PDA

View Full Version : Barney Frank Cosponsored an "Audit the Fed Bill" in the past

brandon
03-25-2009, 08:00 PM
Okay, the title is somewhat misleading. Frank did not cosponsor Paul's bill that's currently in committee. Keep reading though....

In 1993 the Chairman of the House Banking Committee was not Barney Frank. It was a democrat named Henry Gonzalez.

Mr. Gonzales was worried about the level of secrecy the Fed enjoyed. He was so worried in fact, that he proposed legislation to audit the fed. The legislation would have required full independent audits of the Fed's operations; videotaping the meetings of the Fed's policy-making committee; and releasing detailed minutes of the policy meetings within a week.

Barney Frank Cosponsored this bill, and said "if you take the principles that people are talking about nowadays," such as "reforming government and opening up government—the Fed violates it more than any other branch of government."

Why then has Mr. Frank not cosponsored Dr. Paul's bill? Has he changed his opinion about the fed?

(Side note: Ultimately President Clinton rejected this bill saying "The fed needs complete secrecy in order to assure investors have confidence in the system" (I paraphrased this))

DamianTV
03-25-2009, 08:12 PM
Then Barney Frank is a moron. The Fed isnt a part of the government. It owns the governmnet. The idea of getting the government to audit the fucker is good tho.

Dripping Rain
03-25-2009, 08:17 PM
i hope this Bill passes the house and the Senate and that it gains publicity and Obama then vetoes it
this way Obama sheep may actually wake up

ItsTime
03-25-2009, 08:20 PM
Big Bed said today he wont even give the names of the banks that loaned money from the fed. We need to get this bill passed to take away all credibility Obama has left. He is no better than bush.

Dripping Rain
03-25-2009, 08:22 PM
Big Bed said today he wont even give the names of the banks that loaned money from the fed. We need to get this bill passed to take away all credibility Obama has left. He is no better than bush.

as long as he vetoes it. This time is different than good ol billys time. theres an economic crisis and people are angry at the banks. now if Obama sides with the banks this will be a great victory for us and it will expose him for the obama drones
baaaa baaaaaa

fj45lvr
03-25-2009, 10:53 PM
Why???

Because of the photographs they have of him......it's so elementary (not to mention other "corruption" dirt they dug up....

It's like shooting fish in a barrel to control these Congress people!!!

s35wf
03-25-2009, 11:13 PM
[QUOTE=fj45lvr;2039987]Why???

It's like shooting fish in a barrel to control these Congress people!!![/QUOTE

LOL im glad i wasnt drinking anything when i read that :D

s35wf
03-25-2009, 11:15 PM
[QUOTE=s35wf;2040019][QUOTE=fj45lvr;2039987]Why???

It's like shooting fish in a barrel to control these Congress people!!![/QUOTE

LOL im glad i wasnt drinking anything when i read that :D

torchbearer
03-25-2009, 11:50 PM
misleading thread titles is against forum guidelines. please keep the titles honest.

brandon
03-25-2009, 11:55 PM
misleading thread titles is against forum guidelines. please keep the titles honest.

It is completely honest. Did you even read the post?

torchbearer
03-25-2009, 11:57 PM
It is completely honest. Did you even read the post?

Frank did not cosponsor Paul's bill that's currently in committee.

brandon
03-26-2009, 09:16 AM

And does the title say he did?