming a global network of our own eh? Sounds great. Has anyone checked to make sure his voting record support the words though? Call me jaded but I have seen too many politicians not walk the talk. I want to believe though :).

Johnnybags
03-26-2009, 08:29 AM
Depends. Is he going to speak out against the Treaty of Lisbon?

He'd be reluctant, but if he announces that he's speaking as a man and not as a Represenative of the U.S. House...

government buying own debt, inflation tax, declining living standards, obtrusive government etc. The UK citizens are primed to hear the message.

MelissaCato
03-26-2009, 09:15 AM

Great idea ... who's in charge of his security and da YouTubes ?

Kinda like a real G Summit !! LOL

Hell, lets just bring them all here ... to Philly !!! LOL

Deborah K
03-26-2009, 09:25 AM
Wow! This is great! I record GB's show and hubby and I watched the interview late last night. We were duly impressed with Daniel Hannan. He was also covered on Lou Dobbs last night. Give em hell, Daniel!

qh4dotcom
03-26-2009, 09:45 AM
And feel free to copy paste my email and whack it on the forums. My aim was to let you guys know that we were on Glenn Beck / Cavuto, and currently we are being inundated with requests for coverage.

next time that anyone posts an email address here please use email(at)domain.com instead of email@domain.com ....no @....otherwise the spambots are going to start clogging up his inbox.

ClayTrainor
03-26-2009, 09:49 AM
I've got a lot of Family in the UK, and every single one of them just got sent Daniel's amazing speech.

:cool:

This man is one of the best spokesmen for liberty that this world has.

qh4dotcom
03-26-2009, 09:49 AM
Wow! This is great! I record GB's show and hubby and I watched the interview late last night. We were duly impressed with Daniel Hannan. He was also covered on Lou Dobbs last night. Give em hell, Daniel!

Daniel is indeed amazing but he loses credibility for supporting Obama

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/daniel_hannan/blog/2009/03/22/i_wont_disown_obama__yet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eqJ8k5cjP8

He is open minded though about supporting Obama so someone needs to talk him out of it...that's what several people leaving comments on his blog have attempted to do.

Bern
03-26-2009, 10:01 AM
Thank you Mr. Hannan. This Texan salutes you.

ClayTrainor
03-26-2009, 10:03 AM
Daniel is indeed amazing but he loses credibility for supporting Obama

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/daniel_hannan/blog/2009/03/22/i_wont_disown_obama__yet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eqJ8k5cjP8

He is open minded though about supporting Obama so someone needs to talk him out of it...that's what several people leaving comments on his blog have attempted to do.

He didn't really support Obama, like you think he did.

Did you watch him talk about it in his Cavuto interview? Ultimately he said he would've voted for Ron Paul if he was given a choice in the US Election.

qh4dotcom
03-26-2009, 10:06 AM
He didn't really support Obama, like you think he did.

Did you watch him talk about it in his Cavuto interview? Ultimately he said he would've voted for Ron Paul if he was given a choice in the US Election.

Sure but he still shouldn't have shown the slightest bit of support for Obama.

Ron Paul supported 3rd party candidates even though they didn't have a chance of winning because it was the right thing to do. Daniel could have done the same.

UK4Paul
03-26-2009, 11:20 AM
Well done Daniel Hannan.

I hadn't heard of him until I saw this YouTube, but after watching it, along with his interviews on Cavuto and Beck, he's got my attention!

His blog is here:
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/Daniel_Hannan

Yes, we in the UK need a simple Constitution (not a 1,000 page treatise) that begins with "We The People" and that defines the clear limits of Government.

trey4sports
03-26-2009, 11:24 AM
Daniel, great job! the world needs more people like you!

Deborah K
03-26-2009, 12:27 PM
Sure but he still shouldn't have shown the slightest bit of support for Obama.

Ron Paul supported 3rd party candidates even though they didn't have a chance of winning because it was the right thing to do. Daniel could have done the same.

Coulda Shoulda Woulda!!! Give the guy a break! You're never going to find perfection!

torchbearer
03-26-2009, 01:04 PM
next time that anyone posts an email address here please use email(at)domain.com instead of email@domain.com ....no @....otherwise the spambots are going to start clogging up his inbox.

thanks, i changed the OP. I forget about the spambots.

torchbearer
03-26-2009, 01:06 PM
Mr. Hannan will be on Hannity's radio show in about 30 minutes.

Bruno
03-26-2009, 01:12 PM
Mr. Hannan will be on Hannity's radio show in about 30 minutes.

Was he not also on Beck earlier today?

Epic
03-26-2009, 01:15 PM
Hannan on Beck radio transcript:

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/196/23233/

says not to socialize health care

Epic
03-26-2009, 01:17 PM
Gosh I'd love to see Hannan slam Hannity on foreign policy (and George Bush support) and put in a plug for Ron Paul

torchbearer
03-26-2009, 01:18 PM
Was he not also on Beck earlier today?

Yeah, but i just got in from my early appointments and i'm about to head back out.
As of right now, I'm not paid to give the updates... so I do them when I can.

There are some other things in the works. I don't want to pull a GHEM, but there is even more going on right now than is out on the table.
Looks like we may be building metaphorical bridges to our brothers across the pond.
I'll update as I can.

Epic
03-26-2009, 01:23 PM
Hannity was just talking about RP... said he wasn't RP's biggest fan (obv.) but that the MIAC document was crazy.

