PDA

View Full Version : RP Movement Has Been Hijacked!

fedup100
03-20-2009, 09:44 AM
Beck is leading the way. My son called me this morning very excited over the book club formed through the meet-ups formed by BECK!!

Why didn't Paul or C4L start something like this through the already existing meet-up groups. No, here we sit posting about how Beck has come around. My ass if he has come around. The enemy has wrapped that turd in a flag and stuck a r3volution sign on him and the masses are following this media creation into the pit of hell!

People, the MSM and the Republican party are hijacking Ron Paul, his revolution and our ideas for their own.

They are starting this thing early and they will whip it into a frenzy and by the end of the year, Beck will gently guide the idiot masses to THEIR new savior pick to run against O.

This pick will be the usual suspects and you, me all of us that have watched Beck will be duped again.

We must do something now!!! Any ideas, or we gonna let them take it all away.

My son was leader for Paul. He is very informed and he cannot see what they are doing, how the hell will the sheeple know the difference?

sparebulb
03-20-2009, 10:01 AM
I would be pleasantly surprised if Bleckt is genuinely converted to Constitutional principles. I am very distrustful, however. I fear that Bleckt is going to be the pied-piper that misleads the masses straight to the FEMA camps.

acptulsa
03-20-2009, 10:04 AM
Hijack the hijack. Use Beck to spread the word, but do not ever give him our unqualified approval and do not ever tell anyone that his every utterance is gold. When he's done helping us and goes back to slamming us, we can then drop him like a hot rock.

Tricky business, but what else is there?

Theocrat
03-20-2009, 10:05 AM
I see this as a great opportunity for the principles of liberty and limited government to be shared like they haven't been done by the mainstream media in a long time. Rather than seeing Glenn Beck as a threat, why can't we just give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that he is getting closer to understanding what true liberty and prosperity are about in the original intents of our republic?

LittleLightShining
03-20-2009, 10:06 AM
Hijack the hijack. Use Beck to spread the word, but do not ever give him our unqualified approval and do not ever tell anyone that his every utterance is gold. When he's done helping us and goes back to slamming us, we can then drop him like a hot rock.

Tricky business, but what else is there?THIS.

Don't get mad at Beck-- use him.

heavenlyboy34
03-20-2009, 10:07 AM
Beck is leading the way. My son called me this morning very excited over the book club formed through the meet-ups formed by BECK!!

Why didn't Paul or C4L start something like this through the already existing meet-up groups. No, here we sit posting about how Beck has come around. My ass if he has come around. The enemy has wrapped that turd in a flag and stuck a r3volution sign on him and the masses are following this media creation into the pit of hell!

People, the MSM and the Republican party are hijacking Ron Paul, his revolution and our ideas for their own.

They are starting this thing early and they will whip it into a frenzy and by the end of the year, Beck will gently guide the idiot masses to THEIR new savior pick to run against O.

This pick will be the usual suspects and you, me all of us that have watched Beck will be duped again.

My son was leader for Paul. He is very informed and he cannot see what they are doing, how the hell will the sheeple know the difference?

I am going by the old "trust but verify" slogan in regards to Beck. If you want to persuade people to think more critically about Beck, it's best not to tell them that they're wrong. This puts them on the defensive. Just politely ask them to consider alternatives and give some evidence for your opinion. (reading "How To Win Friends And Influence People" has helped me in my efforts to develop this skill. You may like it too.)

heavenlyboy34
03-20-2009, 10:09 AM
I see this as a great opportunity for the principles of liberty and limited government to be shared like they haven't been done by the mainstream media in a long time. Rather than seeing Glenn Beck as a threat, why can't we just give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that he is getting closer to understanding what true liberty and prosperity are about in the original intents of our republic?

Probably because we've all been disappointed so many times by MSM types. But I agree with you that Beck has been doing good work thus far. As of my writing this, I approve of his stuff. I'm continuing on the "trust but verify" route with Beck. Happy Friday, Theo. :D:cool:

Melissa
03-20-2009, 10:12 AM
We joined the group where I am at and invited them to Movie night and some are coming. Don't worry where they got the message just get them involved and then we can use the extra hands

pcosmar
03-20-2009, 10:15 AM
copied from another thread.

http://rightbrainplanner.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/snake-oil.jpg

There is a reason for Beck's latest sermons. They know that the vast majority of Americans are peaceful, even when pissed.
He is targeting the small minority of the radicals. They want someone to "GO OFF". That will give an excuse for a reaction.
Don't take the bait.
And don't trust him, he is not our friend.
please watch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUx_ynBiFjs

fedup100
03-20-2009, 10:21 AM

Tricky business, but what else is there?

They are using US!! This will not end well. They know they will be praised and allowed to "spread the message". Then when they need to switch the bait and switch to THEIR controlled candidate, you will not be able to anything, nothing ZIP!

This is un(*^%ing real and it is all over this board too and they are watching, they are laughing their asses off behind the scenes, how could you fall for this.

Jones is on it too on his show today, we are being set up.

Xenophage
03-20-2009, 10:25 AM
You guys are either too optimistic or too suspicious. I would be interested in seeing how it breaks down along the lines of "NWO conspiracy believers" vs. "regular joe libertarians."

Personally, I find Beck entertaining a great deal of the time and I'll take whatever I can get. If he comes around at all to any better philosophy, that's great - and I think he has at least come around a bit economically. If he doesn't, he's still better than a slew of other talking heads.

You all seem to think Beck is in on some conspiracy to infiltrate and destroy our 'organization' (if there was such a thing). To that, I only say, heartily: ROFLCOPTER.

He Who Pawns
03-20-2009, 10:27 AM
We should hold Beck's feet to the fire if he is going to claim to be a libertarian. If a national figure like him uses this label, then he should be held to account by the movement.

slacker921
03-20-2009, 10:29 AM
He'll be ready for 2011 with a massive audience of devout followers - he'll be pushing Jindal, Palin, or some other neoconservative. Hide and watch.

Sandra
03-20-2009, 10:34 AM
This smacks of Beck's take on the movie "Network" crossed with "A Face in the Crowd". He's doing the "Mad as Hell" rant hoping we see him as one of us average Joe's . This is a tried and true method in Louisiana. TV and radio access is a must.

Xenophage
03-20-2009, 10:35 AM
We should hold Beck's feet to the fire if he is going to claim to be a libertarian. If a national figure like him uses this label, then he should be held to account by the movement.

Its inevitable, if you want libertarianism to become successful or to have an influence on policy.

