PDA

View Full Version : GOP: I'm about to become chair of my GOP - I get some bad press

Matt Collins
03-23-2009, 09:45 PM
As some of you may know it is becoming more and more likely that I'll become the chairman of the Nashville (Davidson County) Republican Party on April 4th. We've got the delegates, energy, momentum, and things are really turning in our favor.

So now I've got a bit of "bad press" ha ha ha.

Take a look:
http://kaybrooks.blogspot.com/2009/03/dcrp-convention.html

TheConstitutionLives
03-23-2009, 10:00 PM
As some of you may know it is becoming more and more likely that I'll become the chairman of the Nashville (Davidson County) Republican Party on April 4th. We've got the delegates, energy, momentum, and things are really turning in our favor.

Take a look:

- Dude, I would not post that on here b/c you're gonna get alot of folks going after this lady or atleast blowing up her blog. When/if that happens she's gonna think you sent people to her blog to cause a raucous

He Who Pawns
03-23-2009, 10:01 PM
WOW, what a completely WORTHLESS piece of trash that was.

Matt, trust me when I tell you that nonsense was not even worth the time it toook to waste time on it.

rock on, dude. i am super proud of citizens like you who have the balls to step up to the plate.

LibertyEagle
03-23-2009, 10:03 PM
So, why did you go to the Republican Women's Convention, Matt? I'm almost afraid to ask.

Dripping Rain
03-23-2009, 10:11 PM
wish you the best Matt but please ask the mod to move this to off topic so it cant be traced on google and mask that link. ask people to copy paste

pinkmandy
03-23-2009, 10:24 PM
So, why did you go to the Republican Women's Convention, Matt? I'm almost afraid to ask.

My question as well...:D

And the pic, is that the one where you have the sunset behind you and are working on the computer with your hair blowing back? Epic.

Aratus
03-24-2009, 09:40 AM
matt, ...if it was at 50/50 prior to the suspension,
and if the g.o.p mainstream doesn't have a solution
to the economic malaise other than blame obama
for his brief time as potus, it seems to me a further
effort could secure the chair for thee on the next vote!

Xenophage
03-24-2009, 09:58 AM
Matt "The Lady's Man" Collins! ;D

Maximilian American
03-24-2009, 10:06 AM
Congrats!

Invalid
03-24-2009, 10:28 AM
edit your post and break the link in two so ppl can copy and paste.

I don't understand how it gets traced anyway? I know it does but it doesn't make much sense to me.

Isn't there some way to disable the browser so webpages can't tell the previous site u were on?

angelatc
03-24-2009, 10:33 AM
She's a homeschooler Matt. You should have more in common with her than the old guard.

specsaregood
03-24-2009, 10:34 AM
Isn't there some way to disable the browser so webpages can't tell the previous site u were on?

In Firefox, yes.
http://cafe.elharo.com/privacy/privacy-tip-3-block-referer-headers-in-firefox/

I don't know of a way to do it in IE, outside of using a 3rd party program like Norton, IIRC norton does this.

tnvoter
03-24-2009, 10:37 AM
Keep up the good work Matt. But be careful, don't pay too much attention to things like this, and try to keep level headed. We'll have your back :)

yongrel
03-24-2009, 10:38 AM
I am going to default to my usual position of "You're not telling us the whole story, Matt."

ARealConservative
03-24-2009, 10:38 AM
so in a nutshell, we have another woman repulsed by Matt's behavior.

That is really earth shattering news there. :rolleyes:

LittleLightShining
03-24-2009, 10:40 AM
I am going to default to my usual position of "You're not telling us the whole story, Matt."

so in a nutshell, we have another woman repulsed by Matt's behavior.

That is really earth shattering news there. :rolleyes:Reading her post it looks like she has a personal problem with you, Matt. She seems to want new blood but not yours.

Feenix566
03-24-2009, 10:41 AM
I find it offensive that there was an event held exclusively for Republican women, especially considering the circumstances of the election. You have a man running against a woman, and you have an event that only one of them is allowed to attend. That's ridiculous! How would people react if Matt held an event exclusively for Republican men? Obviously, they'd be outraged. Well they should be outraged about this, as well. It's clear that Matt's opponent was trying to get an unfair advantage in the race by having the opportunity to address the voters without him around.