Then he mentioned RP was libertarian and then said "I'm libertarian too".... wow, apparently everyone claims to be libertarian now! You don't even need to believe in small government... just say you are a libertarian!

Hopefully Hannan can put in a RP plug. Torchbearer - if you're in contact with Hannan's staff, try to tell them to plug RP in whatever media he does.

Bruno
03-26-2009, 01:25 PM
lol @ Ghem comment ^^

I'll have to check out the Beck interview later when not at work. Thanks, Epic!

torchbearer
03-26-2009, 01:27 PM
Hannity was just talking about RP... said he wasn't RP's biggest fan (obv.) but that the MIAC document was crazy.

Then he mentioned RP was libertarian and then said "I'm libertarian too".... wow, apparently everyone claims to be libertarian now! You don't even need to believe in small government... just say you are a libertarian!

Hopefully Hannan can put in a RP plug. Torchbearer - if you're in contact with Hannan's staff, try to tell them to plug RP in whatever media he does.

I'll pass along the suggestion- but their office has the link to this thread and they are reading it.

Mahkato
03-26-2009, 01:39 PM

A http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:3Uc4nrxuY447OM:http://letsbefriendsagain.com/images/ron_paul_blimp.jpg on the radar screen? YES!!!

:D:D:D

ladyjade3
03-26-2009, 01:43 PM
The important thing is to talk up the message. Some people's hackles still rise at the mention of RP for some reason, so if this guy can talk the message as a new fresh face, all the better. RP is NOT the message people. Freedom is.

torchbearer
03-26-2009, 01:51 PM
The important thing is to talk up the message. Some people's hackles still rise at the mention of RP for some reason, so if this guy can talk the message as a new fresh face, all the better. RP is NOT the message people. Freedom is.

Amen sista! I'm just happy other people have the courage to stand up and speak the truth.
Hopefully it will spread even further.

Dripping Rain
03-26-2009, 01:52 PM
wow just wow
torch bearer youre the real good news man

torchbearer
03-26-2009, 01:58 PM
wow just wow
torch bearer youre the real good news man

I don't know if I deserve any credit. They chose to contact me because my info was easily available and I am a long time member.
But I do know a lot of people and I am now able to get even more people connected.
That is what we are working on right now.
So it really was just luck...

I'm excited myself that I am able to help in all of this stuff.

Epic
03-26-2009, 02:04 PM

Yeah I agree, but here's the thing - if he doesn't make clear to many of the neocons that he is a Paul supporter (or likewise delve into his support for RP's policies that draw criticism from the neocons - foreign policy, welfare state, end the federal reserve) , he will be misconstrued and will perhaps unknowingly lending credence to the big-government type of conservatism put forward by Bush, McCain, etc.

I just listened to his discussion with Hannity, and it's clear that Hannity is using him. Hannity says, you know McCain thinks this is generational theft, do you agree? And of course, Hannan has to agree and now it looks like Hannan is a McCain fan, when really Hannan wasn't even for McCain because he rejects the big-government conservatism and the foreign adventurism.

Now I want to talk about an incredibly powerful social phenomenon - when someone who has gained credibility with you put forwards a topic or endorses someone (RP) that you have issues with, it causes that person to reconsider their viewpoint on that issue. For instance, Ron Paul gained credibility with me, then when he said he had changed his mind on the death penalty during his career, I reconsidered the issue myself.

Dripping Rain
03-26-2009, 02:08 PM
I don't know if I deserve any credit. They chose to contact me because my info was easily available and I was a long time member.
But I do know a lot of people and I am now able to get even more people connected.

most times you post good news and thats something i personally appreciate. thanks torchy

Dripping Rain
03-26-2009, 02:09 PM
Yeah I agree, but here's the thing - if he doesn't make clear to many of the neocons that he is a Paul supporter (or likewise delve into his support for RP's policies that draw criticism from the neocons - foreign policy, welfare state, end the federal reserve) , he will be misconstrued and will perhaps unknowingly lending credence to the big-government type of conservatism put forward by Bush, McCain, etc.

I just listened to his discussion with Hannity, and it's clear that Hannity is using him. Hannity says, you know McCain thinks this is generational theft, do you agree? And of course, Hannan has to agree and now it looks like Hannan is a McCain fan, when really Hannan wasn't even for McCain because he rejects the big-government conservatism and the foreign adventurism.

Now I want to talk about an incredibly powerful social phenomenon - when someone who has gained credibility with you put forwards a topic or endorses someone (RP) that you have issues with, it causes that person to reconsider their viewpoint on that issue. For instance, Ron Paul gained credibility with me, then when he said he had changed his mind on the death penalty during his career, I reconsidered the issue myself.

+2012
thats what i was saying last night

tremendoustie
03-26-2009, 02:09 PM

+1 to this! It's all about the message, not the man. It is, however, vitally important that he not be co-opted by the neocon message -- the McCain, Bush message. He needs to differentiate himself from this -- supporting RP is one way to do so.

I encourage Mr. Hannan to emphasize how foreign intervention is not wise, and how we need to respect personal liberties as protected in the fourth amendment. These are the remaining sticking points for mainstream republicans -- but we cannot be free when the government has a camera in our face, and we cannot be fiscally responsible while policing the world, or maintaining troops in 70% of all countries.

Also, it's good to mention how the fiscal irresponsibility is a problem on both sides of the aisle -- Bush was just as bad, or almost as bad, and facilitated the outright theft of the people's money by the banks. This is not a partisan problem, this is an out of control government problem.

