PDA

View Full Version : Salt Lake Examiner Article on MIAC

bobbyw24
03-23-2009, 06:26 AM
http://www.examiner.com/x-4285-Salt-Lake-Nonpartisan-Examiner~y2009m3d22-Ron-Paul-and-his-domestic-terror-network
Ron Paul and his domestic terror network
March 22, 2:53 PM · Add a Comment
ShareThis Feed

Unite, or Die - From The 912 Project

It was a beautiful spring day with sunshine beaming in the windows and birds singing just on the other side of the glass. It was a scene of rebirth as Mother Nature awoke her children from their winter's nap. Wanting to venture out there was a pause in the foot steps as caution slowed the pace, did I remove the Ron Paul sign from my yard in time? Is it too late, do they already know I signed up for his Campaign for Liberty? Would law enforcement forever see me as a domestic terrorist, likely an armed member of some militia?
Ever since swearing to uphold the Constitution of the United States back in 1976 I had been on a journey of discovery. Studying everything I could about our heritage, our republican or American character, our rights to be the most free people as long as we were willing to bear personal responsibility. Over the years I have been involved in groups to fight against income taxation, the fiat money system and the Federal Reserve Act, even running for the U.S. House as a third party candidate.
In late 2007 I heard about the candidacy of Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX). In studying his congressional record I saw in him a modern day Davy Crockett. Davy Crockett learned a very important lesson from one of his constituents who loved the Constitution, his neighbors, and his liberty. His name was Horatio Bunce and it was this unassuming patriot who taught Davy Crockett more about the Constitution than any other he would meet. Suddenly I had to wonder, was Horatio Bunce nothing more than his eras version of a domestic terrorist?
Shaking the cobwebs of thought from my brain I reread 'The Modern Militia Movement' put out by the State of Missouri, with the support of their governor Jay Nixon. This warning to law enforcement went in-depth to warn of the behavior of potentially dangerous citizens. Looking over the document again my innocent belief Campaign for Liberty members were simply patriots who love their Constitution, their neighbors, and their liberty...as Horatio Bunce once had...gave way to a thought of a more sinister plot within the campaign and laid down by none other than Dr. Paul himself.
Realization sunk in; this was really a way to spread fear among those who may dare embrace their heritage. Christian identity was listed yet the report skewed this concept by suggesting if you identified yourself with Christianity you were somehow anti-semantic. Belief you were a sovereign citizen was listed yet skewed toward claiming if you believe you are sovereign and you believe in the sovereignty of states you were anti-government at the federal level. If you were against the draconian practice of production based taxation or stood against the failed concept of centralized banking and paper money you were somehow prone to violence. How much more violent can these lies be, the sun shined brighter.
Racing through the door I replanted the Ron Paul sign, set firmly the April 25th day on my calendar for the Salt Lake City 'End the Fed' rally, set July 4th down to join thousands of fellow patriotic Americans in a protest at our state capitol. We are not domestic terrorists. If there is any group that can be called domestic terrorists it is the very group of politicians and government officials who dare to spread this hateful, fear mongering, propaganda. Our founders made clear we must constantly resist our government and their programs or tyranny would come to this country and we the people would lose our liberty. Despite all his failures to protect liberty Woodrow Wilson finally understood, "[l]iberty has always come from the subjects of it. The history of liberty is a history of resistance."
Excuse me, I have to go donate to the Campaign for Liberty and the visit The 912 Project, Glenn Beck's group who also are patriotic and not terrorists. It's a beautiful day; breath in liberty.

bobbyw24
03-23-2009, 06:26 AM
Note that the article was written by a friend and the title is tongue-in-cheek