PDA

View Full Version : Poll: What are the greatest threats to our economy?

Galileo Galilei
03-23-2009, 04:52 PM
Poll: What are the greatest threats to our economy?

1. 16th Amendment, high levels of income taxation

2. 17th Amendment, direct election of Senators and elimination of states from the Republic

3. Excessive regulation

4. Excessive licensing of occupations

5. The War on Drugs

6. The War on Terror

7. The War on Drunk Driving

8. The Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid boondoggle

9. Military spending

10. Unconstititonal pork spending

12. The Federal Reserve Bank

13. Other

Truth Warrior
03-23-2009, 04:59 PM
1. The US Federal government
2. The Yellowstone super volcano
3. A killer asteroid
4. Barbarism

Theocrat
03-23-2009, 05:02 PM
Unregenerate human souls are the greatest threats to our economy. :(

Athan
03-23-2009, 05:14 PM
1. 16th Amendment, high levels of income taxation

3. Excessive regulation

4. Excessive licensing of occupations

5. The War on Drugs

6. The War on Terror

8. The Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid boondoggle

9. Military spending

12. The Federal Reserve Bank

13. Other (Corporate Tax, Corporations considered entities with individual rights, Property Taxes, State Income Tax)

Liberty Star
03-23-2009, 07:19 PM
Tax payer funded pre-emptive, rooted in dumb assumptions marches of freedom around the world.

Kraig
03-23-2009, 07:23 PM
Unregenerate human souls are the greatest threats to our economy. :(

That is absurd.

Theocrat
03-23-2009, 07:38 PM
That is absurd.

Thank you for proving my point.

Kraig
03-23-2009, 07:43 PM
Thank you for proving my point.

Yeah I'm a big threat to our economy. Not being in debt. Not applying for unemployment a few months ago. Working for everything I have. Oh but I don't believe in god, oh noes. :rolleyes:

Let me also add that calling you out for being illogical doesn't prove anything. There is only one group of people destroying this economy and that is the political ruling class. It's not the christians, is not the mexicans, its not the blacks, its not whites, it's not the people who don't acknowledge your santa clause, it's the government. It couldn't be any more obvious. Especially for someone who spends so much time on these forums, you should know this, but you are blinded by your faith.

Theocrat
03-23-2009, 08:00 PM
Yeah I'm a big threat to our economy. Not being in debt. Not applying for unemployment a few months ago. Working for everything I have. Oh but I don't believe in god, oh noes. :rolleyes:

Of course you don't see it because you fail to understand the relationship between morality and the system of economics used by a society. That's not to say that your being out of debt, refusing to seek money for unemployment from government, and working from your own hands are evil. All I'm saying is that when men and women live immorally, their economic actions will be affected by that in some capacity, especially from those who are in power.

Kraig
03-23-2009, 08:07 PM
Of course you don't see it because you fail to understand the relationship between morality and the system of economics used by a society. That's not to say that your being out of debt, refusing to seek money for unemployment from government, and working from your own hands are evil. All I'm saying is that when men and women live immorally, their economic actions will be affected by that in some capacity, especially from those who are in power.

I am going to hold my tongue for now and simply point out that "Unregenerate" has nothing to do with morality, it means not reborn and not having a faith in god.

TurtleBurger
03-23-2009, 08:59 PM
Lack of anarchy

akihabro
03-23-2009, 09:03 PM
Why was Obama not on here? Biased!!! Haha. I voted the Fed. There is still some other choices that are pertinent.

Kraig
03-23-2009, 09:31 PM
Why was Obama not on here? Biased!!! Haha. I voted the Fed. There is still some other choices that are pertinent.

and government covers all of them. :)