We need to protect and restore economic, civil, and personal freedom -- but so far, both parties have been undermining them.

ClayTrainor
03-26-2009, 02:11 PM
I don't know if I deserve any credit. They chose to contact me because my info was easily available and I was a long time member.

Yea man... you're living up to your name :cool:

torchbearer
03-26-2009, 02:14 PM
Yea man... you're living up to your name :cool:

Last Night was a weird night.
Talked with an old friend from Jamaica I had lost touch with... keyboard player in Live Wyya. (just out of the blue)
And then, I just got to view the Hannan videos. Loved it. First time seeing the guy.
Then I check my email, and there is a message from one of his staffers.
Felt like a dream.

qh4dotcom
03-26-2009, 02:30 PM
Coulda Shoulda Woulda!!! Give the guy a break! You're never going to find perfection!

Ok, ok, you're right...I don't need the perfect politician...but he'd be more popular if he stopped praising Obama

Carole
03-26-2009, 02:50 PM
Listen to the Cavuto interview again. Hannan was rubbed the wrong way by McCain and I think now he no longer can support Obama. He definitely indicated his preference for Dr. Paul and his Constitutional views.

Carole
03-26-2009, 02:52 PM
Please also listen to Nigel Farage also. He does a great job with the put downs also. :D

Nigel Farage had a good old go too... And according to him, Brown delivered the speech to a virtually empty chamber. Bet that never happened to Blair.
Nigel Farage
Sorry?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDwQEEAZhWM&feature=player_embedded

Ant this thread:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=162211&highlight=nigel+farage

A little humor:
Nigel Farage on who's who in the EU commission
http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en-GB&v=YWSYMpuCFaQ&feature=related

Carole
03-26-2009, 03:01 PM
I loved the Hannan video and watched some others he has on his blog.

It would be wonderful if we could help him become a household name in England, if we could in some way help the people of England see that he is a real leader for them in these bad times.

Wonder why he is not popular in England?

How can we help? :)

Maybe we should look at Nigel Farage also.

If we can grow an international network, get beyod our own borders, maybe we can help some great people achieve some great things with the right people.

Rangeley
03-26-2009, 03:18 PM
Exactly.

GunnyFreedom
03-26-2009, 03:22 PM
b'lody awesome! Whatever we need to do to make an international consortium of personal sovereignty proponents work, COUNT ME IN!!!

MRoCkEd
03-26-2009, 03:22 PM
True, but I would've loved to hear Pawn Hannity's reaction if Mr. Hannan had mentioned Dr. Paul.

Moxxar
03-26-2009, 04:41 PM
As a European (I'm Dutch) and someone who is vehemently opposed to the whole EU project (not the free trade zone mind you :)) this is great stuff!

Thank you mister Hannan for speaking up. Looking at it from my country there is so few resistance against the EU, it is mind boggling. It seems like the entire political elite has simply accepted it and questioning it makes you into a simplistic populist idiot... Eventhough there is an extremely sound intelectual case to be made against it. (the case of liberty)
So thank you mister Hannan for questioning at least some parts of it!

Say Torchbearer, can you send him a message asking him if he's heard of the Ludwig von Mises Institute Europe and especially the Mises Youth club? They operate in Brussels and target MEP's. They organise meetings to discuss books and the subject of liberty. I think he might be very interested in that. It's basically people trying to form a classical liberal think tank or network in Brussels and hoping to connect with MEP's. Several MEP's attend already I believe together with a lot of young liberty enthousiasts. Mister Hannan joining that would be an enormous boost to the freedom movement there. (you have to understand how small it all is here compared to you guys over there in the States...)
I hope you can do this.

/Off topic:
How are you efforts in Louisiana going?

torchbearer
03-26-2009, 05:07 PM
As a European (I'm Dutch) and someone who is vehemently opposed to the whole EU project (not the free trade zone mind you :)) this is great stuff!

Thank you mister Hannan for speaking up. Looking at it from my country there is so few resistance against the EU, it is mind boggling. It seems like the entire political elite has simply accepted it and questioning it makes you into a simplistic populist idiot... Eventhough there is an extremely sound intelectual case to be made against it. (the case of liberty)
So thank you mister Hannan for questioning at least some parts of it!

Say Torchbearer, can you send him a message asking him if he's heard of the Ludwig von Mises Institute Europe and especially the Mises Youth club? They operate in Brussels and target MEP's. They organise meetings to discuss books and the subject of liberty. I think he might be very interested in that. It's basically people trying to form a classical liberal think tank or network in Brussels and hoping to connect with MEP's. Several MEP's attend already I believe together with a lot of young liberty enthousiasts. Mister Hannan joining that would be an enormous boost to the freedom movement there. (you have to understand how small it all is here compared to you guys over there in the States...)
I hope you can do this.

/Off topic:
How are you efforts in Louisiana going?

I'll ask Mark if Mr. Hannan has looked into the Mises Institute yet.
Louisiana is doing ok. Hasn't been much going on lately. There should be a training session in baton rouge soon for activist and the LALP convention will be at the beginning of april.
Economically, Louisiana hasn't been affected that much. I saw a study that showed our Capital- Baton Rouge is in the top 10 cities best suited to weather the recession.
Our government is a bit too socialist for my taste, but it isn't over-bloated either.
We have the most crooked politicians... but somehow that doesn't sap much from our private sectors. Just shaddy deals on the side.

