PDA

View Full Version : Spinning our wheels

Sematary
09-17-2007, 11:02 AM
While I haven't had the opportunity to attend one of Amanda's training sessions yet, I am truthfully looking forward to getting the training because this campaign has moved past the stage where winning online polls or digging articles really matters all that much any longer. The campaign is bigger than that. With the primaries quickly approaching it is time for all of us to take it to the next level and I am very much looking forward to doing that. I don't agree with everything she says. For instance, a Philly meetup member got the impression from her that perhaps going out and putting flyers, etc... on peoples cars, or canvassing, only nets perhaps a 2% return. Well, you know what - if collectively, we are hitting 100,000 or more people a day - I'll take it. Beyond that - DIGG, FACEBOOK, etc... have probably been about maxed out as far being able to garner new voters. Likewise, internet polls mean absolutely nothing, imo, at this moment. What DOES matter, is learning how to get the primary votes of undecided voters, learning how to become a delegate and other things such as that. THAT is where we need to go now. I guess what I'm saying is it's time for the grassroots to exit the adolescent phase and become grownups. I don't know about you, but I'm ready.

ghemminger
09-17-2007, 11:04 AM
Time to take it to the next level. There will be a fixed number of voters in the next few months - It will be grassroots new efforts of getting those voters out to the polls to vote! LETS TAKE IT UP A KNOTCH!!!

hopeforamerica
09-17-2007, 11:06 AM
I agree. Wish she could go to more cities and quickly. Not likely to see her here in AZ anytime soon. So we'll plug away at we know best. Going to gun shows, sign waving and handing out info, going to large events and talking with people, and yes...putting fliers on cars and neighbor's doors.

If there are any ideas that can be shared here, please do so.

specsaregood
09-17-2007, 11:14 AM
Sematary,

It is Anita, not Amanda. :)

What you describe is what she goes over. Turning this into a REAL campaign, and using Ron Paul's tremendous grassroots voluteers effectively. I don't think she would have joined the campaign if she didn't really think we could win it!

Since you haven't attended her session. Somebody that HAS attended it can sit down with you for HOURS and enlighten you. BUT, you will still have to sign the NDA. The goal is to keep other campaigns from getting her strategy and training materials.

jb4ronpaul
09-17-2007, 11:25 AM
Is there a schedule of her training sessions? I would try to fly into one soon.

hopeforamerica
09-17-2007, 11:27 AM

me too!

constituent
09-17-2007, 11:34 AM
yea, and i travel around the country on a regular basis... i'd like to see if we don't have any overlap anytime soon.

i live in dr. paul's district so i'm sure sending her down here isn't top priority

mdh
09-17-2007, 11:57 AM
While I haven't had the opportunity to attend one of Amanda's training sessions yet, I am truthfully looking forward to getting the training because this campaign has moved past the stage where winning online polls or digging articles really matters all that much any longer. The campaign is bigger than that. With the primaries quickly approaching it is time for all of us to take it to the next level and I am very much looking forward to doing that. I don't agree with everything she says. For instance, a Philly meetup member got the impression from her that perhaps going out and putting flyers, etc... on peoples cars, or canvassing, only nets perhaps a 2% return. Well, you know what - if collectively, we are hitting 100,000 or more people a day - I'll take it. Beyond that - DIGG, FACEBOOK, etc... have probably been about maxed out as far being able to garner new voters. Likewise, internet polls mean absolutely nothing, imo, at this moment. What DOES matter, is learning how to get the primary votes of undecided voters, learning how to become a delegate and other things such as that. THAT is where we need to go now. I guess what I'm saying is it's time for the grassroots to exit the adolescent phase and become grownups. I don't know about you, but I'm ready.

Whoever said this stuff to you has either mis-stated it, or you misunderstood the point. Furthermore, they should not be speaking to you or anyone else who hasn't received the training and signed the NDA.

I'm not going to correct the misinformation in this post, but the simple fact is that several times now you've stated only 1/2 or 1/3 of the *point* of what was being said in the training. This is very unfortunate, because the training in whole was, in my opinion, exceptionally valuable! On the other hand, some of the portion I see here without the points that were made, really goes counter to what the training ACTUALLY said. :(

Sematary
09-17-2007, 12:31 PM
Whoever said this stuff to you has either mis-stated it, or you misunderstood the point. Furthermore, they should not be speaking to you or anyone else who hasn't received the training and signed the NDA.

I'm not going to correct the misinformation in this post, but the simple fact is that several times now you've stated only 1/2 or 1/3 of the *point* of what was being said in the training. This is very unfortunate, because the training in whole was, in my opinion, exceptionally valuable! On the other hand, some of the portion I see here without the points that were made, really goes counter to what the training ACTUALLY said. :(

So finish the point. What is missing? This isn't the "secret" stuff, is it?

mdh
09-17-2007, 12:46 PM
So finish the point. What is missing? This isn't the "secret" stuff, is it?

What is missing is everything else. It is a cohesive and complex strategy, which is covered, in its entirety, by NDA.

Sematary
09-17-2007, 01:28 PM
What is missing is everything else. It is a cohesive and complex strategy, which is covered, in its entirety, by NDA.

So.... common sense (well, common sense to people who know about running campaigns) that EVERY campaign does, is under an NDA, even though it is not specific to THIS campaign but is used unilaterally by ALL campaigns? And, knowing that, it is a BAD thing to learn some small pieces of those non-secret strategies because there is an NDA about non-secret type stuff?

Spirit of '76
09-17-2007, 03:35 PM
For instance, a Philly meetup member got the impression from her that perhaps going out and putting flyers, etc... on peoples cars, or canvassing, only nets perhaps a 2% return.

Which is true, but when these things are incorporated into a comprehensive strategy, the results can be much more satisfying.

Find someone locally who has gotten the training -- someone whose intelligence and judgement you trust -- and ask them to spend a few hours bringing you up to speed so you can make your efforts much more effective.

mdh
09-17-2007, 03:38 PM
I would like to know who in the Philadelphia meetup is talking about the training session with people who have not signed NDA.

Lord Xar
09-17-2007, 03:48 PM
what is GOING ON with all these threads about this woman and what she is doing.. I mean, c'mon.. lets move on.. If you can't share what she tells you, then we can't get cohesive on a national level until she visits every single one of us... so she has been to what 5 places? I guess we can expect she'll make to the rest of hundreds or so meetups in before next years elections..

Enough about her. When and if she comes to Los Angeles, then I am gonna continue to do EXACTLY what I am doing - and I suggest everyone else do the same...

We are not spinning our wheels. We got this far from mostly grassroots... and now you 'think' you need the 'word' to move forwad... c'mon now, sounds weird.

If you want to instantiate the persons changed, then by all means - do it.. but you are under gag order not to mention anything, thus reducing the effectiveness until she can get around to everyone...

Top 10 threads and in some form or another she is in 4. Enough already.

I don't see what can possibly be done on this board by continually talking about it. Until she makes an appearence then those who haven't met her cannot climb on board.... and if you "think" you are spinning your wheels, then the meeting wasn't as fortuitious as we might think, else you'd be gungho and moving forward full force.

I DO ADMIT, there is a complete lack of centralized campaigning on a grassroots level. I am with you on that. But numerous people have tried to coordinate and coral things a bit --- doesn't seem to work.

This negativity is a downer.

Lord Xar
09-17-2007, 03:52 PM

What the smart thing would have been is to VIDEO tape the presentation and allow only meetup leaders to get them and schedule a viewing, for the meetup members. Still haver everyone sign a NAD.. but this way, we would have ALL gotten the training by now.

anyways.... I have some radio/tv commercials coming out for all of us to select from , and this is in conjunction with skiingff's national campagin. we are moving things to the next level.... just takes a bit of time...

mdh
09-17-2007, 03:53 PM
West Virginia is gung-ho and moving forward with the awesome suggestions we received from Ms. Andrews' training. :)

1000-points-of-fright
09-17-2007, 04:07 PM
I don't understand any of this. If this woman works for the official campaign, why is she giving super secret seminars with NDAs? Why not let everyone in on it? Can anyone go to these seminars or just RP meet-up members? Are her methods so revolutionary and ground-breaking that revealing them would let our opponents in on our plans? It all seems very self-defeating.

