PDA

View Full Version : Sign-making June 1 and 2

archemeedees
05-31-2007, 08:56 PM
Check with Lowell Nelson about sign making.

He says:

I suggest that we make a bunch of signs in Utah County on Friday night at seven o'clock, and a bunch more in Sandy on Saturday morning at nine o'clock. We can work at my place in Highland on Friday (11167 N 5100 W) unless most volunteers are centrally located elsewhere. Who in Sandy has a work area (like a driveway or yard) that would accommodate spray painting? We will be cutting with box cutters, spraying paint, and affixing grommets, etc.

I am looking for FIVE volunteers in BOTH locations. I will attend both locations, of course, with the stencils. Each group should be able to produce a sign every five minutes. We will want an assortment of (large) banners (flexible signs on Tyvek) and (medium and small) signs (inflexible signs on CorruPlast). Joe Ferguson is shopping around for the best prices on Tyvek and CorruPlast, but if you know of a good supplier with good prices, please reply so we can compare.

Then, we need FIVE more volunteers to place these signs along main roads leading to the South Towne Expo Center. At the initial Meetup meeting at Denny's a number of courageous souls raised their hands in support of sign placement. Please reply (either privately or openly) and let me know what you would like to do, and even what stretch of road you want to claim. You could even visit or call the businesses along your stretch of road today and tomorrow, and spend your Saturday time placing the signs.

Thanks. Lowell.

He's on the Meetup group's member's page, so you can go to his profile to send him a message.

I wish I could offer my house but it's a rental and I can't/shouldn't do spray painting here.

rohellio
06-03-2007, 08:06 AM
I think one effective way to spread the word is to get a small group: 3 or 4 people; and set up a table with a sign, and pass out some literature about Ron Paul. I think it's important, not to hound the passersby and just say: hello, and if they want they can ask us questions and we can give them something to read. I think that a statement written by Ron Paul, about what he plans to do with the country, would be good; or maybe Paul would write a short book, about his philosophies.