We have a lot of activist who are burnt-out from the last two years. Some are disheartened by the election theft by the LAGOP. Trying to keep morale high.

Join The Paul Side
03-26-2009, 05:08 PM
TorchBearer is the man. :D

Thanks for sharing. :)

vacmil
03-26-2009, 05:23 PM
Under his wikipedia profile picture it says: "The picture above is courtesy of the Mises Youth Club."

torchbearer
03-26-2009, 05:42 PM
Under his wikipedia profile picture it says: "The picture above is courtesy of the Mises Youth Club."

I guess that answers the question.

Zolah
03-26-2009, 05:43 PM

I had noticed that too :)

Yes quite right. I couldn't help but feel excited when it hit me tonight, while looking through news articles discussing Hannan, just how many hundreds of thousands of people were getting what he was saying, and how great it can be if the connection is made to what Hannan is saying to Ron Paul's message - the old warhorses in the necon corner are really seeing that this is where we want the country to go, which is a good thing at least. When the time comes, of course, it will be partially our responsibility to ensure we're not duped by 'George Bush - small government, less intrusion' when we're really getting 'George Bush - vast governmental expansion, nation-building and loss of civil liberties'.

torchbearer
03-26-2009, 07:12 PM
Ok, recieved new email updates.

and the last one:

Hi Brent,

Would you be good enough to link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1bT0RftMM8

on the forums? I would love to hear the reaction from you guys on how you thought it went.

Many thanks,

Mark

Deborah K
03-26-2009, 07:20 PM

and the last one:

Watched it and remarked accordingly. Here and on Utube. It starts.

awake
03-26-2009, 07:22 PM
This guy is with us... brave man. I can not but help think that this was a ' the emperor has no clothes ' moment. We are watching for these brave men, when they step forward we must illuminate them.

torchbearer
03-26-2009, 07:22 PM
Watched it and remarked accordingly. Here and on Utube. It starts.

can you repost your comment in this thread?
they have the link to this thread to check on responses.

jmlfod87
03-26-2009, 07:27 PM
After watching the Channel 4 interview I REALLY started feeling bad for England. With media as biased as that I really see no hope for them. Grant it, our media is pretty bad, but their media is pure propaganda. How can Englishmen who have seen V for Vendetta not see how the host is exactly like the Voice of London in the movie? America might be asleep, but England is in a coma.

ClayTrainor
03-26-2009, 07:29 PM
After watching the Channel 4 interview I REALLY started feeling bad for England. With media as biased as that I really see no hope for them. Grant it, our media is pretty bad, but their media is pure propaganda. How can Englishmen who have seen V for Vendetta not see how the host is exactly like the Voice of London in the movie? America might be asleep, but England is in a coma.

QFT, that was pure propaganda.

AdamT
03-26-2009, 07:41 PM
Wow they're really trying to attack him here LOL. Fools.

Epic
03-26-2009, 07:44 PM
That was an absolute hit piece (spread around internet like a 'virus'). Hannan's comments were fine - it would have been nice if Hannan could have responded directly to some of the criticisms. The criticism about not supporting banking regulation needs to be taken head on with:

"It is not the lack of financial regulation that precipitated this crisis - it is that our entire monetary system has been overregulated. 'Greed' and 'deregulation' are not the culprits - we don't need to regulate businesses with onerous rules to prevent them from making mistakes - in a truly free market, the fear of failure is enough to prevent businesses from making poor decisions, and if businesses insist on making bad decisions, that is their right as long as their is no fraud, and they should go bankrupt. However, in a truly free market, there is no central bank to fix interest rates and mislead entrepreneurs about the demand and supply of savings and disrupt the coordination of production over time. F.A. Hayek won the Nobel Prize in economics for showing how central banks cause the modern boom-bust business cycle due to expansion of the money supply via perpetuation of the fiat money fractional-reserve banking system. In fact, the mere existence of a fractional reserve banking system headed by a central bank ensures a debt-based system where businesses have a great degree of dependence on the volatile financial sector, instead of a sound-money savings-based system where financial institutions cannot pyramid debt with fractional reserves and central bank out-of-thin-air lending. In short, the problem isn't that we have too much freedom - it's was that we aren't free - the monetary system is designed to be coercive and volatile. Voluntary schemes are inherently sustainable - coercive schemes are unsustainable as we have seen. We should learn from history and realize that freedom works."

Austrian Business Cycle Theory really needs to enter the mainstream.

The ESSENTIAL POINT that needs to be made is that this crisis was caused by TOO MUCH GOVERNMENT (i.e. central banks) and not too little government (i.e. freedom)

torchbearer
03-26-2009, 07:46 PM
Stay tuned to this thread, I've recieved some more emails. Just seeing what info I can publish and what I can't.

Deborah K
03-26-2009, 07:52 PM
can you repost your comment in this thread?
they have the link to this thread to check on responses.

