PDA

View Full Version : What is a Neoamerican?

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
03-19-2009, 11:54 AM
A neoamerican is one who holds his and her minor culture over that of the formal-culture established by our Founding-Fathers. Examples of minor cultures might be those typically known as European, African American, Hispanic, Asian and Native American.
Why is being an American considered to be one who shares in a greater formal-culture? Because such a political conclusion was arrived at by the use of natural law. A natural law conclusion had to be reduced down to on the physical level because the social sciences had yet to exist during that time. The only truth closer to the quality of the truth created by natural law is God Almighty Himself.

ChaosControl
03-19-2009, 11:59 AM
Something bad, it seems anything with "neo" in it is bad.

Truth Warrior
03-19-2009, 12:02 PM
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/neoamerican (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/neoamerican)

Making up words again, eh? :p

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
03-19-2009, 12:13 PM
Something bad, it seems anything with "neo" in it is bad.

Yes. With "neo" meaning new. At one time the conservative Greeks were those who piously referenced the gods in their mannerisms. In comparison, the philosophers would have been considered liberal and neo because they tactfully challenged the notion of many gods with the consideration of a single one. Examples of this would have been Plato's "Demiurge" (who was a literal god that one could point their finger at) and Aristotle's "Unmoved Mover."
I guess over time both political sides end up looking foolish and primitive.

ChaosControl
03-19-2009, 12:14 PM
"Neo" means new. At one time the conservative Greeks were those who piously referenced the gods in their mannerisms. In comparison, the philosophers would have been considered liberal because they tactfully challenged the notion of many gods with the consideration of a single one. Examples of this would have been Plato's "Demiurge" (who was a literal god that one could point their finger at) and Aristotle's "Unmoved Mover."
I guess over time both political sides end up looking foolish and primitive.

I was just poking fun. Like how we have "neocon."

Yeah the term liberal used to be a good thing until the leftist fanatics hijacked.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
03-19-2009, 12:18 PM
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/neoamerican (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/neoamerican)

Making up words again, eh? :p

Very good! Yes, all words are made up. At one time, most words were actually phrases of many words that eventually reduced down to one. This should be a revelation to encourage us in matters concerning grammar because it simplifies and helps when we see phrases as words.

Truth Warrior
03-19-2009, 12:21 PM
Very good! Yes, all words are made up. At one time, most words were actually phrases of many words that eventually reduced down to one. This should be a revelation to encourage us in matters concerning grammar because it simplifies and helps when we see phrases as words. Well then, I guess you'd just oughta submit it to Webster, etc. :p I'm considering it with "archist". :D

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
03-19-2009, 12:32 PM
I was just poking fun. Like how we have "neocon."

Yeah the term liberal used to be a good thing until the leftist fanatics hijacked.

As a naive man, I can never quite tell if being a conservative woman is a good or a bad thing.
Why America uses an old European political spectrum devised by Aristotle is quite perplexing. American people don't have to do anything politically because being an American is an inward business concerning the soul. In comparison, European politics is in the outward business of manipulating people towards what is good for them politically.
Also, the self evident truths and unalienable natural rights are not known by the mind but sensed by the conscience of the human soul because that is where a natural law reduces to exist on the physical level (kind of like DnA.)

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
03-19-2009, 12:41 PM
Well then, I guess you'd just oughta submit it to Webster, etc. :p I'm considering it with "archist". :D

One can also think of clauses as words. One type of clause is independent in that it can stand alone as a sentence -- which has a subject (Jesus) and a predicate (wept) -- while the other is dependent in that it can't stand alone and be rationally interpreted. Then again, one can violate these rules by writing a sentence with a single interjecting isolate. Wow!

Truth Warrior
03-19-2009, 12:51 PM
One can also think of clauses as words. One type of clause is independent in that it can stand alone as a sentence -- which has a subject (Jesus) and a predicate (wept) -- while the other is dependent in that it can't stand alone and be rationally interpreted. Then again, one can violate these rules by writing a sentence with a single interjecting isolate. Wow! What's half of a hemisphere? :D How come "whelmed" isn't a word?

1000-points-of-fright
03-19-2009, 01:10 PM
What's half of a hemisphere? :D

A quarter sphere

How come "whelmed" isn't a word?

It is. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/whelmed

See how annoying that is?

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
03-19-2009, 01:13 PM
What's half of a hemisphere? :D How come "whelmed" isn't a word?

One can use any word one desires: just be ever mindful that one can be harshly disciplined by a nanny.

Truth Warrior
03-19-2009, 01:21 PM
One can use any word one desires: just be ever mindful that one can be harshly disciplined by a nanny. Well I suppose so just as long as communication with others is NOT a primary issue nor concern. :D