PDA

View Full Version : Miac update 3/20/09 must read

Bryon Huber
03-20-2009, 02:24 PM
MIAC UPDATE: PLEASE READ AND SPREAD

I (Bryon) was contacted by Major Replogle who is in charge of Missouri’s Criminal Patrol, and oversees the MIAC. He called me on behalf of the Governor to discuss the Modern Militia Movement document. It was a great conversation and he assured me that the intent of the report was to educate police officers, officer safety and alert them of new trends. He also acknowledged that some of the wording could have been better, but that they (MIAC and MO) stand firmly behind this document. I asked him if it would be possible to have a retraction of the document, and he informed me that it was never meant for the eyes outside law enforcement and the officer who leaked the document violated the law. He also reminded me that they are standing firmly behind the document.

On behalf of the Liberty Restoration Project, I offered to bring a team of liberty minded citizens to a meeting to discuss crafting a new document that could be used in its stead. He welcomed the opportunity for us to come out and help educate their team. He also mentioned that not one law enforcement agency has contacted the MIAC to express disdain for the document, and that it appeared that all agencies were appreciative of the information in the document.

I asked Maj. Replogle about the officers that perished by the hands of “militia” members, he cited 3 unfortunate circumstances. I couldn’t write fast enough so please pardon my inaccurate recount of the officers or situation. He mentioned an officer who was killed in the line of duty in 1985 by a member of the Christian Identity Movement (white supremacist group). He cited the David Tate case where Mr. Tate was transporting a van full of explosives and automatic weapons. Tate was pulled over and he began to open fire on the officers, killing one with 11 rounds and another was wounded. Another officer died a year after being shot through a window of his own home (1987). Obviously the threat is real, and paramilitary groups do exist. He also added an example of a theoretical situation, that if he or another officer were to pull over a vehicle that was breaking the law, and they saw a bumper sticker that read “Don’t take my guns away”, they would instinctually use caution, that the person inside MAY have a firearm.

I was also repeatedly assured that no officer would profile vehicles with political information on the vehicles or because of profiling; he commented that the officers take the Constitution very seriously and would never encroach on our civil rights. If we ever felt that our rights were encroached upon, to contact the police department in question and let them know and an investigation will be launched.

With all that being said, he wanted me to inform EVERYONE that they have set-up an email account specifically for the MIAC concerns. He asked me to direct everyone to that email and they will look into everyone’s concerns. That email is:
MIACINFO@mshp.dps.mp.gov

Now here is my take on this conversation (Maj. Replogle, I hope you still understand my concerns and don’t hate me for this), the MIAC is not going to budge on this document, AND NEITHER ARE WE!!! Our demands are clear and precise. We feel that this document is a potential violation of our 1st Amendment rights to freely express ourselves without fear of being singled out. If Governor Nixon won’t retract this document and apologize for unintentionally slandering an ENTIRE group of AMERICAN’S based on their political beliefs, then we will continue to fight against the state of Missouri until we feel that this injustice is corrected.

So PLEASE, continue to call Governor Nixon and RESPECTFULLY tell them that you won’t tolerate being singled out as a domestic threat and that you will not spend one dime in Missouri, and advocate against his re-election until he fixes this.
(573) 751-3222

PLEASE continue to contact the MIAC, tell them thank you for taking the time to talk personally to the Liberty Restoration Project, but you won’t back down either!
MIACINFO@mshp.dps.mp.gov

We WON’T take this laying down! We won’t continue to slowly let our elected officials strip away what’s left of our liberty. What we are asking is NOT asking much. It wouldn’t take much for them to fix this problem, but their adamant defiance to respond to the people they EMPLOY will not be tolerated any more.

If we don’t stand out ground here, then we will have failed the children yet to come!!!

United,
Bryon Huber
Director of Public Relation
Liberty Restoration Project
Bryon@libertyrestorationproject.org

http://www.libertyrestorationproject.org/2009/03/20/miac-update-32009-must-read/

LittleLightShining
03-20-2009, 02:30 PM
Ugh.

This is not encouraging at all. Keep on keepin' on. We have truth on our side.

ItsTime
03-20-2009, 02:32 PM
Fact more innocent people have been killed by police than militia. FACT!

Fact more innocent people have been wrongly incarcerated by police than militia. FACT!

Fact more innocent people have had their civil rights abused by police than militia. FACT!

Fact more police have lied under oath than militia. FACT!

fedup100
03-20-2009, 02:38 PM
The honorable governor Nixon has already released a statement that he supports the document 100%. :mad:

Bryon Huber
03-20-2009, 02:38 PM
FACT Agreed! FACT! Which is why we CAN'T back down. The Major was a very nice guy, and I feel bad that he's under so much pressure, but he brought this pressure down on himself with the help of DHS and the Governor. Need to keep the heat on, they are feeling it and it's wearing on them!!!

StudentForPaul08
03-20-2009, 02:40 PM
They stand by targeting us though. That is the real problem. This update proves we can't back down.