Oops sorry, it was another thread but here it is:

Here is my response on that Channel 4 Utube:

If it was a "demented speech from a demented party" then why are you so threatened by it? hmm???
Brown got a well deserved "unfettered tongue lashing".
Now go and lick your wounds, British liberals.

torchbearer
03-26-2009, 07:57 PM
Ok, here is the last email update from tonight.
Disclaimer- this is from Mark, Hannan's assistant. This isn't on behalf of Mr. Hannan or endorsed by him. This is just Mark's thoughts on what has been going on recently.

email just recieved from Mark:

Brent,

This is only my personal take - I must be completely clear I am not speaking on behalf of Dan and only myself. :)

The Channel 4 report was a fraction unkind to Dan, although I think the interview after went fairly well for us. The BBC have covered him briefly three times - once on The Daily Politics (alright), BBC radio 4 (check iaindale.blogspot.com) which was quite good and lastly very very brief mention in a report on This Week (done by same people as Daily Politics) which was simply a mention. Altogether, the little BBC coverage we have received has been quite fair. Apart from that, TV coverage has been sparse (In the UK!). We do not have the same TV news culture as you guys though - we only have two 24hr News stations.

In terms of newspapers, we have done well. Tomorrow, we have big pieces if I am not mistaken in The Daily Mail (most read paper UK), Daily Express (main competitor to DM), Telegraph. I dunno exactly what we are getting in papers until tomorrow. Some googling will turn up articles on websites though.

Originally, we got basically no coverage - Conservative MEP attacks Prime Minister is a īdog bites manī story - who cares? But because of the YouTube video, the Drudge link and the huge MSM coverage in the States, we have started clocking coverage now. Again, gotta stress, this is only my personal, very tired, opinion. Dan wrote an article on what has been happening a moment ago; http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/5056587/For-once-Gordon-Brown-had-to-sit-and-listen.html

Thank you :)

Mark

torchbearer
03-26-2009, 07:57 PM
Also, I found out the Daniel Hannan has a book out: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Plan-Twelve-Months-Renew-Britain/dp/0955979900/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1238119242&sr=8-1

A manifesto of sorts of how Britain can get back on track.

Zolah
03-26-2009, 07:59 PM
At the very least, the media in Britain is left-leaning, channel 4's Jon Snow (grey-haired man in the channel 4 interview video) in particular let his bias towards Obama show heavily during the campaign year, but otherwise this was typical of "political discussion" on British news segments - favoured opinion gets in all the soundbites and the unfavoured opinion is meant to be for decorative purposes only during the discussion. I do think though that Hannan didn't do too bad, certainly the opposite of a cult of personality, and certainly great that the news channels have been giving him airtime (after missing the story for the first day). I also saw the BBC speak about Dan Hannan for maybe 2 minutes, well, when I say the BBC, I mean the socialist from the channel 4 interview spoke about him on the BBC for a couple minutes, with his general waffle and agitating playground antics.

The common theme I've seen in left-wing analysis is that there are 1 or 2 easy targets for political point scoring - Dan needs a short and easily understandable clarification on the subject of deregulation in Iceland. 90% of their criticism has nothing to do with actual substance though, but if all people see/hear when Dan Hannan is mentioned is a card-carrying Fabian Society member's cheap shot then that's all the information they'll take away from it. This also goes back to the deep-rooted bias of British media.

torchbearer
03-26-2009, 08:02 PM
Digg Daniel Hannan's latest article here:

http://digg.com/politics/For_once_Gordon_Brown_had_to_sit_and_listen

torchbearer
03-26-2009, 08:06 PM
At the very least, the media in Britain is left-leaning, channel 4's Jon Snow (grey-haired man in the channel 4 interview video) in particular let his bias towards Obama show heavily during the campaign year, but otherwise this was typical of "political discussion" on British news segments - favoured opinion gets in all the soundbites and the unfavoured opinion is meant to be for decorative purposes only during the discussion. I do think though that Hannan didn't do too bad, certainly the opposite of a cult of personality, and certainly great that the news channels have been giving him airtime (after missing the story for the first day). I also saw the BBC speak about Dan Hannan for maybe 2 minutes, well, when I say the BBC, I mean the socialist from the channel 4 interview spoke about him on the BBC for a couple minutes, with his general waffle and agitating playground antics.

The common theme I've seen in left-wing analysis is that there are 1 or 2 easy targets for political point scoring - Dan needs a short and easily understandable clarification on the subject of deregulation in Iceland. 90% of their criticism has nothing to do with actual substance though, but if all people see/hear when Dan Hannan is mentioned is a card-carrying Fabian Society member's cheap shot then that's all the information they'll take away from it. This also goes back to the deep-rooted bias of British media.

But what happens when the internet starts to expose this bias?
It was the internet that helped me start to understand the bias in our own news.
I think this is what Daniel is talking about in his latest article. The one I just posted.
I just finished reading it.
The internet is the whole reason we are here and somewhat organized. It is how we rallied to fight the MIAC document. Plan our conference calls etc.
The internet is how we created the FPIAC counter-document so easily and quickly.

We are seeing a break-through in the monopoly of information. The matrix is breaking down.

reagle
03-26-2009, 08:27 PM
Thank you Torchbearer. We appreciate your effort.

Time for Change
03-26-2009, 09:17 PM
It is good to see that he understands his responsibility to the people not the power.

Maybe there is hope for politicians...just maybe...

Bern
03-27-2009, 05:53 AM
To be, or not to be: that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them?

Thank you Mr. Hannan for choosing to be.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
03-27-2009, 06:29 AM
They insist on pushing globalism... I say we counter with our own moment of globalism... an international liberty caucus... let's get all of the true liberty lovers from across the globe to stand in unison with each other and support each other. These bastards have no idea how many of us there truly are!

ClayTrainor
03-27-2009, 06:31 AM
They insist on pushing globalism... I say we counter with our own moment of globalism... an international liberty caucus... let's get all of the true liberty lovers from across the globe to stand in unison with each other and support each other. These bastards have no idea how many of us there truly are!