ARealConservative
03-24-2009, 10:46 AM
I find it offensive that there was an event held exclusively for Republican women, especially considering the circumstances of the election. You have a man running against a woman, and you have an event that only one of them is allowed to attend. That's ridiculous! How would people react if Matt held an event exclusively for Republican men? Obviously, they'd be outraged. Well they should be outraged about this, as well. It's clear that Matt's opponent was trying to get an unfair advantage in the race by having the opportunity to address the voters without him around.

so long as tax dollars aren't used, people should be free to practice any forms of bigotry they like.

People need to stop being so offended by the actions of free people.

Paulitical Correctness
03-24-2009, 10:46 AM
Between the time this photo was taken and the convention he found a hair stylist and a good suit.

Buuurrrnn!

:D

Matt Collins
03-24-2009, 11:43 AM
I find it offensive that there was an event held exclusively for Republican women, especially considering the circumstances of the election. It wasn't. There were other men there too. It's open to anyone.

It's clear that Matt's opponent was trying to get an unfair advantage in the race by having the opportunity to address the voters without him around.No she wasn't actually. Everyone in the Nashville Republican Women's group already know my opponent very well. Neither one of us spoke at the event that day about the election.

Feenix566
03-24-2009, 11:45 AM
It wasn't. There were other men there too. It's open to anyone.

No she wasn't actually. Everyone in the Nashville Republican Women's group already know my opponent very well. Neither one of us spoke at the event that day about the election.

Okay, nevermind. I am no longer offended :)

Feenix566
03-24-2009, 11:46 AM
so long as tax dollars aren't used, people should be free to practice any forms of bigotry they like.

People need to stop being so offended by the actions of free people.

People are free to practice any form of private bigotry they like and I am free to be offended by all of it.

Matt Collins
03-25-2009, 01:27 PM
So, why did you go to the Republican Women's Convention, Matt? Because it's an auxiliary organization to the Nashville GOP and it's open to anyone. Also my coworker (Phil Valentine) was going to be there and I wanted to hear what he had to say to everyone.

Matt Collins
03-25-2009, 01:30 PM
And the pic, is that the one where you have the sunset behind you and are working on the computer with your hair blowing back? Epic.Yes... but I've since cut my hair. That pic was taken on a Florida beach in November at a concert I was engineering. I've got some newer pics as I recently did a photo shoot and I'm in the process of getting them up as soon as the Gasden flag week is over.

Matt Collins
03-25-2009, 01:32 PM
She's a homeschooler Matt. You should have more in common with her than the old guard.Absolutely right. I'm about to reply to her and introduce myself very soon.

Dripping Rain
03-25-2009, 01:32 PM
she seems like a good person to say the least. its personal. email her and try to reconsile. its not really bad press the way i see it. ps I have to agree with her you shouldnt have gone to the Republican women thing

Matt Collins
03-25-2009, 01:40 PM
I am going to default to my usual position of "You're not telling us the whole story, Matt."It is hard after all this movement has been through to take something at face value but sometimes there really is just no conspiracy, no propaganda, and no ulterior motive. But it does pay to remain skeptical most of the time however there is a healthy balance.

Matt Collins
03-25-2009, 01:42 PM
so in a nutshell, we have another woman repulsed by Matt's behavior.What are you talking about? :confused: :mad::rolleyes:

Matt Collins
03-25-2009, 01:43 PM
ps I have to agree with her you shouldnt have gone to the Republican women thingPlease read my other posts in this thread. I have explained this but the Nashville Republican Women is not a "women's only" organization. There were other men in the room, and in fact the prudent thing for me to do would be to attend these events on a regular basis and the other auxillary GOP organizations in the area. That shows that I have involvement and drive.

