PDA

View Full Version : Benton: "Sanford’s the type of candidate that Dr. Paul could get excited about”

Lucille
03-23-2009, 07:52 AM
Conservatives Size Up Sanford for 2012 (http://washingtonindependent.com/35222/conservatives-size-up-sanford-for-2012)
South Carolina Governor Winning Support Among Big GOP Donors, Ron Paul Supporters

Several 2008 candidates will go after these elements of the GOP, but Sanford might build another source of early support: the anti-government supporters of Rep. Ron Paul, who raised $35 million for their candidate in the presidential primaries. Paul and Sanford had been friendly when both men served in the House, said Paul’s spokesman Jesse Benton, the congressman’s grandson-in-law. “If Dr. Paul voted no on a bill and Sanford voted yes,” said Benton, “Sanford would come up to Dr. Paul afterward and talk it over. He would give a thoughtful consideration to why he’d voted the other way.”

According to Benton, Sanford is one of the only Republicans Paul might outright endorse if he ran for president—and if Paul doesn’t mount his own bid. “He’s the type of candidate that Dr. Paul could get excited about,” said Benton. “A lot of the people from our movement could find a lot to like in Mark Sanford.”

Sanford’s profile has grown dramatically among Paul supporters, aided by a profile in the American Conservative that collected page after page of take-no-prisoners quotes from the governor. Paul supporters are quick to point out that that no one can count on them to buy in on another candidate the way they bought in one the congressman from Texas. “The well-articulated freedom message that Ron Paul educated a generation about will be standard by which anyone else will be judged,” said Ernest Hancock, an Arizona libertarian activist who designed Paul’s unofficial “r3VOLution” logo. “Whether or not Sanford is someone we can support is going to be figured out by the 23-year olds with Internet connections who find out where he really stands within 15 minutes of Googling around.”

trey4sports
03-23-2009, 10:35 AM
until sanford truly endorses ending the war on drugs, immediate withdrawl from the UN/IMF/WTO, ending the Iraq War, non-intervention, and ending the FED He'll be labeled a neo-con in my book. the mere fact he didnt give Ron Paul his endorsment makes me madder'n'hell

He Who Pawns
03-23-2009, 10:41 AM
The one thing that Sanford could do to boost his standing would be to come out for an end to the "war on drugs." It would light the college campuses on fire, and draw support away from Obama. Also, if he guaranteed to balance the budget, that would be huge, too.

JoshLowry
03-23-2009, 10:42 AM
until sanford truly endorses ending the war on drugs, immediate withdrawl from the UN/IMF/WTO, ending the Iraq War, non-intervention, and ending the FED He'll be labeled a neo-con in my book. the mere fact he didnt give Ron Paul his endorsment makes me madder'n'hell

Same page as you...

Mani
03-23-2009, 10:45 AM
I remember during a fundraiser with Dr. Paul during the campaign days, I asked Jesse Benton who would be Dr. Paul's running mate. He said Dr. Paul had not mentioned anyone but the staff wanted Mark Sanford and mentioned Dr. Paul had some good ties with him.

rockandrollsouls
03-23-2009, 05:18 PM
Conservatives Size Up Sanford for 2012 (http://washingtonindependent.com/35222/conservatives-size-up-sanford-for-2012)
South Carolina Governor Winning Support Among Big GOP Donors, Ron Paul Supporters

Another instance in which Benton shows his clear stupidity and ignorance.

Invalid
03-23-2009, 05:23 PM
I can't get excited about Sanford..

I might vote for him..maybe but excited no.

MRoCkEd
03-23-2009, 05:27 PM
http://www.amconmag.com/article/2009/mar/09/00006/

Sanford’s conservative credentials compare favorably to anyone else mentioned as a 2012 presidential contender. He calls the public-education system “a Soviet-style monopoly.” He promoted school choice through tax rebates to avoid the appearance of government control. He passed a “Castle doctrine” bill that was supported by the NRA. He favors a law-and-order approach to immigration, but opposed REAL ID on civil liberties grounds. Though he avoids showy displays of piety, he is reliably pro-life.

But the governor edges closer to pure libertarianism at times. He rolls his eyes at the Columbia sheriff’s department’s zeal in investigating Michael Phelps’s recreational pot use. And he criticizes Alan Greenspan’s management of the “opaque” Federal Reserve. “If you take human nature out of a Fed, it might work,” he explains. “But you can’t. You can have these wise men. But who wants to turn off the spigot at a party that’s rolling?“

He also deviates from the Republican line on foreign policy. In Congress, he opposed Clinton’s intervention in Kosovo. And he was one of only two Republicans to vote against the 1998 resolution to make regime change in Iraq the official policy of the United States. He says that it was a “protest vote” in which he tried to reassert the legislature’s war-declaring powers. When asked about the invasion of Iraq, he extends his critique beyond the constitutional niceties. “I don’t believe in preemptive war,” he says flatly. “For us to hold the moral high ground in the world, our default position must be defensive.”

Athan
03-23-2009, 05:32 PM
If Ron Paul endorses him I will stand behind him.
I may get excited if he will immediately end the war on drugs, the federal reserve, and endorse non-interventionalism.