God dam that's a badass idea!

Deborah K
03-27-2009, 07:36 AM
But what happens when the internet starts to expose this bias?
It was the internet that helped me start to understand the bias in our own news.
I think this is what Daniel is talking about in his latest article. The one I just posted.
I just finished reading it.
The internet is the whole reason we are here and somewhat organized. It is how we rallied to fight the MIAC document. Plan our conference calls etc.
The internet is how we created the FPIAC counter-document so easily and quickly.

It is also how we organized our march on Washington! :D (shameless plug)

Deborah K
03-27-2009, 07:37 AM
Originally Posted by jdmyprez_deo_vindice

God dam that's a badass idea!

I second this!

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
03-27-2009, 07:42 AM
well we have the idea... now any ideas on how we could actually pull this off? I figure we would have to make a declaration of basic human rights and the freedom of man and have people register in support of the statement across the globe.

I remember the meet-up maps during the campaign when you could not see see the United States anymore because there were so many pins visible. Perhaps we could do something like that but with a map of the world with the intent being that once the map is filled to a certain level, we hold an international money bomb to organize the first true liberty caucus with each nation sending their voices of liberty to a major city to discuss the plan of action.

Deborah K
03-27-2009, 07:45 AM
well we have the idea... now any ideas on how we could actually pull this off? I figure we would have to make a declaration of basic human rights and the freedom of man and have people register in support of the statement across the globe.

I remember the meet-up maps during the campaign when you could not see see the United States anymore because there were so many pins visible. Perhaps we could do something like that but with a map of the world with the intent being that once the map is filled to a certain level, we hold an international money bomb to organize the first true liberty caucus with each nation sending their voices of liberty to a major city to discuss the plan of action.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice, please start a new thread and let us all brainstorm this.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
03-27-2009, 07:46 AM
jdmyprez_deo_vindice, please start a new thread and let us all brainstorm this.

Will do

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
03-27-2009, 08:04 AM
done

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=185948

reduen
03-27-2009, 08:21 AM
One more Hannan fan here...! Thanks Tourch. :cool:

torchbearer
03-27-2009, 08:24 AM
Mark told me that if they get an invite from Napolitano on freedom watch, that he will do all that he can to make sure it happens.
I'm leaving in a few to get some work done. Anyone want to help me by reaching the Judge and telling him there is an interest here?

georgiaboy
03-27-2009, 08:26 AM
freakin' awesome, TB!! Loving the international appeal to liberty of mankind this thread inspires. Would be great to find similar voices on every continent -- think of Africa, the Middle East, Asia, South America ...

If Dan's man is contacting us through you, I'm hoping they're directly in touch with Ron Paul himself!

reduen
03-27-2009, 08:31 AM
[QUOTE=torchbearer;2042856]Mark told me that if they get an invite from Napolitano on freedom watch, that he will do all that he can to make sure it happens.
I'm leaving in a few to get some work done. Anyone want to help me by reaching the Judge and telling him there is an interest here?[/QUOTE

I’ll be sure to shoot a message to him. (Anyone else..?)

torchbearer
03-27-2009, 08:36 AM
freakin' awesome, TB!! Loving the international appeal to liberty of mankind this thread inspires. Would be great to find similar voices on every continent -- think of Africa, the Middle East, Asia, South America ...

If Dan's man is contacting us through you, I'm hoping they're directly in touch with Ron Paul himself!

I'm not sure if i'm suppose to say anything, but yeah.. they've been in touch in some capacity.

georgiaboy
03-27-2009, 08:48 AM
I've only subscribed to a couple of threads on this forum -- this is one of them.

torchbearer
03-27-2009, 08:50 AM

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2306/2117233726_edf16fef70_o.jpg

Deborah K
03-27-2009, 09:01 AM
Is there a way to access those meet-ups and let them know we're planning an international liberty movement?

reduen
03-27-2009, 09:03 AM
Anyone got another contact for the good Judge, (Napolitano) here is what I have found so far...

http://www.judgenap.com/contact.php

reduen
03-27-2009, 09:04 AM
Is there a way to access those meet-ups and let them know we're planning an international liberty movement?

You know that you guys are on "the list" now don't you? (Oh wait we already were...) :D

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
03-27-2009, 09:05 AM
Anyone got another contact for the good Judge, (Napolitano) here is what I have found so far...

Thanks for the info... I am firing off an e-mail and if need be, some phone calls.

I would love to get him on there on a day when Dr. Paul is a guest!

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
03-27-2009, 09:06 AM
You know that you guys are on "the list" now don't you? (Oh wait we already were...) :D

lol... yeah I was already on the list so no worries... I wound up on the list the day I donated to the campaign I am sure!

Deborah K
03-27-2009, 09:11 AM

List???? What list???? ;):D

TheConstitutionLives
03-27-2009, 11:18 AM

- Exactly

torchbearer
03-27-2009, 01:05 PM
Any updates on Contacting the Judge?

torchbearer
03-27-2009, 04:47 PM
Cameron Hails Hannan’s “Brilliant Response”
http://www.order-order.com/2009/03/cameron-hails-hannans-brilliant-response/

In an email tonight to supporters Dave hails

Dan Hannan’s brilliant response to Gordon Brown in the European Parliament. It was so effective and shows the growing power of the internet over TV.

