PeacePlan
03-25-2009, 11:12 PM
ATTENTION:

ASA RECEIVED CONFIRMATION OF A DEA RAID GOING ON RIGHT NOW AT EMMALYN'S
MEDICAL CANNABIS DISPENSARY AT
1597 HOWARD STREET IN SAN FRANCISCO

WE NEED ALL ACTIVISTS AND SUPPORTERS TO GET DOWN TO EMMALYN'S
IMMEDIATELY TO PROTEST THIS FIRST DEA RAID SINCE STATEMENTS FROM OBAMA'S
WHITE HOUSE AND THE U.S. ATTORNEY GENERAL SAID THEY WOULD END.
THIS IS AN URGENT REQUEST FOR ACTIVIST PRESENCE.

--
George Pappas
Field Coordinator
Americans for Safe Access
http://AmericansForSafeAccess.org (http://americansforsafeaccess.org/)

Americans for Safe Access (ASA) is the largest national member-based organization of patients, medical professionals, scientists and concerned citizens promoting safe and legal access to cannabis for therapeutic use and research.

Join us today... http://AmericansforSafeAccess.org (http://americansforsafeaccess.org/)

1322 Webster St Suite 402
Oakland, CA 94612
P: 510-251-1856 ext. 321 F: 510-251-2036

The DEA still hasn’t come out of the dispensary. They brought in a sledgehammer and a crowbar, so it look like this is yet another no-arrest “smash and grab.” In other words, a robbery.

All the local media is here.

From what I understand, this dispensary was operating in compliance with state law.

http://goldismoney.info/forums/showthread.php?t=361905

Working Poor
03-25-2009, 11:25 PM
I wish I could help

He Who Pawns
03-25-2009, 11:38 PM
They should go down there with guns, bullet proof vests and a copy of the 10th Amendment. Why aren't state police blocking the DEA's illegal actions, by the way?

torchbearer
03-25-2009, 11:48 PM
Obama is such a fucking liar.
Either he lied about calling off the DEA or he doesn't have control over the DEA.
and since he is the president.. he has control over the DEA. SO i guess he just lied.
AGAIN.
I hate that fuck so much.

phill4paul
03-26-2009, 12:33 AM
I know a few Obamalamas that are gonna have to eat crow and STFU.

TruckinMike
03-26-2009, 06:19 AM
Where is the Sheriff?

pcosmar
03-26-2009, 07:04 AM
Where is the Sheriff?

That was my thought, Have the sheriff arrest them.
Or get a new Sheriff that will.

acptulsa
03-26-2009, 07:24 AM
That was my thought, Have the sheriff arrest them.
Or get a new Sheriff that will.

+1=3+

He Who Pawns
03-26-2009, 08:21 AM
I think it's about time these federal thugs were met with very serious resistance.

mczerone
03-26-2009, 09:48 AM
Either he lied about calling off the DEA or he doesn't have control over the DEA.
and since he is the president.. he has control over the DEA. SO i guess he just lied.
AGAIN.

I know a few Obamalamas that are gonna have to eat crow and STFU.

I don't have anything to add.

hillertexas
03-26-2009, 09:49 AM
Obama just said on CSPAN that he is against legalization....oh and that it wouldn't help the economy...oh and he laughed like it is all some joke

StudentForPaul08
03-26-2009, 09:49 AM
AGAIN.

+1776

:mad:

He Who Pawns
03-26-2009, 09:51 AM
Obama just said on CSPAN that he is against legalization....

FAIL. :mad:

mczerone
03-26-2009, 09:52 AM
Obama just said on CSPAN that he is against legalization....oh and that it wouldn't help the economy...oh and he laughed like it is all some joke

link?

I sure wish he would have mentioned this during the primary season...

hillertexas
03-26-2009, 09:56 AM
It was on his town hall meeting happening right now. It is streaming live on whitehouse.gov and it is playing on CSPAN...maybe it will be in the archives. Regardless...it is now officially on video where he stands on the issue.

Once obtained.....it would be great to compare his campaign rhetoric to what he just said in a Youtube video....I think a lot of people thought he would end the War on Drugs. Not so much.

He Who Pawns
03-26-2009, 09:57 AM
Well what did he say about federal DEA raids in states that have legalized medical weed?

hillertexas
03-26-2009, 09:58 AM
Well what did he say about federal DEA raids in states that have legalized medical weed?

He said nothing on that today.

dannno
03-26-2009, 10:00 AM

He said the DEA raids on medical dispensaries and patients would stop in states that have legalized medicinal use. He said they would stop "NOW" which was several weeks ago.

hillertexas
03-26-2009, 10:05 AM
http://www.seattlepi.com/national/1151ap_obama_marijuana.html

Obama opposes legalizing marijuana
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama had some fun with at least one question at his online town hall, saying he doesn't think legalizing marijuana is a good strategy for turning around the economy.

