PDA

View Full Version : Is 'Kings' Jericho season 5?

Razmear
03-21-2009, 06:17 PM
Howdy.
I know there are a lot of Jericho fans on here, and I just watched the first episode of Kings and I was blown away. One of the best shows I've seen in a long time.
If you take where Jericho left off, then skip forward a few seasons, you would end up with Kings.

The first episode/movie can be seen at:
http://www.nbc.com/Kings/video/categories/season-1/1060605/
if you want to get caught up before it airs on Sunday.

eb

StudentForPaul08
03-21-2009, 06:30 PM
I saw it as well and i liked it. I usually don't watch much T.V.

I think it shows how government is already. I loved the part when the head banker guy told the King to invade the country and threatened to pull the gold and cause a depression if he didn't.. I was like wow....sorta works that way already!

aravoth
03-21-2009, 07:03 PM
I saw it as well and i liked it. I usually don't watch much T.V.

I think it shows how government is already. I loved the part when the head banker guy told the King to invade the country and threatened to pull the gold and cause a depression if he didn't.. I was like wow....sorta works that way already!

Yes that show rules. And that part when the Banker threatened the king and told him to break the ceasefire and attack Gath or he'd destroy the Nation Financial system was was prophetic.

Epic series so far. Enormous religious overtones. David, the hero, Silas the King. The Nation of Gath with thier "Goliath Tanks", Hell, David even squares up with that goliath tank in the beginning and walks away a winner. Pretty cool.

I like it. It's a modern story with a biblical overlay, pointing out the stupidity of government, and the puppeteers that control it.

Ninja Homer
03-21-2009, 07:26 PM
I like what I've seen so far of Kings as well. Besides the themes at play, it also has a very good epic movie feel to it (well done effects, great acting, etc).

**spoiler warning if you missed the premiere**
I'm anxious to see the second episode (or would that be the 3rd, since the first was 2 hours?). It looks like the bankers are going to trash the economy to take out the king and replace him with a puppet they can better manage. It'll be interesting to see if they make any connections to our own government, and if the average voter can make the connection and learn something from it, or if it's just us liberty-minded folk who will see that this really is the way things work.

BTW - I've never watched Jericho, is it any good?

RonPaulVolunteer
03-21-2009, 07:49 PM
What's the full name of this so I might find it on a torrent?

SovereignMN
03-21-2009, 08:11 PM
The series is "Kings". It airs on NBC on Sunday nights. First episode was a 2 hour event last Sunday. I liked it as well. The guy that plays King Silas is Ian McShane...aka Al Swerengen for all you Deadwood fans.

The first 2 hours were very good.

Matt Collins
03-21-2009, 11:27 PM
I'll see if I can add it to my NetFlix

ClayTrainor
03-21-2009, 11:58 PM
I found a nice quality version of it on Megavideo but, i'm not sure i should post it here since it's probably illegal.

aravoth
03-22-2009, 12:03 AM
http://www.hulu.com/watch/62546/kings-goliath-parts-1-and-2

ClayTrainor
03-22-2009, 03:17 AM
Very good show. I hope it doesn't get cancelled.

Aratus
03-22-2009, 08:41 AM
it has had its interesting moments. jericho the tv series is post apocalyptic.

jericho the city with the walls tumbling down is before saul's lifetime.

interesting biblical naming pattern concerning these metaphoric tv series...

Razmear
03-22-2009, 03:05 PM
What's the full name of this so I might find it on a torrent?

Here ya go:
http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/70916597/kings?tab=summary

eb

Matt Collins
03-22-2009, 06:57 PM
Yes Netflix has it out but obviously not available.

aravoth
03-24-2009, 05:42 PM
I hard rating for this show where down for the second episode, which sucks, because everything else on TV is complete shit.

Deborah K
03-24-2009, 05:45 PM
Hubby and I don't watch a lot of 'series' type of shows. But we heard about Jericho and its teaching potential for survivalists and so we rented the first 2 discs. Hooked........