Meanwhile Sir Michael White is getting a lashing from his own readers on the Guardian website for, well, just not getting it. Douglas Carswell is taking the opportunity on his blog to remind Sir Michael that he recently mocked Carswell for saying YouTube was going to be politically important. On the other hand Guido has to give full credit to John Prescott, who clearly does get it:

I must say I find the internet sensation caused by Dan Hannan’s speech to the European Parliament remarkable. Normally, an obscure Eurosceptic Tory MEP would not get any coverage for a rant against the Prime Minister in the mainstream media. And it proved to be the case. None of the networks or the newspapers originally covered it. But once he uploaded it onto YouTube it took off. Firstly it got up to 30,000 hits after being promoted by Guido Fawkes on his website. Then it exploded in the US once it was put on the Drudge Report site. The mainstream media were then forced to cover it and it has now been seen by more than a million people. I think this is a perfect example of the power shift away from the mainstream media to the internet. Instead of having to get past the editorial filter of journalists and editors, people are starting to set the news agenda and the hacks are having to catch up.

All the left-wing think-tanks and pressure groups have been having seminars and meetings on how to harness the internet “after Obama”. Maybe they should have looked to Ron Paul instead, he had a clear libertarian political message that he articulated via the internet. The internet insurgency shook up the Republican party during the U.S. primaries when Ron Paul, then a little known anti-War Republican running for President, shocked the U.S. political establishment by raising over $4 million online - in one day.

Not for nothing was his campaign song “Google Ron Paul”. Hannan’s first choice for U.S. president was the libertarian Republican, not surprising considering Hannan and Carswell are two of the most libertarian leaning Conservative politicians. If you read their book “The Plan“, you will see they both get the internet and the effect it will have on politics. Right now some 1 1/4 million people have “Googled Dan Hannan”…

Deborah K
03-27-2009, 04:54 PM
Brent, can you let Mark know, in your next correspondence with him, that Daniel has inspired an International Liberty movement? And that we are in the planning stages of writing the mission statement and getting the web site up?

torchbearer
03-27-2009, 04:56 PM
Brent, can you let Mark know, in your next correspondence with him, that Daniel has inspired an International Liberty movement? And that we are in the planning stages of writing the mission statement and getting the web site up?

Sure will, he also reads this thread and often emails the response to such questions before I even get to ask.
So one way or another, he will know.

I'm anxious to see how this comes along.
Do you think this is similar to Freedom Force International?

Flash
03-27-2009, 05:28 PM
Daniel Hannan is awesome.

Deborah K
03-27-2009, 05:34 PM
Sure will, he also reads this thread and often emails the response to such questions before I even get to ask.
So one way or another, he will know.

I'm anxious to see how this comes along.
Do you think this is similar to Freedom Force International?

I think it will be different in that Ed's org. focuses on education whereas we, at least I think, will be inviting like minded politicians from around the world and their supporters to join us in applying pressure on our respective countries to withdraw and even dismantle the UN, for example. And setting up alternative currencies in the event of collapse; and organizing events around stuff like this.

At least I hope this is the direction we'll be going in. In my mind, if the world's currencies end up on the brink of collapse, we will end up with the UN, the BIS, and IMF taking us ALL over.

tremendoustie
03-27-2009, 05:58 PM

and the last one:

It was a total hit piece. I didn't understand what he meant when he said the US media was a breath of fresh air, but now I do.

The line pointing out that people did not ask to have their money stolen from them and then loaned back at interest was excellent.

As far as the icelandic issue, perhaps Mr. Hannan also suggested that Bank of England policy be more restrained? If he did, no doubt it can be noted that the Icelandic crisis was mainly due to the irresponsible fiscal policies of the Icelandic Central Bank, and that Mr Hannan suggested England deregulate, not that it provide reams of cheap credit.

Deregulation only works when there is a policy of allowing banks to fail, the banks are uninsured, and the central bank is not irresponsibly manipulating the credit markets. That is, the banks need to have a limited supply of credit, and they need to know that they are playing on their own dime, not the taxpayers -- they need to be fully aware that they are risking their own necks when making risky loans.

If Mr Hannan pushed for any of these reforms, as well as deregulation, it can be noted that his advice would have helped save England from the crisis -- as the real source of the problem was indeed the engorged credit markets.

FunkBuddha
03-27-2009, 06:24 PM

Use this. I've used it before to contact him and he replied within minutes. He actually replied during a commercial break for his radio show.

purplechoe
03-27-2009, 06:25 PM
Daniel Hannan Newsnight 2009-03-27

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xk4S9YSsMI

raiha
03-27-2009, 08:28 PM
This is great. I saw him last weekend being interviewed and i nearly gave myself whiplash by jerking my head up suddenly at the trumpeting of truth in such an uncompromising, no nonesense way. I had no idea who he supported and didn't even think to find out. I just thought to myself. "Prime minister material. Get thee to Whitehall and don't budge!"

Yaaay...so cool that you've been contacted Brent. This is what i would call a breakthrough in the movement. This man is young and a real head turner. He's got the 'x' factor!!!:cool::)

Carole
03-27-2009, 08:29 PM
Love it.

So how do we help keep Daniel Hannan in the public eye and advance his new popularity.

We need for our friends across the pond to know that we love what Mr. Hannan says and love that he stands for liberty.

What is our next move? Has his speech been dugg?

How do we counteract Mr. Michael White of the Guardian and show how wrong he is about Mr. Hannan?

Could this not be our entree to promote the cause of liberty internationally?

torchbearer
03-27-2009, 08:31 PM
Love it.