Matt Collins
03-25-2009, 01:45 PM
Reading her post it looks like she has a personal problem with you, Matt. She seems to want new blood but not yours.She doesn't know me, I don't think we've ever met in person actually. I think part of the problem is that I've actually kept such a low profile and kept my head down not saying much of anything at the GOP meetings for the last year that no one knows who I am or what I stand for. A 3 minute speech at the convention did sway a lot of people over to my side, however I will be communicating to everyone a message of who I am and why they should support me very very soon.

ladyjade3
03-25-2009, 01:46 PM
Its really kind of amusing to hear "old guard" Republicans go apopleptic at being "taken over" ie growing. I was part of the LP ballot access efforts in NC and saw how we were stonewalled at every turn. If they won't let the third parties play in the sandbox with them, They're NOT going to just take their toys and go home. There is a movement boiling and bubbling over.

Having the GOP overrun with these people that they did not invite (the NERVE) is, in my way of seeing it, a direct result of them not letting our party gain a foothold to viability.

Stacking the rules against the LP ever gaining meaning access to the political process + abusing the trust of your base = all your base are belong to us. ;)

Matt Collins
03-25-2009, 01:51 PM
all your base are belong to us. ;)Rachel, you rock! :D

newbitech
03-25-2009, 04:14 PM
Its really kind of amusing to hear "old guard" Republicans go apopleptic at being "taken over" ie growing. I was part of the LP ballot access efforts in NC and saw how we were stonewalled at every turn. If they won't let the third parties play in the sandbox with them, They're NOT going to just take their toys and go home. There is a movement boiling and bubbling over.

Having the GOP overrun with these people that they did not invite (the NERVE) is, in my way of seeing it, a direct result of them not letting our party gain a foothold to viability.

Stacking the rules against the LP ever gaining meaning access to the political process + abusing the trust of your base = all your base are belong to us. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qItugh-fFgg

ha ha ha ha

take off every zig

for great justice

Matt Collins
03-25-2009, 08:11 PM
MY RESPONSE:

Mrs. Brooks,

I don't know if we have ever met in person but next time we are in the same room we definitely should introduce ourselves.

Reading your blog I absolutely agree with you that the Republican Party needs to "get their act together" and that we must "be champions of the conservative movement". And you are right to get involved because that's exactly why I'm running for chair. I did not decide to run for the DCRP chair because I wanted the position, I decided to run because I felt that it was time for a principled limited-government conservative to step up and move the GOP into a winning direction resulting from strict adherence to the Constitution and limited-government conservatism.

In addition to producing talk radio at WTN I also work in the music industry as an audio engineer. But as you mentioned I have of course gotten a hair cut and of course realize what responsibilities are entailed as the DCRP chair.

Regarding the Nashville Republican Women's meeting a couple of weeks ago, I am not sure if you are aware, but those meetings are open to anyone, including those of us who happen to be male ha ha. In fact there were several other men in the room which is not unusual as it was explained to me that men are even encouraged to participate. I attended the meeting because I sincerely wanted to hear what the topic of discussion was. While I am of course familiar with Phil's typical discourse I have never seen him give a public address outside of the WTN studios so this was a first for me. And considering he was speaking to my fellow local Republicans I felt it prudent to come and take a listen.

Also I wasn't there to campaign however I thought it would be respectful to at least show up to one of their meetings since the Nashville Republican Women truly are the crux of the local Republican Party. While I had no intention to speak or actively campaign at the event I didn't want the Nashville Republican Women to think that I had not ever bothered to at least show up at their meeting. What I have come to realize is that the Nashville Republican Women are very well organized, passionate, and are the stronghold of Republicanism in the county; I know I can learn a lot from them and their organization.

And anyone is of course free to call or e-mail Phil at anytime if they would like to "ask for an honest assessment" about me. You can get ahold of Phil by voice or e-mail: 1-800-618-PHIL or Phil@PhilValentine.com

Also as an aside I applaud your homeschooling efforts. While I did not have the privilege of being home schooled myself I absolutely recognize that the government is NOT the best entity to educate our children. Liberals, conservatives, Republicans, and even Democrats are all unhappy with government schools. The fundamental problem is that government is intruding into the free market of education. In the early 1800's government schooling was not widespread and the US was considered the most literate nation in the world. One of the worst decisions ever was to entrust something as important as the education of our children to the politicians and bureaucrats. The government, at all levels, needs to back out of education and allow for free market competition!

