PDA

View Full Version : Post #1 and admited ex-neocon

bossman068410
03-19-2009, 10:06 PM
Hey, just wanted to let you know that you guys rock and how I came to get here so you know your efforts are not in vein.

A couple of years ago i came across talk radio listened a little and then it intensified during the elections. First I listen to Sean Hannity, and Mark Levin. Eventually i found myself on the Levin Fan Board. I found the board slow and boring so i jumped onto the Hannity forums because Levin and Hannity were buddies. During my time of being addicted to talk radio during the last year i also stumbled onto Beck and a guy I liked from a tv series called babylon 5 Jerry Dole. During this time Ron Paul was being seen as a kook by the neocons because of his war and drug stance so it took a while to convert me. Since I hated drugs, and worried about the security of our nation. I continued listening and started to research on YOU TUBE and ONLINE about the Federal Reserve and learned how they are stealing from us, after learning about it I was hooked on the Libertarian message and truly listen to everything you had to say. Then I was hooked on MISES.

It took me about 4 months to slowly see the true libertarian stance by the libertarians pounding me with information though these outlets. I want to tell you guys don't give up on pounding away on those outlets. The message gets out !!!!

Today i still struggle with some of the views and seek to find the Answers, but I'm telling you guys now I'm behind you.

PS. I have officially converted one dem yesterday and pounding away at a Huffington Post, CNN watching lib. She knows a hell of a lot of history that gives me an advantage because I can point to history as examples.

KEEP IT UP !!!!

and Thanks :)

JeNNiF00F00
03-19-2009, 10:11 PM
welcome aboard! :)

canadian4ronpaul
03-19-2009, 10:14 PM
welcome to our rag-tag band of vagabonds and hooligans! start converting friends and family

ronpaulhawaii
03-19-2009, 10:14 PM
Hey, just wanted to let you know that you guys rock and how I came to get here so you know your efforts are not in vein.

A couple of years ago i came across talk radio listened a little and then it intensified during the elections. First I listen to Sean Hannity, and Mark Levin. Eventually i found myself on the Levin Fan Board. I found the board slow and boring so i jumped onto the Hannity forums because Levin and Hannity were buddies. During my time of being addicted to talk radio during the last year i also stumbled onto Beck and a guy I liked from a tv series called babylon 5 Jerry Dole. During this time Ron Paul was being seen as a kook by the neocons because of his war and drug stance so it took a while to convert me. Since I hated drugs, and worried about the security of our nation. I continued listening and started to research on YOU TUBE and ONLINE about the Federal Reserve and learned how they are stealing from us, after learning about it I was hooked on the Libertarian message and truly listen to everything you had to say. Then I was hooked on MISES.

It took me about 4 months to slowly see the true libertarian stance by the libertarians pounding me with information though these outlets. I want to tell you guys don't give up on pounding away on those outlets. The message gets out !!!!

Today i still struggle with some of the views and seek to find the Answers, but I'm telling you guys now I'm behind you.

PS. I have officially converted one dem yesterday and pounding away at a Huffington Post, CNN watching lib. She knows a hell of a lot of history that gives me an advantage because I can point to history as examples.

KEEP IT UP !!!!

:)

Welcome to the forum, Thanks for sharing your story. Plenty of former neo-cons here, so don't feel alone.

and don't mind the drama you may run into, we try to maximize free-speech, so things can get a bit funky at times.

Use the "newposts" button for a "live feed" kind of experiance, and enjoy

BTW - our current legislative pushes are for HR1207, and against HR 875,

Lots more to do, jump right in...

TheConstitutionLives
03-19-2009, 10:18 PM
Congrats on your conversion. There's alot of good meaty discussion here so I would suggest doing a search for any topic you're interested in. If I had to recommend only one piece of educational material to you I would strongly encourage you (or anyone that hasn't yet) watch on Youtube or Google Video the Michael Badnarik Constitution Class. I still watch it from time to time b/c it's that good and it's a very powerful injection of knowledge and understanding of where we're supposed to be and where we are now. It's about 8 hours long so you might want to dedicate a Sunday afternoon or chop it up and watch an hour at a time.

Be wary of some of the over the top theories that you'll undoubtedly come across on this board. My suggestion on this stuff is take the middle road. Don't believe everything but don't discount everything as well. The truth usually lies in the middle somewhere.

Again, congrats and welcome!

