PDA

View Full Version : Probable Preview of what we'll hear from Ron tonight at the debate...

wgadget
09-17-2007, 06:17 AM
http://www.theamericanview.com/index.php?id=916&PHPSESSID=4483d4631b0fb2b619c8d93948dc756e

From the Christian NewsWire

I don't see how he can lose.

wgadget
09-17-2007, 06:24 AM
There's a link at the bottom of the article to listen to the actual interview.

philipsantamaria
09-17-2007, 06:25 AM
Wow that interviewer is a bit excessive...this debate might be painful to stomach.

They wouldn't say that kind of stuff to AuH20.

wgadget
09-17-2007, 06:28 AM
Three hours worth of Values Voter questions...argh.

spacebetween
09-17-2007, 06:28 AM
They wouldn't say that kind of stuff to AuH20.

Ha, clever.

wgadget
09-17-2007, 06:32 AM
Hah..I finally got it! Well, I'm listening to the interview,and as usual, RP cuts through the BS and gets down to the common sense. I don't see how anyone with a brain would not be attracted to his wisdom.

Ridiculous
09-17-2007, 06:35 AM
Hah..I finally got it! Well, I'm listening to the interview,and as usual, RP cuts through the BS and gets down to the common sense. I don't see how anyone with a brain would not be attracted to his wisdom.

Hardcore fundamentalists from any religion are not usually the brightest people, except for the ones running the pack.

10thAmendmentMan
09-17-2007, 06:35 AM

You act as if brains are standard issue. :rolleyes:

wgadget
09-17-2007, 06:36 AM
Hardcore fundamentalists = Baptists who go to church on Sunday nights, too

(That's what I told my daughter last night...)

True?

LibertyEagle
09-17-2007, 07:04 AM
The radio interview is good too.

quickmike
09-17-2007, 08:17 AM

True?

hell, my grandma not only goes on sunday nights, but she also goes on wednesdays too. Shes voting for Ron Paul though after she watched the first debate. LOL I was kinda suprised.

jonahtrainer
09-17-2007, 09:05 AM
Hardcore fundamentalists from any religion are not usually the brightest people, except for the ones running the pack.

There was a study (http://links.jstor.org/sici?sici=0034-673X(198409)26:1%3C43:SHEAR%3E2.0.CO;2-H)done on the correlation between education and religious attendance.

They found that the more formal education a person had the lower their church attendance.

There was a noticeable exception with the LDS (Mormons). They actually had higher church attendance with higher formal education. Peculiar people. Go figure.

braeden0613
09-17-2007, 09:15 AM

True?
I sometimes go to church on sunday nights. Does that make me a hardcore fundamentalist? well maybe, but im still voting for ron paul :D

JMann
09-17-2007, 10:11 AM

For the most part very true. The only person I saw that had anything nice to say about Jerry Falwell when he died (outside of the panda's) was Larry Flint. He said they grew to understand one another because Falwell came to understand what I was selling and I understood what he was selling.

It is all about moving product weather it be tits or souls.

DJ RP
09-17-2007, 10:19 AM
"He believes Scripture is God’s Word and thus inerrant and infallible. "

I wonder if secretly Ron Paul does not believe this... it's just he's so logical on every other issue and yet so illogical here.

No intellectually honest person can believe the bible is inerrant and infallible word of god... just read it... it's clearly written by power hungry men.

BillyDkid
09-17-2007, 10:37 AM
What is this debate? Is it televised?

crhoades
09-17-2007, 10:43 AM

I wonder if secretly Ron Paul does not believe this... it's just he's so logical on every other issue and yet so illogical here.

No intellectually honest person can believe the bible is inerrant and infallible word of god... just read it... it's clearly written by power hungry men.

I would like to think that I'm not brainwashed or intellectually dishonest and I hold to that very thing. And no doubt that some of the people that wrote the Bible were power hungry. In fact it is safe to say that we all are.

May I humbly ask if you have read any books on textual criticism, inerrancy, the canon etc? If you haven't then was it really intellectually honest to make that assertion without first reading the other side's point of view?