Obama told the audience Thursday that one of the most popular questions was whether legalization of the illicit drug would help pull the nation out of the recession. The president jokingly said: "I don't know what this says about the online audience."

In a serious response, he said he didn't think that was a good economic policy.

hillertexas
03-26-2009, 10:07 AM
http://cbs5.com/local/medical.marijuana.raid.2.968019.html

Mar 26, 2009 12:35 am US/Pacific

Drug Agents Raid SF Medical Marijuana Clinic
Reporting
Joe Vazquez

DEA agents raided Emmalyn's California Cannabis Clinic on Howard Street in San Francisco on Wednesday.

One week after President Barack Obama's top law enforcement official seemed to indicate the feds would no longer raid pot clubs, DEA agents busted a medical marijuana facility in San Francisco Wednesday night.

As agents carried large plastic containers of marijuana plants out of Emmalyn's California Cannabis Clinic at 1597 Howard Street, a small crowd of protesters formed a gauntlet outside the door, booing the agents and chanting, "our medicine is marijuana … listen to Obama!"

DEA spokeswoman Casey McEnry told CBS 5 the documents regarding the raid are sealed, so the DEA was not able to give any details.

"Based on our investigation we believe there are not only violations of federal law, but state law as well," said DEA Special Agent in Charge Anthony D. Williams in a written statement.

Emmalyn's has a provisional permit from the city, according to Eileen Shields, spokesperson for the San Francisco Department of Public Health, which she said is an indication the club is in good standing with city laws.

Brendan Hallanin, the pot club's attorney, said Emmalyn's is in compliance with state and local laws.

"They are well-respected and have a good reputation in the medical marijuana community," said Hallanin, who added the business has never been raided in its five year existence.

Hallanin said the DEA would not tell him why the club was being busted.

"They're going to have a huge fight on their hands if they're arbitrarily busting clubs that are in compliance with state and local laws," said Hallanin.

Kris Hermes, spokesperson for Americans for Safe Access, a national advocacy group for medical marijuana issues, wants the attorney general to explain the DEA's actions.

"We're shocked that after the Attorney General has made repeated statements that raids on California medical cannibis dispensaries would be suspended that we are seeing a continuation of that policy," said Hermes.

He Who Pawns
03-26-2009, 10:11 AM
He said the DEA raids on medical dispensaries and patients would stop in states that have legalized medicinal use. He said they would stop "NOW" which was several weeks ago.

What is the White House saying today about this raid yesterday?

dannno
03-26-2009, 10:19 AM
What is the White House saying today about this raid yesterday?

Nothing.

But according to this article:

http://cbs5.com/local/medical.marijuana.raid.2.968019.html

The DEA said that they were violating state law.. but they won't say why or how.. and everybody else says the club is in good standing.

If they are right then technically they are following what Obama said, but we'll have to see.

What I really don't want to see is the DEA start to set these clubs up for failure by sending in agents with fake doctor's recs or trying to buy through the back door or something..So, they happen to find ONE bad employee in the place and the whole club gets shut down because the agent makes him an offer he can't refuse..I have a strong feeling that is how they are going to focus their energies. So they're still wasting Federal Resources on this issue.

UtahApocalypse
03-26-2009, 11:02 AM
Nothing.

But according to this article:

The DEA said that they were violating state law.. but they won't say why or how.. and everybody else says the club is in good standing.

If they are right then technically they are following what Obama said, but we'll have to see.

What I really don't want to see is the DEA start to set these clubs up for failure by sending in agents with fake doctor's recs or trying to buy through the back door or something..So, they happen to find ONE bad employee in the place and the whole club gets shut down because the agent makes him an offer he can't refuse..I have a strong feeling that is how they are going to focus their energies. So they're still wasting Federal Resources on this issue.

Why is a Federal agency enforcing STATE law??
Thats a BS copout. If it was a problem with state law the would have had local authorities deal with it. At least now everyone will see the new tactic.

MortaLiberty
03-26-2009, 11:14 AM
"I don't know what that says about the people on the internet."

I think it says that they are alot more logical than you on this issue. The smug smirks on the clueless drones in the background bothered me as much as George Bush's smirk.

dannno
03-26-2009, 11:16 AM
Wow, check it out..

http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_12000899

Emmalyn's had been providing free marijuana to the poor on Wednesdays.

No wonder they took em out. This is all part of Obama's attack on charity :rolleyes:

dannno
03-26-2009, 11:18 AM
Thats a BS copout. If it was a problem with state law the would have had local authorities deal with it. At least now everyone will see the new tactic.