Here's a link to the class so you can add it to your favorites to check out sometime:

http://video.google.com/videosearch?sourceid=navclient&rls=GGLJ,GGLJ:2009-07,GGLJ:en&q=badnarik+constitution+class&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv&ei=Kx7DSePiHZ3YygXYtYygCw&oi=property_suggestions&resnum=0&ct=property-revision&cd=1#

Kotin
03-19-2009, 10:19 PM
you are very welcome here..

many in these forums have a similiar story.. :D

dr. hfn
03-19-2009, 10:20 PM
Welcome to the most motherfing awesome R3VOLUTION EVER!

raiha
03-19-2009, 10:28 PM
Welcome Bossman with all those numbers after your name.
A question. And one that some other ex-neocon may like to answer also. Why oh why the attraction to Levi Strauss and Machiavelli underlying neocon principles?

torchbearer
03-19-2009, 10:33 PM
Congrats on your conversion. There's alot of good meaty discussion here so I would suggest doing a search for any topic you're interested in. If I had to recommend only one piece of educational material to you I would strongly encourage you (or anyone that hasn't yet) watch on Youtube or Google Video the Michael Badnarik Constitution Class. I still watch it from time to time b/c it's that good and it's a very powerful injection of knowledge and understanding of where we're supposed to be and where we are now. It's about 8 hours long so you might want to dedicate a Sunday afternoon or chop it up and watch an hour at a time.

Be wary of some of the over the top theories that you'll undoubtedly come across on this board. My suggestion on this stuff is take the middle road. Don't believe everything but don't discount everything as well. The truth usually lies in the middle somewhere.

Again, congrats and welcome!

Here's a link to the class so you can add it to your favorites to check out sometime:

http://video.google.com/videosearch?sourceid=navclient&rls=GGLJ,GGLJ:2009-07,GGLJ:en&q=badnarik+constitution+class&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv&ei=Kx7DSePiHZ3YygXYtYygCw&oi=property_suggestions&resnum=0&ct=property-revision&cd=1#

Yes- start with the constitution class.

MsDoodahs
03-19-2009, 10:33 PM
Welcome...and as you can see by the fact that we're already arguing with each other on your introduction thread....we're like one very large, dysfunctional family.

:D

bossman068410
03-19-2009, 10:36 PM
Welcome...and as you can see by the fact that we're already arguing with each other on your introduction thread....we're like one very large, dysfunctional family.

Lool

Like Herding Cats.

torchbearer
03-19-2009, 10:37 PM

I saw someone posted this earlier:

Two libertarians rarely agree with each other... and when they finally do agree with each other- they accuse the other of selling-out. :D

heavenlyboy34
03-19-2009, 10:46 PM
Welcome to red-pill land, OP. Congrats on your awakening. Glad you decided to join us. Now hold on for a wild ride! :eek::cool::D

LibertyEagle
03-19-2009, 10:55 PM
By the way, I split the thread.

Here is the split:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=184615

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
03-19-2009, 11:22 PM
Welcome to the revolution... here is your constitution, gun, tri corner hat, youtube account, digg shovel, snowballs to throw at hannity and "proud to be a domestic terrorist" lapel pin... now be sure to spread the message!

newbitech
03-19-2009, 11:28 PM

KEEP IT UP !!!!

word,

I woke up after voting for Bush 2 times. Something just clicked. Glad to have you, I know your experience here will change you. Now go pass it on!

Dripping Rain
03-19-2009, 11:29 PM
welcome bossman
were all glad to see you here. many people on this forum are recovering neocons. youll fit right in. i hope to see more posts from you

Dripping Rain
03-19-2009, 11:31 PM

:(

silverhawks
03-19-2009, 11:36 PM
I saw someone posted this earlier:

Two libertarians rarely agree with each other... and when they finally do agree with each other- they accuse the other of selling-out. :D

I agree with this statement.

Torchbearer has obviously sold out.

Welcome to the forums, Bossman :)

danberkeley
03-19-2009, 11:49 PM

I'll keep our chat room lives seperate from our forum lives. :p

Lool

Like Herding Cats.

No comment

pinkmandy
03-19-2009, 11:55 PM
Welcome to the revolution... here is your constitution, gun, tri corner hat, youtube account, digg shovel, snowballs to throw at hannity and "proud to be a domestic terrorist" lapel pin... now be sure to spread the message!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v387/denimjo/Emoticon/laugh.gif

And your script goes like this, "F you, Frank."

Welcome to the boards!

Roxi
03-20-2009, 12:07 AM
YAY!!! welcome aboard!

what was the final straw? and how did you stumble here?

AdamT
03-20-2009, 12:13 AM
Love these kinds of threads! Welcome!!

nayjevin
03-20-2009, 12:25 AM
nice, nice! welcome!

you have the unique perspective necessary to convert more like you!

Pauls' Revere
03-20-2009, 12:58 AM
Bravo!

Had my aha this is B.S. moment as well...life will never be the same. The two party system must end.

ihsv
03-20-2009, 12:59 AM
Welcome!

If you're not on the no-fly list yet, you will be soon :D

devil21
03-20-2009, 04:19 AM
Cool thread. These keep the wheels of the liberty movement turning.

Welcome. PM me for a list of who to ignore :D

bunklocoempire
03-20-2009, 04:37 AM
Ah, the message of Liberty and what's needed to restore, and keep it.