Anyway, that being said, feel free to e-mail me with any questions that you may have. I look forward to opening dialog with you because I would like to earn your vote.

I wish you the best,

-Matt Collins
Candidate for Chairman- Davidson County Republican Party

ItsTime
03-25-2009, 08:17 PM
quick sidebar

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=185708

Truth Warrior
03-26-2009, 06:59 AM

Take a look:

Now if the "movement" can just somehow manage to find ~200K "Matt Collins" clones, who knows what might happen? ;) :D

Matt Collins
03-26-2009, 08:21 AM
Now if the "movement" can just somehow manage to find ~200K "Matt Collins" clones, who knows what might happen? ;) :DThat's the idea. If everyone follows the example that we are setting in Nashville then the GOP will be completely changed within 2 years.

Truth Warrior
03-26-2009, 09:03 AM
That's the idea. If everyone follows the example that we are setting in Nashville then the GOP will be completely changed within 2 years. I meant it LITERALLY. ;) :D

Elwar
03-26-2009, 09:31 AM

My thoughts exactly...if the LP had the same election access as the Rep/Dems I'd still be working from within the LP.

As it stands...hello New Republican Party.

Elwar
03-26-2009, 09:41 AM
MY RESPONSE:

Mrs. Brooks,

blah, blah, blah, I'm a nice guy

-Matt Collins
Candidate for Chairman- Davidson County Republican Party

You should've responded with this:

DON'T YOU REALIZE THAT 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB! THE NWO TOOK DOWN TOWER 7! AIRPLANES ARE SPRAYING US WITH FLOURIDE!

It worked well for Ron Paul's campaign...you're on the wrong track with all of this, "understanding of the voters we're trying to win over" and "speaking to them on their level in a respectful manner".

Mani
03-26-2009, 10:54 AM
You should've responded with this:

DON'T YOU REALIZE THAT 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB! THE NWO TOOK DOWN TOWER 7! AIRPLANES ARE SPRAYING US WITH FLOURIDE!

It worked well for Ron Paul's campaign...you're on the wrong track with all of this, "understanding of the voters we're trying to win over" and "speaking to them on their level in a respectful manner".

LOL!!!

Somewhere in the back of my mind, I was worried about her finding a facebook entry with that kind of title. I'm glad the worst of it was a scruffy looking Matt.

Thanks for the laugh Elwar.

Paulitical Correctness
03-29-2009, 09:43 AM
Did she ever respond, Matt?

Matt Collins
04-02-2009, 10:30 PM
Did she ever respond, Matt?
Yes read this:
http://kaybrooks.blogspot.com/2009/03/open-letter-to-matt-collins.html

Smoke the Liberty Tree
04-02-2009, 10:44 PM
Yes read this:

I dont know how you managed to be so respectful in your response. She raised a few good questions but she seems to be biased towards the female who is running.

good luck though man, hope it all works out.

Conza88
04-03-2009, 01:55 AM
:rolleyes:

LittleLightShining
04-03-2009, 02:48 AM
Yes read this:
*whistles* The internet is not a good place to keep secrets.

Reading all this stuff makes me really glad I live in Vermont. From what I've seen so far in my year of local GOP activity there is no where near this amount of possessiveness and fear of new people-- Ron Paul Republicans or no.

specsaregood
04-03-2009, 07:13 AM
Yes read this:

From that link:

I’m concerned that the very afternoon of the DCRP caucus you were also elected as vice-chair of the Tennessee Republican Liberty Caucus. http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=11629 You are politically double dipping parties. I think you need to pick one team to play on and one team that should get your full attention and resources. Obviously, you think the DCRP is fundamentally flawed and you seem very intent in changing the DCRP into a RLC outpost.

Does this woman seriously not realize that the RLC is a Republican party organization? I mean, it does actually say "Republican" in the title. Either she got mixed up or she intentionally implied that it wasn't; just as a bit of disinfo.