Come on people...Big tent stuff here. Let's not attack us weak minded Christians on this site.

quickmike
09-17-2007, 10:45 AM
Before we all start ragging on Ron for pandering to these people, understand, he needs their votes to win. Sure he believes that god is our creator, as lots of RP supporters do (im agnostic by the way, so I dont claim to know the facts about any particular creator) But im confident that he would never use his personal religious beliefs to dictate policy. The Ron Paul tent is a big tent, but it needs to be filled for him to win. We should cut him some slack and understand that to win, he has to play the game.

No worries.

jblosser
09-17-2007, 10:50 AM
Before we all start ragging on Ron for pandering to these people, understand, he needs their votes to win.

Pandering? Ron doesn't pander, he says what he thinks to anyone that will listen to him. Talking to people other people don't like isn't pandering.

Sure he believes that god is our creator, as lots of RP supporters do (im agnostic by the way) But im confident that he would never use his personal religious beliefs to dictate policy.

Actually it is his personal religious beliefs that give him his respect for limited government and Constitutional law, so it's fair to say that's exactly what dictates his policy of freedom, nonintervention, sound money, etc. Go (re)read Bastiat and note he begins with the notion God exists and this is a core point in why we cannot trust government of men with the tools of positive law and corruptability. We don't need guns pushing church policy and if we allow it to happen we only get corrupt churches. It's not an accident of history that the real small government conservative movement has more often than not been associated with Christian statesmen. The social gospel doctrines that the religious right neocons practice are relatively new in our national history.

PS: No, that doesn't mean the Christian approach is the only way to get small government philosophy; the non-theist approach hasn't come up with a credible reason to believe individuals can be trusted with power over others either. We've had these two strains reaching the same conclusions in this country since before it was founded.

wbbgjr
09-17-2007, 10:56 AM
Before we all start ragging on Ron for pandering to these people, understand, he needs their votes to win. Sure he believes that god is our creator, as lots of RP supporters do (im agnostic by the way, so I dont claim to know the facts about any particular creator) But im confident that he would never use his personal religious beliefs to dictate policy. The Ron Paul tent is a big tent, but it needs to be filled for him to win. We should cut him some slack and understand that to win, he has to play the game.

No worries.

As long as Ron Paul doesn't change his message depending on who he talks to then it's fine. In that interview, Ron Paul stood his ground even when it would have been much easier to just give a bit of ground to the fundamentalist interviewing him.

quickmike
09-17-2007, 11:03 AM
Im not saying he IS pandering. Im saying lets not accuse him of it. He's got a balancing act to do here, so some things he might say might sound like pandering to some people.

thats all im saying.

Ridiculous
09-17-2007, 11:07 AM

Ronald Reagan's son is quoted as saying that since he is an atheist he can't run for office. It is very true. I would venture to say that a large number of politicians are not truthful about their religious convictions just so they can get elected. I really could care less. It really doesn't have much to do with their job. Other's would argue that it has every thing to do with it....

Why should the best person be excluded from a job just because they don't believe in god?

Ridiculous
09-17-2007, 11:10 AM
As long as Ron Paul doesn't change his message depending on who he talks to then it's fine. In that interview, Ron Paul stood his ground even when it would have been much easier to just give a bit of ground to the fundamentalist interviewing him.

Exactly, and that is why he has my respect.

CMoore
09-17-2007, 11:14 AM
"
He believes Scripture is God’s Word and thus inerrant and infallible. "

That quote was from the interviewer. That is the interviewer saying what Ron Paul believes, not what Ron Paul is saying he believes. This was a teriffic interview. He does not pander or back down in the face of these fundamentalists and his views represent many mainstream Christians.

ronpaulitician
09-17-2007, 11:14 AM
"Why don't you hate *****?"

ronpaulitician
09-17-2007, 11:16 AM
Why should the best person be excluded from a job just because they don't believe in god?
Heck, I support Ron even though he believes in God :)

BlindD
09-17-2007, 11:42 AM
I would like to think that I'm not brainwashed or intellectually dishonest and I hold to that very thing. And no doubt that some of the people that wrote the Bible were power hungry. In fact it is safe to say that we all are.

May I humbly ask if you have read any books on textual criticism, inerrancy, the canon etc? If you haven't then was it really intellectually honest to make that assertion without first reading the other side's point of view?

Any book - Bible, Koran, Whatever - has a certain audience in mind with any particular verse or chapter. Indeed, everything anyone says has a certain audience in mind. People come with intelligence and understanding that ranges every color of the spectrum, you might say. And so, what makes sense to one may mean the opposite to another. And the third person may not even know what you are talking about.

