PDA

View Full Version : My interpretation of the Statue of Liberty

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
03-25-2009, 12:36 PM
When the early Puritan people sailed across the ocean, they did so believing that they were the actual woman fleeing persecution in the book of Revelation. In great faith, they floated above what was perceived at the time to be a bottomless pit populated with sea monsters.
In my interpretation of the Statue of Liberty (it is a work of art, after all), the monument represents this New World woman prostituted by the Old. For this reason, she divorced herself from the corrupt tyranny which persecuated her. Her blindness represents the tresspassing homeless whose only hope is to walk in faith.
Once again, America isn't in the old world business of sitting pimps on the throne. No, to be more precise, she only accepts the pimping and whoring (capitalism) as a necessary evil with the understanding that it is the nature from where we all came. But we shouldn't confuse the nature from where we all came with that of the New World that we desire to acheive. In this New World, it was declared as self-evidently true and unalienably a natural right that we are all born equal men with a business agenda -- male and female.
So, as Americans, we shouldn't just consider the outward business of sitting the great pimp upon the throne; but, we should also consider the inward business of how the pitiful whore might go about getting herself off the street.

ewizacft
03-25-2009, 01:44 PM
I could do without the statue of Liberty.

Xenophage
03-25-2009, 02:06 PM
Sweet. My interpretation is as follows: the blindness means that justice is blind - meaning everyone should be treated equally by the law (and she's the law!). The book means she's a horny librarian, and she'll basically do anybody anytime because she's just and fair. The torch, obviously, means she has herpes as a result. The rags are indicative that she lives in poverty, probably because she spends all her money on a coke habit. The crown is a symbol of her delusions of vanity.

Amirite?

1000-points-of-fright
03-25-2009, 02:08 PM
Since when is the Statue of Liberty meant to be blind? What rags?

Xenophage
03-25-2009, 02:09 PM
Dude, she wears a blindfold.

Oh wait! Maybe that means she's kinky!

Xenophage
03-25-2009, 02:10 PM
Actually I'm wrong she doesn't wear a blindfold. She has her eyes closed.

1000-points-of-fright
03-25-2009, 02:12 PM
Lady Justice is blindfolded. Different broad.

Statue of Liberty's eyes are open. You can see the iris and pupils.

Xenophage
03-25-2009, 02:13 PM
Where did I get blindfold from? Something has a blindfold and it symbolizes blind justice.

Xenophage
03-25-2009, 02:14 PM

Thanks. I fail twice. I saw this picture:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Statue_of_Liberty_copper_construction_circa_1 880.jpg

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
03-25-2009, 02:21 PM
I could do without the statue of Liberty.

That will never happen so let's use her to elaborate on that which is self evidently true and unalienably important as a natural right.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
03-25-2009, 02:23 PM

But the tresspassing whore on the street is blind in that every step she takes to better herself will have to be done in darkness.