Bruno
03-20-2009, 02:41 PM
Fact more innocent people have been killed by police than militia. FACT!

Fact more innocent people have been wrongly incarcerated by police than militia. FACT!

Fact more innocent people have had their civil rights abused by police than militia. FACT!

Fact more police have lied under oath than militia. FACT!

If he only could site three, then more officers have probably been killed by honey bees than militia members. They should send out a memo to watch out for killer bees.

UtahApocalypse
03-20-2009, 02:48 PM
I really like the idea of a "Liberty Information Summit" with Law Enforcement to educate them on our side of the story. That may be a step that should be pursued. You all in MO. are doing amazing work!!

tremendoustie
03-20-2009, 02:52 PM
... he commented that the officers take the Constitution very seriously and would never encroach on our civil rights. If we ever felt that our rights were encroached upon, to contact the police department in question and let them know and an investigation will be launched.

Mwaaahaahhhhahah *snort *giggle ...

tremendoustie
03-20-2009, 02:57 PM
If he only could site three, then more officers have probably been killed by honey bees than militia members. They should send out a memo to watch out for killer bees.

We should make a list of things which have killed more officers in MO than militia members.

And, if all of the examples were white supremacists, why was the memo not just about them? I think if had been targeted in that way, no one would have complained.

Instead, all third party supporters get implicated because a couple racists killed a couple cops 20 years ago. Seriously, on what planet does this make sense?

I might as well never eat any meat again because poisonous snails exist.

CatherineBleish
03-20-2009, 03:18 PM
Seriously, on what planet does this make sense?

On planet tyrannical fascism.

pcosmar
03-20-2009, 03:36 PM
That document may not be a Declaration of War, But it is certainly the Intent of War.:(

At least we know who's side they are on.

Bruno
03-20-2009, 03:43 PM
We should make a list of things which have killed more officers in MO than militia members.

And, if all of the examples were white supremacists, why was the memo not just about them? I think if had been targeted in that way, no one would have complained.

Instead, all third party supporters get implicated because a couple racists killed a couple cops 20 years ago. Seriously, on what planet does this make sense?

I might as well never eat any meat again because poisonous snails exist.

I like this idea.

paulitics
03-20-2009, 03:47 PM
It sounds like they have already been brainwashed. Very dishonest intellectual debate here.
What do libertarians have to do with violent white nationalists? Answer, nothing. There is about as much correlation between us and them, as someone who listens to Sean Hannity.
Yet, I saw nothing about Sean Hannity, Michelle Malkin, Rush Limbaugh, etc

No, they aren't worried about us getting violent. They have to go back more than 2 decades for PSYCHOS that have nothing to do with us. They are worried about our message of freedom, because it sounds like they are planning to take it away.

CatherineBleish
03-20-2009, 03:54 PM
it sounds like they have already been brainwashed. Very dishonest intellectual debate here.
What do libertarians have to do with violent white nationalists? Answer, nothing. There is about as much correlation between us and them, as someone who listens to sean hannity.
Yet, i saw nothing about sean hannity, michelle malkin, rush limbaugh, etc

no, they aren't worried about us getting violent. They have to go back more than 2 decades for psychos that have nothing to do with us. They are worried about our message of freedom, because it sounds like they are planning to take it away.

amen!

paulitics
03-20-2009, 04:03 PM
By the way, is there any proof that the violent white nationalist psychos from two decades were registered libertarians?

Ninja Homer
03-20-2009, 04:12 PM
He also added an example of a theoretical situation, that if he or another officer were to pull over a vehicle that was breaking the law, and they saw a bumper sticker that read “Don’t take my guns away”, they would instinctually use caution, that the person inside MAY have a firearm.

WTF do they do if they pull over a vehicle without bumper stickers? Don't use caution?
If they pull over a vehicle with a DARE bumper sticker do they leave their guns in the squad car and skip to the vehicle with a smile, offering hugs?

I just don't understand how this document helps in any way. If anything, this document just made all the militias trust cops less, and it is probably strengthening militias as people trust the government less and less. You have to wonder... are they really that stupid, or are they trying to incite riots and martial law?

Somebody should tell him to watch Glenn Beck on Monday, since Beck said he's devoting a full hour specifically to this document.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSohi9pocc8

hotbrownsauce
03-20-2009, 04:46 PM
I just sent an e-mail.

torchbearer
03-20-2009, 04:51 PM
WTF do they do if they pull over a vehicle without bumper stickers? Don't use caution?
If they pull over a vehicle with a DARE bumper sticker do they leave their guns in the squad car and skip to the vehicle with a smile, offering hugs?

I just don't understand how this document helps in any way. If anything, this document just made all the militias trust cops less, and it is probably strengthening militias as people trust the government less and less. You have to wonder... are they really that stupid, or are they trying to incite riots and martial law?