I really can't see a better candidate than the Dr. Paul's and Goldwaters.

rockandrollsouls
03-23-2009, 05:46 PM
I may get excited if he will immediately end the war on drugs, the federal reserve, and endorse non-interventionalism.

It really is Ron's time to run in 2012. He needs to go for it or we lose out.

Theocrat
03-23-2009, 05:55 PM

What about the Baldwins (http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com/)?

PatriotOne
03-23-2009, 05:55 PM
Sanford lost all my confidencee when he said scumbag TX Gov Rick Perry was the future of the Republican Party. Sanford is either an idiot or a neo-con. Either way...we lose.

brandon
03-23-2009, 05:58 PM
Sanford endorsed McCain.

/thread

Athan
03-23-2009, 06:01 PM

Yup. I voted for Baldwin because he was endorsed Cynthia McKinney, Ralph Nader, and Alan Keyes are good people I will always get behind as well.

literatim
03-23-2009, 06:01 PM

If Chuck Baldwin would join the GOP and run in the primary, he would have a shot. Otherwise, it'll be impossible for him to get elected.

Yup. I voted for Baldwin because he was endorsed Cynthia McKinney, Ralph Nader, and Alan Keyes are good people I will always get behind as well.

Uh, warmonger Keyes?

0zzy
03-23-2009, 06:08 PM
i can hardly read these forums. anyone who isn't Dr. Paul or 100% with him is labeled a "neocon", it's ridiculous.

JoshLowry
03-23-2009, 06:11 PM
i can hardly read these forums. anyone who isn't Dr. Paul or 100% with him is labeled a "neocon", it's ridiculous.\

Give me liberty or give me death.

I'll never support a politician that tosses me scraps.

0zzy
03-23-2009, 06:24 PM
\

Give me liberty or give me death.

I'll never support a politician that tosses me scraps.

So he's a politician that tosses you scraps. That isn't the definition of a neocon, so if you want to criticize him do it intellectually rather than name calling that doesn't even mean anything.

dr. hfn
03-23-2009, 06:29 PM
We need to work on Sanford. I'd rather have Gary Johnson, Goldwater Jr., or Judge Napolitano, or BJ Lawson!

nbhadja
03-23-2009, 06:37 PM
i can hardly read these forums. anyone who isn't Dr. Paul or 100% with him is labeled a "neocon", it's ridiculous.

He endorsed McCain.
He thinks Rick Perry is the future of the Republican Party.
He was invited to Blinderberg.

Those are the reasons we do not trust him. Notice how we have no problems with the Judge or Gary Johnson.

He is a plant. He does not care about you, but only for the Neocons like McCain and Perry.

He Who Pawns
03-23-2009, 06:46 PM
has anyone grilled him on the weed issue yet??

TheConstitutionLives
03-23-2009, 07:11 PM
It really is Ron's time to run in 2012. He needs to go for it or we lose out.

Paul is TOO OLD. He'll never get enough votes based on that alone.

TheConstitutionLives
03-23-2009, 07:13 PM
He was invited to Blinderberg.

He is a plant.

- ANOTHER conspiracy. I'm not surprised. :rolleyes:

Imperial
03-23-2009, 07:30 PM
Sanford is more conservative than libertarian. But he is one of the conservatives that actually acts on what he believes in, rather than compromising everything away.

nbhadja
03-23-2009, 07:54 PM
- ANOTHER conspiracy. I'm not surprised. :rolleyes:

What is so conspiracy about that??
It is a fact that they are planing a NWO, and the blinderberg meetings are full of the NWO leaders while the press is banned. They obviously do not invite anti globalists like Ron Paul and Gary Johnson, but only globalists.

Sanfords actions of supporting McCain and Perry make him a suspicious character.

nayjevin
03-23-2009, 08:03 PM
is it just me or does Sanford seem like Reagan 2?

many say reagan never lost his conservatism, just lost his ability to say no to advisors. Ron Paul would not do that, Goldwater Jr. would not do that, BJ Lawson would not do that, Rand would not do that, Lew Rockwell, the Judge.

I'm afraid it looks like Sanford would steal votes from our real candidate.

nayjevin
03-23-2009, 08:09 PM

yup.

of course it is possible for a person to not realize mccain is pure evil, and be blinded by party in that situation - and still be Good Americans™ (my grandparents!), but that is a huge red flag right there. it's vital to have someone whose principles don't bend.

TER
03-23-2009, 08:10 PM
The way I see it-

Paul/Sanford ticket.

We win.

jmlfod87
03-23-2009, 08:15 PM
Benton: "Sanford’s the type of candidate that Dr. Paul could get excited about”

and wasn't Reagan? And how did that turn out? I don't trust Republican governors.

nayjevin
03-23-2009, 08:34 PM
I don't trust Republican governors.loll

Why should I vote for Ron Paul? He's a governor from Texas - just like Bush. They are therefore identical.

/sarcasm

RSLudlum
03-23-2009, 08:43 PM
Benton: "Sanford’s the type of candidate that Dr. Paul could get excited about”

and wasn't Reagan? And how did that turn out? I don't trust Republican governors.