All philosophies must infiltrate the mainstream to be successful. Eventually, they become weaker and watered down and divided among various trains of thought - but the nuggets of principle and truth that remain can violently and radically ROCK YOUR SOCKS OFF.

ravedown
03-20-2009, 10:52 AM
i watch Beck daily, and although i can't stand his delivery...his message is VERY close to my own views...so far...which is really amazing to hear. add to that the fact that his ratings are blowing up-one gets the feeling that maybe the right message is finally getting to the masses. do i trust him? not really...he's an opportunist like the others but at least he seems passionate and is speaking common sense libertarianism most of the time. sure he acts like a tool...but some of the info on his right on the money. what is interesting to me is the backlash from his "peers" ...and o'reilly taking credit for his success...classic.

Elwar
03-20-2009, 11:00 AM
Imagine if a sincere libertarian actually got a radio or TV show...

High ratings...plus, principled consistency.

fedup100
03-20-2009, 11:02 AM
He'll be ready for 2011 with a massive audience of devout followers - he'll be pushing Jindal, Palin, or some other neoconservative. Hide and watch.

This is it right here.......this is their aim. If Beck was sincere, he would have Paul on his show as co-host.

For those who give Beck "the benefit of doubt", remember he works for FAUX, remember them, remember what they did to us, to Paul, Remember, remember, remember,......................:mad:

fedup100
03-20-2009, 11:05 AM
i watch Beck daily, and although i can't stand his delivery...his message is VERY close to my own views...so far...which is really amazing to hear. add to that the fact that his ratings are blowing up-one gets the feeling that maybe the right message is finally getting to the masses. do i trust him? not really...he's an opportunist like the others but at least he seems passionate and is speaking common sense libertarianism most of the time. sure he acts like a tool...but some of the info on his right on the money. what is interesting to me is the backlash from his "peers" ...and o'reilly taking credit for his success...classic.

And the Christians said the same thing about that conservative Christian team known as Bush/Cheney.

Shape shifting is now the new politics. Look at O, he said what they wanted to hear, he shape shifted back to what he really is, same o same o. No change, business as usual.

satchelmcqueen
03-20-2009, 11:10 AM

i hope im wrong, and if it comes to pass that i am i will apologize to glenn beck myself and on this forum, but i agree with you. i think the next nominee will be, romney, huck, bobby jindal or someone like that, that of course they pushed hard when limbaugh spoke a few weeks ago. you cannot lead a movement like this and not have ron paul in it in some form or another. ron paul is the most honest person ive ever seen in our government and it isnt hard to tell that if anyone with half a brain would listen to him. he has not changed in 30 years. how is it so hard for folks like beck and those who seek truth to see that paul would be a massive help. why doesnt beck ask paul for advice or input on his tv program? until he does that, i still dont trust him.

LittleLightShining
03-20-2009, 11:12 AM
What bothers me about him is that he wants to be the leader.

sailor
03-20-2009, 11:12 AM
You can`t help but think his "conversion" is awfully timely.

I ask why now?

This is not a coincidence!

sailor
03-20-2009, 11:14 AM

Yepp so he can hijack our mojo, to reanimate the dead rotting mainline republican corpse that was killed by the neocons. Without transforming it for real!

american.swan
03-20-2009, 11:16 AM

We need to use Beck, but we have to keep our distance.

Xenophage
03-20-2009, 11:18 AM
Hey guys, you're probably right that Beck is still wishy washy and easily swayed by a appeals to emotion and group-think. But, I'll take what he SAYS at face-value. When he SAYS something I disagree with, I will be all over his shit like an indecipherable metaphor in a Bob Dylan song.

silverhawks
03-20-2009, 11:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LQN5SZcOnw&feature=related

That says all I need to know about Beck.

I'd counsel to avoid him like the plague, but instead put out enough public grassroots buzz about liberty, freedom and the ideals of a republic that it drowns him out. If people want to know, and are willing to listen, then tell them.

He's obviously intent on hijacking and stalling this movement for whatever reason, rather than make public apologies to the people he has smeared over the years.

fedup100
03-20-2009, 11:38 AM
This forum has become a "BECK" forum. :eek::mad::eek:

sailor
03-20-2009, 11:40 AM
OK I have just brainstormed another hypothesis. Beck is competing with us for the same demographics! He realised that so he tries to mymic us in some aspects to better reach them, but not in those that matter the most to him!

He doesn`t want to hijack our movement! He wants to recruit a second movement for himself to lead. A movement which will be supposedly populist but will actually be mainstream controlled to neutralise our own. And to deplete our recruitment pool!

Beck is our direct rival!

He could be. This is how politics is done in much of the world.

Take the LDP in Russia in the 1990s. It was supposedly this angry populist party, but everone knows it was actually created by the Kremlin, because they wanted all the angry people in the party they indirectly controlled rather than led by an actuall lose cannon.

silverhawks
03-20-2009, 11:46 AM
He wants to recruit a second movement for himself to lead. A movement which will be supposedly populist but will actually be mainstream controlled to neutralise our own. And to deplete our recruitment pool!

Explain how that is NOT hijacking this movement, again? What do you think will be more effective: one strong organised message of liberty, or a bunch of squabbling factions?

sailor
03-20-2009, 11:57 AM
Explain how that is NOT hijacking this movement, again? What do you think will be more effective: one strong organised message of liberty, or a bunch of squabbling factions?

You`re right! IT`S SNOWBALL TIME!! GEEEEEEEEEET HIM!

We must remain vigilant! Nothing may surprise us!

Young Paleocon
03-20-2009, 12:02 PM
If he pushes Palin or Jindal, I tend to think this movement is more than Obamabots following the leader, thought we had a mind of our own. Palin and Jindal are moronic liars end of story.

acptulsa
03-20-2009, 12:05 PM
If he pushes Palin or Jindal, I tend to think this movement is more than Obamabots following the leader, thought we had a mind of our own. Palin and Jindal are moronic liars end of story.

That was a conclusion I came to in another Beck thread--if we can only teach the run-of-the-mill conservative to use a spoon, these talking heads over at Faux won't be able to spoon feed them any more.

We've got to teach them how to see and how to think for themselves as much as we can. Or, at least, reassure them that some of the real core values of the founders still have real merit, and that many will try to hoodwink them. If they can just learn to measure the candidates before them with a Jeffersonian yardstick, we'll be far better off in the future.

Valli6
03-20-2009, 12:37 PM
For some time, I've also sensed that he was looking to hijack our movement. I was really annoyed when he said he'd use the "Join or Die" snake as a logo, about 2 months ago! Did anyone else see that? Last week, he read a letter from a woman thanking him for taking the initiative to "start this movement"! With all the crap we, and especially Ron Paul (and delegates!) have dealt with throughout the election and since, I would hate to be labeled as "Glen Beck followers"! Worse, I fear being drowned out, should he use our message to support unsuitable people like Romney, Palin or Jindal. However, now that he's started crying on cue, I don't see how people can view him as any sort of "leader" for very long. Lately, if I put his show on I'm always waiting for him to cry and if he does we just laugh and laugh!

