PDA

View Full Version : The Wisdom of Doug Stanhope

MRoCkEd
03-21-2009, 06:49 PM
"They say if you give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. But if you teach a man to fish...then he has to get a fishing license. But he doesn't have any money, so he has to get a job and enter the social security system. And he has to file taxes, and you're gonna audit the poor son of a bitch because he's not really good at math. You pull the IRS van up to his house and take everything. You take his velvet Elvis and his toothbrush and it all goes up for auction with the burden of proof on him because he forgot to carry the 1. All because he wanted to eat a fish, and he couldn't even cook the fish because you need a permit for an open flame. And then the health department is gonna wanna ask him a bunch of questions about where he's going to dispose of the scales and the guts - this is not a sanitary environment. And ladies and gentleman, if you get sick and tired of all this at the end of the day, it's not even legal to kill yourself in this country. You were born free and you got fucked out of half of it, and you wave a flag celebrating that fact. If you wanna fix the pledge of allegiance, put a disclaimer at the end: With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states."

bossman068410
03-21-2009, 06:58 PM
good one

MRoCkEd
03-21-2009, 08:19 PM
i agree

Bodhi
03-21-2009, 08:22 PM
I think I am going to have to e-mail that to a few friends!

Master
03-21-2009, 09:19 PM
Enjoyed that, his stand up is great. :)

Virginia Libertarian
03-21-2009, 10:45 PM
Stanhope is truly a voice of reason

Plus he endorsed Ron!

Also check out Bill Hicks

MRoCkEd
03-22-2009, 01:00 PM
true true

nayjevin
03-22-2009, 02:12 PM
Also check out Bill Hicks
+1

"You know what I think about Gays in the Military? Anyone dumb enough to join the military, oughta be in the military. End of fuckin story." -- Bill Hicks

"Life is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are, and the ride goes up and down and around and around, it has thrills and chills and it's very brightly colored. And it's very loud and it's fun for awhile -- some who have been on the ride for a long time and they begin to question: Is this real or is this just a ride, and other people have remembered and they say, 'Hey, don't worry, don't be afraid ever, because this is just a ride,' and we kill those people. 'Shut him up, I've got a lot invested in this ride, shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry, look at my big bank account, my family. This has to be real.' It's just a ride. But we will kill those big guys who try to tell us that, and let the demons run amuck. But it doesn't matter because it's just a ride and we can change it anytime we want. It's only a choice -- no effort, no work, no job savings of money, it's just a choice, right now, between fear and love." -- Bill Hicks

MRoCkEd
04-07-2009, 07:29 PM
yes hicks is good

Dreamofunity
04-07-2009, 07:35 PM
I've been watching a lot of Stanhope in the last few days, he's a funny man.

He's coming to a club near me in November, hopefully I'll be able to go.

Hicks is awesome.

JoshLowry
04-07-2009, 07:49 PM
I got to see him in 07, wore my RP shirt, and he gave the good Dr a few shout outs.

:)