Yep.

However, even if that's DEA's gameplan (which wouldn’t surprise me at all), I doubt it could withstand scrutiny. The salient question of why DEA is usurping the responsibilities of state law-enforcement won't escape notice and press coverage of these events grows increasingly competent as the issue continues to boil.

http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle_blog/2009/mar/26/uh_oh_medical_marijuana_raid_in_

Dary
03-26-2009, 12:53 PM
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2009/03/26/fashion/26washington-600.jpg

homah
03-26-2009, 12:54 PM
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2009/03/26/fashion/26washington-600.jpg

I can't believe he stole that kid's beer.

mczerone
03-26-2009, 01:00 PM

The Raich decision was only held valid because of the Necessary and Proper extension of the Commerce Clause - The Feds can act on Federal Law in contradiction with State law when there is a foreseeable effect on interstate trade. That is all the justification the DEA would ever need.

Why would they claim a violation of State law (which they have no authority to enforce), when they have Supreme Court recognized authority to act (pretty much at will) under the Controlled Substances Act?

Screw it. Time to roll over and let the military appendage "execute" the laws of the land, specifically whatever 'laws' they feel like executing.

All Hail Dear Leader*

* - But please ignore what 'you think' he may have said in the past

pinkmandy
03-26-2009, 02:11 PM
I sure wish he would have mentioned this during the primary season...

He didn't have to mention it because his people heard what they wanted to hear. Blinded by a demagogue. He'd say something then I'd see supporters swearing 'that's not what he meant'. :rolleyes:

dannno
03-26-2009, 02:27 PM
He didn't have to mention it because his people heard what they wanted to hear. Blinded by a demagogue. He'd say something then I'd see supporters swearing 'that's not what he meant'. :rolleyes:

Same here.

dannno
03-26-2009, 04:10 PM
bump

Smoke the Liberty Tree
03-26-2009, 04:13 PM
They should go down there with guns, bullet proof vests and a copy of the 10th Amendment. Why aren't state police blocking the DEA's illegal actions, by the way?

Because the DEA are doing the job they want to do but know they can't get away with. DEA as of right now can get away with it because of "Transition confusions." ;)

I just moved back to missouri from sacramento and i have admit that the medical cannabis system is wrought with problems. The doctors work for the cannabis clubs essentially, and there is llittle to no checks and balances. i am all for full legalization but there needs to be an effect system put into place like the tabacoo and alcohol industries. The medical system they have set up is a step in the right direction but also a step backwards due to the criminal influences. There are some good friendly co-ops but mostly it is run by gangs and cartels.

He Who Pawns
03-26-2009, 04:37 PM
Because the DEA are doing the job they want to do but know they can't get away with. DEA as of right now can get away with it because of "Transition confusions." ;)

I just moved back to missouri from sacramento and i have admit that the medical cannabis system is wrought with problems. The doctors work for the cannabis clubs essentially, and there is llittle to no checks and balances. i am all for full legalization but there needs to be an effect system put into place like the tabacoo and alcohol industries. The medical system they have set up is a step in the right direction but also a step backwards due to the criminal influences. There are some good friendly co-ops but mostly it is run by gangs and cartels.

Well maybe if the feds weren't raiding them every week the state could set a legitimate system that weeds out the thugs and hooligans?

dannno
03-26-2009, 04:51 PM
Well maybe if the feds weren't raiding them every week the state could set a legitimate system that weeds out the thugs and hooligans?

My city council has already set a whole slew of regulations for dispensaries. This was back when we had 12 (more cannabis dispensaries than starbucks!!)

Unfortunately, they made it more difficult to open a dispensary and then the DEA came in and pressured property owners to kick out the dispensaries under threat of seizing the property. Most caved in, 2 or 3 stayed open with delivery services and then a few opened up within the next few months.. So there are a few around here, which is fine, but I guess the point is that our local community was taking care of the problems (there was ONE dispensary that had problems with neighbors complaining, a couple complaints were legitimate but they were also in a neighborhood full of whiners..) So that club was shut down and everybody else was Kosher until the DEA came in.

powerofreason
03-26-2009, 04:52 PM
Wait just a minute here! Are you telling me the government stole something? This changes everything!

pcosmar
03-26-2009, 04:54 PM
thugs and hooligans ?
gangs and cartels ?
Distributors and Growers Association

All depends on the SPIN don't it?

Join The Paul Side
03-26-2009, 05:11 PM
AGAIN.

Actually it was the Attorney General Eric Holder that said he would call off the raids on the marijuana dispensories. He's a liar too. But you're right, the buck stops with Comrade Obama.

daviddee
03-26-2009, 08:13 PM
///