I understand your arguement but Sanford has been fighting our state R's ever since his 1st term started. In 2004, 105 of his 106 budget vetoes were overriden (http://www.accessmylibrary.com/coms2/summary_0286-1460191_ITM)and he even came out last year against state funded 'faith based' license plates, which had me scratchin my head because in SC all you need to get a license plate produced is an initial 400 prepaid orders of the plate design.

"While I do, in fact, 'believe' - it is my personal view that the largest proclamation of one's faith ought to be in how one lives one's life," Sanford wrote. "Galatians talks of the fruit of the spirit as peace, patience, kindness, gentleness and more - and, accordingly, if God is working in one's life, these things will say what no license plate will ever say."

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/06/gov-sanford-on.html

But I still don't know how well he'd fair in the hell-hole swamp of DC.

emazur
03-23-2009, 08:54 PM
If you're gonna rag on Sanford, you're gonna have to rag on Goldwater, Jr. as well - though he endorsed RP he also stated:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/barry-m-goldwater-jr/why-barry-goldwater-could_b_137389.html
Being Barry Goldwater's son and living in Arizona, one would assume that I would be voting for our state's senator, John McCain. Well, I am. The decision truly is a no-brainer.

So enough with the "if he ain't 100% w/ Ron Paul then he's a neocon hack" attitude.

JoshLowry
03-23-2009, 08:57 PM
I'll say it.

Fuck Barry Goldwater Jr.

/internet tough guy

rockandrollsouls
03-23-2009, 08:57 PM

sanford isn't exactly a staunch freedom fighter, buddy. :rolleyes:

I'm the first person to defend candidates we should be supporting, but sanford is not one of them. Talking head.

rockandrollsouls
03-23-2009, 08:59 PM
Paul is TOO OLD. He'll never get enough votes based on that alone.

No, that's simply your opinion. People will sooner vote for a person who was right and warned them than deny him because of his age. Trust me on that one.

trey4sports
03-23-2009, 09:02 PM
If you're gonna rag on Sanford, you're gonna have to rag on Goldwater, Jr. as well - though he endorsed RP he also stated:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/barry-m-goldwater-jr/why-barry-goldwater-could_b_137389.html
Being Barry Goldwater's son and living in Arizona, one would assume that I would be voting for our state's senator, John McCain. Well, I am. The decision truly is a no-brainer.

So enough with the "if he ain't 100% w/ Ron Paul then he's a neocon hack" attitude.

complete bullshit
Jr. was campaigning for us, he did everything he possibly could for RP and the movement. He has openely supported our positions. when the time came to support a general candidate he supported McCain, i dont agree but supported all our positions so hes alright in my book. Sanford did nothing for us,and he hasnt mentioned ending the fed, non-intervention, ending the war on drugs or anything signifigant. hes a fucking watered down reagan which makes him a watered down version of a watered down version of Ron Paul!!!

why in gods name has RPF started riding Sanfords nuts?? im serious, give me an answer.

he opposes pork, big fucking deal. he wants a smaller budget, whoopdy fucking doo, where is the talk of ending the drug war? howabout bringing our troops home from 139 countries? whatabout the fucking FEDERAL RESERVE!?

I absolutely cannot understand how so many people rallying against the fed and being "awoke" can just blindly follow someone who fucking promotes Rick FUCKING Perry? jesus christ........

JoshLowry
03-23-2009, 09:03 PM
Sanford is a troll.

GTFO troll.

trey4sports
03-23-2009, 09:04 PM
I'll say it.

Fuck Barry Goldwater Jr.

/internet tough guy

Josh the E-Thug:cool:

TheConstitutionLives
03-23-2009, 09:05 PM
No, that's simply your opinion. People will sooner vote for a person who was right and warned them than deny him because of his age. Trust me on that one.

You think the press isn't going to bring that up if he ever got that far? C'mon. They talked about it nonstop with McCain. Paul is too old for the general public to get behind b/c the media will remind them continuously and the general public doesn't vote based on character. We're talking about the same country where more people vote for American Idol than they do for President. They'll say Paul was right about a coming economic collapse but no way in hell will the public support letting these firms run free which is the libertarian solution. They don't understand the root of the issue. They hear about the greed of Wall Street everyday.

TheConstitutionLives
03-23-2009, 09:06 PM
Sanford is a troll.

GTFO troll.

A "troll" ?

TheConstitutionLives
03-23-2009, 09:09 PM
What is so conspiracy about that??
It is a fact that they are planing a NWO, and the blinderberg meetings are full of the NWO leaders while the press is banned. They obviously do not invite anti globalists like Ron Paul and Gary Johnson, but only globalists.

Sanfords actions of supporting McCain and Perry make him a suspicious character.

Give me a break. Sanford may not be Jesus Christ but he's no "globalists NWO plant". Some of you guys are afraid of your own shadows. Jones has you not trusting your mailman.

JoshLowry
03-23-2009, 09:09 PM
Give me a break. Sanford may not be Jesus Christ but he's no "globalists NWO plant". Some of you guys are afraid of your own shadows. Jones has you not trusting your mailman.

Sanford is a trojan horse.

Mark my words.

TheConstitutionLives
03-23-2009, 09:13 PM

Mark my words.

Then so is Ronald McDonald. I don't have a whole lot of evidence to support this but trust me on this one.

"A trojan horse"? Good grief. We're 3 years away and the guy hasn't even remotely laid out any kind of national policy platform yet.

