PDA

View Full Version : Turning up the heat on Missouri

ronpaulhawaii
03-20-2009, 11:41 AM
List of Missouri Newspapers and Sample Letter to the Editor (Time to turn up the heat a little)

Today at 1:35pm | Edit Note (http://www.facebook.com/editnote.php?note_id=24507264986) | Delete (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=663957952&ref=name#)

This link has links to most of the print media in MO

http://www.usnpl.com/monews.php

Word Count = <250

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Editor,

Since your Governor has gone on record defending the indefensible, I am writing to let your readers know that your state is fast becoming the nation's most reviled. If you haven't heard of the in-famous MIAC Report, I'd suggest you google it up, and decide for yourself if you think the US Constitution is subversive literature, and that GOP voters, (as well as 3rd party supporters) should be profiled, and treated as potential terrorists by your police forces.

It seems my opinion, which I share with such notables as George Washington, that government is a necessary evil, brands me a potential terrorist, in Missouri.

Wow, America sure has changed...

So be it. The existence of this report proves my opinion accurate. I will continue to stand up for the rights of us all, despite these frightening reports. I am American; I still believe in the land of the free, the home of the brave.

And perhaps a heads-up is in order: I have re-routed my upcoming trip to avoid a week in your state. People are recommending that others do everything they can to reduce Missouri's tax income, enabling such totalitarian bigotry. Sorry, I am sure there are plenty of fine, upstanding Missouri citizens who find this report, and your Governor's defense of it, as despicable as I. We can only hope that they start raising a stink, so that any “Boycott Missouri” events are short-lived.

Respectfully

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No, I am not pushing an organized boycott. Hopefully the threat of one will be enough.

I am hoping we can flood the entire state with letters conveying our moral outrage... Please pass on...

Thanks

m

ps, if anyone wants to give Governor Nixon a shout ;), here is his contact info, as well:

Office of Governor Jay Nixon
P.O. Box 720
Jefferson City, MO 65102
(573) 751-3222

LittleLightShining
03-20-2009, 11:45 AM
Have we heard anything about the outcome of the sunshine law request?

ronpaulhawaii
03-20-2009, 11:54 AM
not yet, today is the day, though...

Aratus
03-21-2009, 09:25 AM
bump!!!

qh4dotcom
03-21-2009, 10:02 AM
Bump

ronpaulhawaii
03-21-2009, 10:06 AM
Google

MIAC Report Nixon

hillertexas
03-21-2009, 10:17 AM
The "St. Louis Post Dispatch" is widely read and also, one not on the OP's list is "The Riverfront Times" which is widely read by the young in St. Louis: http://www.riverfronttimes.com/feedback/EmailAnEmployee/?department=letters

Also, I would suggest contacting the "Belleville News Democrat". This is a newspaper in Belleville, IL...right across the river from St. Louis. People go back and forth from St. Louis to Belleville on a regular basis...it is so close that lots of people live in IL but work in MO. It is widely read and as a bonus, Scott Air Force Base is there. So there are plenty of military around that will read it. You could probably get plenty of people interested in the St. Louis event, if you advertise in this newspaper as well as the above mentioned ones...especially the "Riverfront Times".
Letters to the editor: letters@bnd.com 618-239-2472

Also, maybe we should consider contacting Missouri Universities.

pcosmar
03-21-2009, 10:21 AM
I am not finding anything about a response to the "request" for information.

Should we turn up the heat and make it a demand?
Who (specifically) produced this?
Where (specifically) did they get the information?
How many (specifically) Officers received this?
Who did the Fusion Centers share this information with?
etc.

ronpaulhawaii
03-21-2009, 10:24 AM
I am not finding anything about a response to the "request" for information.

Should we turn up the heat and make it a demand?
Who (specifically) produced this?
Where (specifically) did they get the information?
How many (specifically) Officers received this?
Who did the Fusion Centers share this information with?
etc.

Yep, that'll be the next stage... Perhaps people could start getting these kind of questions to Beck, Rush, etc...

MsDoodahs
03-21-2009, 10:53 AM
There is another technique (once again, something I think that is from 101 Things to Do ...)

Send some letters "in support" of the state - just take their idiocy all the way to its conclusion.

In this case, maybe equate those respected orgs that use the Gadsden flag (like I think someone mentioned the Boy Scouts?) and explain that those respected orgs are known breeding grounds for terrists.

I'm sure there are other ways to expose it with some fake "in support" letters...the boy scout thing was the first thing I thought of.

Aratus
03-21-2009, 11:07 AM
http://www.applet-magic.com/pendergast.htm can moderators ever be wrong? not often!
i am including a link on the old pendergast machine for i think it is reflective of the political
environment harry s. truman sprang out of to national prominence. in a great many ways,
the current governor of missouri has two democrats as templates for his actions, and yes...
he may be more "new south" and less of a bigot than harry s. truman was in his rare worst
moments... however, if the dude is a control freak like his honorable republican potus cousin
for whatever reason in his past, he perhaps is a very ambitious man. new south, yet ambitious.

pcosmar
03-21-2009, 11:18 AM
There is another technique (once again, something I think that is from 101 Things to Do ...)

Send some letters "in support" of the state - just take their idiocy all the way to its conclusion.

In this case, maybe equate those respected orgs that use the Gadsden flag (like I think someone mentioned the Boy Scouts?) and explain that those respected orgs are known breeding grounds for terrists.

I'm sure there are other ways to expose it with some fake "in support" letters...the boy scout thing was the first thing I thought of.

Oooo. That stirs some twisted thoughts. ;)
I'll have to give that time to percolate, and maybe create a new user name.

Where is that "evil Grin"smilie?

MsDoodahs
03-21-2009, 11:26 AM
Oooo. That stirs some twisted thoughts. ;)
I'll have to give that time to percolate, and maybe create a new user name.

Where is that "evil Grin"smilie?

Oh goodness. I maybe shouldn't have posted that idea, huh?

;)

Aratus
03-21-2009, 11:31 AM
you do know jay nixon must be thinkin' of a much higher office. --- bobby jindal was on our tvs recently.
governor palin is accepting less than 70% of the stimulus big bucks. bobby jindal also refuses some of
the federal funds and got the mayor of new orleans very angry at him, even though the amount refused
by louisiana is less i think than that for alaska. i see mr. nixon as being an ambitious dude seeking out an issue.

MsDoodahs
03-21-2009, 11:46 AM
Well, he picked the wrong issue, didn't he?

Minarchy4Sale
03-21-2009, 12:51 PM
Im seriously dissapointed by Gov. Nixon. He is from my home county, and I met him back in the day when he was a state senator and gave a shit. He clearly isnt the same guy now.