PDA

View Full Version : Run our own scientific phone poll?

Gee
05-31-2007, 10:58 PM
If people don't trust the "official" polls, whats stopping us? It shouldn't be difficult to figure out what the best statistical method for conducting a blind scientific phone poll. It shouldn't be hard to record the poll and document everything to ensure no one could look at it and claim it was unscientific.

Just a suggestion...

Bradley in DC
05-31-2007, 11:00 PM
I think we might be better off placing campaign calls to registered Republicans in Iowa and New Hampshire. Let's CHANGE the polls!

JoshLowry
06-01-2007, 11:30 AM
I think we might be better off placing campaign calls to registered Republicans in Iowa and New Hampshire. Let's CHANGE the polls!

I like both ideas, but where do we get an Iowa phone book?

Any tips on how to do this?

Can we get fined if people are on Do Not Call Registries?

torchbearer
06-01-2007, 11:50 AM
to run a scientific poll of that size could cost as little as 10grand... plus i recommend a sociologist over-see the development of the poll mechanics.

Elwar
06-04-2007, 04:04 PM
You can do both, the poll and a campaign call.

For New Hampshire just start at (603) 752-3000, work your way up the numbers until you get the amount of primary voters you want (I saw 600 in one poll).

Ask them if they plan on voting in the primary. Ask if they plan on voting for a Rep,Dem, other or undecided.
List the names of the candidates (in alphabetical order), ask who they'll vote for.

After you're finished mention that you've become aware that many polled have never heard of Ron Paul before and give them about 3 or 4 facts about him, thank them for their participation, and that's it.

It'll certainly be unscientific because you're certainly not accredited and you have no history of polling to point to. So it would be only for your own satisfaction and satisfaction for those that trust you.