Did he get his orders at his one time attendance to the bilderburg conference or something? Maybe he was curious and wanted to see what it was about. It doesn't mean he's the spawn of Satan.

itshappening
03-23-2009, 09:14 PM
dont forget RP was duped by Reagan once too...

JoshLowry
03-23-2009, 09:16 PM
Then so is Ronald McDonald. I don't have a whole lot of evidence to support this but trust me on this one.

"A trojan horse"? Good grief. We're 3 years away and the guy hasn't even remotely laid out any kind of national policy platform yet.

Did he get his orders at his one time attendance to the bilderburg conference or something? Maybe he was curious and wanted to see what it was about. It doesn't mean he's the spawn of Satan.

Sanford doesn't support anything.

He rolled his eyes at the drug war and called the federal reserve "opaque"

That's not calling for an end to either of them, that's pandering.

TheConstitutionLives
03-23-2009, 09:19 PM
Sanford doesn't support anything.

He rolled his eyes at the drug war and called the federal reserve "opaque"

That's not calling for an end to either of them, that's pandering.

And I guess b/c Paul doesn't say Jews blew up the twin towers he's pandering as well.

You're not being realistic. Give the man a little time before lynching him. We're a long ways off. It's possible that Sanford is not the economists that Paul is and isn't very familiar with the fed issue. 99.9% of the public isn't familiar with the issue either. They're not all trojan horses.

enjoiskaterguy
03-23-2009, 09:21 PM

I haven't checked him out that much yet, but if what you say is true, then I agree...neo-con for ever.

NO HALF-ASSED CANDIDATES. I swear... Benton needs to grow a pair and tell Dr. Paul that the time is NOW to run again. Ron Paul 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

malkusm
03-23-2009, 09:21 PM
Gary Johnson 2012

You may now return to your regularly scheduled Sanford-bashing.

JoshLowry
03-23-2009, 09:23 PM
And I guess b/c Paul doesn't say Jews blew up the twin towers he's pandering as well.

You're not being realistic. Give the man a little time before lynching him. We're a long ways off. It's possible that Sanford is not the economists that Paul is and isn't very familiar with the fed issue. 99.9% of the public isn't familiar with the issue either. They're not all trojan horses.

I think you give Sanford too much credit. I am probably too cautious.

Time will tell.

See you in 18 months.

TheConstitutionLives
03-23-2009, 09:24 PM
Gary Johnson 2012

You may now return to your regularly scheduled Sanford-bashing.

Gary Johnson is for PRIVATE PRISONS so he's a trojan horse. Mark my words. He's playing like he's for ending the drug war while supporting the very people who depend on the drug war. Yep, he's a plant by Lord Rothchild. Don't trust him!

:rolleyes:

He Who Pawns
03-23-2009, 09:24 PM
what is sanford's position on the unconstitutional "war on drugs"?

rockandrollsouls
03-23-2009, 09:25 PM
You think the press isn't going to bring that up if he ever got that far? C'mon. They talked about it nonstop with McCain. Paul is too old for the general public to get behind b/c the media will remind them continuously and the general public doesn't vote based on character. We're talking about the same country where more people vote for American Idol than they do for President. They'll say Paul was right about a coming economic collapse but no way in hell will the public support letting these firms run free which is the libertarian solution. They don't understand the root of the issue. They hear about the greed of Wall Street everyday.

Grossly flawed logic. McCain got a considerable amount of the vote despite his age, despite the 8 years of a failed Bush administration, and despite his age.

Ron has been right, people know it, he's got a lot of people warming up to him, people in the establishment admitting they'd vote for him if given the chance again.....age isn't as big of a factor as you'd think. You're entitled to your opinion, though. Just want you to know it's wrong.

TheConstitutionLives
03-23-2009, 09:25 PM
I think you give Sanford too much credit. I am probably too cautious.

Time will tell.

- ME??? I'm the one saying folks need to chill out on the dude until we know more about where he stands. "Time will tell" is what I'm saying to you.

TheConstitutionLives
03-23-2009, 09:28 PM
Grossly flawed logic. McCain got a considerable amount of the vote despite his age, despite the 8 years of a failed Bush administration, and despite his age.

Ron has been right, people know it, he's got a lot of people warming up to him, people in the establishment admitting they'd vote for him if given the chance again.....age isn't as big of a factor as you'd think.

- No, McCain got that many votes b/c most regular voters didn't want a black man to be president and McCain was their best chance at stopping that from happening.

"You're entitled to your opinion, though. Just want you to know it's wrong" - That statement is an oxymoron.

enjoiskaterguy
03-23-2009, 09:29 PM

HAHAHAHAHAAHA...i know man, its great. Those sons of bitches are putting colored circle stickers on everyone's mailboxes for the NWO, UN military that will soon over-ride our soverignty...This Cop from texas(i think from texas?) talked about this at the Washington D.C march last year.

ps. Today I was driving and I saw a european mini-coupe care that was in sky blue color and had a big globalist UN design on the back and side doors of the car....NO JOKE.

http://www.iceland.org/media/securitycouncil/large/un_logo.jpg

...the image on the side of the car had an actual satalitte picture of the planet...so it differed a little from the usual UN sign.

rockandrollsouls
03-23-2009, 09:30 PM
- No, McCain got that many votes b/c most regular voters didn't want a black man to be president and McCain was their best chance at stopping that from happening.