Now I guess we have to get Kings??

aravoth
03-24-2009, 06:24 PM
You don't have to rent it, The first 2 episodes are up on Hulu.com, and NBC.com. Great show

fedup100
03-24-2009, 06:31 PM
The series is "Kings". It airs on NBC on Sunday nights. First episode was a 2 hour event last Sunday. I liked it as well. The guy that plays King Silas is Ian McShane...aka Al Swerengen for all you Deadwood fans.

The first 2 hours were very good.

That's where I saw him. I didn't recognize him since the word F&^$k was not splashed in every sentence.

AS the King, he is very scary and yet likable in a hauntingly and creepy sort of way. You wait, they will have to work a black King in soon if it stays on the air.

I hear it is O's favorite show and O saw a butterfly in the rose garden last week, it wasn't a good sign for the rest of us.

ClayTrainor
07-18-2009, 05:35 PM
The Series finale is tonight, in about 20 minutes (8pm EST). It's cancelled, unfortunately.

This has been a pretty entertaining show, i've really enjoyed it. Anybody else been watching it?

GunnyFreedom
07-18-2009, 05:47 PM
The Series finale is tonight, in about 20 minutes (8pm EST). It's cancelled, unfortunately.

This has been a pretty entertaining show, i've really enjoyed it. Anybody else been watching it?

I've been catching it occasionally on Hulu. The reason they can't make TV for smart people work, is because smart people, by and large, do not watch TV.

Smart people maybe have one show and some movies they like, but you don't need cable or broadcast for that. maybe for the news, but smart people have been quitting on that garbage too.

So there is not really a market for smart TV anymore, because most of the smart people have already given up on TV.

So they just make them dumber and dumber. before long, mainstream media will become live-streaming comatose, giddy, or catatonic in 12 fun flavors.

ClayTrainor
07-18-2009, 06:02 PM
I've been catching it occasionally on Hulu. The reason they can't make TV for smart people work, is because smart people, by and large, do not watch TV.

Smart people maybe have one show and some movies they like, but you don't need cable or broadcast for that. maybe for the news, but smart people have been quitting on that garbage too.

So there is not really a market for smart TV anymore, because most of the smart people have already given up on TV.

So they just make them dumber and dumber. before long, mainstream media will become live-streaming comatose, giddy, or catatonic in 12 fun flavors.

That perfectly explains why copycat reality TV shows are so popular, that they can create hundreds of them, and they all get huge ratings. A Quality, intelligent and professionally produced show like Kings gets the boot, because the Reality TV watchers probably don't get it, or call it "boring". :(

dr. hfn
07-19-2009, 08:34 AM
how many seasons was it then? All the good shows get cancelled! F#$%!

ClayTrainor
07-19-2009, 09:10 AM
how many seasons was it then? All the good shows get cancelled! F#$%!

Just 1 full season. It will be 13 episodes. It definitely is pretty sad to see such a quality show have to come to an end so soon :(

I was mistaken, i thought last night was the finale, but it was just the first part in a 2 episode finale. The final episode is next saturday at 8pm EST on NBC :)

Reason
07-19-2009, 10:11 AM
I watched all of Jericho and loved it to death, currently watching Kings as well, I think Jericho was better tho.

ClayTrainor
07-19-2009, 10:14 AM
I watched all of Jericho and loved it to death, currently watching Kings as well, I think Jericho was better tho.

Definitely agreed, but Kings is an above average show for sure. Jericho was exceptional.

ClayTrainor
07-25-2009, 03:39 PM
Tonight is the season finale, and possibly the series finale.

It's possible that it will come back, if there is enough of a fan base, but unlikely.

http://blog.beliefnet.com/idolchatter/2009/07/why-did-nbcs-kings-fail-though.html

0zzy
07-25-2009, 04:03 PM
The canceled it after like two episodes, hence they moved it to Saturday (or Sunday now?) nights for the remaining season.

And why torrent or netflix when you got hulu! haha