PDA

View Full Version : Fox - Fred Thompson: Going Nowhere Fast

ghemminger
09-17-2007, 11:10 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296882,00.html

Now that Thompson has finally declared his candidacy, albeit on the Jay Leno show, many are pinning their hopes on him as a later-day Ronald Reagan.

But he’s no Ronald Reagan and he’s never going to be viable. Here’s why:

He’s A Political Light Weight and He’s Not Ready For The National Stage

In his first week of campaigning, Thompson has shown that he has neither the substance nor the experience that is essential for a serious presidential candidate. One wonders what makes him — and his supporters — think that he is, in any way, up to the job.

He skipped the New Hampshire debate last week and he’s passing on a candidate forum in Fort Lauderdale next week. But given his air-headed performances in public so far, he ought to stay away. Far away. Maybe after a few more years of briefings, he might be ready — but, he’s definitely not presidential material right now.

In several recent public appearances, he’s shown his complete lack of understanding about critical policy issues. For example, he apparently had no idea about the issues of importance to conservatives surrounding the Terri Schiavo case about termination of life support, following a 15 year coma......

...........Perhaps the most puzzling thing that Thompson said last week concerned Al Qaeda. According to Fred, one of the big reasons that Iraqi citizens supported the U.S. is because they were upset about an Al Qaeda ban on smoking. Unfortunately, this is not a joke. And, in discussing Usama bin Laden, Thompson seemed more concerned about due process for the terrorist murderer than anything else.

This man is out of touch. And, he’s not what he pretends to be.............

300+ MSM Articles

Ridiculous
09-17-2007, 11:15 AM
Someone needs to get on camera asking Fred, "If you don't get elected will all of your supporter's money go to your son again?"

"[Fred's] PAC had about a quarter of a million dollars available when he decided not to run for another term in the Senate. Since 2002, the PAC has been almost totally dormant. It raised almost no more money and gave out $70,000 to other political candidates. The balance, $170,000 went to Daniel. The PAC had no office, no phone, no fax, and almost no activity. But Thompson used it to pay his son, a total abuse of campaign funding."

If anyone can get Fred's media appearance list, we should flood the email of the hosts some real hardball questions for him.

Johnnybags
09-17-2007, 11:20 AM
or he looks foolish, yet blind followers are saying. I am for Fred, there are morons everywhere. Pt Barnum was wrong, there is a sucker born every second, not minute in America.

Zydeco
09-17-2007, 11:38 AM
It's fascinating to compare the real energy and enthusiasm behind Ron Paul's campaign with the completely phony "excitement" Fred was supposedly generating by sitting out during the summer.

He has 178 meetup members. Last week he had 173. The week before he had 168. There is no interest in this candidate. Tactically, I only hope he stays in long enough to make his propped-up replacement, whoever that turns out to be, later to the ball.

ghemminger
09-17-2007, 11:40 AM
I love the idiot receptions he is getting on you tube - it's like please let me kiss you ass - or something just wierd - like he's playing off 100% hollywood appeal which I don't see much.

quickmike
09-17-2007, 11:49 AM
Yeah, I also like the statement some young guys that worked for his campaign said on Fox news about a month ago.

They said "Yeah, weve pretty much got the internet sewn up" HAHAHAH WTF???

As if internet support is something you just go out and take, or buy like a pair of shoes.

LOL ............ these guys.

saku39
09-17-2007, 12:06 PM
Thanks Fred.

Help split up that McCain, Romney and Giuliani support. Drain their supporters of possible primary voters and money from campaign donations.

Your every second in this race only helps us and the real candidate, Ron Paul.

After you're done, your wife can take over whatever is left of the organization you're currently running into the ground and you can go back to Law and Order, acting like a real person instead of being one.

Thank you, thank you. :)

markpa
09-17-2007, 12:11 PM
Wow! that was an amazing article. I had no idea of the problems surrounding him. I like this part of the story:

Terrorism

As noted above, Thompson and his law firm worked to help keep Libyian terrorists from standing trial for killing all of the passengers on Pan Am flight 103. In the aftermath of 9/11 and on its sixth anniversary, Thompson will have difficulty with his past work.:eek:

JPFromTally
09-17-2007, 12:13 PM
Sounds just like Bush... he should fit right in.