PDA

View Full Version : Keeping my word to Glenn Beck

satchelmcqueen
03-23-2009, 04:16 PM
This might not mean anything to anyone here, so if not, move to the next post.

I said last week that if Beck was serious about trying to awaken people about standing up against the government fraud and what he talks about on his show, then he would have to have Ron Paul on his TV show and at the very least ask Paul advice on what we can do to help. And that if he did that, then i would apologize here for casting doubt towards him. Well, he just did that.

So to Glen Beck, i am sorry I have had doubt about your intentions. i still think we are different on some issues but for now, thats OK. Thanks for asking Paul for advice and letting him speak. please have him on for a whole show soon.

hugolp
03-23-2009, 04:27 PM
It was in his radio show. Are you taking the apology back? ;)

satchelmcqueen
03-23-2009, 04:35 PM
It was in his radio show. Are you taking the apology back? ;)

it was just on fox tv too with paul right there via sat :D

hugolp
03-23-2009, 04:49 PM
it was just on fox tv too with paul right there via sat :D

Youtube or it did not happen.

A. Havnes
03-23-2009, 04:52 PM
Youtube or it did not happen.

It'll be up soon, I'm sure.

dannno
03-23-2009, 04:59 PM
Beck will have Ron Paul on for a whole hour show in the near future, but Beck will spend the first half of the show playing tiddly winks with OJ Simpson.

Dripping Rain
03-23-2009, 05:02 PM
imagine folks. just imagine. all Ron Paul supporters today didnt youtube this. because they thought someone will youtube it. but Mr someone for some reason thought someone else will do it but someone else thought somebody else would do it and so on
and the freaks waited for their dose but it never came

dannno
03-23-2009, 05:23 PM
imagine folks. just imagine. all Ron Paul supporters today didnt youtube this. because they thought someone will youtube it. but Mr someone for some reason thought someone else will do it but someone else thought somebody else would do it and so on
and the freaks waited for their dose but it never came

No way..

LittleLightShining
03-24-2009, 05:52 AM
Beck will have Ron Paul on for a whole hour show in the near future, but Beck will spend the first half of the show playing tiddly winks with OJ Simpson.Hah! Yeah, see this is what keeps irking me about Beck. He said a few weeks ago he was going to do a show about the FEMA camps and then he didn't. He said he was going to have a full hour on MIAC and then he didn't. I would take him a lot more seriously if he would "say what he means and means what he says".

acptulsa
03-24-2009, 06:09 AM
Hell, he has warned us. Which gives me more faith than anything in his thought processes, but leaves me no doubt whatsoever as to whether his nation or his bread and butter is more important to him.

The man said himself not to trust him, but to verify all.

They're letting him try to rebuild the credibility of conservative talk media--for now. But the next election is over a year and a half away, so why wouldn't they? Once they've eased our suspicions, they'll be better tools for the elite in 2010 and 2012--or so they hope.

Roxi
03-24-2009, 06:16 AM
Hah! Yeah, see this is what keeps irking me about Beck. He said a few weeks ago he was going to do a show about the FEMA camps and then he didn't. He said he was going to have a full hour on MIAC and then he didn't. I would take him a lot more seriously if he would "say what he means and means what he says".

exactly... he knows he can win us over by just mentioning the things that we find important without following through with any substance... it worked for obama with millions of people, and its working with Glen Beck too... look how many ron paul supporters have been duped into having a glen beck lovefest right here on these forums.

I am glad he is talking about this stuff don't get me wrong... but its a ploy, they have put enough research into liberty supporters over the last 2 years to know what drives us, and exactly how to pull us in and for some people its working. Josh is exactly right with his thoughts on this issue.

Jeremy
03-24-2009, 06:21 AM
exactly... he knows he can win us over by just mentioning the things that we find important without following through with any substance... it worked for obama with millions of people, and its working with Glen Beck too... look how many ron paul supporters have been duped into having a glen beck lovefest right here on these forums.

