PDA

View Full Version : It's The Signs And Banners

Rick Williams
09-17-2007, 12:01 PM
Everyone-- it's the signs and banners that are making the difference. So many people new to Ron Paul have told me they saw our signs; they decided to explore; and they joined with us because they learned the truth. The number one; #1; numero uno; thing we can ALL DO is pick up a sign and walk the street handing out slim jims. WE'RE REACHING PEOPLE WITH THE SIGNS. So get one-- and walk. Alone, or in groups, it doesn't matter which. Any time, day or night. One person with a sign on a busy street corner is HUGE. Ten people on ten street corners is better still. And 1000 people on 1000 corners is a movement that can't be denied or stifled by the MSM. Dress in nice clothes. Smile at people. Be polite. Hold the sign high. THEY'LL NOTICE YOU, EVEN IF THEY DON'T SPEAK. People are shy, so don't get discouraged. And besides, what could be more fun than carrying a sign for Ron Paul?

hard@work
09-17-2007, 12:03 PM
I've had a bunch of people talk to me just for having a bumper sticker.

:)

jonahtrainer
09-17-2007, 12:27 PM
I've had a bunch of people talk to me just for having a bumper sticker.

:)

I was at an Ask Mitt Anything (I went inside and clandestinely handed out RP stuff while all my buddies were outside with Ron Paul signs).

Mitt said 'Every car with a bumper sticker is worth 7 votes.' I am not sure how correct his consultants are but I bet he has the numbers worked out pretty well.

Anyway, we promptly went home and put 3 bumper stickers on each of our FourRunners. I am sure part of it is herd instinct. When Ron Paul polls at 1% and people see lots of Ron Paul stickers around they will be more inclined to join the Ron Paul herd.

constituent
09-17-2007, 12:30 PM
the other day, i was having tense moments in traffic and someone was honking at me all crazy and i was thinking to myself *wtf?*

then they passed me all crazy and were waiving, and had RP stickers on their bumper too!

my wife and i have done the same thing w/ others a few times... once on the way back from the Birthday BBQ on 59... that's how
i got the idea for one of my commercials.

jonahtrainer
09-17-2007, 12:31 PM
the other day, i was having tense moments in traffic and someone was honking at me all crazy and i was thinking to myself *wtf?*

then they passed me all crazy and were waiving, and had RP stickers on their bumper too!

my wife and i have done the same thing w/ others a few times... once on the way back from the Birthday BBQ on 59... that's how
i got the idea for one of my commercials.

We honk and get honked at also. Sounds like Mexico here!

tekkierich
09-17-2007, 12:44 PM
Sign waving in Annapolis MD yesterday scored an interesting sight. Former governor and Giuliani supporter Bob Ehrlich was clearly seen driving past our signs. We know he saw us. We waved to no response ;-).

Interesting that many of the sign wavers in Annapolis voted for him twice!

ItsTime
09-17-2007, 01:10 PM
At the sign wave yesterday at the straw poll, some "punk" looking girls waked by and asked who is Ron Paul, we handed them a flier, and they were really into his ideas. "Who this guy is cool" They said they were going to check him out more.

When you wave the signs, or drive around make sure you have fliers with you to back up those signs and stickers!

Syren123
09-17-2007, 01:12 PM
Punk rockers for Ron Paul. Awesome!

quickmike
09-17-2007, 01:13 PM
I was at an Ask Mitt Anything (I went inside and clandestinely handed out RP stuff while all my buddies were outside with Ron Paul signs).

Mitt said 'Every car with a bumper sticker is worth 7 votes.' I am not sure how correct his consultants are but I bet he has the numbers worked out pretty well.

Anyway, we promptly went home and put 3 bumper stickers on each of our FourRunners. I am sure part of it is herd instinct. When Ron Paul polls at 1% and people see lots of Ron Paul stickers around they will be more inclined to join the Ron Paul herd.

so if I put 2000 bumper stickers on each of my work vans.......... lets see..... 3 vans, 3x2000=6000.........6000x7=42,000 votes

Hell, thats a little over half the town!!!!!!

