PDA

View Full Version : Man Arrested for Feeding the Homeless!

WarDog
03-23-2009, 01:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsvcwQEFKAI&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatreallyhappened.com%2F&feature=player_embedded

acptulsa
03-23-2009, 02:06 PM
He should sue, even if he has to go to the SCOTUS. If he can prove he goes regularly to a Christian church, he's got a case for violation of the seperation of church and state.

pcosmar
03-23-2009, 02:17 PM
Damn, :mad:

That is just rude.

Once again, the police were "just doing their jobs."

where have I heard that before?

Time for Change
03-23-2009, 02:20 PM
The government cannot have these ordinary citizens feeding the not-so-fortunate people...
that'll take away the need for government food programs, and all those essential additives in the food...

Can't have that now can we.

specsaregood
03-23-2009, 02:34 PM
Then you go and tell people that the "elite" want people to starve and they call you nuts....

Bodhi
03-23-2009, 02:38 PM
How the heck can you put anyone in jail for giving away food? I guess he should have only gave food to 24 people, once you hit number 25 you are breaking the law. Absolutely disgusting.

Dorfsmith
03-23-2009, 04:33 PM
Fascists. :(

kathy88
03-23-2009, 05:01 PM
Un.fucking.believable.

Theocrat
03-23-2009, 05:22 PM
It seems to me that Orlando's city ordinance is implemented to decrease the number of homeless people out in public. Since Orlando is a huge tourist city, they want it to look as clean and respectable as possible to keep tourists visiting there. I don't think the city council would have a problem with its constituents feeding the poor, as long as it's done on private property, like a home or church. The police are there simply to enforce a municipal code which was legislated by representatives of the city public, presumably for the aesthetic benefit of the entire city. That is the nature of local government.

newbitech
03-23-2009, 06:04 PM
I have to wonder about times in the past when I have attended picnics with a youth baseball team. I guess if you "look" homeless then that is where the problems come in. I mean was the guy who was arrested advertising or something? Regardless, what kind of city passes laws like this? Who votes for these people? And why the hell are cops going undercover in the park counting how many people are in line for food? So embarrassed by my fellow countrymen.

LibForestPaul
03-23-2009, 06:11 PM
He was initial arrested for "id issues" ?
Please explain. I know we are heaing to Soviet Era comrade, but...?