PDA

View Full Version : Ban Iran's President from UN : 'O8 Republican Romney

ghemminger
09-17-2007, 11:17 AM
http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5jH6au7cajkMzc_QE-6Qiru4QIlRA

WASHINGTON (AFP) — US Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney said Monday Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad should be banned from the UN General Assembly next week and indicted for genocide.

The former Massachusetts governor called on United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-moon to revoke Ahmadinejad's invitation to the assembly and warned Washington should reconsider support for the world body if he did not.

"I call on the United Nations to revoke any invitation to President Ahmadinejad to address the General Assembly," Romney wrote.

"If President Ahmadinejad sets foot in the United States, he should be handed an indictment under the Genocide Convention," Romney wrote in the letter.

"The United States and the world must take a strong stand against the terrorist Iranian regime and the time for action is now."

MSM Articles 300+

Brasil Branco
09-17-2007, 11:19 AM
Genocide? You have to be kidding me.

Santana28
09-17-2007, 11:26 AM
did anyone read the plea for peace from Iran's President released a few days ago? Pretty transparent - said bluntly "Iran does not want to harm anyone." i'll try and dig it up.

It also said that Iran wasn't in fear of an attack by the west because the west had been trying to drum up support from other arab nations to go against Iran, and that it had failed in doing so.

Mordechai Vanunu
09-17-2007, 11:28 AM
With the exception of Ron Paul, Ahmadenijad could beat any Presidential candidate in a fairly moderated debate. That is the sad state of politics we live in right now.

cjhowe
09-17-2007, 11:33 AM
Nice of Romney to invite himself to the UN. Khalilzad can take the day off now.

ghemminger
09-17-2007, 11:35 AM
Romney is such a Genious - I am so glad that AP covers ever statement that comes from his campaign,

Smart and goodlooking - wow!

Starks
09-17-2007, 12:25 PM
I can't understand why that Mormon bastard would be offended by Iran trying a stab at diplomacy.

Ron Paul Fan
09-17-2007, 12:27 PM
Romney is such a Genious - I am so glad that AP covers ever statement that comes from his campaign,

You spelled genius wrong. LOL! Anyway, Romney is a tool. God forbid we try and work with Iran to achieve peace. And they call Ron Paul an isolationist! We can achieve much more in peace than we can ever achieve in these needless, unconsitutional, undeclared wars!

jonahtrainer
09-17-2007, 12:30 PM

Whether we like it or not the President is the 'sole organ' for Foreign Affairs. Romney is waaaaaay outside his jurisdiction here.

Chester Copperpot
09-17-2007, 12:32 PM
Romney still thinks the way to win the GOP nom. is with a doubling of GITMO

Johnnybags
09-17-2007, 12:34 PM
Whether we like it or not the President is the 'sole organ' for Foreign Affairs. Romney is waaaaaay outside his jurisdiction here.
is the key? He will stick his finger in the air and see which way the political wind is blowing. I think he is gonna be under Paul in the NH Primary. Not sure Ron can win but I think the Romney campaign is done.

Original_Intent
09-17-2007, 12:37 PM
Genocide? Has he killed more than the hundreds of thousands that Bush has?

4Horsemen
09-17-2007, 12:44 PM
We should ban ourselves from the U.N. :)

Starks
09-17-2007, 12:47 PM

I think that's a bit extreme. We should remove ourselves from the security council, not remove our primary method of international diplomacy.

derdy
09-17-2007, 12:48 PM
Ban Romney from the US :D

fluoridatedbrainsoup
09-17-2007, 12:57 PM
With the exception of Ron Paul, Ahmadenijad could beat any Presidential candidate in a fairly moderated debate. That is the sad state of politics we live in right now.
This is true, watch him speak on youtube. He keeps it real with the people. An enemy of the "free" world that doesn't toe the line.

ItsTime
09-17-2007, 01:01 PM
Is the Rep base that hardcore for more war?

Like my brother said "How do we expect to beat the Iranian army when we cant even stop the small insurgents that they are funding?"

Are the American people this ignorant? Maybe I am that out of touch. I know all polls say that the avg American does not want more war and wants out of Iraq. How can these asses beat the war drum and expect to win?

RON PAUL IS THE ONLY REPUBLICAN THAT CAN BEAT CLINTON!

JMann
09-17-2007, 01:03 PM

Agreed, let the Iranian dude go if he wants but he shouldn't have the pleasure of meeting anyone from the US.

Starks
09-17-2007, 01:09 PM
We don't need to leave the UN... Just the security council.