PDA

View Full Version : GOP Straw Poll In New Jersey on Sept. 29th

bluerose196767
09-17-2007, 06:19 AM
I would like to inform everyone that they will be a straw poll in New Jersey on Sept. 29th. This would be an great opportunity for Jersey folks to vote Ron Paul on Sept. 29th. Also, lets get a huge crowd of Ron Paul supporters to go down to Jersey on Sept. 29th to show everyone that we mean business when it comes to Ron Paul especially the media. :) How about getting there a little bit earlier and volunteering to hand out flyers and liberty cards. :) The info. is below..I hope to see you there..my email address is bluewolf1967@yahoo.com. :cool:

Special Event:D
I want to thank all of you that took part in the poll. The results are below, but first, I wanted to share with all of you this announcement. Our very successful Conservative Leadership continental brunches are returning. The next one will be on Saturday, September 29th @ 10:30am and will be held at the Hampton Inn on Rt. 9 in Woodbridge.
We will be featuring a 2008 Presidential GOP Candidates Forum with surrogates representing t he presidential candidates. This will be the ONLY EVENT of it's kind in the State of New Jersey before the 2008 February primary and the day will end with the Conservatives with Attitude! 2008 Presidential Straw Poll; your only opportunity to participate in a state-wide straw poll in New Jersey before the primary.
The early registration price is only $18.00 and you can register by going to our website at www.GOPUSANJ.com and clicking on the "Buy Now" button on the left-hand side. If you want to pay by check, please reply to this email for mailing instructions. If you want to reserve your seat and pay at the door, please reply back to this email with your name and how many seats you would like to reserve. You can also call our event hot-line @ 201-708-6610
All surrogates have been officially authorized by their respective campaigns to speak on behalf of the candidate and the following have accepted so far:
Mayor Rudy Giuliani will be represented by Bill Spadea
Governor Mitt Romney will be represented by State Senator Joe Kyrillos
Congressman Ron Paul will be represented by Dr. Murray Sabrin

Poll Results
All participants were provided with the following list of potential candidates although they were also allowed to select nominees who were not listed:
Sam Brownback, Rudy Giuliani, Mike Huckabee, Duncan Hunter, John McCain, Ron Paul, Mitt Romney, Tom Tancredo, Fred Thompson, Tommy Thompson
As I mentioned in the original email, the participants were allowed to make 1-3 ranked selections for Most Desired and Lease Desired. Those selections were weighted as follows...
1) Worth 3 points
2 Worth 2 points
3) Worth 1 point
So, for example, a candidate who received two first place votes (6 points), a second place vote (2 point), & and three third place votes (3 points), would receive a grand total of 11 points.
Also, keep in mind that the scoring cut-off to be included in the lists below was 10 points. If a candidate received less than that, his/her score was not listed.

Also keep in mind that not everyone put in 3 selections for each area.
Here are the selections that were made with the total number of points each candidate tallied following his/her name in parentheses...

Most Desired Nominee For 2008
9) Sam Brownback (13)
9) Newt Gingrich (13)
8) John McCain (16)
7) Tom Tancredo (27)
6) Ron Paul (28)
5) Duncan Hunter (38)
4) Mike Huckabee (40)
3) Fred Thompson (62)
2) Mitt Romney (67)
1) Rudy Giuliani (75)

Least Desired Nominee For 2008
7) Tom Tancredo (24)
6) Tommy Thompson (27)
5) Sam Brownback (31)
4) Mitt Romney (32)
3) Rudy Giuliani (47)
2) Ron Paul (84)
1) John McCain (100)

Net Score For The 2008 Nominees (Positive Minus Negative)
11) John McCain (-84)
10) Ron Paul (-56)
9) Tommy Thompson (-27)
8) Sam Brownback (-18)
7) Tom Tancredo (3)
6) Newt Gingrich (13)
5) Rudy Giuliani (28)
4) Mitt Romney (35)
3) Duncan Hunter (38)
2) Mike Huckabee (40)
1) Fred Thompson (62)

Mesogen
09-17-2007, 06:44 AM
I do NOT get this bizarre fascination with Fred Thompson. Just now the local news was saying that he already has more delegates than all the other candidates combined. How?

I want to go up to a Fred Thompson supporter and just ask them what his main policy positions are. I'll bet they can't answer that. I want to ask them what he stands for. They won't be able to answer, except maybe to say some vacuous crap about traditional values or something else that has nothing to do with being president.

People are stupid.

Ira Aten
09-17-2007, 09:34 AM
Quote from MesogenL
I want to go up to a Fred Thompson supporter and just ask them what his main policy positions are. I'll bet they can't answer that. I want to ask them what he stands for. They won't be able to answer, except maybe to say some vacuous crap about traditional values or something else that has nothing to do with being president.

People are stupid.

You don't know half of it. At the Texas Straw Poll, there were three volunteers standing around outside the auditorium holding Fred Thompson signs. I asked if they believed the 2nd Amendment was an important issue for them.

They replied in unison, well, Hell yes it is, etc.

