PDA

View Full Version : Outreach: Beck Passes Hannity in Ratings, Closing in on O'Reilly for Top Spot

RonPaulFanInGA
03-20-2009, 06:46 AM
http://www.ihatethemedia.com/glenn-beck-rush-limbaugh-bill-o-reilly-ratings

Glenn Beck kicked butt in the ratings last week. After being on television for years, he’s an overnight success.

His Fox News program soared in the ratings, passing perennial second place Sean Hannity and nearly catching long-time leader Bill O’Reilly. All three Fox hosts left the other cable news shows far, far behind.

georgiaboy
03-20-2009, 06:48 AM
this pleases.

coyote_sprit
03-20-2009, 06:51 AM
All this from a shitty time slot.

RonPaulFanInGA
03-20-2009, 06:55 AM
I really admire the way Beck turned around on us and Ron Paul. He is clearly and openly a sympathizer of the movement and I'm glad his television show is doing well.

Invalid
03-20-2009, 07:00 AM
Beck! Beck! Beck!

georgiaboy
03-20-2009, 07:01 AM
Beck's being a useful tool for the movement for now -- though my overall trust factor for him & other talkers has a much healthier dose of not.

Sincere words followed with actions over time would be nice.

Lucille
03-20-2009, 09:15 AM
Ha ha ha. O'Reilly mocked him mercilessly when he had Beck on his show. Ratings is why. He knew Beck was a threat.

Rangeley
03-20-2009, 09:22 AM
When you remember Beck is on at 5, its even more amazing.

MsDoodahs
03-20-2009, 09:28 AM
My cousin called this morning to warn me that I am considered a terrrst.

I did not ask how he knew anything about it because he's already told me that he is watching Beck nightly.

FWIW, info is breaking out through Beck.

paulitics
03-20-2009, 10:13 AM
My cousin called this morning to warn me that I am considered a terrrst.

I did not ask how he knew anything about it because he's already told me that he is watching Beck nightly.

FWIW, info is breaking out through Beck.

Is your cousin libertarian or neocon? If not libertarian, is Beck influencing to think more in a libertarian way?

He Who Pawns
03-20-2009, 10:14 AM
This is probably why Shamnity is suddenly talking up Ron Paul.....

pcosmar
03-20-2009, 10:19 AM
copied from another thread.

http://rightbrainplanner.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/snake-oil.jpg

There is a reason for Beck's latest sermons. They know that the vast majority of Americans are peaceful, even when pissed.
He is targeting the small minority of the radicals. They want someone to "GO OFF". That will give an excuse for a reaction.
Don't take the bait.
And don't trust him, he is not our friend.
please watch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUx_ynBiFjs

2young2vote
03-20-2009, 10:22 AM
That is probably because Glenn Beck is still something new on Fox...people have been watching Hannity and O'rielly talk up Neo-Cons for years and they now get a chance to hear someone talking DOWN those people. He has a different message than every other person on that network. It's just something different, you know?

MsDoodahs
03-20-2009, 11:07 AM
Is your cousin libertarian or neocon? If not libertarian, is Beck influencing to think more in a libertarian way?

I'd say....

libertarian rootstock with some neocon topgrowth that needs pruning out.

:D

I think Beck is helping. This cousin is older and not online that much. So, a couple of years ago, I started him a subscription to The Freeman: Ideas on Liberty. (We of course can read the online version here: http://www.thefreemanonline.org/ )

That has helped and even caused a spread among the family, as another cousin was visiting that cousin and a copy of The Freeman was on the coffee table, and ... anyways, I don't want to appear to play favorites, so I bought a subscription for the other cousin, too. lol...

Hey, whatever it takes, right?

UtahApocalypse
03-20-2009, 11:28 AM
To the Anti-Beck Crowd.....

You all attack the one person in media that is pushing Ron Paul, and our issues DAILY. Yes, in the past he may have made some big mistakes. He did not jump onto the liberty wagon during the campaign. I must tell a few things though....

I attended a Glen Beck Christmas event here in Salt lake City two years ago. This was the height of the Ron Paul campaign and we had rented a suite at the arena to pass out great literature and free hot chocolate. During this event Mr. Beck spoke from his heart. This was not a media event, rather a personal thing which he does now and then.

Glen Beck is a Mormon and has a large following here and the arena was packed. Mr Beck spoke of things he could not say on the news at that time. He was one of US! He did not agree with everything (do any of us 100%?) especially foreign policy.

My personal opinion after listening to Mr. Beck in person is that he has not changed at all..... its the employer that have let him only now speak his mind, heart, and soul. He is one of US and for all you that bash him every day he helps the movement I am ashamed.

dr. hfn
03-20-2009, 12:17 PM
still don't trust him at all

Feenix566
03-20-2009, 12:36 PM
This is probably why Shamnity is suddenly talking up Ron Paul.....

