PDA

View Full Version : A serious question for Rachel, and the rest of us.

danda
03-20-2009, 07:57 PM
Hi Rachel,

I was just watching the Tube of Ron Paul's CNN American Morning appearance today. It was a good appearance, but I think there may have been an opportunity lost to garner support. It seems to me that today he had the perfect opening to plug HR 1207 and gain some popular support for it. The host was nodding along in agreement with his analysis of the situation. She even showed an "I told you so clip" of him predicting bad things back in February when the bailout was passed without anyone having a chance to read it. Wouldn't that have been the PERFECT time to tell Americans about the Read the Bills Act? But in the end, he once again talked about the problems ( generically blaming congress "if congress would wake up", and the fed printing 1T dollars ) without championing OUR solutions (RTBA, and Audit The Fed Act.) I believe that Dr. Paul's analysis often comes across to people as complaining/naysaying without offering positive solutions. So people may agree..... but then what?!! This is especially hard for me to understand when he DOES propose positive solutions on the floor and also writes about them, and especially now when 1207 seems to have some real traction and the timing is PERFECT.

So my question is: Is there some reason why Dr. Paul doesn't use his many recent mass-media appearances to plug his own proposed bills (and our agenda) more? Would it be possible for a little birdie to whisper in his ear: "plug your bills and stress positive solutions during EVERY appearance"???

Thanks for listening.

And to the larger group: Am I wrong on this? Also, isn't this a little too common in the freedom movement? I'm thinking of Freedom Watch, Penn Jillette, Peter Schiff, Glen Beck, and so on... people with a pulpit that complain and analyze and "I told you so" but rarely seem to mention the POSITIVE things we've got going and should all get behind like: competition in currencies act, read the bills act, fed transparency act, liberty dollar organization, downsize dc organization, etc. (no doubt there's ton's more, those come to mind.) The time is ripe for these reforms and our movement has ToNS of energy; it is just unfocused.... shouldn't "our guys" who actually have a mic be shouting about these things at the top of their lungs and helping to focus that energy in a positive direction?

Read the Bills Act:
http://www.downsizedc.org/page/read_the_laws

Federal Reserve Transparency Act:
http://thomas.loc.gov/home/gpoxmlc111/h1207_ih.xml

Free Competition in Currency Act:
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-4683

( Please list more below )

specsaregood
03-20-2009, 08:02 PM
It seems to me that today he had the perfect opening to plug HR 1207 and gain some popular support for it.

I'm fairly certain that he has been plugging HR1207 on pretty much ever interview he has been on of late; at least everyone I remember.

ladyjade3
03-20-2009, 08:03 PM
Danda,

Wow, great question. Late on a Friday night. It may be selection effect, but I thought he was mentioning that bill pretty frequently- and you in grassroots are too. Let me think about this some more and I'll get back to you.

Rachel

tremendoustie
03-20-2009, 08:06 PM
+1000 to danda, great suggestion.

Also I'd like to express my appreciation to you, ladyjade, opening up communication between us and the CFL, I think it's very important.

MRoCkEd
03-20-2009, 08:09 PM
Yeah, it wouldn't hurt for him to slip in campaignforliberty.com at the end. :p

Ninja Homer
03-20-2009, 08:11 PM

QFT

We've all been saying that forever.

tremendoustie
03-20-2009, 08:11 PM

That's good, but I'd rather see him talk about specific bills, if it's one or the other.

danda
03-20-2009, 08:15 PM
Wow LadyJade, you are quick!

Maybe I just haven't been watching the right appearances of late. If so, my apologies.

I can say though that in informal polling of a few friends/family... they do pick up the vibe I tried to express above, about "ok there's a problem, but what's Ron Paul's solution other than blame the government and do nothing"? ( Their sentiment, not mine )

danda
03-20-2009, 08:17 PM
Also I'd like to express my appreciation to you, ladyjade, opening up communication between us and the CFL, I think it's very important.

+10000 to that. Thank-you Rachel.