AuH20
03-20-2009, 12:59 PM
I think Beck is honestly frightened at what he sees is coming and he's readjusted his philosophy. Over the last 6 months, people's eyes have been open to the shadow banking system that everyone said didn't exist. Thats where the progress has been truly been made. As far as Beck endorsing a mainstream candidate, I'm not so sure. We'll have to wait and see. What that said, I don't think Beck is hijacking the Ron Paul movement but amplifying it. When was the last time, you heard the Constitution being dicussed on national television?

mconder
03-20-2009, 01:00 PM
Why didn't Paul or C4L start something like this through the already existing meet-up groups.

That is the question of the ages. I was saying that from the beginning, but there was very little effort to convert the meetups to political action groups.

mconder
03-20-2009, 01:03 PM

That is a prophecy I'd bet my life on. Time will tell.

acptulsa
03-20-2009, 01:04 PM
That is the question of the ages. I was saying that from the beginning, but there was very little effort to convert the meetups to political action groups.

Ahh, who needs this done centrally? Ours has made that transition, and I like to think we're part of the reason why we have so many interesting things running around Oklahoma City--like the Tenth Amendment bill.

That is a prophecy I'd bet my life on. Time will tell.

I agree, but hopefully time won't tell--because hopefully we'll be wary and forearmed and will short circuit this plan.

mconder
03-20-2009, 01:06 PM
They know that the vast majority of Americans are peaceful, even when pissed.
He is targeting the small minority of the radicals. They want someone to "GO OFF". That will give an excuse for a reaction.
Don't take the bait.

I think quit the opposite. I think there is good reason for the vast majority of Americans to "go off." I think Beck is in place to keep us inline.

Feenix566
03-20-2009, 01:08 PM
So, just to recap: television and radio talk show hosts are starting to say things that we agree with. The Republican party is starting to say things that we agree with. And you're all angry about this because.... what again?

Sandra
03-20-2009, 01:08 PM
Some are attempting to use the Beck arguement to hijack this movement. Beck didn't have anything to do with this when it started and doesn't now no matter what your stance on Beck is.

angelatc
03-20-2009, 01:09 PM
I think it's a shame that our official leaders didn't invest in television.

tangent4ronpaul

Actually he wants YOU to be the leader. This came up on one of his shows this week - the need for a leader, and he said to get your values together, network with others and run for city council.

On another occasion he said you can make of the network he's forming what you want, including a political movement.

To all of those that are watching and waiting and not trusting - have you considered that he's doing a lot better than the C4L right now, and that the people who are joining these groups for the most part think like us... now what course of action would that suggest to you. Something YOU could do...

So if he turns around and pushes some corporate/neocon candidate come 2010/2012 if you are well known to the group local to you, don't you think you might have a a good chance of convincing people NOT to vote for who Beck recommends - assuming their bad) ?

I was happy he mentioned us and the homegrown terrorism issue, however on one of his radio shows he said Meetup had called to get in touch with him saying they hadn't seen anything this big come together since Howard Dean. I rather suspect he left something out - like us... but I don't know what Meetup actually said.

-t

mconder
This is un(*^%ing real and it is all over this board too and they are watching, they are laughing their asses off behind the scenes, how could you fall for this.

You can bet your ass Glenn's research stooges what this site religiously. I swear it's where they get a lot of their programming ideas. By the way, whatever happen to Glenn's promise to get to the bottom of the FEMA camps, one way or another. That promise went straight to the memory hole.

angelatc
03-20-2009, 01:10 PM
So, just to recap: television and radio talk show hosts are starting to say things that we agree with. The Republican party is starting to say things that we agree with. And you're all angry about this because.... what again?

Because they're libertarians. They are absolute purists. Which doesn't win elections.

The mention of Ron Paul's name isolates people. Maybe GLenn Beck will reach some people that simply won't listen to Paul .

danberkeley
03-20-2009, 01:10 PM
Whether it be government or the RP movement, central planning does not work.

acptulsa
03-20-2009, 01:11 PM

Not angry.

Get a puppy and kick it every time you see it for a month, then stop. You'll get a look from that puppy every time you don't kick it like, oh $#!+ what is he planning for me now?

Or better yet, don't. You get the idea, you don't need to conduct the actual experiment...

tangent4ronpaul
03-20-2009, 01:20 PM
You can`t help but think his "conversion" is awfully timely.

I ask why now?

This is not a coincidence!

Wasn't Beck the one that offered to give new candidates running against an incumbent some TV time before the last election and did? Or am I confusing him with someone else?

OK I have just brainstormed another hypothesis. Beck is competing with us for the same demographics! He realised that so he tries to mymic us in some aspects to better reach them, but not in those that matter the most to him!

He doesn`t want to hijack our movement! He wants to recruit a second movement for himself to lead. A movement which will be supposedly populist but will actually be mainstream controlled to neutralise our own. And to deplete our recruitment pool!

Beck is our direct rival!

He could be. This is how politics is done in much of the world.

Take the LDP in Russia in the 1990s. It was supposedly this angry populist party, but everone knows it was actually created by the Kremlin, because they wanted all the angry people in the party they indirectly controlled rather than led by an actuall lose cannon.

Well, if that's the plan it's not working. His local group here has 80 members and only 3 of them were Ron Paul supporters during the campaign. I see this working in the exact opposite direction.

-t

mconder
03-20-2009, 01:31 PM

Because once they are in power again, it will be the same old game. Just like Obama duped the Democrats into believing he was a populist progressive, he turned out to be bought and paid for by the same people as Bush. Imagine our disappointment when we allow that to happen to us again. It's coming. We have such short memories. These people have a system for maintaining power, they are using it against us, and they are not going to give it back just because we asked for it.

AuH20
03-20-2009, 01:32 PM
Because once they are in power again, it will be the same old game. Just like Obama duped the Democrats into believing he was a populist progressive, he turned out to be bought and paid for by the same people as Bush. Imagine our disappointment when we allow that to happen to us again. It's coming. We have such short memories.

Well, we have to shape the primary again. No more crying. Get the right candidate in 2012. Whether it be Sanford or someone else who hasn't garnered the attention of the press.

Feenix566
03-20-2009, 01:38 PM
Because once they are in power again, it will be the same old game. Just like Obama duped the Democrats into believing he was a populist progressive, he turned out to be bought and paid for by the same people as Bush. Imagine our disappointment when we allow that to happen to us again. It's coming. We have such short memories. These people have a system for maintaining power, they are using it against us, and they are not going to give it back just because we asked for it.

Nobody's suggesting that we vote for Sean "I love torture" Hannity for the 2012 nomination. But there are liberty candidates with consistent voting records in favor of liberty and fiscal responsibility... like Mark Sanford and BJ Lawson. This movement of conservatives away from neoconservatism and towards libertarianism will only help them get elected. It's good news.

tangent4ronpaul
03-20-2009, 01:38 PM
> Why didn't Paul or C4L start something like this through the already existing meet-up groups.

That is one of the things I'm pretty pissed off at C4L for. They wrote me a long time ago asking about Meetup and what it would cost to keep the Meetups going. There were several issues, the most important being:

1) Cost
2) Control (theirs)
3) Lack of access to e-mail addresses.

They figured it would be cheaper to have their own site, hired incompetent people to build it, really messed up on registrations and during that long lag lots and lots of Meetups (about half) disbanded, people lost interest and drifted away.

Keeping up momentum and interest is incredibly important and in this they were a massive failure!

-t

mconder
03-20-2009, 01:42 PM
Keeping up momentum and interest is incredibly important and in this they were a massive failure!

Don't worry. Glenn Beck will get us back where we need to be before the next election.

fedup100
03-20-2009, 01:47 PM
Don't worry. Glenn Beck will get us back where we need to be before the next election.

And he will be the King of Faux, get huge book deals and laugh all the way to the bank. You will be scrapping for food or dead in your local camp, this is the plan. :(

micahnelson
03-20-2009, 01:56 PM
I am reminded of high schoolers who liked a band when it was unheard of it, but hate to see it go mainstream.

akihabro
03-20-2009, 01:59 PM
I'll be sure to inform my Glenn Beck group. I really haven't been watching Glenn that long. I've heard you guys say he's switched his views. At least watching "We surround them" enabled me to find others with my views.

mconder
03-20-2009, 02:01 PM
You will be scrapping for food or dead in your local camp, this is the plan.

Seriously though...doesn't anyone else remember the day Beck said on his radio show that FEMA camps actually do exsist and then changed his mind to undecided on his T.V. show later that day. Then he swore he would get to the bottom of it and report on it shortly? Well, it's been a few weeks now and I have not heard him mention FEMA camps since.

fedup100
Look at the freakin "Beck" threads", I think we need to change the name of this forum or have a Beck sub forum, this insulting in so many ways. :eek:

Stary Hickory
The ideals of liberty and freedom are not something you covet as your little "secret". The fact that more people are spreading the message is encouraging, it is the only way out of the darkness that has engulfed our country. The past 100 years has tested freedom and liberty.

But despite the viscous assault on individual rights and liberty, America has held better than any country in the world. I sincerely believe America will lead the world to freedom again. And for this to happen we must fight every day, spread the word to whomever will listen, we must educate ourselves and those around us.

If others start to do this as well, then you know we are making a difference. Truth will prevail. Freedom and peaceful social cooperation build societies, but Socialism and violence against citizens destroys it. If we can express this accurately and often, people will see the light.

acptulsa
03-20-2009, 02:02 PM
I am reminded of high schoolers who liked a band when it was unheard of it, but hate to see it go mainstream.

I have always loved Jefferson Airplane and always hated Starship. And Jefferson Airplane died before I reached kindergarten, much less high school.

The thing about what is underground is, they are doing what they are doing for something deeper than greed.

mconder
03-20-2009, 02:04 PM

I'm really encouraged to see to many people with so much hope, but don't let that hope delude you. This is a bait and switch scheme and time will prove which of us is right.

mconder
03-20-2009, 02:10 PM
The ideals of liberty and freedom are not something you covet as your little "secret".

Everyday I watch Beck's show and everyday 70% of his material is on the mark and 30% of it makes me question the other 70%. Is anyone else getting this? He is still incredibly infantile in the way he explains the principles of freedom and in some cases misses the mark entirely. I am betting I can come up with a good example of this from today's show when it airs 27 min from now.

Young Paleocon
03-20-2009, 02:15 PM
Everyday I watch Beck's show and everyday 70% of his material is on the mark and 30% of it makes me question the other 70%. Is anyone else getting this? He is still incredibly infantile in the way he explains the principles of freedom and in some cases misses the mark entirely. I am betting I can come up with a good example of this from today's show when it airs 27 min from now.

Exactly, he yells I love capitalism from the mountaintops and then turns around and says he's tired of companies viewing people as "just consumers". Well no shit, they have to that's how you make money. Consumer gets what consumer wants.....bitch

mconder
03-20-2009, 02:17 PM
Exactly, he yells I love capitalism from the mountaintops and then turns around and says he's tired of companies viewing people as "just consumers".

No doubt. It's like he thinks philanthropic goals are a company's primary motives for existing. The best service any company can do for mankind is to think of us all as consumers first...duh. How do you think good stuff gets made and people get paid? If he want's people to be looked at on a personal or spiritual level, he should go start a charity or a church. Gezz...

ItsTime
03-20-2009, 02:30 PM
WTF guys you are trying to make a saint of Glenn Beck saying I dont agree with him 100% blah blah blah.

If we want this movement to GROW we must accept asshats like Beck.

tangent4ronpaul
03-20-2009, 02:32 PM
I don't think people get what happened here. Just like Ron Paul and as started to happen for Rand Paul, Beck got blindsided by what happened.

He came up with an idea that people aught to get together with their neighbors and that fans of his show might like to get together. It probably had everything to do with building a following and boosting his ratings. Attached to this he set up the 912 web site. That's ALL Beck planned to do!

So 2 guys come along and set up a social networking site on ning and give each state it's own little area. These people are NOT connected to Beck - they are just fans who liked the idea.

Not connected to Beck or the ning project Becks call for viewing parties spawned the spontaneous creation of Meetups all over the country. He didn't ask for this. He wasn't expecting this.

He got blindsided. And that's a good thing.

Now more people belong to the Meetups than the ning network, and since ning has one group per state, but Meetup has multiple groups per state - that creates a very nice situation for us. If people here write up info on current legislation and post that to the 50 state groups along with info on how they can take action and a note to please cross post to other groups in their state...

Perhaps easier, there is a viewing party Meetup that has tons of members that could be a single distribution point - but things fly off that page at a lightning pace so propagation won't be as good.

See why this is very good for us?

Also, on Becks contact page he has several e-mail addresses and they welcome "News tips". I sent them in a bunch of things on upcoming legislation. I'd like to encourage others to do likewise.

-t

dr. hfn
03-20-2009, 02:51 PM
We have the experience and the organizational infastructure in place already. We can lead this new group of awakening sheeple, we must become the leaders,

TAKE THE INITIATIVE!

fedup100
03-20-2009, 02:56 PM
We have the experience and the organizational infastructure in place already. We can lead this new group of awakening sheeple, we must become the leaders,

TAKE THE INITIATIVE!