ItsTime
09-17-2007, 01:17 PM
Punk rockers for Ron Paul. Awesome!

There is a real movement in the punk/metal/rock circles on backing Ron Paul. I do suggest if anyone has those types of bars near you hand out fliers there. You will get a warmer welcome than you would think!

quickmike
09-17-2007, 01:19 PM
At the sign wave yesterday at the straw poll, some "punk" looking girls waked by and asked who is Ron Paul, we handed them a flier, and they were really into his ideas. "Who this guy is cool" They said they were going to check him out more.

When you wave the signs, or drive around make sure you have fliers with you to back up those signs and stickers!

Thats the important thing because someone who doesnt use the internet seeing a bumper sticker is about as useful as a submarine with a screen door.

They see it and say "hmmm , I wonder who Ron Paul is........... some local guy running for president maybe? ok, well whatever." and go about their day without ever giving it a second thought.

This is especially true with the 50+ crowd who rarely use the PC for anything more than sending jokes by email to their friends and playing solitaire.
The baby boomer generation is the largest block of people in america by far, and without their vote, we cant win. This is important.

DJ RP
09-17-2007, 02:54 PM
Signs everywhere cannot be ignored and they do give name recognition.

If there are enough signs and enough people seen around supportning RP then to those not in the know curiousity WILL get the better of them and they'll want to know who he is.

sylvania
09-17-2007, 03:24 PM
I agree, bring the flyers.

I wasn't even aware that there was a different politcally active Ron Paul in Portland until I went to a meetup activity to stump for Dr. Ron Paul. I was in the middle of a spiel to someone and halfway through the conversation, the woman said, "OH!!!! I thought you were talking about Ron Paul - you know, the guy here, the caterer."

This Ron Paul: www.ronpaul.com

I had to laugh when I got home. It gave me a chuckle. Now Portland has to overcome that, too.:)

uncloned21
09-17-2007, 03:29 PM
This is especially true with the 50+ crowd who rarely use the PC for anything more than sending jokes by email to their friends and playing solitaire.

i lol'ed

I work with a 50+ and he's sitting there plying solitaire now.

...and he printed an email joke and handed it to me this morning

jblosser
09-17-2007, 03:33 PM
http://photos3.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/d/8/5/a/event_1975386.jpeg

BarryDonegan
09-17-2007, 03:58 PM
yeah the punk community is leaking into paul's campaign. many bands we tour with and stuff are down with this type of thing.

its a split between unthinking democrats and anti-govt types. the unthinking democrats think they are also anti-govt types. haha. i'm actually just a long time libertarian, but ive had at least 30 or so kids come up to me and ask me to attend civil disobedience rallies against the fed, or some sort of ron paul even when on tour.

lots of bands spieling about it between songs.

punk bands supporting ron paul is the new fuck george bush.

katao
09-17-2007, 04:00 PM
i lol'ed

I work with a 50+ and he's sitting there plying solitaire now.

...and he printed an email joke and handed it to me this morning

LOL Maybe we need to start chain email jokes that end up mentioning RP?

cujothekitten
09-17-2007, 04:06 PM
I've heard quite a few people mention signs on other forums as well. One person was saying his school was plastered with them and the sidewalks chalked.

RevolutionSD
09-17-2007, 04:40 PM
"people are shy"

I 2nd that.

I wear my Ron Paul shirts ALL THE TIME here in CA, and NOBODY ever comments on them! Even some friends have not said a word when I wear my "Who is this man..." t-shirt!
I didn't expect a ton of comments but I would think once in a while someone might ask.

Freeway blogging however does prompt many reactions. I suppose it's because people feel comfortable in their car speeding by at 70 MPH!

Lord Xar
09-17-2007, 05:14 PM
http://photos3.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/d/8/5/a/event_1975386.jpeg

That would be awesome if you got a shot of you doing an arial out of a pool, with the ronpaul sticket on the bottom.