Somebody should tell him to watch Glenn Beck on Monday, since Beck said he's devoting a full hour specifically to this document.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSohi9pocc8

I wish someone would slap them with this logic.

dannno
03-20-2009, 04:51 PM
He brought up 3 examples of militia incidents and they were all from the 80s??!?!

torchbearer
03-20-2009, 04:55 PM
He brought up 3 examples of militia incidents and they were all from the 80s??!?!

Yeh... doesn't that sound like immediate danger to you?

pcosmar
03-20-2009, 05:07 PM
That's their spin and they are sticking to it.

This was never supposed to be seen, this is Secret Police stuff.

We need to re spin it. and spin it Hard. :mad:

ronpaulhawaii
03-20-2009, 05:11 PM
Seriously, on what planet does this make sense?

On planet tyrannical fascism.

LOL

WTF do they do if they pull over a vehicle without bumper stickers? Don't use caution? If they pull over a vehicle with a DARE bumper sticker do they leave their guns in the squad car and skip to the vehicle with a smile, offering hugs?

LMAO

They were white supremacist incidents; just because they misuse the term, doesn't mean we should...

And I'd like to see more info on this "shot through a window" report.

By the way, is there any proof that the violent white nationalist psychos from two decades were registered libertarians?

Exactly.

I like how Penn Jillette framed our position the other day, "They are afraid of our bumper stickers, not our guns"

Calm and rational; Wisdom rules the day

and remember RPs first rule of campaigning

Have Fun!

:)

Chieftain1776
03-20-2009, 05:41 PM

Why don't they spend that time and energy focusing things like..I don't murders and real crimes? "For that year the State of Missouri had a total Crime Index of 4,527.8 reported incidents per 100,000 people." (http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/mocrimn.htm) and they're screwing with political activists over couple dead cops over 2 decades...who were armed and capable of self defense? What about innocent citizens that could be saved with the resources of the MIAC report put into extra pay for extra patrols? I'm sure that the 271,668 criminal acts PER YEAR in Missouri would be better addressed by that.

This is why I'm sympathetic to anarcho-capitalism. The state always devotes more resources towards protecting their own agents and weights threats to its authority thousands of times more than warranted.

You should protest with chants and signs like "Chase murderers not activists!" Maybe even drum up some unsolved murders and embarrass them with the details. They'll still hate you though.

Actually even more because you point out their INCOMPETENCE and some PIGS don't care about crime but their own damn ego's and authority. Especially the ones who make it higher up like the office jockey you talked to. Even if it's a few they'll go out of their way to harass you. They don't get paid for solving crimes.

Unfortunately it's probably not worth the extra harassment you'll receive. Ugh such bull@*$#

beerista
03-20-2009, 05:42 PM
I asked Maj. Replogle about the officers that perished by the hands of “militia” members, he cited 3 unfortunate circumstances. I couldn’t write fast enough so please pardon my inaccurate recount of the officers or situation. He mentioned an officer who was killed in the line of duty in 1985 by a member of the Christian Identity Movement (white supremacist group). He cited the David Tate case where Mr. Tate was transporting a van full of explosives and automatic weapons. Tate was pulled over and he began to open fire on the officers, killing one with 11 rounds and another was wounded. Another officer died a year after being shot through a window of his own home (1987). Obviously the threat is real, and paramilitary groups do exist.
So, based on admittedly tragic murders, they're profiling members of a party that didn't exist at the time the murders took place and supporters of a political candidate that few in Missouri would have heard of at the time. Wow, with investigative skills like that, Missouri must be a wonderland for criminals.

He also added an example of a theoretical situation, that if he or another officer were to pull over a vehicle that was breaking the law, and they saw a bumper sticker that read “Don’t take my guns away”, they would instinctually use caution, that the person inside MAY have a firearm.
The logic of his own example suggests that if they pull over someone with a Ron Paul bumper sticker, there MAY be a Ron Paul on board. How lucky for the officer!

tremendoustie
03-20-2009, 05:52 PM
Why don't they spend that time and energy focusing things like..I don't murders and real crimes? "For that year the State of Missouri had a total Crime Index of 4,527.8 reported incidents per 100,000 people." (http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/mocrimn.htm) and they're screwing with political activists over couple dead cops over 2 decades...who were armed and capable of self defense? What about innocent citizens that could be saved with the resources of the MIAC report put into extra pay for extra patrols? I'm sure that the 271,668 criminal acts PER YEAR in Missouri would be better addressed by that.

This is why I'm sympathetic to anarcho-capitalism. The state always devotes more resources towards protecting their own agents and weights threats to its authority thousands of times more than warranted.

You should protest with chants and signs like "Chase murderers not activists!" Maybe even drum up some unsolved murders and embarrass them with the details. They'll still hate you though.

Actually even more because you point out their INCOMPETENCE and some PIGS don't care about crime but their own damn ego's and authority. Especially the ones who make it higher up like the office jockey you talked to. Even if it's a few they'll go out of their way to harass you. They don't get paid for solving crimes.

Unfortunately it's probably not worth the extra harassment you'll receive. Ugh such bull@*$#

This is a good idea. The point is not to make them like us, the point is to get mainstream folks on our side.