PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck going over MIAC right now.

paulitics
03-19-2009, 07:13 AM
Tune in. Discuss.

Elwar
03-19-2009, 07:35 AM
Listened to it on the way in to work. I'm surprised he said he doesn't believe in the NWO. All of the stuff he rails about would make so much more sense if he saw it.

Also said he wasn't a supporter of Ron Paul or Bob Barr but that he "toyed around" with the idea.

He did say though that he might like a Ron Paul bumper sticker on his car now (just to show off that he's a domestic terrorist).

He spoke of Ron Paul supporters trying to run his bus off of the road, was fair about saying "Do I think all Ron Paul supporters are dangerous? No. Do I think some are? Yes...just like some Nancy Pelosi supporters are dangerous and some George Bush supporters...etc".

sluggo
03-19-2009, 07:48 AM
The Beck Bus, lol

Invalid
03-19-2009, 07:52 AM
Maybe Beck just changes sides and opinions so fast that no one can tell what he really thinks yet everyone is paranoid about him because of it.

The neocons pundits are nervous about him. The libertarians don't know what to think.

reduen
03-19-2009, 07:54 AM
Anyone got a link? I am not typically a Beck listener...

This could change that though.

reduen
03-19-2009, 08:06 AM
Listened to it on the way in to work. I'm surprised he said he doesn't believe in the NWO. All of the stuff he rails about would make so much more sense if he saw it.

Also said he wasn't a supporter of Ron Paul or Bob Barr but that he "toyed around" with the idea.

He did say though that he might like a Ron Paul bumper sticker on his car now (just to show off that he's a domestic terrorist).

He spoke of Ron Paul supporters trying to run his bus off of the road, was fair about saying "Do I think all Ron Paul supporters are dangerous? No. Do I think some are? Yes...just like some Nancy Pelosi supporters are dangerous and some George Bush supporters...etc".

Good to hear but could someone please email Beck and ask him to at least entertain the idea that those who were threatening him were not really Ron Paul supporters at all...?

I have the perfect example of what I am talking about with a supposed Romney supporter that approached me while I was at the Ames straw poll....:rolleyes:

fedup100
03-19-2009, 08:08 AM
He is a neocon "shape shifter "

He Who Pawns
03-19-2009, 09:31 AM
Lol, he says RP supporters tried to run him off the road??

Reminds of when Hannity got chased through the streets of NH. ;)

sailor
03-19-2009, 09:35 AM
Glenn Beck is wrong. Those couldn`t have been RP supporters trying to run him off the road.

If it were us, we would have ran him off the road! ;D

specsaregood
03-19-2009, 09:37 AM
Glenn Beck is wrong. Those couldn`t have been RP supporters trying to run him off the road.

If it were us, we would have ran him off the road! ;D

Youtube or it didn't happen. You can't tell me that a bus full of media people failed to document people trying to run them off the road.

pinkmandy
03-19-2009, 09:39 AM
He is a neocon "shape shifter "

+1 and LOL :D

tonesforjonesbones
03-19-2009, 09:47 AM
I heard Beck talking about it this morning and he did NOT say he didn't believe in the NWO..Beck is doing a fairly good job these days. Remember, his audience are fairly clueless about this stuff and they have to be lead to the trough of truth gently...people are waking up. Now, if we can just get Fox to fire Oreilly and jack Hannity up...we'll be in business. tones

tonesforjonesbones
03-19-2009, 09:49 AM
Fox realizes that there is a growing audience for this content..and they are gaining more viewers...this is good...we can take over fox if we start tuning in...they will go with the popular opinion..lets make ours the popular opinion and we're onto something! tones

tonesforjonesbones
03-19-2009, 09:51 AM
I am seeing a parallel of purists in the libertarian movement and purists jazz lovers/musicians. No matter how great the jazz is, if it goes mainstream...the purists in the jazz world start hatin it. DOn't be martyers! Embrace our growth! that's what we're working for isn't it? tones

Elwar
03-19-2009, 09:54 AM
I heard Beck talking about it this morning and he did NOT say he didn't believe in the NWO..Beck is doing a fairly good job these days. Remember, his audience are fairly clueless about this stuff and they have to be lead to the trough of truth gently...people are waking up. Now, if we can just get Fox to fire Oreilly and jack Hannity up...we'll be in business. tones

I'm just going by what he said. Stew was reading through the Missouri thing asking Glenn if he believed in a globalist New World Order that controls the things that are happening today. Glenn said that he believed that it could eventually happen because the Bible tells him that it will but that he doesn't believe it's happening right now.
Also said that he doesn't believe the jews control the banks and media. Which I guess they don't control "all of" the banks and the media.

pinkmandy
03-19-2009, 10:00 AM

Gently? Like going on the Fox morning show and talking about FEMA prisons? That's not gentle- it's scary as hell to the avg Repub who has been living in la la land for the past 8 years thinking our govt was protecting us from terrorists all this time. He is inciting anger, confusion and indignation. These are good things in the sense that people are becoming aware but bad that they trust Beck and Fox to 'lead' them.