The media is predictable. It's driven by ratings. It'll show people whatever gets the ratings. More and more people are sympathising with the libertarian message, as evidenced by Beck's growing popularity. Hannity can see what direction the winds are blowing, so he's started talking up the libertarian point of view as well.

I've been saying this forever. We're not going to change the world by changing the media. The media just reflects back at the people what the people want to hear. The only way to change the world is to change people's opinions. One neighbor at a time :)

Chase
03-20-2009, 01:19 PM
Whatever you may think about Beck, remember that Dr. Paul always pointed out that you only need to change the mind of a small percentage of people for your ideas to take hold. We've now nearly exited the era of a press that actively tries to ignore, hide, and destroy Ron Paul to one where all of the networks are interviewing Ron Paul. We've seen some excellent Ron Paul interviews on MSNBC, CNN and Fox. He is getting a lot of coverage and is getting more of a chance to argue the case for liberty. That can only be a good thing.

rockandrollsouls
03-20-2009, 01:45 PM
copied from another thread.

There is a reason for Beck's latest sermons. They know that the vast majority of Americans are peaceful, even when pissed.
He is targeting the small minority of the radicals. They want someone to "GO OFF". That will give an excuse for a reaction.
Don't take the bait.
And don't trust him, he is not our friend.
please watch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUx_ynBiFjs

Your post is pure speculation. Just shutup :rolleyes:

Your argument has about as much credibility as this statement

"OMG there is only one reason why Ron is talking about liberty it's so he can fool us all and make us slaves."

You're just talking out of your ass and speculating it has no grounding and Beck's been talking about freedom ever since he's been on Fox and he's had Ron and Celente and Schiff on a number of times.

Anti Federalist
03-20-2009, 01:53 PM
Your post is pure speculation. Just shutup :rolleyes:

Your argument has about as much credibility as this statement

"OMG there is only one reason why Ron is talking about liberty it's so he can fool us all and make us slaves."

You're just talking out of your ass and speculating it has no grounding and Beck's been talking about freedom ever since he's been on Fox and he's had Ron and Celente and Schiff on a number of times.

Pete's "speculation" is spot on.

Beck is playing a role that will include "poisoning the well".

The government/media complex does not allow independent voices to be heard unless is it playing a role in a larger agenda.

StudentForPaul08
03-20-2009, 01:53 PM
still don't trust him at all

Trust is not needed. When he says something good, reward him and promote him. Watch the show.

When he says something bad, talk him down. Don't watch.

Simple.

rockandrollsouls
03-20-2009, 02:04 PM

The government/media complex does not allow independent voices to be heard unless is it playing a role in a larger agenda.

No, it's really not. I don't care if you like Beck or not, but he's put more of our freedom fighters on TV than anyone else and he hasn't been ashamed to do it. Personally, I like our message being heard by the masses as opposed to being bottled up because you have personal issues with the person hosting them. :rolleyes:

TheConstitutionLives
03-20-2009, 02:21 PM
Why do we need to "spread this message"?

Kludge
03-20-2009, 02:24 PM
Why do we need to "spread this message"?

It is the will of the collective.

rockandrollsouls
03-20-2009, 02:25 PM
It is the will of the collective.

No...so maybe we have a glimmer of hope to save our country. Perhaps. But if you want to get steamed because a guy you don't like is getting people you do like on his show and giving them free rein to talk about whatever issue they want, that's your issue.

TheConstitutionLives
03-20-2009, 02:26 PM

- is it the Rockefeller or Rothchild that is the human family of the baby alien that's pulling all the strings?

Kludge
03-20-2009, 02:27 PM
No...so maybe we have a glimmer of hope to save our country. Perhaps. But if you want to get steamed because a guy you don't like is getting people you do like on his show and giving them free rein to talk about whatever issue they want, that's your issue.

It was my first post in the thread. Just because I didn't praise your opinion doesn't mean I disagree.

NerveShocker
03-20-2009, 02:30 PM
Beck's being a useful tool for the movement for now -- though my overall trust factor for him & other talkers has a much healthier dose of not.

Sincere words followed with actions over time would be nice.

That's pretty much how I see it. Though I now have a tiny part of me that thinks he might have actually changed. It happens, but you can never be too sure. ;)

rockandrollsouls
03-20-2009, 02:35 PM
It was my first post in the thread. Just because I didn't praise your opinion doesn't mean I disagree.

I know. Don't get so defensive. I was just elaborating.

trey4sports
03-20-2009, 03:30 PM
Ha ha ha. O'Reilly mocked him mercilessly when he had Beck on his show. Ratings is why. He knew Beck was a threat.

why does beck act like a fuckin crazy person when hes on Oreilly? he acts like hes on Adderal or like hes just pretending to be crazy. No way in hell thats real, he has to be putting on a persona.

he always flip flops on oreilly too, on the question on marijuana legalization he kept going back and forth...
I.E.
"Marijuana only affects the user, i dont think its a crime. If we lived in a society where we could just walk around the druggie on the street we could legalize drugs, but we cant do that."

like WTF Beck, make up your mind and pick a side!

RonPaulFanInGA
03-22-2009, 09:16 AM
If Beck is talking UP policies we support on a national news program; I just don't how it's a bad thing. Gosh some people here just hate everyone.

pcosmar
03-22-2009, 09:27 AM
If Beck is talking UP policies we support on a national news program; I just don't how it's a bad thing. Gosh some people here just hate everyone.

Naw, Just the MSM. ;)
I don't "hate"any one more than others. I don't trust any of them.

Liberty Star
03-22-2009, 09:38 AM
Rankings and ratimgs of most oppotunist corporate media pimps are shifting lately, interesting.

But will Glenn be as suuceesful an political opportunist as Hannity and O Rielly have been? Doubt it.

Bossobass
03-22-2009, 10:38 AM
HANNITY: "Are you saying that I don't control the content of my show?"

JESSE VENTURA: "Oh, so you're the one who decided to run 45 days of Anna Nicole Smith as the top story?"

The idea that the Military Industrial Complex-owned media let's anyone decide content arbitrarily sounds like a skit plot for SNL.

Where to begin with this tool?

Summary: On February 21, Glenn Beck touted a Public Opinion Strategies poll, which he said "shows that 57 percent of Americans want to stay in Iraq and finish the job, until we win the war." Beck did not mention that the company that conducted the poll considers itself a "Republican polling firm" or that, according to Greg Sargent, the poll has reportedly been dismissed by a Republican pollster as "leading and designed to elicit the answers they got."

On May 11, 2006, Beck said the following on his Headline News show, "And that's why I found myself taking a hard look at George W. Bush lately. I'm actually starting to feel a little like John Kerry, flip-flopping on my opinion of him every day, you know. Sometimes I think that the biggest problem with G.W. is that he just might be the worst communicating president since Buchanan." Beck also said in Bush's final days in the Oval Office, "a job well done Mr. President".

"The founding fathers wanted us to be Switzerland, a friend to all and an enemy to none, and let everybody do their own thing. I'm becoming more like that in my thinking. But libertarians tell you you've gotta do it right now, pull everybody out. We can't do that. The world will catch on fire. It took a hundred years to build this American empire, and it will take some time to shrink it down."

"When I see a 9/11 victim family on television, or whatever, I'm just like, 'Oh shut up!' I'm so sick of them because they're always complaining. And we did our best for them."

Summary: CNN host Glenn Beck declared that the reason the Bush administration stated for invading Iraq in 2003 -- that Saddam Hussein possessed weapons of mass destruction -- was "just gravy" and that the "real objective" was "to prevent World War III ... to prevent the evil Iranian ideology from spreading across the region."

"Glenn Beck is not a journalist, he is a talk-radio host. He has a message that resonated with the average American, and he's out there showing support for our troops...what's amazing to me is that there's an effort to take away from the goodness of what Glenn Beck is doing for his listeners."

"Believe in something! Even if it's wrong! Believe in it!"

Youthful indiscretion? He's turning around? He's seeing the light now? He supports Ron Paul?

How many segments has he done on HR1207?

Page 5- To the Anti Glen Beck Crowd... Ron Paul Grassroots Central. ... Think we can persuade Beck to mention HR 1207?

Maybe after it's defeated he will.

He's a tool who sells toothpaste to make Murdoch richer. The minute he's told to, he'll flip, then he'll flop, then he'll beat the war drums to fucking death while he calls us the nutjob peacenik Ron Paulites who think the US is Switzerland and don't support the troops...again.

Bosso

Anti Federalist
03-22-2009, 11:35 AM
- is it the Rockefeller or Rothchild that is the human family of the baby alien that's pulling all the strings?

Go fornicate yourself with an iron pipe, why don't you?

Anti Federalist
03-22-2009, 11:36 AM
He's a tool who sells toothpaste to make Murdoch richer. The minute he's told to, he'll flip, then he'll flop, then he'll beat the war drums to fucking death while he calls us the nutjob peacenik Ron Paulites who think the US is Switzerland and don't support the troops...again.

Bosso

Exactly.

Invalid
03-22-2009, 11:43 AM
O'Reilly dirty audio (http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/archives/2009/03/off_with_those.php)

Why not replace him with Beck?

Does this mean we can replace O’Reilly with Beck on prime time Fox?
“Off With Those Pants": Bill O’Reilly Seduces You in Clips From His Dirty Audiobook
“I would like you to unhook your bra and let it slide down your arms. You can keep your shirt on.”
“Say baby, put down that pipe and get my pipe up.”
“Cup your hands under your breasts and hold them for ten seconds.”
“Off with those pants.”

”Cunnilingus involves the lips and tongue.”
“Pipe slow-jam music into your shower!”
“I wish I were a lesbian.”

remix on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eT3zBk9Cg4)
and

second remix (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4QA2edcccY)