Good luck Matt. I'd suggest that since she was able to find so much about you online that it is evidence that you are ready to help drag the GOP into this current millenia....

pacelli
04-03-2009, 08:09 AM
Hey, I was going to post a comment and didn't feel like signing up for blogger, so here is my response to her. Since she is obviously reading these forums, I hope she cuts & pastes it and responds to it in her next post:

I read your blog and the overall theme I see when you talk about this guy Collins is negativity, negativity, negativity. Do we really want someone so negative in a leadership position? You've offered no solutions, but you do a great job "nit-picking".

For someone who talks about your opponent's inexperience & age, it sure seems like you are an expert at one thing-- mud wrestling. Wasn't Obama inexperienced and too young to win?

So far, you've made an excellent case for people to elect Collins. While you are researching the web to engage in further ad hominem attacks, and reading into nonverbal behavior, it makes me wonder what Collins is doing. So, keep it up. You are doing a great job helping Collins on his campaign.

I still haven't read YOUR platform. All I know is that you have a desire to get a title, so you are focused on ripping your opponent to shreds. But what would YOU do, what are YOUR views, why should we choose YOU?

Unfortunately it is too late to answer those questions without appearing like you are backpedaling, because you have already demonstrated that the title is more important to you than the responsibilities associated with it.

specsaregood
04-03-2009, 08:14 AM
Hey, I was going to post a comment and didn't feel like signing up for blogger, so here is my response to her. Since she is obviously reading these forums, I hope she cuts & pastes it and responds to it in her next post:

I don't think that blogger is actually running or looking for a title or am I mistaken?

Matt Collins
04-03-2009, 08:17 AM
Actually the woman who wrote this is not my opponent.

Matt Collins
04-03-2009, 08:18 AM
she seems to be biased towards the female who is running. Yes. Well I know that the other side was feeding her information about me. The question is whether she is sincere in her open-mindedness or if she is simply acting as a proxy for my opposition?:confused:

Matt Collins
04-03-2009, 10:17 AM
Does this woman seriously not realize that the RLC is a Republican party organization? I mean, it does actually say "Republican" in the title. Either she got mixed up or she intentionally implied that it wasn't; just as a bit of disinfo. Yeah, I am not sure again if this was intentional disinfo or if she was just ignorant of the RLC.:confused:

But my opposition has indeed been running a FUD campaign (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear,_uncertainty_and_doubt) against me.

Paulitical Correctness
04-03-2009, 02:42 PM
Looool.

There's a Matt Collins part II and III now.

For the DCRP Chairman candidate Matt Collins, fundraising begins at home.

"Two billing cycles ago I went over on my cell phone bill because I spend a great deal away from my home/office. Almost all of the calls in coordinating the local members, meeting with local officials and GOP members, making calls for votes, all of the planning, etc was done on my cell phone. Because I'm always on the go I was not able to do the majority of this work from home. In fact the first bill was $210. Normally it's $89. When I realized that I immediately changed my plan to "unlimited". However the creeps at Sprint have a clause in their service that says that any plan changes won't take place until after the current billing cycle. So last billing cycle was $344.

If I take the overage on the first billing cycle and the overage on the second billing cycle I have gone $376 total over my normal phone budget and because I've spent so much time on this race and not as much time working, it is breaking me. My income from other streams are down, my pay has been cut at my usual gig, etc. I'm dedicated to the cause of liberty which is why I am pursuing the chairman of the Nashville Republican Party but I am by no means wealthy and my income is indeed suffering due to my dedication to bringing limited-government conservatism back to the country. If you support what I am doing and have some spare cash I humbly ask that you consider donating to my campaign specifically to help me survive my cell phone expenses which are a direct result of fighting for liberty." (http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=15018)

I feel for yah dude, but if you didn't anticipate this...what might happen with the DCRP budget?

angelatc
04-03-2009, 02:48 PM
Yeah, I am not sure again if this was intentional disinfo or if she was just ignorant of the RLC.:confused:

But my opposition has indeed been running a FUD campaign (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear,_uncertainty_and_doubt) against me.

The RLC is not an official arm of the GOP. http://www.rlc.org/about/faq/

The RLC is an independent political membership organization that is not officially affiliated with the Republican National Committee.

