PDA

View Full Version : Liberals want Geithner's head

Invalid
03-22-2009, 09:30 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/03/22/paul-krugman-song-lights_n_177746.html

catchy song too.

euphemia
03-22-2009, 09:56 AM
Conservatives do too. I think that poor man is going to wish he had gone into another line of work.

Invalid
03-22-2009, 10:01 AM
Ya, I doubt Krugman will do better though. Who knows.

max
03-22-2009, 10:32 AM
"Conservatives" screaming for Geitne'rs head are pathetic bullies and cowards.

Not that I'm defending Geitner, but these people have picked out the meek-sounding, wimpish, uncharismatic, tiny Timmy Geitner as the object of their wrath, instead of going after heavier hitters with bigger names (Bernanke, Summers, Rubin, )

They are all part of the same Goldman-Sachs mafia.....so why pick out Geitner?

No one attacked big Hank Paulson like this. Why not? Because the bald headed Paulson was 6'6' and had a commanding presence with a booming voice???

Original_Intent
03-22-2009, 10:47 AM
"Conservatives" screaming for Geitne'rs head are pathetic bullies and cowards.

Not that I'm defending Geitner, but these people have picked out the meek-sounding, wimpish, uncharismatic, tiny Timmy Geitner as the object of their wrath, instead of going after heavier hitters with bigger names (Bernanke, Summers, Rubin, )

They are all part of the same Goldman-Sachs mafia.....so why pick out Geitner?

No one attacked big Hank Paulson like this. Why not? Because the bald headed Paulson was 6'6' and had a commanding presence with a booming voice???

QFT. Well stated.

He Who Pawns
03-22-2009, 10:51 AM
Why not put Volcker in there? He seems to have at least slightly more sense than the rest of those idiots.

Invalid
03-22-2009, 10:53 AM
Why not put Volcker in there? He seems to have at least slightly more sense than the rest of those idiots.

Didn't Volcker use moneterism for the first say 4 years, but then he just went back to doing WTF he wanted to, namely the Greenspan policy, in his last 2 years or so?

Invalid
03-22-2009, 10:55 AM
How can I embed that youtube video in the post?

He Who Pawns
03-22-2009, 10:57 AM
Didn't Volcker use moneterism for the first say 4 years, but then he just went back to doing WTF he wanted to, namely the Greenspan policy, in his last 2 years or so?

Well he's not perfect, but he seems better than the rest of the idiots under consideration.

Obviously, in a perfect world, Schiff would Treasury Sec. :D

Invalid
03-22-2009, 10:59 AM
Well he's not perfect, but he seems better than the rest of the idiots under consideration.

Obviously, in a perfect world, Schiff would Treasury Sec. :D

I like Schiff, but he was wrong about the dollar's strength last year. It's hard for me to want a guy who is losing money for his clients to be treasury secretary.

Well his overall record might be good since the early 90's (maybe), but last year was not a good one. His central thesis about dollar strength is failing since even though our central bankers are crazy, the rest of the world's central bankers are even crazier by comparison.

Invalid
03-22-2009, 11:24 AM
I wish it would have been a Ron Paul song.

When I listen to Ron Paul, things seem to make sense. When I listen to neocons, all I hear is blah blah blah.

Athan
03-22-2009, 11:37 AM
Liberals are trying to knock him off for destroying Obama's legacy.
We should mention they need to go after Bernenke and Greenspan as well.

Invalid
03-22-2009, 11:40 AM
Huh, you don't trust Geithner's plan? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwRISkyV_B8)

WRellim
03-22-2009, 12:09 PM
Liberals want Geithner's head

Hmmm... perhaps that's why Geithner's always kept his brains at the other end?

euphemia
03-22-2009, 12:37 PM

It depends on who you hang around with. I haven't heard one nice thing about Paulson since the economy started to slide. In fact, last fall at an alternative candidates debate, when the most radical liberal in the room suggested he should be under indictment the room, mostly populated by conservatives, stood and applauded.

Invalid
03-23-2009, 06:26 AM
Paulson was no good either. no surprise.