Yes, but why don't we?

silverhawks
03-20-2009, 03:06 PM

TAKE THE INITIATIVE!

Just as a pointer...you probably want to avoid calling people sheeple...its more than a little derogatory, and I don't think it ever helps in rational discussions or to get the point across. Nothing switches people off like inferring that they are ignorant or clueless.

Stary Hickory
03-20-2009, 03:21 PM
The movement is growing, and the thing to remember is that we have logic and morality in our corner. Truth will always win. Sometimes they can suppress the voice of truth and reason, but with the internet, we can debate and destroy faulty ideologies at will. If we are all given a voice we can defeat the lies that are being propagated. Liberal media is losing influence with every passing day.

I have educated myself to debate and destroy Keynesian clowns, liberals, and socialists. They simply cannot match the logic, reasoning, and morality of classical liberalism combined with Austrian Economics.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
03-20-2009, 03:31 PM

It just isn't possible to run a pure agenda through a political campaign. Now, it is possible to form an American Movement to reestablish the Civil-Purpose of the people over the legal-precedence of tyranny.
Since this Civil-Purpose is self-evidently true and unalienably a natural right, we need to find a way to get the minds of our ignorant leaders to inquire as to what it is. The confusion in their minds is masking what they already know in their hearts and souls.

tangent4ronpaul
03-20-2009, 05:04 PM
This thread is too good not to bump

-t

Cowlesy
03-20-2009, 05:20 PM
I've successfully used things Beck has said on TV that I 100% agree with to win over neo-cons who otherwise would be too lazy to read the beautifully written articles I'd find on LRC or other sites that demonstrate the exact same philosophies.

Beck packages a lot of our ideas up in a great Joe Sixpack fashion. I use those selectively to bring people over to my philosophy. I don't need to idolize or parrot for Glenn to do so. A lot of what he says is great, and I use it selectively to push the freedom view.

It's working.

*shrug to those who say switch off the idiot-tube*.

Do it your way --- I'm fine with that.

moostraks
03-20-2009, 06:19 PM
The movement is growing, and the thing to remember is that we have logic and morality in our corner. Truth will always win. Sometimes they can suppress the voice of truth and reason, but with the internet, we can debate and destroy faulty ideologies at will. If we are all given a voice we can defeat the lies that are being propagated. Liberal media is losing influence with every passing day.

I have educated myself to debate and destroy Keynesian clowns, liberals, and socialists. They simply cannot match the logic, reasoning, and morality of classical liberalism combined with Austrian Economics.

You are either very young or very naive. Please, do not think that good triumphs over evil, like some made for television movie. Willpower is what makes the difference. And those in control get to make the rules before we even get to have a say. The game is rigged and it's not in our favor...:(

mediahasyou
03-20-2009, 06:24 PM
hijack the bookclubs.

fedup100
03-20-2009, 06:27 PM
hijack the bookclubs.

Wow, yes, simplistic yet amazingly satisfying.. Ding Ding Ding.....we have a winner! :)

moostraks
03-20-2009, 06:30 PM

Bull! I sure didn't dump time and money into the Paul campaign because I wanted to be part of some unknown group of misfits.

Having seen with my own eyes the bias and outright manipulation of the GOP, trusting someone in media as bi-polar as Beck is not an option. He is a war-monger who works for a media outlet that has sought to NOT have to tell the truth because they are an entertainnment organization.

He is NOT in alliance with the ideology espoused by Dr.Paul excepting marginally agreeing to some commonality on economic issues but disagrees with the very heart of what causes those same tragedies to our fiscal system. Allowing his ideas to morph our own will lead to the loss of our own potential as a political force of change.

raiha
03-20-2009, 06:34 PM
You are either very young or very naive.

You sound grumpy today Moostraks. No harm in being young OR idealistic (which is the term i would use rather than naive.)

PureCommonSense
03-20-2009, 07:09 PM
The Ron Paul movement involves a coaliton of taxpayers, gun owners, pro-lifers, 9/11 truthers, pot smokers and paleoconservatives who all united behind the same message of liberty, just like with Gorver Norquist's Leave Us Alone Coalition. Not everyone has to agree with Beck or any one person within - there are factions - as long as the movement stays intact. And if he can do good for our movement, so be it!

tangent4ronpaul
03-20-2009, 07:58 PM
Well, I did some more digging. it looks like he's trying to get everyone signed up on the 912 project site, but local Meetups are still going to be around. They did get their top level domain put in place. glennbeck.meetup.com

Meetup stats:
36,379 members
2,640 interested
266 groups

Here's the real shocker!:
162,650 members on www.912project.com

That's 50% more members than we had on Meetup at our peak - AND HE PULLED THAT OFF IN A WEEK!

Oh, and he had 1 Million viewers last Friday - incredible for a 5pm EST time slot.

He's got 2 blog type forums (like Daily Paul). Needless to say, it's like drinking from a fire hose. They have issues:
If you post a comment the text of your last comments gets inserted in there and has to be removed before you can proceed.
there are some scrolling issues in post boxes.
sometimes your post disappears and then reappears. Makes threads really hard to follow.
every thing is moderated, and it can take 10-15 min to get an approval. But they are being very liberal in what they allow posted.

still a useful way to reach a lot of people - but they need to do something different as to the blogs.

-t

LibertyEagle
03-20-2009, 08:03 PM
Whether it be government or the RP movement, central planning does not work.

Which is probably why our Founders did not design our form of government that way. :)

fedup100
03-20-2009, 08:17 PM
Well, I did some more digging. it looks like he's trying to get everyone signed up on the 912 project site, but local Meetups are still going to be around. They did get their top level domain put in place. glennbeck.meetup.com

Meetup stats:
36,379 members
2,640 interested
266 groups

Here's the real shocker!:
162,650 members on www.912project.com

That's 50% more members than we had on Meetup at our peak - AND HE PULLED THAT OFF IN A WEEK!

Oh, and he had 1 Million viewers last Friday - incredible for a 5pm EST time slot.

He's got 2 blog type forums (like Daily Paul). Needless to say, it's like drinking from a fire hose. They have issues:
If you post a comment the text of your last comments gets inserted in there and has to be removed before you can proceed.
there are some scrolling issues in post boxes.
sometimes your post disappears and then reappears. Makes threads really hard to follow.
every thing is moderated, and it can take 10-15 min to get an approval. But they are being very liberal in what they allow posted.

still a useful way to reach a lot of people - but they need to do something different as to the blogs.

-t

Wow! This is bad news. I truly believe we need to draft Paul now and start the campaign NOW. If Paul rejects it, we need to find our candidate and go now or forever suck wind off these neocon shape shifters.

