PDA

View Full Version : Missouri Governor Stands Behind MIAC Smear Report

donnay
03-20-2009, 04:50 PM
Missouri Governor Stands Behind MIAC Smear Report

Nixon defends document that equates Ron Paul supporters & people who display bumper stickers with terrorists, says feds will continue to issue similar reports

http://www.prisonplanet.com/images/March2009/200309top.jpg

Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet.com (http://www.prisonplanet.com/missouri-governor-stands-behind-miac-smear-report.html)
Friday, March 20, 2009

Missouri Governor Jay Nixon has defended a report issued by the Missouri Information Analysis Center that smears Ron Paul supporters, people who have knowledge of the U.S. Constitution, and people who display political bumper stickers as potential domestic terrorists.

As we revealed in our exclusive report last week, a leaked secret report distributed by the federal Missouri Information Analysis Center lists Ron Paul supporters, libertarians, people who display bumper stickers, people who own gold, or even people who fly a U.S. flag and equates them with radical race hate groups and terrorists.

The MIAC report specifically describes supporters of presidential candidates Ron Paul, Chuck Baldwin, and Bob Barr as “militia” influenced terrorists and instructs the Missouri police to be on the lookout for supporters displaying bumper stickers and other paraphernalia associated with the Constitutional, Campaign for Liberty, and Libertarian parties.

The MIAC report does not concentrate on Muslim terrorists, but rather on the so-called “militia movement” and conflates it with supporters of Ron Paul, Chuck Baldwin, Bob Barr, the so-called patriot movement and other political activist organizations opposed to the North American Union and the New World Order.

Police are educated in the document that people are are anti-abortion, own gold, display an assortment of U.S. flags, or even those that talk about the film Zeitgeist, view the police as their “enemy” and conflates them with domestic terrorists like Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh, Olympic bomber Eric Rudolph and other domestic militia groups who have been charged with plotting terrorist attacks.

Governor Nixon defended the report yesterday, stating, “Getting information, especially public information, out of our fusion center out to local law enforcement agencies is we do every day and we’re going to continue to do,” said Nixon. “Any way they take that information and can analyze what the threat levels are is important to make sure the public stays safe.”

Both Governor Nixon and the Missouri Information Analysis Center may have acted foolishly in refusing to denounce the report for what it is - a completely inaccurate smear which if anything makes America less safe from terrorists because it identifies as terrorists some of the most patriotic groups one can imagine.

The fact that the document clearly constitutes libel and defamation has not gone unnoticed by Chuck Baldwin, Ron Paul and Bob Barr, who have agreed to pursue legal action if the report is not withdrawn.

The three former presidential candidates have sent a letter to Missouri officials protesting the MIAC report. Appearing on The Alex Jones Show yesterday, Baldwin said that he and his fellow letter signatories will consider legal action if the letter does not result in a repudiation of the MIAC report and its absurd allegations.

hillbilly123069
03-21-2009, 01:22 AM
The best governor you can buy!

0zzy
03-21-2009, 01:28 AM
I just read "Nixon defends documents" and I was like, what? Is this about watergate? haha funny stuff.

Aratus
03-21-2009, 10:25 AM
admittedly he's a democrat, a distant cousin of the potus and has been A.G for 4 terms
before becoming a governor. he's not backing away from how the memo profiles and
also libels or slanders people on the road? a crude huey long era demagogery that is
loud and tapping resentments is very public & obvious. someone who seeks to infiltrate
a movement or party who seeks to discredit the same would opt to conform up front. nixon
has not said to equally watch out for the negative behavior across the spectrum. in the
1930s there was the ability of the nazi "silver shirts" to infiltrate the trotsky people & provoke
clearly illegal actions. i had hoped that the memo could be pulled back and a newer memo
sent out as to the specifics of who is actually violent and trying to take over our government...

LandonCook
03-21-2009, 10:48 AM
I just hate people anymore...

Aratus
03-21-2009, 10:52 AM
have a thought. is the dude happily grandstanding so as to be joe biden's
replacement on the 2012 ticket for the democrats? i sense a politics, here...

fedup100
03-21-2009, 11:04 AM
There needs to be a lawsuit and and a recall of this traitor by the good people of Mo.

donnay
03-21-2009, 01:53 PM
*Bump*

torchbearer
03-21-2009, 01:53 PM
let's send them copies of OUR pamphlet once it is complete.

ItsTime
03-21-2009, 01:55 PM

Ill send a few :D

He Who Pawns
03-21-2009, 02:05 PM
Haul his ass to court then.

pcosmar
03-21-2009, 02:08 PM

http://ethel.nomadlife.org/uploaded_images/patience-716013.jpg

Waiting patiently. ;)

pcosmar
03-21-2009, 02:10 PM
Haul his ass to court then.

Chuck Baldwin stated that would be the next step if their letter was ignored.

Michael Landon
03-21-2009, 03:27 PM
Could we, Ron Paul/Chuck Baldwin/Bob Barr supporters, file a lawsuit against them for slandering us?

- ML

rational thinker
03-21-2009, 03:34 PM
What a douche.

satchelmcqueen
03-21-2009, 06:24 PM
Could we, Ron Paul/Chuck Baldwin/Bob Barr supporters, file a lawsuit against them for slandering us?

- ML

i would think so. i myself have no criminal record and have always taken care of my family. i dont need people looking at me in a bad light just because i have a RON PAUL sticker on my jeep, or still wear his t-shirts. ild sign that class action law suit. i dont need people like him telling others that i am a terrorist or a suspected one. ron paul is the furthest from that thought process and so am I.

donnay
03-21-2009, 06:53 PM
There needs to also be a push to impeach Nixon. :mad:

pcosmar
03-21-2009, 06:57 PM
There needs to also be a push to impeach Nixon. :mad:

Where have I heard that before? ;)

ronpaulhawaii
03-21-2009, 07:09 PM
Governor Nixon defended the report yesterday, stating, “Getting information, especially public information, out of our fusion center out to local law enforcement agencies is we do every day and we’re going to continue to do,” said Nixon. “Any way they take that information and can analyze what the threat levels are is important to make sure the public stays safe.”

They keep going back this "public information" excuse...

If they are claiming that anything publicly available on the internet is reliable enough to send out official profiling alerts, then I hardly know what to say. They seem to basically be saying, "I found it on the internet so it must be true" I smell an ad campaign...

- ML

I look forward to seeing better minds than mine explore that...

zach
03-21-2009, 07:11 PM
What's this counter-pamphlet I'm hearing about?

Will it become available to us?

pcosmar
03-21-2009, 07:16 PM
What's this counter-pamphlet I'm hearing about?

Will it become available to us?

Inquiring minds what to know.

That has been the question of the day. ;)

waiting

ronpaulhawaii
03-21-2009, 07:21 PM
Inquiring minds what to know.

That has been the question of the day. ;)

waiting

http://i.technet.microsoft.com/Cc512655.ImpatientApps%28en-us,TechNet.10%29.jpg

pcosmar
03-21-2009, 07:28 PM
http://www.lolcat.net/d/2221-3/impatient_cat.gif

Waiting,,:)

Volitzer
03-21-2009, 07:42 PM
Someone needs to show Missouri's governor the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights primarily the 4th Amendment.

Show me state indeed.

LATruth
03-21-2009, 08:14 PM
Don't governors swear the same oath as the President? To uphold the Constitution?

Elle
03-21-2009, 08:39 PM
Don't governors swear the same oath as the President? To uphold the Constitution?

Yes, they do. So do federal judges. It can be considered high crime or treason to violate the oath.

LibertyEagle
03-21-2009, 08:59 PM
I'm sick of this shit. They need to have their asses sued. :mad:

pcosmar
03-21-2009, 09:03 PM
[Self Moderated-comment deleted]
Sued will do. :(

LibertyEagle
03-21-2009, 09:15 PM
[Self Moderated-comment deleted]
Sued will do. :(

lol

dannno
03-21-2009, 09:27 PM
I'd support a class action suit, I think if we do it jointly then we could help to financially support the trio Paul/Baldwin/Barr

satchelmcqueen
03-21-2009, 09:30 PM

on a note to that statement...when was the last time a government official of judge was held to this high esteem?

satchelmcqueen
03-21-2009, 09:31 PM
I'd support a class action suit, I think if we do it jointly then we could help to financially support the trio Paul/Baldwin/Barr

i agree. they need to know that they are not alone. ild sign it in a heartbeat!

JK/SEA
03-21-2009, 09:36 PM
If there is a suit, what will the suit award be..approx...? any number being thrown around yet?.. and who will pay?

pcosmar
03-21-2009, 09:41 PM
If there is a suit, what will the suit award be..approx...? any number being thrown around yet?.. and who will pay?

Unknown, But sending the message that this is unacceptable would be worth it. This report leaked from Missouri and attention is there, but you can bet this is nation wide.
This is linked to Federal programs, and is shared information.
This affects us all. :(

qh4dotcom
03-21-2009, 10:19 PM
Bump