I then asked if they knew Fred Thompson's voting record on that issue. They immediately began questioning how Fred Thompson could POSSIBLY be anti gun, and I showed them the GOA synopsis of Thompson's thirteen Senate votes for anti 2nd Amendment measures.

Their answer was "Well, anyone could make that up. I bet I could do some research on Ron Paul, and find more votes against gun owners than that."

They are not just stupid Mesogen. They are intellectually vapid.

They are closed minded morons who think if Fred Thompson voted for a "Police officer choice gun confiscation/patriot bill" wherein any Federal or local was gratned authority to make arbitrary unilateral decisions on who could keep and bear arms, on the assumption it would "protect our freedoms from terrorists" then that would be a wonderful, wonderful thing in their pea brained size craniums.

I will assure you, if Fred Thompson is elected, the BATF will have sole authority by Executive Order to shred your 2nd Amendment rights. Nothing like a good solid "Federalist" on firearm issues, such as Fred or Rudi Julie Annie.

TexMac
09-17-2007, 09:42 AM
I would like to inform everyone that they will be a straw poll in New Jersey on Sept. 29th. This would be an great opportunity for Jersey folks to vote Ron Paul on Sept. 29th. Also, lets get a huge crowd of Ron Paul supporters to go down to Jersey on Sept. 29th to show everyone that we mean business when it comes to Ron Paul especially the media. :) How about getting there a little bit earlier and volunteering to hand out flyers and liberty cards. :) The info. is below..I hope to see you there..my email address is bluewolf1967@yahoo.com. :cool:

Special Event:D
I want to thank all of you that took part in the poll. The results are below, but first, I wanted to share with all of you this announcement. Our very successful Conservative Leadership continental brunches are returning. The next one will be on Saturday, September 29th @ 10:30am and will be held at the Hampton Inn on Rt. 9 in Woodbridge.
We will be featuring a 2008 Presidential GOP Candidates Forum with surrogates representing t he presidential candidates. This will be the ONLY EVENT of it's kind in the State of New Jersey before the 2008 February primary and the day will end with the Conservatives with Attitude! 2008 Presidential Straw Poll; your only opportunity to participate in a state-wide straw poll in New Jersey before the primary.
The early registration price is only $18.00 and you can register by going to our website at www.GOPUSANJ.com (http://www.GOPUSANJ.com) and clicking on the "Buy Now" button on the left-hand side. If you want to pay by check, please reply to this email for mailing instructions. If you want to reserve your seat and pay at the door, please reply back to this email with your name and how many seats you would like to reserve. You can also call our event hot-line @ 201-708-6610
All surrogates have been officially authorized by their respective campaigns to speak on behalf of the candidate and the following have accepted so far:
Mayor Rudy Giuliani will be represented by Bill Spadea
Governor Mitt Romney will be represented by State Senator Joe Kyrillos
Congressman Ron Paul will be represented by Dr. Murray Sabrin

Poll Results
All participants were provided with the following list of potential candidates although they were also allowed to select nominees who were not listed:
Sam Brownback, Rudy Giuliani, Mike Huckabee, Duncan Hunter, John McCain, Ron Paul, Mitt Romney, Tom Tancredo, Fred Thompson, Tommy Thompson
As I mentioned in the original email, the participants were allowed to make 1-3 ranked selections for Most Desired and Lease Desired. Those selections were weighted as follows...
1) Worth 3 points
2 Worth 2 points
3) Worth 1 point
So, for example, a candidate who received two first place votes (6 points), a second place vote (2 point), & and three third place votes (3 points), would receive a grand total of 11 points.
Also, keep in mind that the scoring cut-off to be included in the lists below was 10 points. If a candidate received less than that, his/her score was not listed.

Also keep in mind that not everyone put in 3 selections for each area.
Here are the selections that were made with the total number of points each candidate tallied following his/her name in parentheses...

Most Desired Nominee For 2008
9) Sam Brownback (13)
9) Newt Gingrich (13)
8) John McCain (16)
7) Tom Tancredo (27)
6) Ron Paul (28)
5) Duncan Hunter (38)
4) Mike Huckabee (40)
3) Fred Thompson (62)
2) Mitt Romney (67)
1) Rudy Giuliani (75)

Least Desired Nominee For 2008
7) Tom Tancredo (24)
6) Tommy Thompson (27)
5) Sam Brownback (31)
4) Mitt Romney (32)
3) Rudy Giuliani (47)
2) Ron Paul (84)
1) John McCain (100)

Net Score For The 2008 Nominees (Positive Minus Negative)
11) John McCain (-84)
10) Ron Paul (-56)
9) Tommy Thompson (-27)
8) Sam Brownback (-18)
7) Tom Tancredo (3)
6) Newt Gingrich (13)
5) Rudy Giuliani (28)
4) Mitt Romney (35)
3) Duncan Hunter (38)
2) Mike Huckabee (40)
1) Fred Thompson (62)
Would you care to address this quetion?

NJ Straw Poll Scam? Please Help (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=18487)

First post? Let's check this "Straw Poll" out beore taking it at face value. Apparently the campaign knows nothing about it. Maybe they just want $$18$$ from a bunch of RP supporters?