"You're entitled to your opinion, though. Just want you to know it's wrong" - That statement is an oxymoron.

Your logic is flawed and you're pulling your "evidence" out of your ass. What I said was fact. You're merely speculating to try and support your view point. Get over yourself, buddy.

TheConstitutionLives
03-23-2009, 09:31 PM
what is sanford's position on the unconstitutional "war on drugs"?

He's probably against the FEDERAL war on drugs but I can't say I've ever read his thoughts on the matter.

Folks keep saying "Unless he's for stopping the war on drugs........" without acknowledging that it's only unconstitutional at the federal level. For a president to abolish the WoD at the state level would be just as unconstitutional as supportin it at the federal level.

JoshLowry
03-23-2009, 09:32 PM
- ME??? I'm the one saying folks need to chill out on the dude until we know more about where he stands. "Time will tell" is what I'm saying to you.

I'm just trying to hold off all the "let's support sanford" members from gaining any kind of critical mass with my flamboyant posts.

TheConstitutionLives
03-23-2009, 09:33 PM
Your logic is flawed and you're pulling your "evidence" out of your ass. What I said was fact. You're merely speculating to try and support your view point. Get over yourself, buddy.

You're ignorant. You can't PROVE what I said wasn't the case just as I can't PROVE my opinion is the case. It's not a factually based argument. So, no, your opinion is NOT "fact". Sorry.

rockandrollsouls
03-23-2009, 09:37 PM
You're ignorant. You can't PROVE what I said wasn't the case just as I can't PROVE my opinion is the case. It's not factually based argument. So, no, your opinion is NOT "fact". Sorry.

You're right, you CAN'T prove your opinion. And, again, since you can't seem to digest it, McCain received a sizable portion of the vote DESPITE his AGE and PARTY AFFILIATION.

And, guess what? Even if you are right, guess who will be running for reelection in 2012?!:rolleyes:

TheConstitutionLives
03-23-2009, 09:40 PM
You're right, you CAN'T prove your opinion. And, again, since you can't seem to digest it, McCain received a sizable portion of the vote DESPITE his AGE and PARTY AFFILIATION.

And, guess what? Even if you are right, guess who will be running for reelection in 2012?!:rolleyes:

Hang on. We're talking about two different things here. I'm talking about the primaries. Paul's age will push alot of people to Sanford and the others.

Matt Collins
03-23-2009, 09:41 PM
Another instance in which Benton shows his clear stupidity and ignorance.HA HA HA HA. How so?

rockandrollsouls
03-23-2009, 09:45 PM
HA HA HA HA. How so?

Well let's see...he was completely ineffective in the primary, terrible in c4l, can't book good interviews, rude to other people, and now he's speaking for Ron and propping up Sanford. It's a load of shit. Benton is a bum who deserves to be fired. He isolates people within our own movement with his attitude and the way he attempts to control and run things.

rockandrollsouls
03-23-2009, 09:47 PM
Hang on. We're talking about two different things here. I'm talking about the primaries. Paul's age will push alot of people to Sanford and the others.

Doesn't matter whether it's the primaries or GE. In the end, he's most likely facing Obama in the final battle and if people won't vote for a black man like you said looks like Ron is getting votes anyway, and he WON'T be following a failed administration from his own party and he WON'T be supporting a very unpopular war. Sounds good for us, no?

enjoiskaterguy
03-23-2009, 09:47 PM
OMG...now when did you guys first start thinking that Dr. Paul would care about what the media would say about his age?....Ron Paul COULD CARE LESS..neither should you...when has the media been toward us in the first place. We can not rely on them anyway....its all about alternative media and doing the work ourselves. we can't trust people like Glen Beck to be our media saviour forever or anyone...all playing the game of politics. They will go back to being the neo-cons they are when they elect another bush-figure to office. The Mainstream Media is playing the "Good Cop, Bad Cop" ruetine. Its ALL fake. Yes, EVEN GLEN BECK...even though I can't argue too much with what he is saying right now.

TheConstitutionLives
03-23-2009, 09:50 PM
Doesn't matter whether it's the primaries or GE. In the end, he's most likely facing Obama in the final battle and if people won't vote for a black man like you said looks like Ron is getting votes anyway, and he WON'T be following a failed administration from his own party and he WON'T be supporting a very unpopular war. Sounds good for us, no?

- If he could get the GOP nod but I don't see that happening. Wish it weren't so. The best realistic scenario for us is that the liberty philosophy grows to unprecendeted levels so that some other politician, like a BJ Lawson, can take up the mantle and run with it.

TheConstitutionLives
03-23-2009, 09:53 PM
OMG...now when did you guys first start thinking that Dr. Paul would care about what the media would say about his age?....Ron Paul COULD CARE LESS..neither should you...when has the media been toward us in the first place. We can not rely on them anyway....its all about alternative media and doing the work ourselves. we can't trust people like Glen Beck to be our media saviour forever or anyone...all playing the game of politics. They will go back to being the neo-cons they are when they elect another bush-figure to office. The Mainstream Media is playing the "Good Cop, Bad Cop" ruetine. Its ALL fake. Yes, EVEN GLEN BECK...even though I can't argue too much with what he is saying right now.