We need to keep an eye on local 'we surround them' meetup groups and be the voices of reason and nonviolence. There is massive herding going on right now of the armed Repub base. It's no coincidence that Fox is suddenly letting Beck even talk about this stuff. Of course there's an agenda. If Fox didn't want Beck to talk about this stuff, he wouldn't be talking about it on their station.

tonesforjonesbones
03-19-2009, 10:05 AM
well...for whatever reason, if Beck starts converting the neo con grass roots BACK to the basics...I'm all for it. The ONLY way is to have a voice in the mainstream. I believe him to be sincere,,, and I haven't heard him discuss fema camps lately..so they probably backed him off on it..but hey, I sense forward motion. I can't complain about that. I want whatever it takes to get the masses BACK to the Constitution! tones

A. Havnes
03-19-2009, 10:05 AM
Anyone got a Youtube of the audio?

pinkmandy
03-19-2009, 10:06 AM
well...for whatever reason, if Beck starts converting the neo con grass roots BACK to the basics...I'm all for it. The ONLY way is to have a voice in the mainstream. I believe him to be sincere,,, and I haven't heard him discuss fema camps lately..so they probably backed him off on it..but hey, I sense forward motion. I can't complain about that. I want whatever it takes to get the masses BACK to the Constitution! tones

I am glad he's waking people up. A lot of people I know personally no longer think I'm nuts. ;) That said, there is an agenda here and we have to pay attention. These people he is 'waking up' are being herded. Beck is the sheepdog, gathering the flock.

tonesforjonesbones
03-19-2009, 10:20 AM
If they are hearded back to the Constitution..great! tones (I just don't want them to start getting too riled up to usher in the inevitable)

specsaregood
03-19-2009, 10:30 AM
If they are hearded back to the Constitution..great! tones (I just don't want them to start getting too riled up to usher in the inevitable)

Agreed.

We need to keep an eye on local 'we surround them' meetup groups and be the voices of reason and nonviolence. There is massive herding going on right now of the armed Repub base.
^This. The "we surround them" stuff seems perfectly suited as a way to pigeon-hole all of us as violent extremists. People beginning to join up with us need to be told that we are for a non-violent revolution. If our philosophical enemies have not already started "infiltrating" our groups with agent provocateurs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agent_provocateur) they will soon enough.

Discrediting our "movement" as violent extremists seems like by far the easiest way to keep us on the lunatic fringe. If I was our philosophical enemy, that is certainly one tactic I would try.

acptulsa
03-19-2009, 10:36 AM
We need to keep an eye on local 'we surround them' meetup groups and be the voices of reason and nonviolence. There is massive herding going on right now of the armed Repub base. It's no coincidence that Fox is suddenly letting Beck even talk about this stuff. Of course there's an agenda. If Fox didn't want Beck to talk about this stuff, he wouldn't be talking about it on their station.

Thank you very much.

Fox is still owned by Rupert Murdoch, people. Getting hyped up over this talking head or that talking head having a 'change of heart' is about as sensible to me as crying over the trials and tribulations of a character on a soap opera. I, for one, will never utter the phrase 'Glen Beck said it so you should believe it'.

tonesforjonesbones
03-19-2009, 10:37 AM
YEs i kinda am leery of that agenda...but, the agenda to pigeon hole us has been exposed now...thanks to a caring police officer who sent the memo to Alex Jones. tones

tonesforjonesbones
03-19-2009, 10:38 AM
acptulsa...so? I hope he converts the neo cons...that's very important. He is taking them in a new direction, and I'm glad he's doing it. He's learning also. Tones

tonesforjonesbones
03-19-2009, 10:40 AM
Actually, Murdoch's son has taken control...and he said he would be moving Fox in a new direction...perhaps he is taking on the libertarian slant..if so...that is a blessing. tones

specsaregood
03-19-2009, 10:40 AM
YEs i kinda am leery of that agenda...but, the agenda to pigeon hole us has been exposed now...thanks to a caring police officer who sent the memo to Alex Jones. tones

It has been exposed to US, not to the masses and esp. the non-conservative majority that voted for obama. I think we all agree that overall, getting the Rush, Beck, Hannity, etc. listeners on our side is a good thing. The problem is getting those people to start thinking for themselves, so that when those same pundits switch sides toward fascism again -- and they will -- their viewers see through it next time around.....

acptulsa
03-19-2009, 10:42 AM
acptulsa...so? I hope he converts the neo cons...that's very important. He is taking them in a new direction, and I'm glad he's doing it.