Killing to one person is a necessary action of dominance, to stay in power. Killing to another is necessary only in self-defense. Killing to a third is simply out of the question no matter what the circumstance. So no matter what you say about killing, you will find acceptance, argument or rejection, depending on the level of consciousness of your listener.

And speaking of level of consciousness (LoC), probably 75% of citizens live with a low LoC, maybe 20% live with a medium LoC, and 5% live at a high LoC - meaning dim bulb, normal brightness and extra brightness.

Politicians, and leaders of any kind, have a very difficult balancing act to maintain in order to get enough people to support them. In the vile system called democracy, where everyone gets 1 vote and majority 'wins', you obviously have 75% Dim Bulbs to cater to in order to get them to support and vote for you. If you happen to be a potentially great leader (i.e. 5% Bright Bulb), then you've got to understand how to communicate with everyone across the spectrum, and that is VERY difficult to do, and to stay consistent and integrous.

The only way to do this is to only speak in the highest of principles, the highest of truthful language. EVERYONE can relate to that, even if they don't fully grasp it or understand it... they know that something powerful is being spoken. This is the power of truth, and Ron Paul speaks it pretty darn well. I would love to see RP pause a little more at key moments in his speeches, now and then, to let the higher truth in his words sink in..... He is getting better at it!

Books such as the Bible or Koran or Gita all have many different levels of consciousness inscribed into their words, so that they may resonate with many different levels of people. But what makes each of them powerful, through the ages, is that the main focus of those books is always pointing to higher truth and wisdom.

RP4ME
09-17-2007, 12:59 PM
Ronald Reagan's son is quoted as saying that since he is an atheist he can't run for office. It is very true. I would venture to say that a large number of politicians are not truthful about their religious convictions just so they can get elected. I really could care less. It really doesn't have much to do with their job. Other's would argue that it has every thing to do with it....

wr

Vaughn
09-17-2007, 01:12 PM
After reading it I thought Paul did really well. He really does exemplify the right kind of Christian; thoughtful, compassionate, understanding. On the other hand that interviewer was unreal, you really could feel the hate coming from him when he talked about homosexuals being "made by the devil". Sometimes i wonder if people like this have even read the New Testament. His statement about God not blessing armies that have homosexuals was just bizarre cause i am pretty sure it was Blessed are the Peacemakers,for they shall be called Sons of God . also don't forget John 15:12"LOVE ONE ANOTHER!". I didn't feel much love from the interviewer.
“The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks.” Jesus.

Syren123
09-17-2007, 01:13 PM
Ha, clever.

Very clever!!

Severius
09-17-2007, 01:15 PM

Nowhere does the Bible claim to be a book completely about good people. That's the whole point, it details lives of evil men as an example of how we shouldn't live our own. The Bible details history, the good and the bad. It is intellectually dishonest of you to belittle the beliefs and views of the religious. Being religious does not mean my intelligence is lower than yours. My concept of reality, my philosophical views on the nature of government, and my stance on liberty are shaped and enhanced by my religion, and my knowledge of the Bible.

Magsec
09-17-2007, 03:45 PM
"I tell him I believe God will not bless any military that’s full of unrepentant homosexuals, adulterers and fornicators. He does not reply to this observation."

I'm strongly convinced that's the exact same reaction Jefferson would have if he was asked the question. I imagine him just staring blankly at the guy like he's strange.

Severius
09-17-2007, 04:45 PM
What time and on what channel will this debate be on?

ksuguy
09-17-2007, 04:54 PM
I just hope it isn't 3 hours of religious questions. Hopefully they'll bring up stuff like home schooling, gun rights, etc.

Michael Ingram
09-17-2007, 05:11 PM
Ha, clever.

Very clever ;)

literatim
09-17-2007, 05:20 PM
What time and on what channel will this debate be on?

Watch it streamed online.

http://www.valuesvoterdebate.com/livestream.cfm?host_id=f2a

Phenom24
09-17-2007, 05:28 PM
hell, my grandma not only goes on sunday nights, but she also goes on wednesdays too. Shes voting for Ron Paul though after she watched the first debate. LOL I was kinda suprised.

My family attends church three times a week and we're all voting for Dr. Paul as well...

Go Grandma!