PDA

View Full Version : Streaming the debate tonight...

mrchubbs
09-17-2007, 08:43 AM
Once again, for those interested, we will try streaming the debate audio in the
Paltalk "Ron Paul Grassroots" room so we can discuss it live.

To get into the room see the link in my signature.

We've had some interesting things occur in the room over the past few days...

1 - A woman entered the room saying she doesn't know anything about Ron Paul and is shopping around for her vote. We explained his positions and pointed her to http://ronpaullibrary.org/ As we went through explaining the issues she just kept typing: yes.... yes!... oh yes!! etc.. At the end of the conversation she was a new Ron Paul voter. Good stuff.

2 - A man entered and called Ron Paul a clown. We attempted to get him to talk on issues but he just kept insulting those in the room repeatedly. We continued to attempt to get him to stop insulting but make arguments for issues, but he never did. He then left the room after calling us some more choice names.

I would say 85% of the people that enter the room and don't really know RP's positions are in the later category.... rather un-convertable with their own agenda.
But the few who do come in to the room with an open mind are worth it. They have been somewhat inspiring for me... watching someone learn about Ron Paul for the first time and loving what they hear is a wonderful feeling.

One voter at a time...

Enjoy,
MrChubbs

kylejack
09-17-2007, 09:09 AM
What debate is tonight?

mrchubbs
09-17-2007, 09:15 AM
What debate is tonight?

The Value Voters Debate in Ft. Lauderdale FL. starts at 7:30pm Eastern.

Giuliani, Romney, McCain, and Thompson will not be there apparently.

Ron Paul and the others will.

netmasta10bt
09-17-2007, 09:40 AM
Is it going to be televised?

mrchubbs
09-17-2007, 09:45 AM
Is it going to be televised?

It will be on Sky Angel.. Apparently that is available on Dish Network.
I have DirecTV so I don't have that.

I think the streaming link is with video as well. It remains to be seen if the
online streaming will hold up under load though. Guess we'll find out tonight.

Noog
09-17-2007, 09:51 AM
I'll predict they didn't anticipate the server load the comes along with Ron Paul.

Johnnybags
09-17-2007, 09:53 AM
He will talk the ear off the proverbial brass monkey tonight. What on earth is he selling out to the neocons for? Lucky if anyone else gets a word in edgewise.

Pedro TT
09-17-2007, 10:05 AM
I'll be there tonight! Cant wait to meet Dr. paul

wgadget
09-17-2007, 11:23 AM
www.afa.net
7:30pm

randolphus maximus
09-17-2007, 02:50 PM
www.afa.net
7:30pm

Bump

quickmike
09-17-2007, 02:53 PM
One thing I found out.

"VCY America will be broadcasting and streaming the first ever Values Voter Debate September 17"

Heres the link.

http://vcyamerica.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=118&Itemid=129

Paulitician
09-17-2007, 02:54 PM
I have Dish Network and the channel is 262, if anyone out there is wondering.

BenIsForRon
09-17-2007, 02:58 PM
Yeah, taking a look at the site... it's not gonna last 5 seconds. The revolution will not be tele... er, streamed.

quickmike
09-17-2007, 03:01 PM
I think it would be a good idea for all the candidates attending to call out all the "top tier" candidates as cowards for not showing up.

They would be stupid for not at least mentioning it. This is a big opportunity to make them look like the chicken shits they really are.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-17-2007, 03:03 PM
yes.... yes!... oh yes

so... she was having a Ron Paulgasm? LOL

goldenequity
09-17-2007, 03:04 PM
http://vcyamerica.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=19&Itemid=48 (http://vcyamerica.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=19&Itemid=48)

akalucas
09-17-2007, 03:19 PM
this time the debate will be 3 hours long! with fewer candidate there (Romney, Rudy, Mccain, Fred not showing up) I think we can expect a lot more time for Paul and more issues discussed besides the war.

here are some highlights conercning the debate from an article

The three-hour event begins at 7:30 p.m. Eastern, and will be broadcast live on Sky Angel and Dish Network channel 262, and will also be streamed live on websites including ValuesVoterDebate.com and the American Family Association.