Now your life gets complicated, yet strangely easier at the same time. Keep overcoming those knee jerk reactions. (neo-con flashbacks)

Welcome! Go get 'em tiger!:)

Bunkloco

eOs
03-20-2009, 05:52 AM
Glad you could join us. Welcome.

nobody's_hero
03-20-2009, 06:22 AM
From one former neo-con zombie to another:

Welcome to the "fringe." :p

Bruno
03-20-2009, 06:25 AM
Love these kinds of threads! Welcome!!

+ 1

Welcome!

We don't say, "what took you so long", just "glad you're here!"

BillyDkid
03-20-2009, 06:38 AM
I have always said and believed that the majority of Americans will recognize and respond to the truth once they are given the chance to hear it. The powers that be know this too and that is why so much effort was put into preventing them from hearing it through the mass media. Both conservatives and liberals respond for the most part once they "get it" so to speak. So glad to have you aboard. Thank God for the internet.

Liberty is really the answer to vast majority of our problems. The government and the media have done their best to make the idea of liberty sound frightening and dangerous - and I guess it is - to the those running the show.

torchbearer
03-20-2009, 07:40 AM
mornin' fellers,

sailor
03-20-2009, 07:45 AM
Great! Good to see people can stil recognise the truth even if it is complex.

The neo-cons have an advantage because they can package their thing into tidbits that seemingly make sense. Like all those "we fight them over there so we dont have to fight them over here" oneliners.

But we have the advantage of being on the side of truth and decency. Interventionism is making America less safe. If you value security you must be non-interventionist. But that takes a lot more real knowledge and understanding to comprehend and can not be compressed into an instant ready-made cheezy tidbit.

angelatc
03-20-2009, 08:18 AM

KEEP IT UP !!!!

Yes, I am qualify as a reformed neocon supporter. I never supported the invasion of Iraq, but that was my first clue that something wasn't quite right.

I suggest subscribing to "American Conservative" magazine - it's awesome.

My husband and I used to race home to catch Babylon 5. I loved that show.

A. Havnes
03-20-2009, 08:21 AM
Welcome! It's great that we're opening more and more eyes. Happy to have you aboard!

Sandra
03-20-2009, 08:29 AM
Welcome !

acptulsa
03-20-2009, 09:27 AM
So glad to have you aboard. Thank God for the internet.

Billy, you just turned me into a Dittohead. Just for you, not for Rush!

RCA
03-20-2009, 10:29 AM
Welcome!

See my signature for some good info.

bossman068410
03-20-2009, 12:08 PM
YAY!!! welcome aboard!

what was the final straw? and how did you stumble here?

I think the final straw with that
oooohhh shit were F***** moment

1)Realizing the federal reserve was a private institution
For profit that steals from us through inflation and taxation.

2)The double oooooh shit moment was seeing the history of wars
and how every war has started with Suspicious Circumstances.

3)Seeing Individuals, Corporations, other governments, Charities, and Causes Using the Government to directly rob us, or indirectly rob us through regulation.

I could go on.

dr. hfn
03-20-2009, 12:11 PM
Long live the Republic!

Feenix566
03-20-2009, 12:40 PM
Welcome to the party :)

I used to support the war in Iraq, too. Now I realize it was a bad idea.

LittleLightShining
03-20-2009, 12:54 PM
Welcome, boss! Glad you could make it :)

Brian4Liberty
03-20-2009, 03:25 PM
a guy I liked from a tv series called babylon 5 Jerry Dole.

Yeah, I really liked him when he first started out. He was somewhat libertarian minded. Then he got behind the war, and I turned him off (and he went off the air too). I wonder if he is still on, and if so has he changed his mind about war...

IPSecure
03-20-2009, 03:33 PM
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:E0A0o8GXb36ICM:http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2166/2110296893_a1d42e99b6.jpg

mediahasyou
03-20-2009, 06:29 PM
Youtube is king.

Thank you aravoth.

He Who Pawns
03-20-2009, 07:58 PM
Another human... snatched from the jaws of the Matrix!!!

Bravo!

Working Poor
03-20-2009, 08:52 PM
welcome bossman rant on buddy.

TruckinMike
03-21-2009, 07:28 AM

Yes... but we still love each other
http://tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:5VdO5OA-eSYzqM:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/67/Love_heart_uidaodjsdsew.png/727px-Love_heart_uidaodjsdsew.png

--- self professed ex-neocon, TruckinMike

pcosmar
03-21-2009, 07:48 AM
I was once infected with the Neo-con virus too.
The only cure is the truth.(red Pill) and it is sometimes hard to swallow.
Welcome, and best wishes on your recovery. :)

TruckinMike
03-21-2009, 08:17 AM
...The only cure is the truth.(red Pill) and it is sometimes hard to swallow...

Do you mean like this?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2259/2246155421_4b64db6dbf_o.jpg

TMike

torchbearer
03-21-2009, 08:50 AM
Do you mean like this?

TMike

soppository

ronpaulhawaii
03-21-2009, 09:03 AM
Do you mean like this?

TMike

haha - biggest damn red-pill I ever seen...

humanic
03-21-2009, 09:53 AM
Thanks for the encouraging post bossman. Welcome! :cool: