PDA

View Full Version : Question: Would You Back a New Global Currency BACK BY GOLD?

He Who Pawns
03-23-2009, 06:40 PM
With China, Russia and Europe now openly calling for a new global reserve currency, and with the Dollar obviously worth about as much as toilet paper, would you support a new global reserve currency backed by Gold?

FrankRep
03-23-2009, 06:43 PM
Will a central bank regulate the currency? Hell no.

He Who Pawns
03-23-2009, 06:43 PM
Well if the amount if fixed to gold, it can't change much, right?

Original_Intent
03-23-2009, 06:45 PM
And if they tied it to go gold to get people in, and then delinked it from gold just like the U.S. did with the dollar, what would/could anyone do about it?

Global currency = global governance.

"Give me power to coin the money, and I care not who makes the laws".

He Who Pawns
03-23-2009, 06:45 PM
And if they tied it to go gold to get people in, and then delinked it from gold just like the U.S. did with the dollar, what would/could anyone do about it?

There would have to be an iron-clad agreement.

newbitech
03-23-2009, 06:46 PM
no

FrankRep
03-23-2009, 06:47 PM
Well if the amount if fixed to gold, it can't change much, right?
Who holds the gold and who prints the paper currency?

Just make Gold, by itself, a standard currency. Gold can regulate itself.

He Who Pawns
03-23-2009, 06:47 PM
no

explain. the dollar is trash, so it would be hard to get a worse situation if a currency was backed by Gold.

MelissaCato
03-23-2009, 06:59 PM
I say no for a global currency. I see a problem with internet sales and like PayPal. LOL
Seriously though, we need to go back to the Constitution with only gold and silver as legal tender in America. I wanna go to dinner and a movie with a coin.

I'm really not educated to say either way though.

bluto20
03-23-2009, 10:59 PM
I voted No.

Those who control the currency, control the people.

fr33domfightr
03-23-2009, 11:09 PM
I guess as others have stated, the devil's in the details.

If some Global entity controls the money, who's to say they won't devalue the gold with gold-backed-notes (of 30% backing instead of 100%).

The safest way would be to have the money actually be Gold, with a guaranteed purity, that way it can't be printed like crazy.

What's interesting to think about with one world currency is, would everyone in the world get paid an equal amount for equal work?? Would the Doctor in Zimbabwe get paid the same as a Doctor in the United States??

FF

UtahApocalypse
03-23-2009, 11:15 PM
One word:

Sovereignty

PlzPeopleWakeUp
03-23-2009, 11:54 PM
nt

TastyWheat
03-24-2009, 12:17 AM
Once we get hooked on this new currency they'd just take away the gold backing.

Chase
03-24-2009, 12:19 AM
No. Money must be discovered in the market.

newbitech
03-24-2009, 12:39 AM
explain. the dollar is trash, so it would be hard to get a worse situation if a currency was backed by Gold.

Competition. Consolidation of world currencies is the foundation for consolidation of world government. Allow countries to compete for goods and services based off of their innovations, natural resources, regional relationships, and work ethic. Let those countries back their currencies by whatever commodity they want to. Forcing countries to accept a global currency backed by anything also forces countries to give up their right to issue their own money.

Pauls' Revere
03-24-2009, 01:05 AM
No competing currency agaisnt it. Thus, a global monopoly and global control of all who use it.

nayjevin
03-24-2009, 02:22 AM
in theory -- that's what the constitution does, but on a larger scale. the big problem is when the money is not the actual valued commodity itself.

the smaller the locale over which any rule governs, the better. My community ought to be able to trade in silver, while yours trades in gold, or any combination.

Of course, I believe the individual is the only valid political unit, therefore each person should be free to trade in whatever he/she wants.