I am glad he is talking about this stuff don't get me wrong... but its a ploy, they have put enough research into liberty supporters over the last 2 years to know what drives us, and exactly how to pull us in and for some people its working. Josh is exactly right with his thoughts on this issue.
Orrrrrrrrrrrrrr his producers just told him he can't do it. Orrrrrrrrr he was just talking fast and didn't realize what he said at first. Like in the last show right before it ended he told everyone to go to 911Project.com ... his website is 912 Project lol oops

Roxi
03-24-2009, 06:33 AM
Orrrrrrrrrrrrrr his producers just told him he can't do it. Orrrrrrrrr he was just talking fast and didn't realize what he said at first. Like in the last show right before it ended he told everyone to go to 911Project.com ... his website is 912 Project lol oops

do you ever sleep? LOL

and ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR hes a tool, and if I am wrong, and it turns out that GB is for real with his conversion, i would publicly kiss his feet to apologize. I don't doubt that he might agree with some of this stuff, i dont doubt that he has libertarian ideas in his heart. what i do doubt is that this is a sincere switchover and not driven by ratings

Look at all the examples... there is no substance behind what he is saying... why didn't he make a phone call to his congressman on the air about any of these issues? because hes not making those phone calls... he doesn't give a shit about anything but ratings, he doesn't give a shit if this law or that law passes, he doesn't give a shit if ron paul supporters get called terrorists, he does give a shit if we think hes changed and he will do whats necessary to get our support and our eyeballs on his program

Jeremy
03-24-2009, 06:42 AM
do you ever sleep? LOL

and ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR hes a tool, and if I am wrong, and it turns out that GB is for real with his conversion, i would publicly kiss his feet to apologize. I don't doubt that he might agree with some of this stuff, i dont doubt that he has libertarian ideas in his heart. what i do doubt is that this is a sincere switchover and not driven by ratings

Look at all the examples... there is no substance behind what he is saying... why didn't he make a phone call to his congressman on the air about any of these issues? because hes not making those phone calls... he doesn't give a shit about anything but ratings, he doesn't give a shit if this law or that law passes, he doesn't give a shit if ron paul supporters get called terrorists, he does give a shit if we think hes changed and he will do whats necessary to get our support and our eyeballs on his program

http://glennonyourside.ytmnd.com/

acptulsa
03-24-2009, 06:43 AM
he doesn't give a shit about anything but ratings

I'm glad Satchel is honorable enough to keep his promise to Beck. But I doubt sincerely that Beck will be keeping promises to anyone.

Zuras
03-24-2009, 06:56 AM
You sure are a critical, cynical lot, for supposed libertarians.

acptulsa
03-24-2009, 06:59 AM
You sure are a critical, cynical lot, for supposed libertarians.

You obviously haven't been fighting for liberty very long. If at all.

Zuras
03-24-2009, 07:02 AM
You obviously haven't been fighting for liberty very long. If at all.

If everywhere you look you see an enemy, enemies will always be what you find.

Brown Sapper
03-24-2009, 07:12 AM
Just to get this straight-nobody Youtube last nights show

acptulsa
03-24-2009, 07:16 AM
If everywhere you look you see an enemy, enemies will always be what you find.

If everywhere I look I see injustice and affronts to liberty, then I will always find enemies. But this is not the case. Instead, I do not find injustice, lies and affronts to liberty everywhere I look, and I find good people all the time. Just wish I could find more than a dozen in all of the government and media combined.

But I'm not stupid enough to assume. For example, in government where I least expect to find friends, I find people like our own Charles Key. And on this forum, where I most expect to find friends, I also find divisive trolls. $#!+ happens.

Doesn't it, zuras?

Feenix566
03-24-2009, 07:18 AM
I can't believe how crazy you people are. Glen Beck had Ron Paul on his television show, and you're complaining? Get over it!

I saw the show. I don't even know how to record television and post it on YouTube. Sorry.

I have an interesting side note that I'm sure everyone here will completely ignore. I was listening to NPR on the commute home yesterday. (gotta keep my finger on the pulse of the enemy) They were saying that Fox News' ratings have been skyrocketing ever since Obama took office. They played a clip of Glen Beck talking about how he has a growing distaste for both parties, and he sees himself becoming more and more libertarian every day. That's pretty groundbreaknig stuff. I was amazed that NPR is even letting the word "libertarian" get broadcast on their network!

acptulsa
03-24-2009, 07:21 AM
I was amazed that NPR is even letting the word "libertarian" get broadcast on their network!