- No one ever said Paul would care about the age thing.

I expect Glenn to jump back on the Romney wagon. Though I hope not.

enjoiskaterguy
03-23-2009, 09:57 PM
- No one ever said Paul would care about the age thing.

I expect Glenn to jump back on the Romney wagon. Though I hope not.

actually he said he would endorse Sarah PALIN...what a R.I.N.O(Republican In Name Only)

JoshLowry
03-23-2009, 10:02 PM
Mark my words, we will not get anywhere if we support Gary Johnson. Sanford can and must be trusted. He voted with Ron Paul in the congress numerous times having the 2 only the nay votes.
It is quite suspicious why everyone here is quick to bash him.

Ha, good thing we didn't have a message board before the 2008 race.

Ron Paul was a nobody in March 2007.

At least we have a base and network now to spread the word on Johnson.

TheConstitutionLives
03-23-2009, 10:02 PM
actually he said he would endorse Sarah PALIN...what a R.I.N.O(Republican In Name Only)

Why did you put the AGE thing as your signature? I don't care about his age either. I'll still vote for him. But, I don't think most primary voting republicans will and thats what I was talking about.

JoshLowry
03-23-2009, 10:06 PM
Spread the word of Johnson and well be sitting right here March 23, 2013.

With 1,000,000+ more awakened.

trey4sports
03-23-2009, 10:08 PM

spread the word of Sanford and well have 4 more years of status quo.... go back to sleep

JoshLowry
03-23-2009, 10:09 PM
spread the word of Sanford and well have 4 more years of status quo.... go back to sleep

+1

Sanford won't wake up anyone more than Bush or McCain woke people up.

rockandrollsouls
03-23-2009, 10:10 PM

Sanford hasn't discussed any of our important issues. I'm all for giving candidates a fair shot but Sanford already blew it to me.

TheConstitutionLives
03-23-2009, 10:12 PM
Sanford hasn't discussed any of our important issues. I'm all for giving candidates a fair shot but Sanford already blew it to me.

He's already blew it for you when you don't even know where he stands yet?

rockandrollsouls
03-23-2009, 10:18 PM
He's already blew it for you when you don't even know where he stands yet?

He's been pandering we have youtubes of him making statements he tried to hide he's completely caught off guard the man is a fraud. And, he clearly doesn't have a backbone because even when he's asked hard questions he doesn't give an answer with conviction or one he believes. It's always vague, open to interpretation, and he's positioning himself for a run. Give me someone who's honest and will mean what they say, even if I don't agree with them 100%. You want Sanford to turn out like another bush, because he's acting in the same puppet way so far. just my opinion, of course.

He Who Pawns
03-23-2009, 10:21 PM
will Sanford end the unconstitutional "war on drugs"? yes or no.

trey4sports
03-23-2009, 10:27 PM
will Sanford end the unconstitutional "war on drugs"? yes or no.

ive been trying to find that answer for a while now, so far my search has not given me a clear answer. I dont know where he stands on the issue, i doubt he would come out against it though.

google the issue, you wont find a clear answer

He Who Pawns
03-23-2009, 10:29 PM
ive been trying to find that answer for a while now, so far my search has not given me a clear answer. I dont know where he stands on the issue, i doubt he would come out against it though.

google the issue, you wont find a clear answer

to me, this holds out a tiny bit of hope. call me crazy. :confused:

i hope mark will step forward with a constitutional platform, including the federal legalization of weed, and a promise to balance the budget in one year.

scandinaviany3
03-24-2009, 07:29 PM
The way I see it-

Paul/Sanford ticket.

We win.

Amen :)

scandinaviany3
03-24-2009, 07:35 PM

When i moved up here to washington from texas.

I saw liberals in the town halls standup and demand to the democratic representatives that they are now in power and they want them to tax the rich immediately!

So very hard to overcome a quick fix soceity. Instead of one with the big vision and that thinks about consequences of ones words or actions.

scandinaviany3
03-24-2009, 07:37 PM

Mark my words.

Then for gosh sakes ...get in on the inside and figure out who is who...

If we cant quickly takeover then get in on the inside, learn everything you can, and shape policy where you can.

Else stand on the side line as we are now...watching our country be destroyed by the fools in power.

nbhadja
03-24-2009, 07:38 PM

He was INVITED to the BLINDERBERG CONFERENCE!
Do you know what that is and who attends there??
People like Ron Paul and Gary Johnson sure as hell would never get invited there.

The NWO uses plants all the time. They fear the freedom movement and don't think for a second that they do not have tricks up their sleeves.

Dripping Rain
03-24-2009, 07:40 PM
Benton cant speak for Ron Paul. he shouldve just said his opinion without including the good doc

nbhadja
03-24-2009, 07:40 PM

If Hitler invited Ronald to a private NAZI meeting like the establishment invited Sanford to Blinderberg then yes Ronald would be a suspicious character.

"Maybe he was curious and wanted to see what it was about."
You don't just attend there if you want to, you have to get invited there.

nbhadja
03-24-2009, 07:45 PM
Gary Johnson is for PRIVATE PRISONS so he's a trojan horse. Mark my words. He's playing like he's for ending the drug war while supporting the very people who depend on the drug war. Yep, he's a plant by Lord Rothchild. Don't trust him!

:rolleyes:

Gary endorsed Ron Paul while Mark endorsed McCain. Gary gets ignored by the neo con GOP leaders while they adore Mark.

Gary has a proven track record against drugs. Mark almost never mentions the federal reserve or our over seas empires, and the one comment he had about the Fed was not even that critical as he just called it "opaque."

Ron Paul learned his lesson from Reagen and I bet he will not endorse Sanford.

JoshLowry
03-24-2009, 07:47 PM
Gary endorsed Ron Paul while Mark endorsed McCain. Gary gets ignored by the neo con GOP leaders while they adore Mark.

Gary has a proven track record against drugs. Mark almost never mentions the federal reserve or our over seas empires, and the one comment he had about the Fed was not even that critical as he just called it "opaque."

Ron Paul learned his lesson from Reagen and I bet he will not endorse Sanford.

Why is this not getting through to some people.

:(

literatim
03-24-2009, 07:49 PM
Benton cant speak for Ron Paul. he shouldve just said his opinion without including the good doc

Well, Jesse Benton is Ron Paul's grandson-in-law.

dr. hfn
03-24-2009, 07:54 PM
Ron Paul - BJ Lawson 2012!!!

scandinaviany3
03-24-2009, 07:56 PM
I'm just trying to hold off all the "let's support sanford" members from gaining any kind of critical mass with my flamboyant posts.

lol..fair enough..:p

scandinaviany3
03-24-2009, 08:03 PM
With 1,000,000+ more awakened.

Maybe in another ten years....much as i wish it would work this way. IT will take another 10 years before the change of power of the last generation goes into high gear.

Until then for presidential races sanfords are about as good as we get.

Our focus shouldnt be to completely rock the pres. ticket. It needs to be to get experience on the inside of these types of groups and focus on congressional races and where possible like schiff to push senate races.

Scribbler de Stebbing
03-24-2009, 08:07 PM
many say reagan never lost his conservatism, just lost his ability to say no to advisors. Ron Paul would not do that, Goldwater Jr. would not do that, BJ Lawson would not do that, Rand would not do that, Lew Rockwell, the Judge.

How do you know Rand would not do that?

JoshLowry
03-24-2009, 08:08 PM
Maybe in another ten years....much as i wish it would work this way. IT will take another 10 years before the change of power of the last generation goes into high gear.

Until then for presidential races sanfords are about as good as we get.

Our focus shouldnt be to completely rock the pres. ticket. It needs to be to get experience on the inside of these types of groups and focus on congressional races and where possible like schiff to push senate races.

If Ron runs again, everyone will campaign their heart out and I bet we get another million voters. They will be truly awakened to liberty, they won't be confused and just halfway get it.

revolutionary8
03-24-2009, 08:21 PM

I am starting to become really paranoid about Jesse Benton. :eek: I wish someone would have a serious talk with him. He really should remain silent at times.
We need a tin foil hat smiley. Nawt. :D
The Logan Act should be taken seriously and I think that people like Sanford that are supposedly Constitutionally Conscience should be hounded about this particular controversy. I hope more people will step up to the plate and ask some tough questions. He shouldn't get a pass. I have yet to hear one reasonable explanation as to why he went to the Bilderberg Meeting and what the hell they were all doing.
Does he feel that Bilderberg Meetings should be as shielded in the press as they are? Why are they shielded in the press? Why doesn't he offer up a Bilderberg Press Conference, explaining what the group is all about, and how harmless they really are? Are the Bilderberger's just "misunderstood?"?
Perhaps he could become a worthy spokesman for their elusive group of the most powerful people in the world.

trey4sports
03-24-2009, 08:46 PM
If Ron decides to run in 2012 and so does Sanford, I will campaign my heart out for Ron no questions asked, but if it was Johnson/Jindal/Romney/Palin vs Sanford you betcha I'd be working just as hard for Sanford.

why in gods name would you support sanford over johnson?

sanford has shown NOTHING out of the mainstream other than opposition to REAL ID whereas johnson has advocated ending the fed, bringing our troops home, ending the drug war and on and on and on

please enlighten me........

Matt Collins
03-24-2009, 10:08 PM
Well let's see...he was completely ineffective in the primary, terrible in c4l, can't book good interviews, rude to other people, and now he's speaking for Ron and propping up Sanford. It's a load of shit. Benton is a bum who deserves to be fired. He isolates people within our own movement with his attitude and the way he attempts to control and run things.I can't say I disagree with you at all! And hundreds, if not thousands of others have the same feelings.

Matt Collins
03-24-2009, 10:09 PM
Well, Jesse Benton is Ron Paul's grandson-in-law.Yes, he isn't going away for a loooooooooooooooong time (if ever). :rolleyes: We'll just have to work around him. :(

Matt Collins
03-24-2009, 10:10 PM
I am starting to become really paranoid about Jesse Benton. :eek: I wish someone would have a serious talk with him. He really should remain silent at times. It won't do any good; many have tried already.

Matt Collins
03-24-2009, 10:10 PM
Ha, good thing we didn't have a message board before the 2008 race.

Ron Paul was a nobody in March 2007.

At least we have a base and network now to spread the word on Johnson.Exactly! Our contacts, networking, and momentum are the best resource we have from the campaign. We should use it to its fullest extent to further the cause of liberty.

revolutionary8
03-24-2009, 10:12 PM
It won't do any good; many have tried already.

Thank you for the info. Matt, but "who?" is the question, and I can't help but think of all the times RP should have taken his OWN advice in the past.

I don't think RP will do anything rash. But sure, people will freak out over it, and the majority of us just want to protect him. :(

Matt Collins
03-24-2009, 10:43 PM
Thank you for the info. Matt, but "who?" is the questionMany people in the movement that I know definitely have; and others as well that I will not mention by name.

revolutionary8
03-24-2009, 11:29 PM
Many people in the movement that I know definitely have; and others as well that I will not mention by name.
Translation:
I know but cannot tell.
My take=
NotAFan.
But HEY! Gimme a tin foil hat so I can feel adorned.

Matt Collins
03-24-2009, 11:51 PM
Translation:
I know but cannot tell.Pretty much correct.

revolutionary8
03-24-2009, 11:59 PM
nm

Arklatex
03-25-2009, 07:40 AM
Goldwater JR. showed up at the Rally for the Republic, gave Dr. Paul a real introduction. Goldwaters official endorsement of McCain was just politics, what do you expect from an Arizona Senator. Cmon guys. We need all the allys we can get, Sanford included.

Although, I will say Paul is my candidate. These others should rally in support of Paul if they'd like my vote, especially his FED Transparency Bill and Marijuana and other HRs from Paul. When I see some clout thrown behind these movements from these guys I'll give them realm time and money.

rockandrollsouls
03-25-2009, 09:16 AM

I'd prefer Johnson as my second choice, too. I'd still want Ron to run, though. If he had a young, principled republican as his running mate the ticket would be strong.

RCA
03-25-2009, 09:29 AM
Why does this Benton guy keep pissing me off?

Matt Collins
03-25-2009, 09:53 AM
Why does this Benton guy keep pissing me off?He does that to many many many individuals, including the national media. HALF the reason Ron got such a shunning from the press was due to his mishandling as the press secretary. I saw this first hand myself.

Carole
03-25-2009, 10:01 AM
Then again:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=142265
&highlight=Sanford+Council+Foreign+Relations

What is RP's pal Mark Sanford doing at Bilderburg??
http://www.infowars.com/?p=2564

WillieKamm
03-25-2009, 11:25 AM
First of all let me say that I did not read this entire thread. Second of all, getting excited about Mark Sanford, leaves me cold. When I was left leaning in my long ago misbegotten youth, one of the main reasons I became disenchanted and eventually left was my inablilty to conform to their rigid dogma. I've come a long way philsophically and politically since then, but my aversion to rigid dogma remains to this date. I see a different kind of obedience to rigid dogma right here. I live in South Carolina and from where I stand Sanford is a failed governor in most respects. He's true to his supposed libertarian dogma so let's all get on his bandwagon. After a century of suffering in the wake of the tragic American Civil War the south had been making great strides economically for two generations or so . Because of a more business friendly climate that contrasted with the tax and regulate mantra of the old industrial north (where I was born and raised) people have flocked down here for work and a new start. Some southern politicians were instrumental in advancing their states economically. One was former South Carolina governor Carroll Campbell. As a more traditional Republican governor I'm sure he would meet with disdain here, but to me he was good for the state at least in a business sense, and South Carolina has floundered since he left office. Yeah our current governor Mark Sanford sticks to his guns ideologically, fights with his own party, tells Obama to keep his money, and the state is stuck in the mud. Any philosophy is no good if it prevents people from prospering and realizing their potentials as much as possible. Without economic prosperity and economic freedom all your liberty and libertarian mantras don't mean a damned thing. Tell that to Ron Paul, Jesse Benton and Mark Sanford. This is depressing. I've got to reevaluate my presence here. The whole of western civilization, not just the US is going down like the Titanic and no one seems to have a clue. Having your second amendment rights, or being allowed to home school your children, to be free of highway checkpoints and national identity cards are all good things. Still I want all those desirable things in concert with an environment that promotes as much economic well being as possible for its citizens. I won't permit myself to be put into an ideological strait jacket by the Mark Sanfords of the world.

Bradley in DC
03-25-2009, 06:00 PM
sanford'll be labeled a neo-con in my book.

please cite one neo-con position of his in his record.

Let's see, he voted against war while a Congressman and publicly opposed Bush's pre-emptive war doctrine...

Bradley in DC
03-25-2009, 06:04 PM
How do you know Rand would not do that?

Well, she opposed the LP and supported Nixon...but logic, reason and historical knowledge are not well received with all here.

brandon
03-25-2009, 06:05 PM
please cite one neo-con position of his in his record.

Endorsing and publicly shilling for other neocons (McCain).

If you endorse someone that means you support their positions. Almost every single one of McCain's positions exemplifies the neocon philosophy.

Bradley in DC
03-25-2009, 06:23 PM
If you endorse someone that means you support their positions.

Not really, no. Perhaps he just didn't like Obama...