PDA

View Full Version : What is law?

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
03-24-2009, 11:17 AM
When a judge says that he or she is the law, what they are claiming is that they are the interpretation of it. This is so because further interpretation may over turn their opinion.
When a police officer says he or she is the law, what they are claiming is that they enforce policy. While many laws are enforceable, many are not.
When lawyers say they are the law, they claim to be the most powerful. By and large, lawyers make the laws as law makers. While most often it will be a lawyer sitting in as the judge in a trial, it will be lawyers sitting in as the defense attornies and the prosecuting attornies.
When corporations say they are the law, their claim will be based on the power of money. The power of money in the United States has grown out of control to the point that it has corrupted our governments with its lobbying.
But none of these laws are real in power. The real power is in the self-evident and unalienable natural law in The Declaration of Independence:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Truth Warrior
03-24-2009, 11:20 AM
I sure wish you'd make the small investment in a dictionary? :rolleyes: :D It would save us BOTH a lot of time.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/law (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/law)

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
03-24-2009, 11:38 AM
I sure wish you'd make the small investment in a dictionary? :rolleyes: :D It would save us BOTH a lot of time.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/law (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/law)

As Plato claimed correctly, the Form is the real truth and power hidden behind an illusion created by the more informal animations of it with the real truth being that which is self-evident and unalienable in the conscience of our souls and the informal animations of it being the corrupt tyranny deceiving us in our minds. Our Founding-Fathers established a formal-culture similarly through the use of natural law.
Once again, to understand how being an American is different from being part of all the other minor cultures in the world, this is a narrow portal we must travel through.

Truth Warrior
03-24-2009, 11:41 AM
As Plato claimed correctly, the Form is the real truth and power hidden behind an illusion created by the more informal animations of it with the real truth being that which is self-evident and unalienable in the conscience of our souls and the informal animations of it being the corrupt tyranny deceiving us in our minds. Our Founding-Fathers established a formal-culture similarly through the use of natural law.
Once again, to understand how being an American is different from being part of all the other minor cultures in the world, this is a narrow portal we must travel through. Hunh, now where have I never seen that before? :D Is there a thesis statement in there?

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
03-24-2009, 12:19 PM
Hunh, now where have I never seen that before? :D Is there a thesis statement in there?

The shadows aren't real. They appear real to us real because we won't turn our heads to see how unseen forces are using animated puppets to deceive us. To understand how shadows on the cave aren't a real substance, a person with courage (Socrates) needed to forcefully drag us (Plato) out of our inferior cultures to show us a greater one. Once outside the darkness of our caves, we will see the light by how it originates best principled from the sun.

Truth Warrior
03-24-2009, 12:26 PM
The shadows aren't real. They appear real to us real because we won't turn our heads to see how unseen forces are using animated puppets to deceive us. To understand how shadows on the cave aren't a real substance, a person with courage (Socrates) needed to forcefully drag us (Plato) out of our inferior cultures to show us a greater one. Once outside the darkness of our caves, we will see the light by how it originates best principled from the sun. The "Allegory of the Cave". < YAWN! > :rolleyes:

Mitt Romneys sideburns
03-24-2009, 12:41 PM
What is law? Baby dont hurt me.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
03-25-2009, 02:23 AM
The "Allegory of the Cave". < YAWN! > :rolleyes:

Right. You are greater than Plato. Typical.

Truth Warrior
03-25-2009, 04:48 AM
Right. You are greater than Plato. Typical. I was yawning at you, not Plato. Go ahead, it's OK, you can like Plato more than me. I really don't mind, at all. ;) I'm alive, Plato is dead. I win. Get over it. :D

( Pssst: I like T J more than you. ;) )

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
03-25-2009, 11:58 AM
I was yawning at you, not Plato. Go ahead, it's OK, you can like Plato more than me. I really don't mind, at all. ;) I'm alive, Plato is dead. I win. Get over it. :D

( Pssst: I like T J more than you. ;) )

It wasn't Plato's intentions to poison us with a lot of his works. His main intention was to make sure that we understood how the dialectics worked. The main point in the allegory of the cave was to both demonstrate Socrates's inductive teaching method and his own "best principled statements" derived from his "Theory of the Forms" which offered a way of speeding up his teacher's long process.

Example:
Socrates: What are clothes, Plato?
Plato: Clothes can be the formal attire of a suit and tie and the informal attire of undergarments and pajamas, Socrates.

While Socrates's "dialectic" truth engine most often took a whole dialogue to arrive at the desired conclusion, Plato's "Theory of the Forms" helped quicken the process.

Truth Warrior
03-25-2009, 02:55 PM
It wasn't Plato's intentions to poison us with a lot of his works. His main intention was to make sure that we understood how the dialectics worked. The main point in the allegory of the cave was to both demonstrate Socrates's inductive teaching method and his own "best principled statements" derived from his "Theory of the Forms" which offered a way of speeding up his teacher's long process.

Example:
Socrates: What are clothes, Plato?
Plato: Clothes can be the formal attire of a suit and tie and the informal attire of undergarments and pajamas, Socrates.

While Socrates's "dialectic" truth engine most often took a whole dialogue to arrive at the desired conclusion, Plato's "Theory of the Forms" helped quicken the process. I "get" the Cave, about 50 years ago. :rolleyes:

:cool: it. :p

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
03-25-2009, 04:46 PM
I "get" the Cave, about 50 years ago. :rolleyes:

:cool: it. :p

You are trying to take something formally meaningful and make it sound informal in significance. Yet, Plato is the bud who isolated that a formal conclusion is enhanced by informal bits of lessor important raw data.

Truth Warrior
03-25-2009, 04:53 PM
You are trying to take something formally meaningful and make it sound informal in significance. Yet, Plato is the bud who isolated that a formal conclusion is enhanced by informal bits of lessor important raw data.

"Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

You obviously have no idea of what I am doing. :(

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
03-25-2009, 05:17 PM
"Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

You obviously have no idea of what I am doing. :(

I do understand your routine and it belongs in Europe. Please, take a long vacation back to the mother land.

Truth Warrior
03-25-2009, 05:21 PM
I do understand your routine and it belongs in Europe. Please, take a long vacation back to the mother land. I may even visit your GOD Plato's birthplace. :p :rolleyes: