PDA

View Full Version : Rockefeller: Internet is “Number One National Hazard”

ItsTime
03-24-2009, 07:45 AM
Rockefeller: Internet is “Number One National Hazard”

According to the great-grandson of John D. Rockefeller, nephew of banker David Rockefeller, and former Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Jay Rockefeller the internet represents a serious threat to national security. Rockefeller is not alone in this assessment. His belief that the internet is the “number one national hazard” to national security is shared by the former Director of National Intelligence Mike McConnell and Obama’s current director Admiral Dennis C. Blair.

Senator Jay Rockefeller pontificates on the threat to national security posed by the internet.

“It really almost makes you ask the question would it have been better if we had never invented the internet,” Rockefeller mused during the confirmation hearing of Gary Locke (see video), Obama’s choice for Commerce Secretary. He then cites a dubious figure of three million cyber “attacks” launched against the Department of Defense every day. “Everybody is attacked, anybody can do it. People say, well it’s China and Russia, but there could be some kid in Latvia doing the same thing.”

http://www.infowars.com/rockefeller-internet-is-number-one-national-hazard/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct9xzXUQLuY

roho76
03-24-2009, 07:51 AM
Hopefully this will be the sticking point for people that will make them turn their heads and say "what?".

jake
“It really almost makes you ask the question would it have been better if we had never invented the internet,”

you have got to be kidding me. unbelievable.

LittleLightShining
Government forbid the people should be able to communicate and organize.

A. Havnes
03-24-2009, 07:56 AM
Government forbid the people should be able to communicate and organize.

But we're obviously not communicating; we're hacking the Pentagon! Duh! /sarcasm

acptulsa
03-24-2009, 07:56 AM
Um, cyber attacks predate the 'net, Jay, and often aren't done over the 'net. So, are you lying intentionally or are you merely too ignorant to listen to?

Also, and just for the record, 'national security' and 'Rockefeller/Fed security' are two different things, and people are waking up to that fact. We would apologize for that, Jay old buddy, but you've never apologized for robbing us, so...

parke
03-24-2009, 08:19 AM
Hopefully this will be the sticking point for people that will make them turn their heads and say "what?".

Dont hold your breath. Ive been waiting for that moment for years. I could point out hundreds of those moments, the biggest one lately... the bailout that fucked us over.

JoshLowry
03-24-2009, 08:43 AM
Rockefeller: Internet is “Number One National Hazard”

According to the great-grandson of John D. Rockefeller, nephew of banker David Rockefeller, and former Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Jay Rockefeller the internet represents a serious threat to national security. Rockefeller is not alone in this assessment. His belief that the internet is the “number one national hazard” to national security is shared by the former Director of National Intelligence Mike McConnell and Obama’s current director Admiral Dennis C. Blair.

Senator Jay Rockefeller pontificates on the threat to national security posed by the internet.

“It really almost makes you ask the question would it have been better if we had never invented the internet,” Rockefeller mused during the confirmation hearing of Gary Locke (see video), Obama’s choice for Commerce Secretary. He then cites a dubious figure of three million cyber “attacks” launched against the Department of Defense every day. “Everybody is attacked, anybody can do it. People say, well it’s China and Russia, but there could be some kid in Latvia doing the same thing.”

http://www.infowars.com/rockefeller-internet-is-number-one-national-hazard/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct9xzXUQLuY

I've been talking about this to friends and family that it is coming.

They don't have control of the internet, but next big security crisis or large world war and the internet as we know it will be gone.

kathy88
03-24-2009, 08:46 AM
Hey Jay! SUCK MY ASS.

acptulsa
03-24-2009, 08:47 AM
I've been talking about this to friends and family that it is coming.

They don't have control of the internet, but next big security crisis or large world war and the internet as we know it will be gone.

Makes me wonder if our success is precipitating the 'next big security crisis'...

kathy88
03-24-2009, 08:59 AM
Makes me wonder if our success is precipitating the 'next big security crisis'...

Which came first? The chicken or the egg?

JoshLowry
03-24-2009, 09:10 AM
Which came first? The chicken or the egg?

I'm sure you know the Patriot Act was written before the crisis.

There is also an "iPatriot Act" that is already written according to Lessig.

Lessig also revealed that he had learned, during a dinner with former government Counter Terrorism Czar Richard Clarke, that there is already in existence a cyber equivalent of the Patriot Act, an “i-Patriot Act” if you will, and that the Justice Department is waiting for a cyber terrorism event in order to implement its provisions.

By the way, doesn't the military have their own network that is completely separate from the public internet?

Isaac Bickerstaff
03-24-2009, 09:28 AM
So Al Gore invented the internet. Al Gore is a Terr'ist!!

Honestly, Jay Rockefeller is like the retarded kid brother of the Rockefeller family. He wants to be evil like the rest of them, but he is not smart enough to be one of the schemers.

constituent
03-24-2009, 09:30 AM
By the way, doesn't the military have their own network that is completely separate from the public internet?

yes and no.

acptulsa
03-24-2009, 09:43 AM
So Al Gore invented the internet. Al Gore is a Terr'ist!!

Honestly, Jay Rockefeller is like the retarded kid brother of the Rockefeller family. He wants to be evil like the rest of them, but he is not smart enough to be one of the schemers.

:D No wonder he went into politics. Stupidity is no handicap and, since they're all above the law, it's a great place to keep someone out of trouble!

pcosmar
03-24-2009, 10:54 AM
According to the great-grandson of John D. Rockefeller, nephew of banker David Rockefeller, and former Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Jay Rockefeller the internet represents a serious threat to the propaganda ministry.

Fixed it for ya. :D

Anti Federalist
03-24-2009, 11:07 AM
According to the great-grandson of John D. Rockefeller, nephew of banker David Rockefeller, and former Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Jay Rockefeller the internet represents a serious threat to the propaganda ministry.

Fixed it for ya. :D

;)

Original_Intent
03-24-2009, 11:08 AM
I'm sure you know the Patriot Act was written before the crisis.

There is also an "iPatriot Act" that is already written according to Lessig.

Well, they gots to do something with all us Ron Paul terrorists running around.

You have absolute freedom of speech, but you are only allowed to talk to yourself!

fj45lvr
03-24-2009, 11:33 AM
yeah, I interpret this as a way to say that

"Free speech is getting out of hand" and "the people are getting too much WRONG information to consider"

RideTheDirt
03-24-2009, 12:46 PM
I bet if this guy read this forum he would GTFO of dodge.

A. Havnes
03-24-2009, 12:50 PM
Well, they gots to do something with all us Ron Paul terrorists running around.

You have absolute freedom of speech, but you are only allowed to talk to yourself!

Unless there's a microphone around. I'm gonna go fashion myself a tin hat now.

acptulsa
03-24-2009, 12:52 PM
Unless there's a microphone around. I'm gonna go fashion myself a tin hat now.

It'll look better on the mic.

Maverick
03-24-2009, 02:22 PM
I wonder what kind of things they consider to be a "cyber attack" anyway. It's gotta be another bullshit statistic. Like, if someone happens to ping a DoD address because it pinged them first, it's probably included as an "attack."

mediahasyou
03-24-2009, 05:41 PM
He must have watched one of our videos. ahahha