PDA

View Full Version : [VIDEO] Michelle Bachmann pushes Geithner and Bernanke too!

purplechoe
03-24-2009, 03:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9DgMG-_6Ls

Take a look at Geithners face when she asks him what authority under the constitution he has to do what he's doing at the treasury.

Miss Bachmann, you have a new fan!

NYgs23
03-24-2009, 04:06 PM
Don't get too cozy with her. She's a big Religious Right culture warrior. Still, I liked her technique in grilling them back and forth. I think I actually heard Ben's voice quaking. I actually thought it was preferable to Ron Paul technique of taking up most of the time elaborating on his position, so Bernanke just answers at the very end. Ron should ask the tough questions and let them tie themselves into knots.

Rangeley
03-24-2009, 04:09 PM
Don't get too cozy with her. She's a big Religious Right culture warrior. Still, I liked her technique in grilling them back and forth. I think I actually heard Ben's voice quaking. I actually thought it was preferable to Ron Paul technique of taking up most of the time elaborating on his position, so Bernanke just answers at the very end. Ron should ask the tough questions and let them tie themselves into knots.
Yeah, I agree with that.

Epic
03-24-2009, 04:11 PM

I wouldn't be too worried about the culture warrior stuff - her not funding stem cells, not expanding gov. control and licensing of marriage, and being pro-life are roughly in the same ballpark as the principled constitutional stances on those positions.

The war stance is her biggest drawback I believe.

cthulhufan
03-24-2009, 04:19 PM
It's good to see other representatives asking these questions regardless of whether or not I agree with their political ideology 100%.

Thanks for posting this.

On a side note, Barney Frank makes me want to vomit every time I hear him talk.

phill4paul
03-24-2009, 04:27 PM
F*ck Barney Frank. I wanted to hear an answer to her last question.

The One
03-24-2009, 04:33 PM
Interesting that they both categorically renounced the United States moving toward a global currency.:confused:

MsDoodahs
03-24-2009, 04:35 PM
Damn I hate Barney Frank.

He Who Pawns
03-24-2009, 04:38 PM
This lady is a dodo bird. She humiliated herself on Hardball last year.

But at least she had some good questions here. Bernanke's nonsensical answer about needing privacy for the overnight loans is the biggest load of BS ever. Dr Paul is going to unmask that guy.

He Who Pawns
03-24-2009, 04:38 PM
Interesting that they both categorically renounced the United States moving toward a global currency.:confused:

Well sure, because then they could no longer print up trillions of dollars and get away with it.

The One
03-24-2009, 04:40 PM
Somebody should do Barney Frank a favor and shove a dick in his mouth.

The One
03-24-2009, 04:42 PM
Well sure, because then they could no longer print up trillions of dollars and get away with it.

No, they could just print up trillions of ameros or earthos or whatever the hell the new currency will be.

MRoCkEd
03-24-2009, 04:44 PM
The way he talks it sounds like he's already got one in there.

nate895
03-24-2009, 04:48 PM

You understand he is gay, right? He does have dicks shoved up his mouth.

No offense to gay people, just Barney Frank.

The One
03-24-2009, 04:50 PM
You understand he is gay, right? He does have dicks shoved up his mouth.

No offense to gay people, just Barney Frank.

That's why I said it would be doing him a favor. It would also be doing the rest of us a favor, as it would shut him the fuck up......at least for a little while.

nate895
03-24-2009, 04:52 PM
That's why I said it would be doing him a favor. It would also be doing the rest of us a favor, as it would shut him the fuck up......at least for a little while.

And give us a disturbing image. Off to the bathroom to hack my guts out...

Cowlesy
03-24-2009, 05:05 PM
Bwarny Fwank weally waid down the waw wif hur.

purplechoe
03-24-2009, 05:16 PM
Bwarny Fwank weally waid down the waw wif hur.

http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/mly0748l.jpg

Rangeley
03-24-2009, 05:21 PM
Bachmann also signed on as a cosponsor for HR 1207.

Jeremy
03-24-2009, 05:36 PM
This is so good it's painful to watch.

Feenix566
03-24-2009, 05:39 PM
Thanx for posting that :)

purplechoe
03-24-2009, 09:12 PM
bump :)

dr. hfn
03-24-2009, 09:34 PM
Die Federal Reserve! You evil corrupt piece of crap!!!

FrankRep
03-24-2009, 09:49 PM
This lady is a dodo bird. She humiliated herself on Hardball last year.
I didn't see the video. What did she do?

qwerty
03-25-2009, 12:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9dgmg-_6ls

take a look at geithners face when she asks him what authority under the constitution he has to do what he's doing at the treasury.

Miss bachmann, you have a new fan!

awesome!

purplechoe
03-25-2009, 01:07 AM
Bachmann: "Mr. Geithner, what provision in the constitution could you point to get authority for the actions that have been taken by the treasury since the March of '08"

Geithner: http://www.bizzyblog.com/wp-images/GeithnerIdunnoLOL0109.jpg

damania
03-25-2009, 03:57 AM
They didn't have proper authority to takeover AIG but tookover 80% of it anyways?

damania
03-25-2009, 04:02 AM
Barney Frank's extra-congressional activities:

http://stuckon-stupid.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/grabassfrank.jpg

purplechoe
03-25-2009, 04:37 AM
Barney Frank's extra-congressional activities:

http://stuckon-stupid.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/grabassfrank.jpg

Is that one of the executives from Freddy and Fennie? :rolleyes::mad:

purplechoe
03-25-2009, 04:38 AM
They didn't have proper authority to takeover AIG but tookover 80% of it anyways?

That's what TARP was all about, buy you get the idea.

homah
03-25-2009, 06:54 AM
Couldn't Bernanke theoretically have said "The Constitution doesn't apply to us because we're a private corporation, not the government"?

Feenix566
03-25-2009, 06:57 AM
Couldn't Bernanke theoretically have said "The Constitution doesn't apply to us because we're a private corporation, not the government"?

That definitely would have made headlines.

Malakai0
03-25-2009, 10:43 AM
It's good to see other representatives asking these questions regardless of whether or not I agree with their political ideology 100%.

Thanks for posting this.

On a side note, Barney Frank makes me want to vomit every time I hear him talk.

Yes, he is one of the main voices of our downfall so to speak. Can't stand it. Pelosi and Hillary, same boat! Their voices make me cringe =)

Join The Paul Side
03-25-2009, 11:07 AM
I'm, not a big fan of Bachmann, but I appreciate the hard candy questions to these bloodsuckers.

She put them on the spot, she asked multiple questions, and you could tell they were uncomfortable answering them.

I would have liked an answer to her last question. Faggit Frank to the rescue of Turbo Tim at the end. :(

newbitech
03-25-2009, 11:15 AM
Did you all hear what the Treasury Secretary of the United States said? Listen closely at 3:08

Because of the absence of authority, your government was faced with no good options.

How do you take this comment? The question was, why wasn't AIG placed into receivership rather than conservatorship.

There is precedent for states to put Insurance companies in receivership. Basically the question boils down to, why did the FED in conjuction with the Executive branch overstep the constitution, the state of conn (where aig is incorportated), and its own authority to bail out AIG.

The question was a trap question, because if you listen to the answer, the Sec of Tres says that they didn't have the authority so they did the next best thing, which was to leverage the illegal Fed Reserve. There is a huge scandal brewing that goes to the top here.

And WTF does Turbo Timmy mean "YOUR GOVERNMENT"? Freudian Slip?