PDA

View Full Version : anyone else having problems with Paul's audit the fed bill?

fj45lvr
03-19-2009, 12:43 PM
I think "theoretically" it would be great but the PITFALL will be "who exactly" is going to be doing the "digging"???

It just seems to easy for the FED to reveal what they want and for the GOV insiders (machine) to have a "sweetheart" deal cooked with their "selected" auditors.

I can't see how this will do anything other than end up with a AUDIT that I wouldn't believe in a million years (one designed to pull the wool over eyes and they will use as a basis to say "move along nothing to see here").

Please let me know how this can turn out any other way.

acptulsa
03-19-2009, 12:45 PM
Well, we can spread the news. That would make it useful. If nothing else, it does indeed demonstrate that the Fed is a private corporation and that the people we elect really have little control over it. This is an important piece of information for the people to understand.

Truth Warrior
03-19-2009, 12:46 PM
Yep, my problem is, it's about 96 YEARS late. :rolleyes: :mad:

"It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." -- Henry Ford

specsaregood
03-19-2009, 12:51 PM
It just seems to easy for the FED to reveal what they want and for the GOV insiders (machine) to have a "sweetheart" deal cooked with their "selected" auditors.

1. Breaks down the aura of "hands-off" the federal reserve.
2. In your scenario above, you at least have the hope of getting their cooked books down on paper, then taking their audit/paperwork and trying to prove it incorrect/fraud.

or
3. If it passes, "they" want the federal reserve to collapse under the weight of an audit, stick the US citizens with the bill, and create a new private global banking system (debt-free).

dannno
03-19-2009, 12:52 PM
Here's the thing, there are actually very few politicians in on the whole "conspiracy". Most of them really believe what they're doing.

When they get on a committee to audit and suddenly some of them find out that the information isn't forthcoming and there really is something to be investigated, then good things can come out of it.

It's sort of like the 9/11 Commission. At least two people on the 9/11 Commission came out and said that the information wasn't forthcoming and investigation was a farce. That gave a lot of fuel to the 9/11 truth movement, and there are still a lot of people who don't even know about those committee members. Hopefully the media will be on top of this one and we'll have more success.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." -Ron Paul

"If you want to learn to swim, you've got to jump in the water." -Flight of the Navigator

acptulsa
03-19-2009, 12:55 PM
Hopefully the media will be on top of this one and we'll have more success.

:rolleyes:

They'll be on top of it if and when we succeed in shoving it down their throats.

dannno
03-19-2009, 12:58 PM
:rolleyes:

They'll be on top of it if and when we succeed in shoving it down their throats.

Ya I'm not counting on it, but I still do believe there are good people out there. We all know a lot of good people who have been fooled by the system.

RonPaulVolunteer
03-19-2009, 12:58 PM
SOMETHING is better than NOTHING right??

Mani
03-19-2009, 01:02 PM
1. Breaks down the aura of "hands-off" the federal reserve.
2. In your scenario above, you at least have the hope of getting their cooked books down on paper, then taking their audit/paperwork and trying to prove it incorrect/fraud.

or
3. If it passes, "they" want the federal reserve to collapse under the weight of an audit, stick the US citizens with the bill, and create a new private global banking system (debt-free).

I dislike Auditors, but from what I've seen traditionally, is the first step is putting the rules in place, the next year checking to see if those rules are being followed, then following years are tightening of the rules and controls.

So while this first attempt might be a meekly cooked up book, at LEAST WE HAVE A BOOK. And overtime we can begin poking at it and looking for the holes. Eventually things start to crack and slip up.

And remember, do you really think the government does anything that well? I doubt they could even cook up their books right.

This is a good first step, we can't even begin auditing without ANY books to audit.

Malakai0
03-19-2009, 01:02 PM
We want the public to know:

How much the fed is printing.
How much they are lending to banks.
What they are accepting as collateral.
The status of their balance sheet.

Among other things. Common sense things a central bank should be releasing to the people anyway. The fact they refuse to release any of this info leads me to suspect that releasing these numbers would be devastating to what most of america thinks the state of the US economy is.

werdd
03-19-2009, 01:23 PM
We want the public to know:

How much the fed is printing.
How much they are lending to banks.
What they are accepting as collateral.
The status of their balance sheet.

And when that info is public.

"It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." -- Henry Ford

;)

acptulsa
03-19-2009, 01:34 PM
And remember, do you really think the government does anything that well? I doubt they could even cook up their books right.

This would be heartening, were it not the government doing the auditing and the Federal Reserve doing the cooking.

Elwar
03-19-2009, 02:10 PM
The amount of shredded documents outside of the fed buildings after this passes could fuel the electric power stations of the whole nation.

This is actually Ron Paul's energy policy, not a fed policy.

It's genius.