PDA

View Full Version : Reuters: Soldier says rabbi pushed "religious war"

Cowlesy
03-21-2009, 12:47 PM
How very sad, again, for both sides of this conflict.

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/LK939777.htm

JERUSALEM, March 20 (Reuters) - Rabbis in the Israeli army told battlefield troops in January's Gaza offensive they were fighting a "religious war" against gentiles, according to one army commander's account published on Friday.

"Their message was very clear: we are the Jewish people, we came to this land by a miracle, God brought us back to this land and now we need to fight to expel the gentiles who are interfering with our conquest of this holy land," he said.

It said he had distributed a booklet to soldiers fighting in the Gaza conflict quoting an ultra-nationalist Israeli rabbi as saying that showing mercy towards a "cruel enemy" was "terribly immoral" and advising soldiers they were fighting "murderers".

Barak responded to the IDF revelations on Thursday by repeating Israel's description of its armed forces as the most moral in the world.

Okay. I am confused. As a Gentile, I thought they were fighting the muslims, or are muslims also considered Gentiles?

Dripping Rain
03-21-2009, 12:54 PM
this is one crazy ass rabbi. but to be fair there are those Rabbis who have spoken out against the atrocities and Zionism.
problem is the anti zionist rabbis are considered heretics by the Zionist majority and the media always presents them as antisemitic kooks
thats why many jews are afraid to speak out or to support the anti zionist rabbis

paulim
03-21-2009, 12:56 PM
Okay. I am confused. As a Gentile, I thought they were fighting the muslims, or are muslims also considered Gentiles?

Sure. I can recommend the book Lucius posted several times "The controversy of zion" if you're searching for deep information.

Dripping Rain
03-21-2009, 01:01 PM
Sure. I can recommend the book Lucius posted several times "The controversy of zion" if you're searching for deep information.

there are many books by that name on amazon
can i know the author's name? could you also give me an idea what the book exactly discusses?

paulim
03-21-2009, 01:15 PM
there are many books by that name on amazon
can i know the author's name? could you also give me an idea what the book exactly discusses?

Sorry, I forgot that. Its this:
http://www.freedrive.com/file/325110,controversy-of-zion--by--d-reed.pdf
Douglas Reed is the author.

Its very detailed on Judaism and how it got to power, also in Israel.

torchbearer
03-21-2009, 01:19 PM
How very sad, again, for both sides of this conflict.

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/LK939777.htm

anyone who isn't jewish is a gentile.
It is them, the chosen.. then the rest of the world that is dirty and impure and unblessed.
A definite trend in most religions.

Cowlesy
03-21-2009, 05:17 PM
anyone who isn't jewish is a gentile.
It is them, the chosen.. then the rest of the world that is dirty and impure and unblessed.
A definite trend in most religions.

Ah makes sense --- I thought maybe they were singling out Palestinian christians for some reason (there are a few of them).