Sounds like a scam. Or possibly scamola.

katao
09-17-2007, 04:08 PM
What the smart thing would have been is to VIDEO tape the presentation and allow only meetup leaders to get them and schedule a viewing, for the meetup members. Still haver everyone sign a NAD.. but this way, we would have ALL gotten the training by now.

anyways.... I have some radio/tv commercials coming out for all of us to select from , and this is in conjunction with skiingff's national campagin. we are moving things to the next level.... just takes a bit of time...

Yes, someone that attends in the coming weeks please ask if it is ok to videotape with a mandatory NDA to watch? Surely the information is important, and thus important to know now not 3 months from now when AA is able to visit the entire country.

mdh
09-17-2007, 04:20 PM
I don't understand any of this. If this woman works for the official campaign, why is she giving super secret seminars with NDAs? Why not let everyone in on it? Can anyone go to these seminars or just RP meet-up members? Are her methods so revolutionary and ground-breaking that revealing them would let our opponents in on our plans? It all seems very self-defeating.

Sounds like a scam. Or possibly scamola.

It's not a scam. This has been stated and restated.

Any Ron Paul supporters can attend the session. The only pre-requisite to attending the session is that you sign the NDA and are genuinely in it to win it.

Yes, someone that attends in the coming weeks please ask if it is ok to videotape with a mandatory NDA to watch? Surely the information is important, and thus important to know now not 3 months from now when AA is able to visit the entire country.

It is specifically stated that you may not in any way record the session, either video, audio, or any combination thereof.

katao
09-17-2007, 04:26 PM
It is specifically stated that you may not in any way record the session, either video, audio, or any combination thereof.

Ok, I understand. How about the next best thing, which is volunteers to travel to other parts of the country to give the training? Or a WebEx online training? Surely it is important to know now not 3 months from now?

smtwngrl
09-17-2007, 04:28 PM
@Lord Xar

Amen to everything you said! :)

mdh
09-17-2007, 04:31 PM
Ok, I understand. How about the next best thing, which is volunteers to travel to other parts of the country to give the training? Or a WebEx online training? Surely it is important to know now not 3 months from now?

I don't think an online training would be the way to go. It's a potential mess for a number of reasons. That's just my personal opinion, though.

I've said it before, and I'll reiterate again - in my view, your best bet is to get the coordinatorfolk in your area to ask the PCC about scheduling for a visit to your area.

goldenequity
09-17-2007, 04:34 PM
Having said that ....
I have not tried to extract ANY info from ANYONE.

OK so far?
Using my OWN brain I learned alot from this site and strategy contained.
It just makes sense and I violate no NDA in providing this link. :cool:

http://www.networkamerica.org/10minute.htm (http://www.networkamerica.org/10minute.htm)
http://www.networkamerica.org/most_powerful_office.htm (http://www.networkamerica.org/most_powerful_office.htm)

Unless and Until Anita comes to town.... this is the plan I'm following on strictly
a personal basis in my own area.

randy:)

katao
09-17-2007, 04:38 PM
I don't think an online training would be the way to go. It's a potential mess for a number of reasons. That's just my personal opinion, though.

I've said it before, and I'll reiterate again - in my view, your best bet is to get the coordinatorfolk in your area to ask the PCC about scheduling for a visit to your area.

Thanks, I have but I'm not getting responses. I'll keep trying, but I'm worried that it may end up being months. And we don't have months.

1000-points-of-fright
09-17-2007, 04:40 PM
It's not a scam. This has been stated and restated.

Any Ron Paul supporters can attend the session. The only pre-requisite to attending the session is that you sign the NDA and are genuinely in it to win it.

The scam/scamola is a line from the Simpsons.

OK, so it's for RP supporters only. So then it must be super secret RP campaign specific tactics and a way to officially organize meet-up groups. Not general how-to-win-an-election strategies that any 1st year campaign adviser can tell you for free.