So how do we help keep Daniel Hannan in the public eye and advance his new popularity.

We need for our friends across the pond to know that we love what Mr. Hannan says and love that he stands for liberty.

What is our next move? Has his speech been dugg?

How do we counteract Mr. Michael White of the Guardian and show how wrong he is about Mr. Hannan?

check all my threads. you will find some diggs.
Help us by contacting judge napolitano to get him on freedom watch.
subscribe to this thread, keep up with the updates.

torchbearer
03-27-2009, 08:31 PM
This is great. I saw him last weekend being interviewed and i nearly gave myself whiplash by jerking my head up suddenly at the trumpeting of truth in such an uncompromising, no nonesense way. I had no idea who he supported and didn't even think to find out. I just thought to myself. "Prime minister material. Get thee to Whitehall and don't budge!"

Yaaay...so cool that you've been contacted Brent. This is what i would call a breakthrough in the movement. This man is young and a real head turner. He's got the 'x' factor!!!:cool::)

If we are fighting this fight... we might as well do it worldwide.

Carole
03-27-2009, 08:40 PM
Precisely. :D:D:D

Bruno
03-27-2009, 08:43 PM
I think it will be different in that Ed's org. focuses on education whereas we, at least I think, will be inviting like minded politicians from around the world and their supporters to join us in applying pressure on our respective countries to withdraw and even dismantle the UN, for example. And setting up alternative currencies in the event of collapse; and organizing events around stuff like this.

At least I hope this is the direction we'll be going in. In my mind, if the world's currencies end up on the brink of collapse, we will end up with the UN, the BIS, and IMF taking us ALL over.

This is encouraging and exciting news! :D

Zolah
03-27-2009, 10:14 PM
Thanks for helping keep us all updated torchbearer :)

torchbearer
03-28-2009, 10:35 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,510835,00.html

New story on Hannan.

ClayTrainor
03-28-2009, 10:52 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,510835,00.html

New story on Hannan.

Thanks man!

Carole
03-28-2009, 11:42 AM
Thank you. I really like Daniel Hannan... and Nigel Farage.

awake
03-28-2009, 12:26 PM
We need a Global Liberty Summit...

ClayTrainor
03-28-2009, 12:30 PM
We need a Global Liberty Summit...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2

awake
03-28-2009, 12:37 PM
lol.. oh ya , here....

ClayTrainor
03-28-2009, 12:41 PM
lol.. oh ya , here....

:confused:

awake
03-28-2009, 01:25 PM
Here, as these forums... we have a pretty wide audience here already... Your link took me to the main forum listing and It came to me that this forum is in a way global any way...

purplechoe
03-28-2009, 05:07 PM
(Part 1/2) Conservative MEP Daniel Hannan's Radio Interview With Sean Hannity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNKBv4ZjPBo

(Part 2/2) Conservative MEP Daniel Hannan's Radio Interview With Sean Hannity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9dZnxjbsqk

virolai
03-29-2009, 02:06 PM
Hannan is a "maverick" in Conservative Party. Unfortunately David Cameron is political mainstream on issues like global warming, stimulus plans, bailouts, central banking, IMF, global institutions... Some weeks ago he even said that conservatism should reconsider its faith on free market. Very disappointing. But that is how most proEU centre-right parties think. UK conservative party was the exception up to a point.

I bet David "Obama" Cameron will fail

torchbearer
03-30-2009, 01:38 PM
new interview up here: http://voxday.blogspot.com/2009/03/interview-with-daniel-hannan.html

also, Mr. Hannan was on Morning Joe, but I missed it.

Deborah K
03-30-2009, 01:42 PM
Brent, can you ask Mark to give you a list of liberty minded politicians in the E.U. and elsewhere if he knows of any? Thanks.

torchbearer
03-30-2009, 02:06 PM
Brent, can you ask Mark to give you a list of liberty minded politicians in the E.U. and elsewhere if he knows of any? Thanks.

Ok, I just sent him an email. Let you know what I find out.
Keep an eye on this thread.

Deborah K
03-30-2009, 02:20 PM
K, thanks. And please watch the International Liberty Caucus thread too, okay? It's a think-tank right now.

torchbearer
03-30-2009, 02:29 PM
K, thanks. And please watch the International Liberty Caucus thread too, okay? It's a think-tank right now.

can you post the link on this thread so Mark can see it when he reads this thread?

Deborah K
03-30-2009, 02:39 PM
Yeppers..... http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=185948

purplechoe
03-30-2009, 09:32 PM
also, Mr. Hannan was on Morning Joe, but I missed it.

Daniel Hannan MEP on Morning Joe, 30/03/09

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU3t2c92UK8

FrankRep
03-30-2009, 09:57 PM
He's catching on, I'm telling ya!

parke
03-31-2009, 01:05 AM
Apparently there is at least one person in their office that is keeping up with Ron Paul Forums.
He is a big fan, and wants to reach out.

Holy effin crap mate. Ill bloody well support that bloke.

Truth to POWER!!!

:eek::eek::eek:

parke
03-31-2009, 01:32 AM
and then he says on Cavuto that he would have voted for..... RON PAUL!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JKhzUffBCQ&feature=channel

ramallamamama
03-31-2009, 02:45 AM
I emailed Jones asking him to invite Daniel for an interview.

georgiaboy
05-06-2009, 11:11 AM
bump. any more word from our friend Daniel or his peeps?