I was right, they have stepped in and are taking over using the outline and ideas of the RP movement. We can't let them win this time, we can't let them do this.

tangent4ronpaul
03-20-2009, 08:20 PM
Wow! This is bad news. I truly believe we need to draft Paul now and start the campaign NOW. If Paul rejects it, we need to find our candidate and go now or forever suck wind off these neocon shape shifters.

I was right, they have stepped in and are taking over using the outline and ideas of the RP movement. We can't let them win this time, we can't let them do this.

Build coalitions, not factions!

They are talking about the same things we are over here. Like the youth service bill and the food safety bills. They are not the enemy.

Why don't you drop in and check them out?

-t

fedup100
03-20-2009, 08:27 PM
Build coalitions, not factions!

They are talking about the same things we are over here. Like the youth service bill and the food safety bills. They are not the enemy.

Why don't you drop in and check them out?

-t

I'll drop in after we draft Paul. When Beck refuses to endorse him, it will be the end of Beck.

moostraks
03-20-2009, 08:47 PM
You sound grumpy today Moostraks. No harm in being young OR idealistic (which is the term i would use rather than naive.)

LOL! Idealistic would have been more my speed if I was thinking clearly. DD had us at another psych meeting, so crabby is right. That said, I sure would hate to see someone go in thinking right makes might and will overcome. They will be headed for a sore disappointment. Willpower is a mighty weapon, and the good loose many a battle by underestimating the tenacity of an opponet on the wrong side of an issue.

SWATH
03-20-2009, 08:54 PM
What we need is a counter hijacking. I say we hijack the pope.

NMCB3
03-20-2009, 09:00 PM
I cant seem to shake the memory of what Beck,Hannity, and FOX News did to Ron Paul and the freedom movement. Now we are supposed to believe they have had an epiphany. Sorry, I was born during the day, but not yesterday. Drink the Kool-Aid at your own risk......Unfortunately your Kool-Aid addiction is detrimental to the health and well being of other more rational and intelligent people as well....SNAP OUT OF IT!!!

heavenlyboy34
03-20-2009, 09:00 PM
What we need is a counter hijacking. I say we hijack the pope.

I second this motion, and add that we should hijack the media and the film industry as well. :D:cool:;)

angelatc
03-20-2009, 09:02 PM

I think it was supposed to be about the message, and not the messenger.

Early on. I had lots of people tell me that Ron Paul would be remembered as some future Reagan's Goldwater.

It is what it is.

angelatc
03-20-2009, 09:13 PM

That's why we need to run for local offices and be active in our local GOP chapters, too.

We're not going to get 100% of what we want in our lifetime. But not embracing the sound of freedom when we hear it ringing because we don't trust the guy pulling the rope is not getting us anywhere, fast.

NMCB3
03-20-2009, 09:17 PM
That's why we need to run for local offices and be active in our local GOP chapters, too.

We're not going to get 100% of what we want in our lifetime. But not embracing the sound of freedom when we hear it ringing because we don't trust the guy pulling the rope is not getting us anywhere, fast.How many times must you get screwed before you accept the reality that the republican cheerleaders are not sincere?

angelatc
03-20-2009, 09:19 PM
How many times must you get screwed before you accept the reality that the republican cheerleaders are not sincere?

How many elections do you need to lose to realize your plan isn't working?

UtahApocalypse
03-20-2009, 09:20 PM
Fuck You.

NMCB3
03-20-2009, 09:24 PM
How many elections do you need to lose to realize your plan isn't working?I`ve realized that whenever I vote republican even when I "win" I ultimaly lose.

angelatc
03-20-2009, 09:29 PM
I have seen Ron Paul defend Bush, McCain and Obama on certain positions. I have *never* seem him shoot the messenger.

Nobody needs to point out the flaws of the GOP to me. I've been voting longer than half of you have been alive.

jake
03-20-2009, 09:30 PM
[QUOTE=angelatc;2028344
Early on. I had lots of people tell me that Ron Paul would be remembered as some future Reagan's Goldwater.

It is what it is.[/QUOTE]

a waste is what that would be

NMCB3
03-20-2009, 09:37 PM
I have seen Ron Paul defend Bush, McCain and Obama on certain positions. I have *never* seem him shoot the messenger.

Nobody needs to point out the flaws of the GOP to me. I've been voting longer than half of you have been alive.Ron Paul is a diplomat, I am not, I can afford to call a spade a spade.

angelatc
03-20-2009, 09:44 PM
Ron Paul is a diplomat, I am not, I can afford to call a spade a spade.

Good grief. Are you now saying that even Ron Paul can't be trusted to properly spread "the message?"

MelissaCato
03-20-2009, 09:55 PM

All the more reason to get "Freedom Watch" on Cable TV.

NMCB3
03-20-2009, 09:57 PM
Good grief. Are you now saying that even Ron Paul can't be trusted to properly spread "the message?"No, I`m saying that RP is a nice guy almost to a fault, and as such tends to ignore the questionable sincerity of his opponents, preferring instead to work with them whenever possible, ie in the rare instance when they say the right thing, even though its obvious they are liars and are only acting in this manor for personal or political gain. I on the other hand recognize the snakes for what they are and I`m not afraid to call them out. Revolutions need warriors and diplomats...the proverbial carrot and stick. You and RP have a legitimate role to play and so do people like me.

angelatc
03-20-2009, 10:14 PM
No, I`m saying that RP is a nice guy almost to a fault, and as such tends to ignore the questionable sincerity of his opponents, preferring instead to work with them whenever possible, ie in the rare instance when they say the right thing, even though its obvious they are liars and are only acting in this manor for personal or political gain. I on the other hand recognize the snakes for what they are and I`m not afraid to call them out. Revolutions need warriors and diplomats...the proverbial carrot and stick. You and RP have a legitimate role to play and so do people like me.

See, that's where we're philosophically different. I have no doubt that Paul ubderstands the sincerity (or lack thereof) of his opponents, and I think he's probably a lot more aware of it than we are. He's been in the game longer, and he knows a lot of them personally. But he always stays focused on the message, and only the message, because that's what's important to him.

Don't I just do not see how we can grow if we attack everybody who tries to pander to our audience by parroting the message. This "cult of personalities" thing is only serving to keep freedom lovers divided.

angelatc
03-20-2009, 10:23 PM
Here's a thought from DH - at the end of it all, Glenn Beck (and Rush Limbaugh) is going to leave us with a net plus.

Even when he drives his bus over the cliff, our numbers will be stronger as a result of the message he is putting out there. He is reaching people that have never "heard" this message before.

One thing I have to keep reminding myself is that liberals took this country incrementally. Slowly, and piece by piece. I find it almost impossible to believe that socialism is calmly explained as a part of our "mixed" economy now.

That did not happen overnight. It took them 75 years of picking scabs to create this wound.

Anti Federalist
03-20-2009, 10:32 PM

This.

QFT

hotbrownsauce
03-20-2009, 11:06 PM
I don't hate Glenn Beck and I am glad he has been spouting out of his program a lot of things I can agree with. And that is my honest to god opinion.

Revolution0918
03-20-2009, 11:27 PM
..so ive been sending Beck nonstop emails for about the past hour and 15 minutes about how hes a douche for having libertarian views yet not having Ron Paul on....how can he cry about Principles and Values and wont even have the most honest guy in Congress on his show....maybe 1 of my 78673268472368 emails will get thru.....

FreeMama
03-20-2009, 11:38 PM
I remember Glenn had McCain on his radio show back in November. . . they were DISAGREEING. McCain said to Glenn "Now Glenn I am not a Libertarian! I do believe there is a role for government."

Then Glenn had Ted Nugent on. . . they were both like "Is there anybody who is not kissing Karl Marks Ass?" Then they were pondering what to do. . . then they both sighed saying they couldn't let Obama win so they would just have to vote for McCain and hold his feet to the fire. You could tell Glenn WAS NOT pleased with McCain though.

That was back on Headline news. . . I think everyone is worried because he is now on Faux News.

If Glenn spreads a message, then supports a bad candidate. . . the people will KNOW it because they already learned the message. It is a very hard message to UNLEARN. Don't shoot the messenger in the foot BEFORE he gets it out!!!

tonesforjonesbones
03-21-2009, 02:06 AM
The dissenters are the Huffington Post liberal libertarian crowd and you can't stand the thought that perhaps a lot of REPUBLICANS will switch to the Libertarian Party. You can just expect it to happen...because it will. The Libertarian Party is going to be the new home for conservatives..and you dissenter whiners might as well get used to it. The GOP is now the Dead Old Party...and I believe many will go Libertarian. I am THRILLED that Glenn Beck is speaking the truth..and people are listening to him . GO GLENN GO GLENN GO GLENN! TONES

Cowlesy
03-21-2009, 02:15 AM
I don't think Glenn Beck could hijack his kid's tricycle, let alone the freedom movement.

FreeMama
03-21-2009, 02:17 AM
^ :D

constituent
03-21-2009, 07:56 AM

Scary thought, how futile "our" efforts.

angelatc
03-21-2009, 08:06 AM
Scary thought, how futile "our" efforts.

I do not think Reagan was futile, nor was he a mistake. Bush I was the mistake.

lynnf
03-21-2009, 08:06 AM
The dissenters are the Huffington Post liberal libertarian crowd and you can't stand the thought that perhaps a lot of REPUBLICANS will switch to the Libertarian Party. You can just expect it to happen...because it will. The Libertarian Party is going to be the new home for conservatives..and you dissenter whiners might as well get used to it. The GOP is now the Dead Old Party...and I believe many will go Libertarian. I am THRILLED that Glenn Beck is speaking the truth..and people are listening to him . GO GLENN GO GLENN GO GLENN! TONES

dream on.... no self-respecting conservative would go libertarian -- the Constitution party is a more likely candidate for them.

lynn

constituent
03-21-2009, 08:18 AM
I do not think Reagan was futile, nor was he a mistake. Bush I was the mistake.

you wouldn't.

http://ciudadlab.com/blog/uploaded_images/reaganmissiles-796945.jpg

http://zfacts.com/metaPage/lib/National-Debt-GDP.gif

http://www.reagan.utexas.edu/archives/photographs/large/c40747-14.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_NE-72ZXux-g/SRLKGqXQ7-I/AAAAAAAAGVg/qTVGH7IT4DU/s400/IranContraTimeCover.jpg

pcosmar
03-21-2009, 08:29 AM
you wouldn't.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_NE-72ZXux-g/SRLKGqXQ7-I/AAAAAAAAGVg/qTVGH7IT4DU/s400/IranContraTimeCover.jpg

Was it Reagan or was it Bush?
Ollie North never said who ordered it, People assume , but he took the 5th.
I still do not understand that. Can someone point me to the 5th under the UCMJ. :confused:

angelatc
03-21-2009, 08:31 AM
Like i said earlier - the socialists got here step by step, through incrementalism. I do not have any Utopian belief that we're going to swing hard right suddenly. Even Ron Paul says that was chaos.

Reagan won elections with his messages. Work with it.

constituent
03-21-2009, 08:57 AM
Was it Reagan or was it Bush?

Was it Bush or was it Cheney?

Cut the rhetorical non-sense.

constituent
03-21-2009, 09:02 AM
Reagan won elections with his messages. Work with it.

the result of which are exactly what you will find posted above.

some victory.

pcosmar
03-21-2009, 09:10 AM
http://www.technovelgy.com/graphics/content08/i-robot-hologram.jpg

"I'm sorry. My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions."

aravoth
03-21-2009, 09:23 AM
Some of you guys need to chill. No one is hijacking anything. When people join your cause, it is a natural thing that new leaders emerge, if you want people to stay with it and us, then join those meet-up groups. Explain to the people thier how our monetary system works, show them how we can't fight a war and not expect some kind of financial debacle from it. Show them how many bases we have overseas, show them everything we talk about, with a financial spin on everything. Money is a language everyone can understand.

Once people understand how corrupt, and hurtful the whole system is, the more they will realize that the only possible solution is the obvious one....to abolish that monetary system. It's not hard, we just have to break through layers of bullshit.

Conservatives understand money, they know the importance of savings, the importance of private control, of production etc. Or Used to before Reich Marshal Bush showed up, anyway. Talk to them in that language. Glenn Beck, Love him or hate him, has figured that out.

If you don't want to loose the movement to a bunch of neo-cons, become an educator in your meet-up group. The more you explain the system, the more you will be seen as a person with answers, a person with answers, is a person who's advice is revered.

In short, get involved, don't freak out, become an educator, become a resource, and drop the "Glenn Beck" is the devil non-sense. A lot of the people on this board who bust their asses used to be Neo-Cons......

angelatc
03-21-2009, 10:07 AM
A lot of the people on this board who bust their asses used to be Neo-Cons......

It was a huge tent back in the day. We had neocons, socialists, anarchists - everybody who shared the love of freedom.

We spent more time doing things than crabbing about who was doing it.

We laid the ground work for this to happen. It's happening.

klamath
03-21-2009, 10:19 AM
The only thing the RP movement has in common is RP himself. Issuewise the RP movement members have very little in common. When people talk about the members running out educating the American people to "OUR" beliefs what is really happening is the American people are getting a 1000 contradicting messages. Just by reading this forum should dispell any belief that there is a common belief.

fedup100
03-21-2009, 10:20 AM
Some of you guys need to chill. No one is hijacking anything. When people join your cause, it is a natural thing that new leaders emerge, if you want people to stay with it and us, then join those meet-up groups. Explain to the people thier how our monetary system works, show them how we can't fight a war and not expect some kind of financial debacle from it. Show them how many bases we have overseas, show them everything we talk about, with a financial spin on everything. Money is a language everyone can understand.