Organizers are promising "rapid-fire action" in Round Two of the debate, "where the first of its kind podium design will allow questions to be asked and answered by all seven candidates in under a minute."

They also say "wildcard minutes" will be given to every candidate to use whenever they want, however they want – from challenging another candidate to interrupting a round of questions.

"This will be unlike any other debate," said Star Parker, of the Coalition on Urban Renewal and Education, "Expect surprises on a variety of topics the press would prefer to ignore."

The latest Republican presidential debate takes place here tonight, but all four of what some in the national news media call the "top-tier candidates" will not be on the stage.

Rudy Giuliani, John McCain, Mitt Romney and Fred Thompson have all chosen not to participate in the Values Voter Debate being moderated by WND Editor Joseph Farah.

"Isn't it amazing they all have more important things to do to get elected president than to meet face to face with Christian and Jewish leaders who represent millions and millions of votes?" asked Farah who called them "gutless wonders" in a column previewing tonight's event.

"I tell you it is gut-wrenching fear that kept them away. They are scared to death of the questions. They're scared to death they won't have a good answer. They're scared to death they might say something they will live to regret."

Farah said he was particularly disappointed in Thompson, who has yet to participate in a single GOP debate.

"This one would have been his first opportunity since officially announcing his candidacy. He could have changed all the dynamics. He could have made this debate the biggest national news story of the day. He could have forced others to join the debate. But, he, too, had better things to do."

The Republicans who will take part are Sam Brownback, Mike Huckabee, Duncan Hunter, Ron Paul, Tom Tancredo, John Cox and Alan Keyes, who announced over the weekend he was officially a candidate.

But beyond those who'll be watching the debate closely are those who'll be participating in the event's straw poll – a straw poll more important than Iowa. Different from previous straw polls, delegates for the Values Voter Straw Poll have been selected by pro-family leaders such as Phyllis Schlafly, president of Eagle Forum; Don Wildmon, chairman of the American Family Association; Paul Weyrich, president of the Free Congress Foundation; Judge Roy Moore, chairman of the Foundation for Moral Law; Rabbi Aryea Spero, of the Jewish Action Alliance; Star Parker, of the Coalition on Urban Renewal and Education, or CURE; and Chaplain Gordon James Klingenschmitt, who fought for the right of military chaplains to pray in Jesus' name.

"Unlike other straw polls where candidates have bussed in supporters or paid for their tickets, the Values Voter Straw poll conducted at this presidential debate promises results consistent with the largest voting block in America – the Values Voter," said Mat Staver, Chairman of Liberty Counsel and member of the host committee, in a release this week. "This will be the most important straw poll yet."

ForTheRepublic
09-17-2007, 03:20 PM
I think you can watch it here: http://www.valuesvoterdebate.com/livestream.cfm?host_id=f2a

akalucas
09-17-2007, 03:44 PM
this will also be on cable also on the TBN channel. you can find out what channel it will be on on your service provider by providing your zipcode here:

http://www.tbn.org/index.php/2/2.html

Green Mountain Boy
09-17-2007, 03:48 PM
this will also be on cable also on the TBN channel. you can find out what channel it will be on on your service provider by providing your zipcode here:

http://www.tbn.org/index.php/2/2.html

You sure about this? I don't see it on their schedule for tonight.

akalucas
09-17-2007, 03:55 PM
You sure about this? I don't see it on their schedule for tonight.

ya, youre right. I did further research and it turns out it will not be live on TBN but will be recorded and broadcast on another day. sorry about that.

torchbearer
09-17-2007, 04:27 PM
Live stream here also: http://www.valuesvoterdebate.com/livestream.cfm?host_id=f2a

EvanVolm
09-17-2007, 04:42 PM
-deleted-

sunny
09-17-2007, 05:22 PM
Once again, for those interested, we will try streaming the debate audio in the Paltalk "Ron Paul Grassroots" room so we can discuss it live.

To get into the room see the link in my signature.

We've had some interesting things occur in the room over the past few days...

One voter at a time...

Enjoy,
MrChubbs

that link doesn't work for my browser - mac running safari!