PDA

View Full Version : Did Rockefeller really say "We are grateful to the Washington Post..."

emazur
03-24-2009, 03:22 AM
"We are grateful to the Washington Post, The New York Times, Time
Magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended
our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost
forty years."

"It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world
if we had been subjected to the lights of publicity during those years.
But, the world is now more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a
world government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite
and world bankers is surely preferable to the national
auto-determination practiced in past centuries."

Is there a credible source for this quote? One site claims this was a speech taped by a Swede during a '91 Bilderberg meeting in Germany. I can't be the first person to have looked into this - so where does the quote come from and what hard evidence is there that he said it?

And to those interested, here's a somewhat recent (2007) uncomfortable interview with Rockefeller conducted by a conspiracy theorist (seems overly nutty though). He could have done a better job at conducting the interview overall but had the balls to ask a few tough questions

moostraks
03-24-2009, 10:30 AM
Trying to find what you might say would be an acceptable source might be like finding a needle in a haystack. Look at the fact that this meeting is just now reaching public scrutiny even though they have been meeting for years. Look at the level of apathy of the general public towards moral outrage they are attending these meetings. Look at the arrogance of the open collaboration of people with nefarious agendas now because they have reached an untouchable status. Then look at the previous list of Bilderberg attendees as ask yourself if it seems rational that this statement was made.

Furthermore his own words penned this:Written in his 2002 autobiography 'Memoirs' [pp 405]
"For more than a century, ideological extremists at either end of the political spectrum have seized upon well-publicized incidents to attack the Rockefeller family for the inordinate influence they claim we wield over American political and economic institutions. Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as "internationalists" and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure - one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it."

Do you think he could have said the quote you question? (You will find the media has been in attendance at the Bilderberg meetings,fwiw...)

Xenophage
03-24-2009, 10:32 AM
forty years."

Is there a credible source for this quote? One site claims this was a speech taped by a Swede during a '91 Bilderberg meeting in Germany. I can't be the first person to have looked into this - so where does the quote come from and what hard evidence is there that he said it?

And to those interested, here's a somewhat recent (2007) uncomfortable interview with Rockefeller conducted by a conspiracy theorist (seems overly nutty though). He could have done a better job at conducting the interview overall but had the balls to ask a few tough questions

lol

Truth Warrior
03-24-2009, 10:40 AM
Put that OP quote in context with this:

“Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as ‘internationalists’ and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure - one world, if you will. If that is the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” -- David Rockefeller (Found on page 405 of his memoirs)

pcosmar
03-24-2009, 11:22 AM
Hmmm.
I wonder if he has any connections to the men spoken of here,
http://my.net-link.net/~napfn/callaway.htm
From the Congressional record:

Mr. Chairman, under unanimous consent, I insert in the record at this point a statement showing the newspaper combination, which explains their activity in this war matter, just discussed by the gentleman from >Pennsylvania, [Mr. Moore]:

"In March, 1915, the J.P. Morgan interests, the steel, shipbuilding, and powder interests, and their subsidiary organizations, got together 12 men high up in the newspaper world and employed them to select the most influential newspapers in the United States and sufficient number of them to control generally the policy of the daily press of the United States.

"These 12 men worked the problem out by selecting 170 newspapers, and then began, by an elimination process, to retain only those necessary for the purpose of controlling the general policy of the daily press throughout the country. They found it was only necessary to purchase the control of 25 of the greatest newspapers. The 25 papers were agreed upon; emissaries were sent to purchase the policy, national and international, of these papers; an agreement was reached; the policy of the papers was bought, to be paid for by the month; an editor was furnished for each paper to properly supervise and edit information regarding the questions of preparedness, militarism, financial policies, and other things of national and international nature considered vital to the interest of the purchasers.

"This contract is in existence at the present time, and it accounts for the news columns of the daily press of the country being filled with all sorts of preparedness argument and misrepresentations as to the present condition of the United States Army and Navy and the possibility and probability of the United States being attacked by foreign foes.

"This policy also included the suppression of everything in opposition to the wishes of the interests served. The effectiveness of this scheme has been conclusively demonstrated by the character of stuff carried in the daily press throughout the country since March, 1915. They have resorted to anything necessary to commercialize public sentiment and sandbag the national congress into making extravagant and wasteful appropriations for the Army and Navy under the false pretense that it was necessary. Their stock argument is >that it is "patriotism." They are playing on every prejudice and passion of the American people."

Truth Warrior
03-24-2009, 11:28 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Rockefeller (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Rockefeller)

pcosmar
03-24-2009, 11:33 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Rockefeller (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Rockefeller)

It would seem that there might be some connections. ;)

Truth Warrior
03-24-2009, 11:34 AM
It would seem that there might be some connections. ;)
;)

J-Lib
10-18-2018, 01:21 PM
I know this is an ancient thread -- but this may help. As to original written source or reporter, I can't tell you. Most Bilderberg stuff, back then, came from the pen of Jim Tucker of The Spotlight.
I can say this, however. When I was writing an article on NAFTA for my college paper in 1993, I personally called Rockefeller's Manhattan office to ask some things about his support of NAFTA and also to confirm this quote. His secretary said to me of the Bilderberg quote, "That sounds about right."

actorcat2000
02-09-2022, 04:31 PM
forty years."

;) https://www.bitchute.com/video/kmMwzSh8FJyY/?fbclid=IwAR0fKrGmXlORxGQR1ftf-8chokU0BxChqYrlibC0tkiWSlTSLIBdF9lWh70

Anti Globalist
02-09-2022, 05:03 PM
Who would be grateful to the Washington Post when all they've done is spread propaganda?

acptulsa
02-09-2022, 05:17 PM
Who would be grateful to the Washington Post when all they've done is spread propaganda?

Rockefellers, among other people who benefit from it.