Yeah, me too. I'm just watching for that other shoe to drop. And in the meantime, I'm not going to tell anyone anywhere to trust him implicitly.

He's learning also. Tones

Is he? Or is Murdoch just setting us up so he can teach us a lesson? Sorry to rain on the parade, but remember--just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get us.

Actually, Murdoch's son has taken control...and he said he would be moving Fox in a new direction...perhaps he is taking on the libertarian slant..if so...that is a blessing. tones

That would indeed be nice. Much better than hiring Dubya's relatives like Fox did back in 2000 or so.

The problem is getting those people to start thinking for themselves, so that when those same pundits switch sides toward fascism again -- and they will -- their viewers see through it next time around.....

My thoughts exactly. Fox saw their base turning away from them, and realized they were becoming too obvious. Now they want the babies to stop spitting up when Fox tries to spoon feed them. We'd do very well indeed to teach them how to use the spoon themselves--if we can pull it off.

jmdrake
03-19-2009, 11:50 AM

*sigh* When I clicked on this thread I thought I knew what I was going to say. I was going to say "I'll believe Glen Beck has 'changed' if he apologizes to the Ron Paul movement." Instead I get a half hearted apology where he throws unfounded allegations against some supposedly "dangerous" supporters. Oh sure, he attempts to "throw us a bone" by talking about "Nancy Pelosi supporters" but without making any accusations against them. :rolleyes: And I don't recall in all of the bruhaha last year him making the "bus off the road" accusation. I think he's trying to "soften his position" without actually admitting he was wrong. Progress? Not in my book, but we'll see.

But here's the real kicker. Technically MIAC didn't say all Ron Paul supporters were terrorist either, just that we were potentially associated with the militia movement who were potential terrorists. So what's the difference? He's still doing guilt by association without even the slightest bit of objective evidence.

Regards,

John M. Drake

tremendoustie
03-19-2009, 12:34 PM
I am seeing a parallel of purists in the libertarian movement and purists jazz lovers/musicians. No matter how great the jazz is, if it goes mainstream...the purists in the jazz world start hatin it. DOn't be martyers! Embrace our growth! that's what we're working for isn't it? tones

Good posts tones, I agree.

We need to remain vigilant though, and ready to point it out immediately if Beck goes off the rails.

LittleLightShining
03-19-2009, 01:12 PM
Now, if we can just get Fox to fire Oreilly and jack Hannity up...we'll be in business. tonesSeriously? Seriously?

I am glad he's waking people up. A lot of people I know personally no longer think I'm nuts. ;) That said, there is an agenda here and we have to pay attention. These people he is 'waking up' are being herded. Beck is the sheepdog, gathering the flock.Same here :D

If they are hearded back to the Constitution..great! tones (I just don't want them to start getting too riled up to usher in the inevitable)If it's inevitable what difference does it make when?

We need to remain vigilant though, and ready to point it out immediately if Beck goes off the rails.This.

Someone sent me an email mentioning the 912 project. This is what I said:

I have to admit that I'm really skeptical of Glenn Beck. I think he's coming around and that he does have an idea of what's going on but he's not quite there yet. I will continue to work within the VT Campaign For Liberty which is a peaceful, nonpartisan education group. The 9-12 movement, though exciting in that it is drawing people together, seems like it's got the potential to be an ideal vehicle for agent provocateurs.

I prefer C4L in that it's really grassroots. We have an example/teacher/mentor in Ron Paul but he is not our leader. Glenn Beck is too unstable and confused in his beliefs to be an appropriate leader to any opposition or dissenting movement. That said I hope that what I'm seeing from him is real, and I'm grateful that he is talking about issues that need to be addressed. to an audience who really needs to hear it.

constituent
03-19-2009, 02:05 PM
I have to admit that I'm really skeptical of Glenn Beck. I think he's coming around and that he does have an idea of what's going on but he's not quite there yet [suggestion, add "this, in my opinion makes him more dangerous than "right." or something along those lines... anyway] I will continue to work within the VT Campaign For Liberty which is a peaceful, nonpartisan education group. The 9-12 movement, though exciting in that it is drawing people together, seems like it's got the potential to be an ideal vehicle for agent provocateurs ["agent provocateurs" might be a put-off depending on your audience, try and point out some other intrinsic flaw, there are not shortage].

see brackets for just some thoughts.

LittleLightShining
03-19-2009, 02:08 PM
see brackets for just some thoughts.Thanks, I wish I had seen that before I sent it. The first suggestion would have tightened it up nicely. As for the AP mention, I'm not worried about that with this particular fellow.