PDA

View Full Version : Is Ron Paul and his views growing in Popularity?

jschaefer
03-23-2009, 02:15 PM
I know people who go to this site like Ron Paul but do you see his ideas growing in popularity in the general public. If so, can you give examples.

Thanks,

Jeff

Kludge
03-23-2009, 02:21 PM
I wouldn't base your opinion on anything you read here.

We're a bit biased.

Anyway, I know I've done a lot of talking, and shifted some minds toward Ron Paul last year. Idunno if it's doing much with regards to the big picture, as it doesn't seem we're having much of an impact outside of our own libertarian culture. Honestly, I haven't looked at things in the same manner since becoming a libertarian. I'd say MSM mentions libertarianism and uses terms like neo-conservative more, but I don't really have much to base it on.

Ron Paul is a well-known name, at least -- whatever people associate his name with.

Dripping Rain
03-23-2009, 02:24 PM
yes. my room mate likes him. but hes Canadian so he cant vote for him. its my roomie who brought RP & RPFs to my attention lol

smithtg
03-23-2009, 02:29 PM
i can say one thing, that people are tired of the government intervention crap and taxes. I was with a group of guys having some beers the other night and one of them said, "take a sip, and give the rest to the government to chug" Everyone laughed - people get it and know these guys in government are losers. Whether or not they agree with RP, its hard to say, but that is one fundemental thing RP stands for and that is less taxes and more freedom

jschaefer
03-23-2009, 02:41 PM
First of all...thanks for the responses so far. I've read Ron Paul's book and some other stuff. what I can't believe is how much people ignore or violate the constitution. I'm starting to feel a bit depressed or better yet frustrated about it lately. Is there anything people or individuals can do?

torchbearer
03-23-2009, 02:45 PM
First of all...thanks for the responses so far. I've read Ron Paul's book and some other stuff. what I can't believe is how much people ignore or violate the constitution. I'm starting to feel a bit depressed or better yet frustrated about it lately. Is there anything people or individuals can do?

well, you can use this forum as a support group.
no that you are not alone. that is where you start.

Then debating on the forums will help you refine your arguments for use in real world conversations.

silverhawks
03-23-2009, 02:46 PM
I think that once people get past the blatant smears he suffered from during the Republican primaries and get to know more about him and his politics, THEN they like him. Everything he has ever said about the economy has been spot on, and economy is the issue on everyone's minds. He's honest, and his views are respectable, and his voting record is flawless.

True, he isn't perfect; but then, I don't think we should expect our politicians to be perfect - they are human beings just like us, with our flaws and our temptations - and that's why we need to take back governance and build in more safeguards so that politicians can't game the system to benefit them while the people starve.

Athan
03-23-2009, 05:01 PM

Secure your assets.
For instance: Save money and get out of debt and buy gold, silver. Whatever happens your asset value now won't be hit by inflation.

Prepare for ailing economy and rising crime because of it.
Buy a firearm some ammo and learn how to use it.

Help yourself ween off the system in the event it deteriorates further
Start storing canned food. Keep all of your money out of banks to force banks to be fiscally responsible and reduce the central banks influence, stop using credit cards completely, and get socially networked with fellow Ron Paul supporters who are generally interested in avoiding being screwed over.

Once you start doing that, your depression starts to fade. It won't help your solve your sense of pity when knowing others are going to be suffering when this whole thing comes crashing down, but it was they who voted for the idiots who created this mess and it is their responsibility to get control of their environment to begin with.

Xenophage
03-23-2009, 05:14 PM
Hard to say.

More people know who is. More people are listening to him.

Is he more appreciated? Don't know.

Eric21ND
03-23-2009, 06:13 PM
It's actually surprising how the phrase "printing money out of thin air" has entered the vernacular. When frickin Bill Maher is saying the phrase something is going on, because Bill is dense when it comes to economic matters. Also bringing up the FED and criticizing its role is also openly talked about...and peoples eyes don't glaze over anymore...its like an odd Twilight Zone episode.