Matt Collins
04-03-2009, 02:54 PM
I feel for yah dude, but if you didn't anticipate this...what might happen with the DCRP budget? Very good point. However I did indeed anticipate this but several things beyond my control and out of anyone's foresight happened virtually all at once.

1- I was moved to daytime at my job meaning I have to use my cell.
2- The race was supposed to be 2 weeks long. It has become 2 months long due to a long complicated story.
3- I have had to go out of town for work several times and of course coordinating required my cell phone.

Hopefully that clears it up a bit. But I am not going into debt, and any funds donated are voluntary. Unlike the government I'm not going to print the money or steal it from anyone ;)

Matt Collins
04-03-2009, 02:55 PM
The RLC is not an official arm of the GOP. http://www.rlc.org/about/faq/Of course not, but it isn't a separate party either. There are membership requirements about being a Republican.

LittleLightShining
04-03-2009, 02:56 PM
Looool.

There's a Matt Collins part II and III now.Technically the chair doesn't handle the money. The Finance Chair brings it in-- that's what I do on my county committee-- and the Treasurer keeps track of it. I'm not sure how your bylaws are set up but you will be part of the budget committee.

I really advise you to remove the whole phone bill schpiel. Even if you aren't going for the treasurer post it can be construed as irresponsible.

Paulitical Correctness
04-03-2009, 03:44 PM
Very good point. However I did indeed anticipate this but several things beyond my control and out of anyone's foresight happened virtually all at once.

1- I was moved to daytime at my job meaning I have to use my cell.
2- The race was supposed to be 2 weeks long. It has become 2 months long due to a long complicated story.
3- I have had to go out of town for work several times and of course coordinating required my cell phone.

Hopefully that clears it up a bit. But I am not going into debt, and any funds donated are voluntary. Unlike the government I'm not going to print the money or steal it from anyone ;)

Those weren't my words, just to clarify. :eek:

dgr
04-03-2009, 03:56 PM
I'm having a deja vou (?) moment here, it's a reply of last years NCGOP convention.
I believe the Ron Paul coalition unseated the "party candidate, a GOP Womens Club member
I was ok with defeating the support McCain platform plank, but why did they want the support the troops part left out, it said troops not war. Anyway, the GOP Women are the backbone of every GOP party and the more liberal women are foung in the cities and more traditional (I'm boycotting conservative until it's defined) womens members in the county.
Now you may not realize it but getting on the wrong side of the women's club is not a safe place to be. But this woman sounds like a problem anywhere.AND SHE DOES NOT LIKE YOU ONE BIT AND IT AIN'T OVER YET. When she attaced the next poster for not staying on topic, she sounded like she was scolding a two year old. You are now her target I suggest a spy to find out which way the winds are blowing in the Woman's club. And if it will not compromise you
get a new picture to post somewhere, this one says I'm my own person to you, but to older women, free spirit avoid at all cost, and stay away from me, and my daughter.

Matt Collins
04-03-2009, 04:14 PM
Well come to find out this woman has been in the camp of my opponent all along. Apparently she does not have an open mind and when I extended an olive branch today to introduce myself to her by way of telephone call she wanted nothing to do with me. This confirms my thoughts that my opposition was feeding (dis)information to her. She was not looking for unbiased and honest information, she was looking to trap me and then discredit me.

Matt Collins
04-03-2009, 04:16 PM
Now you may not realize it but getting on the wrong side of the women's club is not a safe place to be. But this woman sounds like a problem anywhere.AND SHE DOES NOT LIKE YOU ONE BIT AND IT AIN'T OVER YET. This woman is supporting my opponent who is also in the Nashville Women's Club. I have been told that many in the women's club cannot stand my opponent and in the course of my phone conversations have confirmed this over the course of the past week.

stay away from me, and my daughter.I get that often j/k :p

Matt Collins
04-03-2009, 04:17 PM
Those weren't my words, just to clarify. :eek:Who's were they? Can you link to them? :confused:

specsaregood
04-03-2009, 05:02 PM
Who's were they? Can you link to them? :confused:

http://kaybrooks.blogspot.com/

She added two new posts Matt, those were her words.