Once people understand how corrupt, and hurtful the whole system is, the more they will realize that the only possible solution is the obvious one....to abolish that monetary system. It's not hard, we just have to break through layers of bullshit.

Conservatives understand money, they know the importance of savings, the importance of private control, of production etc. Or Used to before Reich Marshal Bush showed up, anyway. Talk to them in that language. Glenn Beck, Love him or hate him, has figured that out.

If you don't want to loose the movement to a bunch of neo-cons, become an educator in your meet-up group. The more you explain the system, the more you will be seen as a person with answers, a person with answers, is a person who's advice is revered.

In short, get involved, don't freak out, become an educator, become a resource, and drop the "Glenn Beck" is the devil non-sense. A lot of the people on this board who bust their asses used to be Neo-Cons......

No Beck is not the devil. The controlled media is. They have been the MAIN reason we have lost our freedoms. I do not have to list why this is so, we all saw it clearly during the faux election.

To sit back and rally Beck as he lobs in most of Paul's positions to the zombie ill informed to great cheers by one and all is a fools position. Ask yourself, why is he or why is faux news doing this NOW? They are doing it now in order to be positioned before we can get organized again.

Why the hell aren't we, or Dr. Paul doing this now. To early you say, I think not. If it were too early, Beck wouldn't be doing it. WE need to go back to all the original meet-ups and get them going NOW!

Others have posted the Liberals took the country slowly over a long period of time. While that may be true, what they have failed to mention is the Liberals called themselves CONSERVATIVES.

This is SOP for these shills and we are watching the masterful morphing of fascist to liberal before our very eye's. The movie the "The Prestige" has nothing on these controllers. They were and are wolves in sheep's clothing.

Beck and his master are wolves and they are robbing us blind. Two years from now if we just sit on our asses and applaud Beck, you will find your little movement has gone mainstream with all new unrecognizable players at the top.

After all the work and sacrifice all of us have given to RP and his movement, do you really want to sit back and see who was correct?

Nate K

Oh please, don't complain now. Just about all of the libertarians here never wanted ANY such thing as leadership, C4L was a miserable incompetent failure, and so too were the attitudes of the absolutist individualists that frequent RPF's.

It was inevitable that somebody was going to come along and take advantage of the movement, and I'm glad Beck is doing it now. Some of you people live in a fantasy world with your ideologies, you're too caught up in it to live in reality.

Nobody wanted to lead, so a lot of you will be lead by someone other than our own. "Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way"

Don't complain now, there were opportunities to unite and lead.

powerofreason
Join the damn meetups, take them over, and teach these people about freedom. Thats what needs to be done.

aravoth
03-21-2009, 10:27 AM
After all the work and sacrifice all of us have given to RP and his movement, do you really want to sit back and see who was correct?

No, I want people to to stop bitching about it and take control of your meet-up groups. We can either use the situation to steer this in the liberty movement's favor, or we can just sit here and cry about it.

fedup100
03-21-2009, 10:33 AM
No, I want people to to stop bitching about it and take control of your meet-up groups. We can either use the situation to steer this in the liberty movement's favor, or we can just sit here and cry about it.

We are in agreement. We need to use the the situation for sure to put a fire under our ass. We cannot use the situation though if people cannot see it for what it is and feel the outrage.

Telling folks it's fine, I'm glad Beck is doing it, pacifies people rather than motivating them to stand up and take back their movement.

angelatc
03-21-2009, 10:36 AM

Apparently there still is. But the CFL doesn't want to be a leadership organization - they want to function as a resource.

fedup100
03-21-2009, 10:38 AM
Oh please, don't complain now. Just about all of the libertarians here never wanted ANY such thing as leadership, C4L was a miserable incompetent failure, and so too were the attitudes of the absolutist individualists that frequent RPF's.

It was inevitable that somebody was going to come along and take advantage of the movement, and I'm glad Beck is doing it now. Some of you people live in a fantasy world with your ideologies, you're too caught up in it to live in reality.

Nobody wanted to lead, so a lot of you will be lead by someone other than our own. "Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way"

Your response has revealed your true spirit. I too was disappointed in Paul and some of the choices he made, but you have gone a step further and twisted the knife in your brothers backs.

There were many like you here in the beginning. Many more showed up to put the last nail in the coffin.

Too bad people will most likely fight and die to save your sorry ass if and when SHTF!

RonPaulMania
03-21-2009, 11:15 AM
Last time I remembered this wasn't about personalities but ideas. No can take those and we should never care who is leading the charge, but who is charging in the first place. I'm glad someone is in the MSM.

GunnyFreedom
03-21-2009, 11:32 AM
"No army can stop an idea whose time has come." - Ron Paul

Nate K
03-21-2009, 07:22 PM
Your response has revealed your true spirit. I too was disappointed in Paul and some of the choices he made, but you have gone a step further and twisted the knife in your brothers backs.

There were many like you here in the beginning. Many more showed up to put the last nail in the coffin.

Too bad people will most likely fight and die to save your sorry ass if and when SHTF!

No wonder they all left, nobody wanted to participate in anything productive that involved other people. If you want to treat liberty as a fantasy, it will remain just that, a fantasy. If you want to leave ideas as they are, they'll remain just that, ideas.

Libertarians nailed their coffin shut with their extremism and hostility to "unfriendlies". It is possible to keep principles and work with humans at the same time. This is the #1 complaint I get from people I talk with who aren't libertarian.. the radical, know-it-all, absolute individualist mentality immediately turns people off.

I don't offer backstabbing, I offer constructive criticism. As a libertarian, this is the major problem I've experienced within the movement.

Volitzer
03-21-2009, 07:26 PM
If Beck has a Libertarian or a Constitution Party rep on then we will see him as genuine.

Even Colbert had Bob Barr on.

Until then he is just NWO/CFR media distraction and distortion.

werdd
03-21-2009, 07:32 PM

One of the few times i can agree with you. :)

Even if he is hypothetically hijacking our movement, the ideas are being dispersed through a medium we have never had before, the MSM.

I'd rather had libertarian-like ideas be talked about on the news, than them not be talked about.

The goal is not to have our special libertarian club, the goal is to spread freedom.

I think beck is a useful instrument.

jake
03-21-2009, 07:49 PM
Join the damn meetups, take them over, and teach these people about freedom. Thats what needs to be done.

agreed. everyone of these Beck meetup's should have one or more Ron Paul supporters to help them along ;)