PDA

View Full Version : What is this?

A. Havnes
03-23-2009, 01:17 PM
http://uspublicserviceacademy.org/

I need a facepalm pic! This is getting just retarded, and I'm not going to school to learn how to serve the community.

The U.S. Public Service Academy will be the civilian counterpart to the military service academies, a flagship institution designed to build a "more perfect union" by developing leaders of skill and character dedicated to service in the public sector.

At the Academy, more than 5000 students will get a federally-subsidized undergraduate education focused on service and leadership development, followed by five years of service in public sector jobs following graduation. The Academy will develop a new generation of top-quality civilian leaders and will help transform the way Americans perceive, prepare for, and pursue public service.

And guess what? In the site's Draft Blueprint, it says that this thing is going to be federally subsidized!

There's more:

In a nutshell, what is the U.S. Public Service Academy?
The U.S. Public Service Academy will be an undergraduate institution devoted to developing civilian leaders. Modeled on the military academies, the Academy will offer four years of tuition-free education in exchange for five years of civilian service following graduation.

Good thing it seems that they only accept high achievers, so just do crappy in school and the academy won't even look at you!

acptulsa
03-23-2009, 01:23 PM
And how long before they restrict new members of Congress to those who have graduated from this?

Well, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. They've usurped everything else that was once the sole provence of state governments...

JoshLowry
03-23-2009, 01:28 PM
Looks like it is voluntary. Meh.

pcosmar
03-23-2009, 02:01 PM
Looks like it is voluntary. Meh.

You mean"Voluntary" like Income Tax?

JoshLowry
03-23-2009, 02:01 PM
You mean"Voluntary" like Income Tax?

Hopefully not that kind of voluntary! :p

Invalid