Matt Collins
04-03-2009, 08:57 PM
The election is 10 hours away. I just let her have it here:

here:
http://kaybrooks.blogspot.com/2009/04/matt-collins-part-ii.html

and here:
http://kaybrooks.blogspot.com/2009/04/matt-collins-part-iii.html

Jeremy
04-03-2009, 09:06 PM
Yah um do you still need that flyer thing cause you never emailed me back

Matt Collins
04-03-2009, 09:18 PM
Yah um do you still need that flyer thing cause you never emailed me back I thought I had e-mailed you back about it?

tonesforjonesbones
04-03-2009, 09:55 PM
well..maybe this woman is a mole for the democrat party herself? hmmmmm tones

tonesforjonesbones
04-03-2009, 09:59 PM
ya know matt...the way this woman is digging around...she might come here too and find all your posts...guess you are going to have to watch what you put out there now...I wish you good luck and I sure hope you win..but she is obviously out to get you. Just be careful what you say ANYWHERE now... tones

Jeremy
04-03-2009, 10:02 PM
I thought I had e-mailed you back about it?

No I gave you a JPEG sample... what did you say??? Cause i never got an email

Roxi
04-03-2009, 10:47 PM
matt your reply to her was great.. i didn't think her blog was totally a slam or horrible, she was negative toward the other person running against you.

good job on handling it

specsaregood
04-03-2009, 11:57 PM
ya know matt...the way this woman is digging around...she might come here too and find all your posts...guess you are going to have to watch what you put out there now...I wish you good luck and I sure hope you win..but she is obviously out to get you. Just be careful what you say ANYWHERE now... tones

Ditto. I wouldn't be all that surprised if you show up tomorrow for the voting and find print-outs of some of your posts have been distributed...

Matt Collins
04-04-2009, 02:39 AM
No I gave you a JPEG sample... what did you say??? Cause i never got an emailI don't remember. Something about the cropping around my head but that was about a week ago I think. Perhaps the e-mail didn't make it back to you? :confused:

Matt Collins
04-04-2009, 02:40 AM
matt your reply to her was great.. i didn't think her blog was totally a slam or horrible, she was negative toward the other person running against you.Read the latest response. Come to find out she actually was working for the opposition while purporting to be neutral. Her blog wasn't an attempt to find out more about me, it was an outright attack. :mad:

Matt Collins
04-04-2009, 02:41 AM
Ditto. I wouldn't be all that surprised if you show up tomorrow for the voting and find print-outs of some of your posts have been distributed...Nothing would surprise me at this point. But if I win then I win, and if I lose I still win.

evilfunnystuff
04-04-2009, 03:17 AM
nice responses

good luck mang

Jeremy
04-04-2009, 07:35 AM
Well do you still want it or no

Roxi
04-04-2009, 09:41 AM
Read the latest response. Come to find out she actually was working for the opposition while purporting to be neutral. Her blog wasn't an attempt to find out more about me, it was an outright attack. :mad:

then i suggest you dig up what you can about her and your opponent :)

Aratus
04-04-2009, 09:46 AM
matt collins, if i can get thee a ten-spot in the next few week or months,
could you replay me with a ten-spot when i toy with a senate run up here
in 2012? i'm enuff of an auld fashion'd yankee to run a tightly slim & trim
campaign for one of our senate seats. i have my eyes on the 2012 seat...

Matt Collins
04-05-2009, 04:55 PM
matt collins, if i can get thee a ten-spot in the next few week or months,
could you replay me with a ten-spot when i toy with a senate run up here
in 2012? i'm enuff of an auld fashion'd yankee to run a tightly slim & trim
campaign for one of our senate seats. i have my eyes on the 2012 seat...Thanks man. I appreciate it!

Standing Like A Rock
04-05-2009, 09:21 PM
You are THE MAN, Matt Collins, keep fighting for liberty!

Matt Collins
04-07-2009, 07:31 AM
keep fighting for liberty!Liberty or death perhaps? ;)