(gotta keep my finger on the pulse of the enemy)

Obviously they feel the same way you do... :)

And for the record, I have absolutely no problem with Beck preaching for us. I am just advising that we don't get dependent on it, and that we never, ever tell anyone that Beck's every word is golden.

Feenix566
03-24-2009, 07:25 AM
Obviously they feel the same way you do... :)

And for the record, I have absolutely no problem with Beck preaching for us. I am just advising that we don't get dependent on it, and that we never, ever tell anyone that Beck's every word is golden.

Oh, I agree. We support the message. We support Beck because Beck supports the message. We reserve the right to disagree with Beck if he says anything that contradicts the message.

Pennsylvania
03-24-2009, 07:31 AM
glenn beck is the ish
with his mona lisa smile
in my avatar

Auntie Republicrat
03-24-2009, 07:46 AM
FEENIX IS AMAZED: "I was amazed that NPR is even letting the word "libertarian" get broadcast on their network!"

:rolleyes:

...yes, and ?your stinking Republican cheerleaders such as Beck, Ruse Lowbrow, Kneel Boor, etc. Republicrat stinkers galore, define "libertarianism" for the/?your Republicrat herd..Hint for Republicrats: "Libertarianism" is being MISdefined near-constantly by the likes of Beck...(apparently a phony, know-little, conservative Republicreep who, for example, LOUDLY promulgated the (miserable) notion of BOOB BARF as Mr. 'Libertarian' this past election.. :rolleyes:

acptulsa
03-24-2009, 07:49 AM
FEENIX IS AMAZED: "I was amazed that NPR is even letting the word "libertarian" get broadcast on their network!"

...yes, and ?your stinking Republican cheerleaders such as Beck, Ruse Lowbrow, Kneel Boor, etc. Republicrat stinkers galore, define "libertarianism" for the/?your Republicrat herd..Hint for Republicrats: "Libertarianism" is being MISdefined near-constantly by the likes of Beck...(apparently a phony, know-little, conservative Republicreep who, for example, LOUDLY promulgated the (miserable) notion of BOOB BARF as Mr. 'Libertarian' this past election.. :rolleyes:

Quite so. They'll misdefine us to death if we let them.

Zuras
03-24-2009, 07:57 AM
If everywhere I look

Try looking up, in the future, as it flew right over your head.

acptulsa
03-24-2009, 07:59 AM
Try looking up, in the future, as it flew right over your head.

Yeah, I saw that Zuras. You need to get those sights adjusted. You're continually shooting high and wide.

Zuras
03-24-2009, 08:07 AM

They pull the same schtick for "liberals" and "conservatives", do they not? Don't think Libertarians will be treated special. This game of semantical chairs is the hallmark of being "mainstream" in american politivs. Hell, I think it's the only constant in american polical media. Maybe it's a good sign, then. And in any case, what would you even do to stop them from "misdefining"? Hold your breath? Hunger strike? Tell your blog?

Yeah, I saw that Zuras. You need to get those sights adjusted. You're continually shooting high and wide.

Can't teach a horse to drink. But I can find something better to do while they shrivel.

Feenix566
03-24-2009, 08:15 AM

That's why Ron Paul shies away from accepting the label. When asked if he was a libertarian, he responded by saying "yeah, I support liberty, like a lot of people." It's the same reason why Ayn Rand refused to let people call themselves Randians, or even Objectivists. She insisted that people call themselves "students of objectivism", because that clearly conveys the fact that the followers' actions don't always adhere to the ideas they claim to hold.

I personally do not want to be associated with a few people here at the forum who use libertarianism and the american flag as symbols for an agenda of hate. I'm not afraid to say it.

The point is this: the basic idea is taking hold that the government that governs best is the government that governs least. It's getting more and more popular every day. The Democrats' big government agenda is making it more clear. The efforts of people like us to spread the message are having a real impact. Real change doesn't happen overnight. It's a slow process. But we ARE making progress, and that should give us hope.

LittleLightShining
03-24-2009, 08:30 AM

Is this the anti-Aratus?

acptulsa
03-24-2009, 08:33 AM
Is this the anti-Aratus?

ROFL!! I believe you just hit the nail on the head!

Balance is good. :)